Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:07 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Vote Count

xyzzy 3 (Khelvaster, Honary Hitchhiker, vendagoat)
Khelvaster 1 (mneme)
vendagoat 1 (YogurtBandit)
YogurtBandit 1 (xyzzy)

Not Voting: J-Man

7 alive = 4 to lynch.

I'm replacing Honary Hitchhiker. The rest of you can feel free to keep posting.
Last edited by Erg0 on Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:22 pm

Post by J-man »

fine for gods sake this game is going nowhere so im going to do something that is slighty unusual,

I am one of the two Cops
, last night i was unable to investagate mabye because there are tow of us? there now the scum better pipe up or i will actually agree with killing Lurkers.
Vendagoat
Vendagoat
Goon
Vendagoat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by Vendagoat »

J-man wrote:fine for gods sake this game is going nowhere so im going to do something that is slighty unusual,

I am one of the two Cops
, last night i was unable to investagate mabye because there are tow of us? there now the scum better pipe up or i will actually agree with killing Lurkers.
Uh it was a day start, so you never got a chance to investigate.
Does anyone else find this odd?
Fos:J
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:25 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

J-man wrote:fine for gods sake this game is going nowhere so im going to do something that is slighty unusual,

I am one of the two Cops
Xyzzy seemed scummy, but had nothing definite. J-man is confirmed scum. In case you didn"t notice, WE HAD NO NIGHT 0. Now, I understand that uncounterclaimed d1 cop claims shouldn't be lynch-worthy, but I think an exception needs to be made here. There is no possible reason a real cop would have claimed cop on d1 under no pressure, then said he couldn't have done an investigation.
unvote, vote: Jman
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:39 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Sefer replaces Honary Hitchhiker

Thanks for the quick response, Sefer. :)
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:54 pm

Post by Sefer »

Hey, all.
Unvote
, because I have an idea to discuss and I'd like to make sure it's given consideration before we end the day.
The cop claim is odd and unprovoked, but I've seen newbies do that as cops before. Here, I think we can use it; I think we should have everyone claim either "cop" or "not-cop." This will out our two cops to the scum, but it also means that we'll either have two confirmed cops (that scum can't really attack until the doctor's dead without risking wasting a chance at a kill) or we'll have forced one or both scum into a claim and narrowed which players can possibly be scum. Either of these seem like a good outcome to me.
No one else should claim until we have some kind of consensus on this, and I'm happy to claim first if we reach that consensus since it was my idea. Thoughts?
[url=http://www.greylabyrinth.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?p=419266]Sign up for theHeroes Mafia Mega at Grey Labyrinth[/url]
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:46 pm

Post by J-man »

i don't know how else to say this but no dont follow Sefer's idea that is stupid absolutly retarded that we should all claim either cop or not cop.

ok there are 2 reasons that i claimed cop
1. because this game was not moving anywhere it needed a jump start that was enough provoking for me.
2. since there are 2 cops we could effectively sweep the whole populace for mafia in several short nights Lynch's aside, this is assuming that both cops are sane ;P but if we corrodinate our moves we can find out whether or not we are aswell, i hope you guys see my point.

the mistake was mine about the no night investagation, i sent in my night choice before i comfirmed and i got a msg back that i couldn't investigate i forgot that there was no night pure newbie error.

the desicion to claim was kinda a act before i thought and IF i was mafia i would have definatly moved alot slower and thought about it for a while, although a mafia trade for the cops wouldn't neccisarlly be a bad move i would have done it much more smoothly tbh, and secondly i ask that we DON'T kill me today
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:54 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

Not liking this "If I were Mafia" Stuff.
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:14 pm

Post by J-man »

why not? to thoughtful for you? don't see why i wouldn't say what i would have done if i were mafia since its clearly much different...
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:16 pm

Post by J-man »

i know everything i say from now is WIFOM but atleast try to look at it from the POV that i AM what i claim.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:57 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

More Wifom about Wifom...
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Vendagoat
Vendagoat
Goon
Vendagoat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:13 pm

Post by Vendagoat »

well ok, thats enough for me.
Unvote; Vote:j-man

Common sense tells me that a cop would never just out his position for no reason.
This is crazier than Xyz
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:31 pm

Post by J-man »

i gave you 2 reason For heavens sake.... arggg oh well.
Vendagoat
Vendagoat
Goon
Vendagoat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:03 pm

Post by Vendagoat »

J-man wrote: ok there are 2 reasons that i claimed cop
1. because this game was not moving anywhere it needed a jump start that was enough provoking for me.
2. since there are 2 cops we could effectively sweep the whole populace for mafia in several short nights Lynch's aside, this is assuming that both cops are sane ;P but if we corrodinate our moves we can find out whether or not we are aswell, i hope you guys see my point.
1. So jumping out in front of the train and yelling stop is the best idea?
2. Yes and we could use BOTH cops, not just have one throw his life away needlessly! Which is why no self respecting cop would ever just out himself for no reason.
I can see and understand your point, but try and see it from ours. The game is lagging, a few players are attempting to get things rolling and BAM here you come out of left field. For no reason you stand up and scream "hey guys look at me!" well, we are. You got yourself into this situation, now convince us as why to believe you. especially after the mighty big hole you've just dug.
Vendagoat
Vendagoat
Goon
Vendagoat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:05 pm

