Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:49 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

In post 73, Yiley wrote:Then jake please show me where because I really dont see much/any reasoning.
post 53
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:50 am

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 66, Yiley wrote:Also ald you are asking him a question and they way it is worded sounds like you are suspicious of him. So I may just be reading that the wrong way but that is what I'm seeing. There are people who have contributed less than jake and producing less content and such, like sonofzeus. If you want to vote someone up who hasn't posted much why not him?
Shrug. I have a weak townread on The-Duck.

Also, it's about content-to-post ratio. I wouldn't expect much content from people who haven't posted much at this stage of the game.

@Hopkirk: Why are you answering for me?
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:51 am

Post by emogirl123 »

In post 60, Hopkirk wrote:The question I’m asking is that if nobody did rvs or anything like it then how would you start the game? (@Emo)
I don't know how to answer this question because I don't know what is being asked. The game moved out of RVS hasn't it? I would start
this
game by moving it out of RVS because of a few people's posts. It's trivial to put a label on
how we would start the game
in general.
In post 70, Hopkirk wrote:@Emo: So could you answer my q so i can vote someone else?
I just got to the thread a few moments ago since the server went down.
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:51 am

Post by greygnarl »

try- make an attempt or effort to do something
succeed- achieve the desired aim or result
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:52 am

Ald not sure if you ever played with me but my post to content is never in line. I'm
Gonna post 300+ posts this game and less then half will contain useful info

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:53 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 65, Hopkirk wrote: 45=The thing here is that emo did wait as opposed to actually helping start things. The questions were something they wanted to hear while my question i wanted to hear/still want a little more on.
i don't understand. how is asking questions that you want to hear the answers to not helping to start things? do you think random voting is the only possible way to get a game started?
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:55 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Trying to position self as leader =/= having 4 votes on me with nobody else agreeing with my current vote (including me since it's there for info)

@Ald: You’d already answered it- bringing attention to that fact isn’t the same as stealing the q.

“damn I was right about you? awesome. more votes on hop please. Attacking a person for not RVS'ing is like scumtell numero uno”
So why is that scummy at all? I’ve already asked for emos alternative so what is yours.
If you accept rvs stage is where the d1 lynch usually comes from (generally from those rving or responding poorly) then it’s logical to assume avoiding rvs is an attempt to avoid getting any pressure thus scummy as you want to not be pressured and stall the game.

The question emo asked are based on rvs. Saying this shouldn't take place (rvs) is totally attempting to remove any chance of getting pressured if other people use qs as if you don't rvs then people can't get any reads until later.
Yiley
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:55 am

Post by Yiley »

damn I was right about you? awesome. more votes on hop please. Attacking a person for not RVS'ing is like scumtell numero uno
Very strong case jake.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:59 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Where am i trying to lead village then?

On the emo/ more clearly.
-Rvs is where people vote at random /true
-Anyone then uses what is said here to make cases/reads based on what is said /true
-Refusing to ever do so is thus an attempt to not have anyone analyzing you /logical conclusion
-Asking question on the other hand puts you in a position where you are less likely to be read as scum. /logical conclusion
First people to talk in the thread are obvscum according to their logic.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:00 am

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 79, Jake from State Farm wrote:Ald not sure if you ever played with me but my post to content is never in line. I'm
1. Nope.
2. Why?
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:10 am

Post by greygnarl »

It's just a feel I get. You're already being extremely forceful in the RVS, your play resembles that of someone who likes to play by polarizing the game around them, me dislike.
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:10 am

Post by greygnarl »

Also Jake does the same thing, he just has no wagon.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:11 am

In post 82, Yiley wrote:
damn I was right about you? awesome. more votes on hop please. Attacking a person for not RVS'ing is like scumtell numero uno
Very strong case jake.
sometimes you don't need a case, sometimes you just need a gut feeling or you need to see someone do something and you think to yourself "Damn, there is no way a townie would say or do something like that"

his reaction to my joke was bad
him attacking a person who didn't want to rvs is bad

he deserves pressure which is what I am doing by voting him and by telling others to vote him.

