Shadow's terminally happy Newbie 1451 game over,mod exploded

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:16 pm

Post by Malakittens »

On the scale of I wish we can be confirmed masons.
Last edited by Shadowmod on Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:25 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

who are you talking about
whew!
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:26 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 76, pirate mollie wrote:who are you talking about
Huntress & I.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:32 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 46, goodmorning wrote:
In post 31, TierShift wrote:
In post 29, Huntress wrote: GM has a point.

Vote: Tier
May I ask what point that is?
Why ask Huntress and not me?
You made it appear as if it was a random vote, so I thought, "what is the point that huntress is seeing?" But if there is a reason you voted for me, would you be as kind as to enlighten us?
In post 38, Rothwell wrote:
In post 37, emeraldemon wrote:All I meant is that Rothwell seems to be around, which makes me wonder if he's following the thread but not posting for some reason.
I don't really have much to input, and I don't fancy random lynching as everyone seems to have done so have just observed.
Here's a little advice: when a game's just started and I'm not familiar with any of the players, I sometimes look for things that seem odd somehow and point them out.

And the more eyes out, the better.

I have a few thoughts but I'm going to keep them under my hat for now.
And what is the reaaon you are not telling us? Don't you want to help town?

So far, you have not contributed anything particularly useful and you have taken on a defensive stance, instead of a -townish- offensive one. This all seems very scummy, considering you are the IC.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: goodmorning
D_Cobbz
D_Cobbz
Townie
D_Cobbz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:10 am

Post by D_Cobbz »

In post 29, Huntress wrote:
GM has a point.

i don't see any reason to vote for Tier there is not "point" in any previous post
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:55 am

Post by TierShift »

Someone is buddying me halp
D_Cobbz
D_Cobbz
Townie
D_Cobbz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:11 am

Post by D_Cobbz »

you know what bro? forget it. :dead:

UNVOTE: pirate mollie
VOTE: Tier
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:19 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 80, TierShift wrote:Someone is buddying me halp
This is possibly the most entertaining post thus far this game.

As to your previous questions, there are very good reasons for me to hang back for now. I did it in N1305 in an attempt to get evidence for my scumread, for instance, but I think I said what I'm going for here best in N1402:
In post 27, goodmorning wrote:
In post 24, Edosurist wrote:@GM, NS, and Scar (in order of importance, least to greatest)
Why didn't you guys try to make content out of your recent posts? Page 1 fluff can lead to page 2 fluff which can lead to long, drawn out games.
Mainly because literally you, me and notsci are the only ones who've posted anything more than "Vote: x; insert silly reason here". I want to see what the newbies have got to say for themselves rather than drop ideas that might be sheeped.
@DC: Do you have any reads so far? Anything you've seen that looks off?
Shadowmod
Shadowmod
Goon
Shadowmod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:20 am

Post by Shadowmod »

In post 56, pirate mollie wrote:VOTE: that neat package thing
Sorry, your overwhelming trust in my puzzle solving capabilities is filling me with all kinds of excitingly positive feelings, but this vote is just too delightfully cryptic and will therefore be happily discounted. On a side note, it is a great pleasure for me to remind you to send me a friendly confirmation of your role via PM.
Vote Count

pirate mollie
(1/5):
TierShift
Huntress
D_Cobbz
, Neater Plastic
Huntress
(0/5):
Malakittens
Neater Plastic

goodmorning
(1/5):
emeraldemon
, TierShift
Malakittens
(0/5):
Neater Plastic

TierShift
(3/5): goodmorning, Huntress, D_Cobbz

Rothwell
(1/5): emeraldemon

not voting
(3/9): Rothwell, pirate mollie, Malakittens

9 alive, 5 to lynch, 5 to no lynch
Day 1:
(expired on 2013-11-30 15:00:00)
Last edited by Shadowmod on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Modding History :Open 319: Jungle RepublicNewbie 1406: Krhyem on RhytehieaShadow's Delightfully Happy Newbie 1451 Mini 1635: Curse of the Werewolves
Current Games in Progress:
Mostly Flavoured Newbie 1692 NEWBIE 1693
Tag, Link and Length Restrictions on Signatures Are Annoying!
D_Cobbz
D_Cobbz
Townie
D_Cobbz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:42 am

