big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:37 am

Post by big_kahunia »

Them Pretty Mayberry Flowers Vote Count

4 Foolster41 – (Internet Stranger, inHimshallibe, PeaceBringer, Elnar)
3 Internet Stranger – (help im a bug, Foolster41, davidangelsummers)
2 Elnar – (Lt. Origen, Quailman)
1 inHimshallibe – (halfpint)
1 Quailman – (Dirge)

Not voting (1):

none

With 11 alive, it’s 6 to imprison.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms 73:26 (NIV)
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:20 pm

Post by Foolster41 »

I'm Thomas Peterson, a doctor. I can protect a player during night. I protected Quailman night one. Also as part of my role, any investigation by Andy against me turns up guilty.
Winner of the "if real life was like mafia" thread. :D
**May be going on permanent Limited Access as soon as April 1st. :(**
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:30 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

seems a reasonable claim. Although why would you go so hard after someone pointing at you, if you knew you appeared guilty.
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:32 pm

Post by Foolster41 »

InHIm: I havn't played many games with IS, so I admit his "style" is as bit off settling for me, and thus my suspicion based on how he's over reacting on little day-tme evidence.

I was aluding to it because it had to do with my role, but perhaps IS is Andy (probibly a sherif or cop role) and becuaseof my role thinks I'm scum.

Elnar: You obviously didn't listen to me. I said he might have been MISINFORMED. In the last game I played in fact there were pro-town roles who could change roles, and a paranoid cop is far from uncommon, or the posibility as I said above of being Andy.

I really don't know either way, but I'll
unvote IS
Next time I'll check to see if the person I'm random voting already has a vote.
Dirge
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:57 am

Post by Dirge »

Unvote: Quailman
[size=75]I wouldn't change a stroke, cause baby I'm the most... - Prince[/size]
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:55 am

Post by Quailman »

I found Dr. Thomas Peterson, in "A New Doctor in Town" Episode: #7.15 - 26 December 1966. Why he would be perceived as guilty by the sheriff is beyond my comprehension. I could see how Barney might find everyone guilty. I just don't know what to think now. Must re-read.
Elnar
Elnar
Townie
Elnar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:27 am

Post by Elnar »

unvote: foolster
The specifics of the role seem to explain everything. But thats kind of what makes me hesitant to believe it. It fits too well. Also, the fact that it is an obscure character makes me believe it is possible for foolster to make that up. Not really sure what to think right now.
fos: foolster
"The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall. " - Mitch Hedberg
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:13 am

Post by Foolster41 »

Truthfully, I hadn't really thought of the fact that IS might be adndy until post 67 when I brought it up., I had even forgotten that part of the role until then.
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:15 am

Post by Foolster41 »

I went and looked at the episode , I guess because he suspects him of not being a good doctor when oppie gets tonsilitis. I never saw the episode myself.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:17 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

I call BS.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:42 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

Quailman wrote:I found Dr. Thomas Peterson, in "A New Doctor in Town" Episode: #7.15 - 26 December 1966. Why he would be perceived as guilty by the sheriff is beyond my comprehension. I could see how Barney might find everyone guilty. I just don't know what to think now. Must re-read.
I read the synopsis. Dr. THomas comes in and is suspected by everyone being new. Eeryone is not sure. Even Andy was unsure when opie got tonselititis. I am not comfortable enough to unvote but this is what I saw in the synopsis that maybe think that the mod could have done this.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:44 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

before I unvote I want to hear more about thinking "andy' would be paranoid if in fact you knew that you would be viewed as guilty. This is the behavior to me that doesn't add up for a minute. If not for this behavioral inconsistency. I could see it as something a mod could do. Foolster behavior to me seems inconsistent with the claim.
Dirge
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:06 am

Post by Dirge »

Foolster41 wrote:Truthfully, I hadn't really thought of the fact that IS might be adndy until post 67 when I brought it up., I had even forgotten that part of the role until then.
I don't know why you would give up so much of your role. I'm with Elnar in thinking that it does fit good, maybe a little too good. On the otherhand this is mayberry mafia all scum are going to be a stretch. It seems that people don't die they get hurt and taken out of the game. And the mods post speak of putting people in jail not lynching.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:15 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

It almost seems like Foolster is trying to flush out Andy. I don't know, that claim was awfully specific. But, do we want to lynch a claimed doctor?
unvote: Foolster41
for now
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:23 am

Post by Foolster41 »

Like I said, I was ALUDING to the role without trying to give away to much (saying that andy saw me as guilty wouldn't help me much without laying out why, so I used a more basic analogy of a paranoid cop.) besides, we havn't established thart IS is even andy, he might be a paranoid barney or soemthing else completly.