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:12 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 81, Hopkirk wrote: The question emo asked are based on rvs. Saying this shouldn't take place (rvs) is totally attempting to remove any chance of getting pressured if other people use qs as if you don't rvs then people can't get any reads until later.
emogirl came in after a page of random voting had already occurred, said "rah rah i'm far too sophisticated for random voting, plebs" and you think this was an attempt to retroactively erase the existence of the random voting that had
already occurred
and thus prevent the town from being able to find scum because all scumhunting must necessarily stem from random voting?
that's
your argument?

it's original, i'll give you that.

could you explain why, in Newbie 1411, you didn't make a random vote, if random voting is the only possible way to start scumhunting? could you explain why you didn't vote for Nobody Special in that game when he pointedly refused to make a random vote in much the same way as emogirl did here?
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:13 am

In post 84, Alduskkel wrote:
In post 79, Jake from State Farm wrote:Ald not sure if you ever played with me but my post to content is never in line. I'm
1. Nope.
2. Why?
cause I just do. Usually it's because my job allows me to work and play at the same time and I make sure to stay active in my games while others half ass their way through it.

greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:17 am

Post by greygnarl »

How is spamming bullshit not half-assing?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:20 am

Post by Hopkirk »

You're already being extremely forceful in the RVS: My rvs was about soviet russia/not there anymore-it's good to get out quick.
polarizing the game around them: Hm i have 4 people voting me and I'm talking about myself...i wonder why? I'm also asking questions, as I want...answers to them.

@86: Then why would you vote someone already being pressured if there's opportunity to do the same to someone who isn't?

@Jake: “his reaction to my joke was bad
him attacking a person who didn't want to rvs is bad”
Saying who’s there in response to knock knock is bad? Take a good long+hard look at yourself man.
Attacking non-rvs person: I’ve explained this in 81/83

@I am a user name: Firstly 1411: Rqs also generates stuff. Obviously there are other ways to scum hunt but saying “two posts don’t sound the same as the rest/why” aren’t the best things to get stuff moving.

“emogirl came in after a page of random voting had already occurred, said "rah rah I'm far too sophisticated for random voting, plebs" and you think this was an attempt to retroactively erase the existence of the random voting that had already occurred and thus prevent the town from being able to find scum because all scum hunting must necessarily stem from random voting? that's your argument?”

No I’m saying she did it so that people wouldn’t pressure her. Random voting is where the scum reads start. Not taking part in anything means you are actively trying to avoid getting read as scum.

She effectively says: Tell me when you have scum reads -so she can wagon them probably and SO THEY AREN’T HER.

@Jake: Why is posting fluff for half your posts good? It makes isos harder/makes it harder to analyse you/helps you hide info from us.

tl/dr=avoiding rvs is an attempt to avoid being read as scum.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:21 am

In post 85, greygnarl wrote:
It's just a feel I get. You're already being extremely forceful in the RVS, your play resembles that of someone who likes to play by polarizing the game around them, me dislike.
being forcefull is more of a playstyle thing and not so much an alignment thing plus I don't really agree that HK is doing that, if anyone is doing that it's me and if you honestly felt it scummy your vote would be on me.

p.edit - I don't spam bullshit, I just multi-post a lot and most of my posts have something to do with the game. I just have this uncontrollable urge to respond to things I could probably just ignore.

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:23 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Ah yes @Forceful: Yeah Stalin was a pretty nasty fellow. Post rvs i have my vote on someone and I'm barely pressuring them as it's only there while i get my question answered (and i don't take it off until i do as a matter of principle/unless i get a major scum read on someone)
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:24 am

In post 91, Hopkirk wrote:@Jake: “his reaction to my joke was bad
him attacking a person who didn't want to rvs is bad”
Saying who’s there in response to knock knock is bad? Take a good long+hard look at yourself man.
Attacking non-rvs person: I’ve explained this in 81/83
not the "who's there" it was your reaction after I voted you, slandaar explained it better. Instead of ignoring my vote which was just an elaborate way for me to rvs someone, you try to immediately do damage control. you looked nervous and nervous to me = scum
In post 91, Hopkirk wrote:@Jake: Why is posting fluff for half your posts good? It makes isos harder/makes it harder to analyse you/helps you hide info from us.
it's not ALL fluff, imo most of my posts are relevant, unfortunately not everyone else agrees with me.

greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:25 am

Post by greygnarl »

In post 92, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 85, greygnarl wrote:
being forcefull is more of a playstyle thing and not so much an alignment thing plus I don't really agree that HK is doing that, if anyone is doing that it's me and if you honestly felt it scummy your vote would be on me.

p.edit - I don't spam bullshit, I just multi-post a lot and most of my posts have something to do with the game. I just have this uncontrollable urge to respond to things I could probably just ignore.
@jake Both fair points, I just hate that style and love early wagons.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:30 am

Post by Hopkirk »

You mean the bit where I prove it’s a fallacy/random then go on to ignore it? Yes that’s me ignoring it in a (humorously) wordy way.

You also said ½ would be fluff- this means the point that it helps you hide is still relevant.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:42 am

try not to take things so literally

greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:43 am

Post by greygnarl »

Interpreting everything literally is basically just an excuse to misrep people.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:45 am

Post by Hopkirk »

@97: Says the person who is voting me for what he has said is pretty much that he's taking my jokes literally/87.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”