Post by D_Cobbz »

Nothing so Far
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:48 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 81, D_Cobbz wrote:you know what bro? forget it. :dead:

UNVOTE: pirate mollie
VOTE: Tier
Look, I didn't mean to insult you, it's just that:
In post 17, TierShift wrote:VOTE: pirate mollie

Pirates are anti-town? Also, you still need to confirm.
I wrote this
In post 20, D_Cobbz wrote:
Vote: pirate mollie
In post 21, D_Cobbz wrote:pirates can't be trusted
Then you wrote this
In post 31, TierShift wrote:
In post 29, Huntress wrote: GM has a point.

May I ask what point that is?
I wrote this
In post 79, D_Cobbz wrote:
In post 29, Huntress wrote:
GM has a point.

i don't see any reason to vote for Tier there is not "point" in any previous post
Then you wrote that

It's just that you copied me twice for 3 posts, that make up half of your posts so far. Why would you do that?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:55 am

Post by TierShift »

Sorry for double post.
In post 82, goodmorning wrote:
In post 80, TierShift wrote:Someone is buddying me halp
This is possibly the most entertaining post thus far this game.

As to your previous questions, there are very good reasons for me to hang back for now. I did it in N1305 in an attempt to get evidence for my scumread, for instance, but I think I said what I'm going for here best in N1402:
In post 24, Edosurist wrote:@GM, NS, and Scar (in order of importance, least to greatest)
Why didn't you guys try to make content out of your recent posts? Page 1 fluff can lead to page 2 fluff which can lead to long, drawn out games.
Mainly because literally you, me and notsci are the only ones who've posted anything more than "Vote: x; insert silly reason here". I want to see what the newbies have got to say for themselves rather than drop ideas that might be sheeped.
This actually makes sense. I do think it's reasonable to expect you to actively join discussion later on.

I'm not really happy with the activity of the other newbies next to me and d_cobbz, how should we pressure them to join discussion? Vote for them?
D_Cobbz
D_Cobbz
Townie
D_Cobbz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:26 am

Post by D_Cobbz »

I'm not really happy with the activity of the other newbies next to me and d_cobbz, how should we pressure them to join discussion? Vote for them?
Yes, to answer your question we should.

UNVOTE: Vier
VOTE: rothwell
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:38 am

Post by TierShift »

Rothwell, could you just tell us what you think of the game so far? Who looks the most townish and who the most scummy?
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:59 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 86, TierShift wrote:Sorry for double post.
Double posts are fine. Some people like to string out replies rather than put them into one post.
In post 82, goodmorning wrote:I think I said what I'm going for here best in N1402:
This actually makes sense. I do think it's reasonable to expect you to actively join discussion later on.
Absolutely. I anticipate the game being up to speed at some point within the next 3-5 RL days. Hopefully it's sooner, but I doubt it, because...
I'm not happy with it either. Pressure votes have been known to work with varying levels of effectiveness depending on the player. I'm not massively into them though because sometimes the guy you're trying to pressure just isn't there and that takes away votes from places where they're providing information.
Honestly I'm not very good at/have no good concept as to how to start stimulating discussion. I've been got after for it before.

IC stuffA good rule of thumb is that if your slot has less posts than the mod by p3, you really really need to post more. If your slot is one of the three least-posting living players, you should probably post more. If you have a few more posts than everyone else, posting more is advisable.
If your slot has 100+ more posts than everyone else, that's pretty much the only time it's acceptable to back off a bit.

And always be sure you're posting content rather than fluff. If you don't have anything game-relevant to say, find something game-relevant to say.
/rant

And I must say I'm not very happy with dc's activity levels either, seeing as most of his posts are too short to provide much analysable content (see last line of IC box).