Dirge: Like I said, I have nothing to hide. I figure at this point I should lay all of my cards on the table. If I left out any part of my role, there would have only been confusion and suspicion.
Fos: Dirge
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:25 am

Post by Foolster41 »

Like I said, I was ALUDING to the role without trying to give away to much (saying that andy saw me as guilty wouldn't help me much without laying out why, so I used a more basic analogy of a paranoid cop.) besides, we havn't established thart IS is even andy, he might be a paranoid barney or soemthing else completly.

Dirge: Like I said, I have nothing to hide. I figure at this point I should lay all of my cards on the table. If I left out any part of my role, there would have only been confusion and suspicion.
Fos: Dirge

My role is my role. It's probibly best if Andy remains hidden, even though he could clear my innocence.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:19 pm

I may lay off Foolster if anyone can answer this: WHo would make a more plausible doctor?
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:43 pm

Post by Quailman »

Internet Stranger wrote:I may lay off Foolster if anyone can answer this: WHo would make a more plausible doctor?
You mean in the show? Characters I'd expect to see are Andy, Barney, Opie, Aunt Bee, Goober, Gomer, Otis, and Floyd. That's 8. Ernest T. Bass, Thelma Lou and Miss Crump bring it to 11. I don't know who in there would make a likely doc. Perhaps Eleanor Donohue's character (later episodes) - IIRC she worked in the drugstore. I'm probably forgetting someone obvious.

Among those, I don't know who would be likely to be Mafia. And I only mentioned Ernest T. Bass because we need at least one person who's suspect. That being said, maybe it will turn out that the whole Taylor clan is evil, led by Aunt Bee. But that would mean we'd rely on Barney as our cop. Now there's a scary thought.

Useless aside: Ernest T. Bass actually directed several episodes.
Dirge
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:52 am

Post by Dirge »

What was the name of that family that got into trouble. The daughter that had a thing for Andy.

IS, I don't understand your question. If we can think of another character likely to be doctor in this game you will lay off a player claiming to be doctor? That doesn't make sense to me. That said, I think that Aunt Bea would be a good candidate for doctor in the absense of another doctor type character.
davidangelsummers
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
It's a Norwegian thing

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:58 am

Post by davidangelsummers »

Im a lost David thats for sure ..... :shock:
Elnar
Elnar
Townie
Elnar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:12 am

Post by Elnar »

Internet Stranger wrote:I may lay off Foolster if anyone can answer this: WHo would make a more plausible doctor?
I really don't understand this either. How would finding a more plausible doctor make Foolster seem innocent?
"The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall. " - Mitch Hedberg
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:14 pm

The question posed was mostly rhetorical. Im calling BS on Foolster because I believe Aunt Bee would make a better doctor than some random guest star.

Combine that with the very convinient anti-ANdy nonsense and the role claim ceases to be believable. I say we lynch him.
Show

Dirge
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:44 pm

Post by Dirge »

What does everybody think about the plausibilty of Aunt Bea being a doc?
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:24 pm

Post by Quailman »

Not likely. The whole Taylor clan might be the mafia. I don't think we can trust any character roles to be necessarily good or bad. I remember Aunt Bea making pies and nutritious meals, but I don't recall her doing any doctoring.

I do find it interesting that the first name to come out is an obscure one, but there just wasn't a regular doctor on the show. I'm inclined to give Foolster the benefit of the doubt for now. I didn't say I outright believe him.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:04 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Quailman - you'd have to think that either Andy is clean or Foolster is lying about his role, in my opinion. I don't think there's much use in knowing Andy would find one guilty if Andy is scum. Maybe I'm wrong in this thinking, though.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”