Post by Vendagoat »

J-man wrote:i gave you 2 reason For heavens sake.... arggg oh well.
(outside of game tip)
Giving up is almost an automatic lynch. I've read it dozens of times and had it done to me once as well.
(ok back to game)
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:07 pm

Post by J-man »

idk im fukn speechless probably be a good move to kill me now idk what else to say cept that the only way to confirm me is to out the other cop, of wich i really don't want to do.

so just kill me and put me out of my newbie error.
Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:17 pm

Post by Sefer »

J-man wrote:i don't know how else to say this but no dont follow Sefer's idea that is stupid absolutly retarded that we should all claim either cop or not cop.
This is certainly a compelling argument! :roll:
I'm trying to fix your mistake in outing yourself. We either end up with two confirmed cops that scum would be risking a lot to attack (due to doc protection) or we force the scum to claim as cops themselves, reducing the number of players we need to focus on. In that you already outed yourself, this seems the best way to actually have town gain something from your move. It's certainly better than killing you to "put [you] out of [your] newbie error" if you're actually a cop.
[url=http://www.greylabyrinth.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?p=419266]Sign up for theHeroes Mafia Mega at Grey Labyrinth[/url]
Vendagoat
Vendagoat
Goon
Vendagoat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:49 pm

Post by Vendagoat »

Sefer as for your idea, I don't like it either as one of the cops might not feel like claiming. If thats the case it will have served nothing. Even if they both do claim, people are still apt to suspect them based on all the normal variety of claims, so at the end of the day, we are pretty much at square one. Your idea is perfect for an end game scenario, because when you can eliminate variables this game becomes a simple logic puzzle. Even with that I have read and almost been in a game, where someone spit in the eye of logic and just voted whatever and it cost them the game. So Sefar I say let's hold off on the claim thing until we can eliminate a few variables. I hate saying this, I really do, we have to go on hunches and feelings. I hate that, so much.

I myself am not exactly happy with how mafia is basically just talk and hope and am trying to work on something as well to make it a bit easier, especially on new players.
Vendagoat
Vendagoat
Goon
Vendagoat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:54 pm

Post by Vendagoat »

(outside of game talk)
Personally I'd like to see a pre game thread for players, so people will know beforehand that the people you are playing with are not megalomaniacs. Some times I wonder though. This way newbies can bs with players, ask questions and maybe get some advice. Another thing that wouldn't be bad is a mentor like person so that if questions need to be asked mid game, you don't always have to rely on the mod. I got a question right now and I know I can't ask erg0 about it. Now if these things are already here, I missed them completely and that is purely my fault.
(end outside talk)
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:30 am

Post by mneme »

(oog, mostly) The place for talk with other scummers out of game is in the various non-game threads. The problem is...once you get roles and are in a game situation, everything you do is effectively part of the game.

(/oog)

I consider J-Man's story entirely plausible for a fresh-off-the-boat newbie error -- much more likley than the idea of claiming cop first thing as scum. Is it a mistake? Sure, though a single cop coming out in a two-cop game with a gaurunteed doc is actually more sensible than you might think.

I don't think the other cop should claim -- nor do I want to know who J-man intends to investigate tonight.

I do not want to lynch J-man today -- the odds of him actually being a cop are just too high.
Did I say too much?
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:31 am

Post by mneme »

I'm most interested in our two "he's a cop! (maybe). Lynch him!" players.

My vote on kelvaster's looking better all the time.
Did I say too much?
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:04 am

Post by J-man »

[quote='mneme']I don't think the other cop should claim -- nor do I want to know who J-man intends to investigate tonight. [/quote]

i agree with the first part, i have made that clear, but why wouldn't you want to know who i was going to investagate?

it could be a really powerful weapon we could find out sanity and/or do a conclusive sweep on the town.
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:10 am

Post by J-man »

mneme wrote:I don't think the other cop should claim -- nor do I want to know who J-man intends to investigate tonight.

i agree with the first part, i have made that clear, but why wouldn't you want to know who i was going to investagate?

it could be a really powerful weapon we could find out sanity and/or do a conclusive sweep on the town.

EBWOP

PS- the reason i say we should do a sanity test is because if we are both sane, the town can easily destroy the mafia in a couple nights. with well placed investagations reducing the # of double investagations to a minimum.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:31 am

Post by mneme »

J-man: because it gives the mafia a good kill choice that isn't a known cop. Moreover, if you are scum, it gives you a good excuse for why you don't have to report results.

I'd rather have them shooting in the dark, really.
Did I say too much?
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:32 am

Post by mneme »

Also, this is an open setup. There are no sanity questions.
Did I say too much?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”