His most recent vote is certainly interesting though.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:14 am

Post by TierShift »

Wow that's one bog standard IC post ;)

I don't see how cobbs latest vote is so interesting, i proposed an idea and he supported it. Can you explain?
Rothwell has been on today, he is lurking badly.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:19 am

Post by goodmorning »

After being looked at suspiciously for agreeing with you so much, he comes back and agrees with you again.

It's definitely worth another look later.
Rothwell
Rothwell
Townie
Rothwell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:31 am

Post by Rothwell »

In post 90, TierShift wrote:Rothwell has been on today, he is lurking badly.
I'm not going to post in bed whilst on my old iPod. :P Would take ages.
In post 71, Malakittens wrote:One has already admitted to lurking; which can be taken two ways. He's mafia and scared to post or he's town and is lost.
The 2nd option is better.
In post 88, TierShift wrote:Rothwell, could you just tell us what you think of the game so far? Who looks the most townish and who the most scummy?
Stale and I have no idea. My apologies but I've put little effort into this and haven't looked at any past games to see how the discussion works. Once again I have nothing to input so haven't bothered to post.
In post 89, goodmorning wrote:Pressure votes have been known to work with varying levels of effectiveness depending on the player.
They'll work on me, for now.
emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:09 am

Post by emeraldemon »

OK I was not paying enough attention to this thread and a whole bunch of things happened. I'm going to do some thorough rereading and ISOing, and come back in a few minutes, but in the meantime:

@malakittens: can you explain the huntress read?

@pirate mollie: can you explain the GM read? Your explanation to malakittens made no sense to me.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:36 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 92, Rothwell wrote:
In post 71, Malakittens wrote:One has already admitted to lurking; which can be taken two ways. He's mafia and scared to post or he's town and is lost.
The 2nd option is better.
And could you perhaps do more to show us that you are in fact town and not lurking scum?
In post 88, TierShift wrote:Rothwell, could you just tell us what you think of the game so far? Who looks the most townish and who the most scummy?
Stale and I have no idea. My apologies but I've put little effort into this and haven't looked at any past games to see how the discussion works. Once again I have nothing to input so haven't bothered to post.
I suggest then that you do look into older games, if you have no clue how to play this game and don't do anything to change that, how do you think you will be able to participate?
In post 89, goodmorning wrote:Pressure votes have been known to work with varying levels of effectiveness depending on the player.
They'll work on me, for now.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: rothwell

There you go.

I don't have any solid scumreads atm and I'd rather place my vote where it can do some work. Also, lynch all lurkers!

Rothwell, do you think this attack of mine is justified?
emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:21 pm

Post by emeraldemon »

Ok, I ISO'd everyone, here's what I've got.

Spoiler: D_cobbz
Total posts: 8
posts with more than 1 sentence: 0
Tier got annoyed with dcobbz for buddying/sheeping, dcobbz responds by voting him, then sheeping him some more. Very wierd. Doesn't exactly scream town, but it's hard to believe scum would do something so strange and pointless.
Also, post seems lazy to the point of being antitown. You really have nothing?

Spoiler: TierShift
Total posts: 11. At least tiershift seems to be making an effort to scumhunt, +1 for actually asking questions.

Answering : Anything town can do, scum can theoretically mimic. I still think some things can hint at towniness. Obviously in this particular case she was on the wrong track, but I liked that she started critically examining from post #1, which scum doesn't have a strong motivation to do.

tiershift comes off a bit defensive here. Maybe this is just because I was already leaning (very slightly) town on GM, but it makes Tiershift seem scummier.
"I'm not really happy with the activity of the other newbies next to me and d_cobbz" Really?? d_cobbz is the newbie who's content you're most impressed with? The guy with exactly 2 opinions, both stolen from you? The tiershift/d_cobbz affair just gets wierder and wierder.

