The Mafiascum World of Warcraft Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:14 am

Post by Oman »

xRECKONERx wrote:Raiding = better gear = better raids = better content = "finishing" the game.

FTFY
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:38 am

Post by Flameaxe »

40-mans for life. :(
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:24 am

Post by SFG »

I believe that the trial only allows you to reach level 20, which means that you wouldn't be able to get dual spec unless you bought a subscription. Also, backstabbing is excellent for early rogue play, unless you go combat.

I like raiding because its not really something you can do in your sleep. You close your eyes during Marrowgar and in 10 seconds you're dead from the blue flames he shat on you. Not only that, different fights are different, and different levels of different fights also change things. If you fall off the lootship in normal, you get ported back and keep fighting. If you fall off in heroic, you die. If you get bored of the endgame you're in, you can go back to earlier endgames as well. I used to solo Zul'gurub, a level 60 raid that got deleted in Cata, and that was still challenging. That said, as far as I can tell there are several different types of endgaming. Some people collect mounts. Some people collect pets. Some people collect achievements. Some people max out their gearscore. Some people max out their arena rating. Some people collect reputations. Some people work on Feats of Strength. Some people rake up oodles of money by playing the Auction House. Some people collect profession recipes. Some people explore the 70% of questlines they didn't get around to while leveling. If you don't really like any of the above, then you can always develop altitis and try all the different classes/specs/races/professions. It really is flexible to the desires of any individual.

I have two personal goals: [Insane in the Membrane] and [Mimiron's Head]. Although, even after I achieve them I will probably retain my love of raiding. There's nothing quite like beating that boss with only the holy paladin and the rogue alive while watching from my corpse and screaming "BURN HIM BURN HIM" into vent.
The textwaller of d00m
werewolf555
werewolf555
Goon
werewolf555
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:07 pm

Post by werewolf555 »

lvl 20 paladin!
I'm not dead yet
"Sens: Please rearrange Werewolf and Mist into a scumteam so we can policy lynch." -GreyICE
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:33 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Hey SFG, if me and dram come visit you, we can just go play WoW while he twiddles his thumbs, right?

=P
green shirt thursdays
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:53 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

xRECKONERx wrote:Hey SFG, if me and dram come visit you, we can just go "play WoW" while he "twiddles" his "thumbs", right?

=P
FTFY
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:55 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Also, I'm getting bored of backstabbing stuff, and not too thrilled with PvP. I'm thinking about starting a Pally on a PvE server.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:53 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Then don't PvP?

Honestly, it's not that bad. If you get fucked with by alliance, just message me and I'll come help you.

Questing + grinding + instances are where it's at, though you can't queue for an instance until level 15.
green shirt thursdays
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:06 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Okay, I lied, playing around with it again, backstabbing is fun again. If I could figure out how to reassign talent points, though, that'd be great.

The main problem I have is that I don't think the game will be consistently fun enough to subscribe to if I don't have a consistent group of friends to play with. I hate teaming up with randoms in most games; I don't see it becoming any different here.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:15 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I played around with a Tauren Druid, as well. They're pretty neat, too.

Also, how do I message you, Reck, given that I have no idea what your name is in-game?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:54 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'm going to PM you my Real ID. Just add me on that, and you'll be able to see me no matter which character I'm on.

PROTIP: Pressing 'O' brings up your friends list.

Once you find a good guild and are able to start using the dungeon finder, you'll enjoy the social aspect of the game a lot more. I mean, of course there are going to be dickheads in the random dungeon queue every once in awhile, but for the most part everyone's nice and friendly.
green shirt thursdays
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:06 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

And then of course there are nooblets like me who accidentally take hunter gear as a mage and only realize after they roll need and win that it was leather >.> And of course since I had enchanting, they assumed that I had taken it for that >.>

Needless to say, I never got to run with them again(this was before the dungeon finder).
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:24 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

@SFG: Quite aware that I'll probably be Resto for any serious content. I just love the lore of a Dwarf Enhance, clutching a couple of axes and getting drunk with the elemental forces.

On another note, been working on my own dps modeling spreadsheets. Fun stuff.

On another other note, my revitalized WoW time begins tonight. :D
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:54 am

Post by SFG »

You can't actually roll need on gear you can't equip anymore, they fixed that.
The textwaller of d00m
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:53 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Wait, is that standard for all instances? 'Cause I'm pretty sure my friend accidentally need-rolled for a mail chestpiece on her mage last time we ran together...
green shirt thursdays
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:58 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

yeah... i was going to say, I've accidently hit need instead of greed a couple times on my priest.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:13 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

In the lower level dungeons, it still happens. Pretty sure they turned the strict Need/Greed system on for only the 68+ instances. Unless that changed in Cata.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:53 am

Post by Nightson »

It's still possible with lower level instances and if everybody is grouped up before using the dungeon finder.
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:04 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So I've hit level 20, and it won't let me level any more. So I suppose I now have to decide if I'm going to keep playing, and if it's worth paying for.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by Umbrage »

Sudo_Nym wrote:So I've hit level 20, and it won't let me level any more. So I suppose I now have to decide if I'm going to keep playing, and if it's worth paying for.
Short answer: no.

Long answer: god no.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:12 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Sudo_Nym wrote:So I've hit level 20, and it won't let me level any more. So I suppose I now have to decide if I'm going to keep playing, and if it's worth paying for.
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes yes yes yesyes
green shirt thursdays
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT

It's totally worth it. As I have said before, I would play, but my mom won't let me spend my own money >.>
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:42 am

Post by Umbrage »

I quit WoW a long time ago, and I've never looked back. Total waste of money.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:59 am

Post by Fenchurch »

I quit WoW a long time ago, then I came back, then I quit again, then I came back again. And I frequently look back, at all the fun times I've had whilst playing.

Really though, it's up to you. I never subscribe for more than a month at a time though, then if I get bored I can just drop it again.
Last edited by Fenchurch on Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:15 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

The fun of it is being able to talk shit with friends in guild chat and vent. The more women you have around, the better as well.

Schdenfreude of Tremor
Holy/Ret Human Paladin - Korgath
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"

Return to “The Arcade”