Spoiler: Rothwell
Total posts: 2, both after being voted.
With so little content it's hard to say, but if laziness is antitown this guy's a murderer. "My apologies but I've put little effort into this and haven't looked at any past games to see how the discussion works. Once again I have nothing to input so haven't bothered to post."
I almost want to lynch him just for this, regardless of alignment.

Spoiler: Neater Plastic
5 posts.
Votes huntress based on my scumread (I think?), then switches to pirate mollie. Not a lot of content, but a little bit of effort is being made. Null for now.
Thinks malakittens is town (Says seems townish), maybe unvoted huntress on her say. Is this sheeping? Maybe that's fair if mala is his strongest read. Need more content.

Spoiler: pirate mollie
16 posts. I don't really like mollie's post style, her posts are short and confusing, and I don't like the "isn't it obvious I can't believe you don't see it" tone. But I read newbie 1370, and she posted basically the same way in that, and she was town. It's still very hard for me to read her if I can't understand what she's talking about, so this is a very cautious null for now.

Spoiler: Malakittens
21 posts. Need to find a game with her to read up on.
Says huntress is town, hasn't said why. Says she needs time to read GM. It's a little intimidating that these players all know each other, and sometimes they give off a collaborating vibe that almost seems scummy, but it's probably just familiarity. And anyway they can't all 4 be scum.
I like that mala is putting reads out there, but I can't say I have a good read one way or the other yet. The fact the she townreads huntress so strongly off of so little is either very town, or a bold mafia gambit. Hmmm, or maybe it's not true and she's actually just trying to reaction-test huntress? Bleh. I'll wait for more.

Spoiler: Huntress
5 posts.
This reasoning seems fair enough. I'm curious if this is what goodmorning was thinking also, although apparently she isn't telling. Not enough content overall to make any read yet.
It also baffles me that there's anything in here that malakittens sees as supertown.

Spoiler: goodmorning
Spars a bit with mollie, is holding back on the tiershift vote, no analysis / reads yet. I stand by my feeling that post #10 is more likely to come from town than mafia, but that's not a ton to go on. Says that d_cobbz vote on rothwell is "interesting". Is there a reason she's being so vague?

Questions for everyone:
@everyone: what is going on between tiershift and d_cobbz?
@d_cobbz: please provide an opinion about something.
@tiershift: does anyone else seem scummy to you besides goodmorning? Does anyone seem towny?
@goodmorning: Did the recent exchange between tiershift and d_cobbz confirm or refute your hunch in any way?
@Neater Plastic: you seem to think malakittens is town. She seems to think your read on mollie is wrong (#72). What do you think about that? Was moving your vote off huntress partially based on malakittens's read?
@Rothwell: Can you give me a reason not to lynch you?
@Huntress: Why do you think Mala has such a strong townread on you so soon? Does it seem suspicious at all?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:36 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Huntress and I have a history together that goes further than this site. It's more I'm ultra familiar with her play on both sites. So my read is based on gut and also strong meta on her.

emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:37 pm

Post by emeraldemon »

In post 78, TierShift wrote: So far, you have not contributed anything particularly useful and you have taken on a defensive stance, instead of a -townish- offensive one. This all seems very scummy, considering you are the IC.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: goodmorning
In post 94, TierShift wrote:
I don't have any solid scumreads atm and I'd rather place my vote where it can do some work.
Don't get me wrong, I like the Rothwell vote (obviously), but can you help me reconcile these two posts? If goodmorning's behavior seems very scummy, is she not a solid scumread?
emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:39 pm

Post by emeraldemon »

In post 96, Malakittens wrote:Huntress and I have a history together that goes further than this site. It's more I'm ultra familiar with her play on both sites. So my read is based on gut and also strong meta on her.
Does this mean I should just take your word for it? There isn't anything in your read that I would understand?
emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:41 pm

Post by emeraldemon »

If it's a gut read that you can't explain, I can respect that, but I'd rather have something I can see for myself.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”