Newbie 1666 - THE ZAR SHOW S01E04 - D3 - OVER!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:19 pm

Post by Workdawg »

In post 71, ZombieZApoco wrote:For all of your information, I am still here, I just don't have much to contribute to the disscusion and I would prefer not to get in an argument/people get think I am scum.
It always seem to me that most of the time, those two people who fight the entire time are both town, and the mafia are just letting them kill themselves.

Workdawg seems town to me, but that is my humble and probably not very relevant opinion.
yea.

Just a quick question, do you guys plan on lynching today or are we going to no lynch?
i don't really mind.

thats all from me...

...for now

Town wants to lynch like 90% of the time. There is such a condition where if the town mislynches, they lose, but that is fairly rare.

Also, "not wanting to seem like scum" is not something you should be concerned with. If you are truly town, your actions will show that.
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:09 pm

Post by hi im Yakko »

Hmmmmm if peoples rvs votes have turned serious they should say so.

I find it weird that drixx didn't vote for me. That might just be a playstyle thing. He did say he was a logical player or whatever I'm not entirely sure what that means tbh. I would have voted me for pressure and to see how I responded it was like a perfect opportunity to attempt to sort me out or actually sort me out. Although jumping on my wagon might have some serious health risks considering that either 1.) I will be dismissed as a bad player or more commonly 2.) there will be an assumption that scum was on my wagon. Drixx did say he was holidaying it up.

@zombie why aren't you voting anyone?

@archon I do think it was a good enough reason to vote you. And as I have yet to decide if someone is scummier I am keeping it there.

@njac hi friend how are you?
When the opposition are here you tell them nothing except where the toilets are, but you lie about that right. Fuckity bye
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:53 am

Post by Zar »

Day 1, Votecount 3
hi im Yakko (3): Workdawg, NJAC, Jake from State Farm

Always Innocent (2): DoTArchon, Ircher
DoTArchon (2): Drixx, hi im Yakko
Ircher (1): Always Innocent

Not Voting (1): ZombieZApoco

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch or to no lynch.

Deadline
: Monday December 14, 2015 10:30 PM  New York Time. (GMT-5)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2015-12-14 22:30:00)
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:31 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

In post 76, hi im Yakko wrote:Hmmmmm if peoples rvs votes have turned serious they should say so.

Workdawg already said his was serious, and mine wasn't Rvs which should have been obvious given I already Rvs'd and asked another player their thoughts on you. Why act like you didn't know this? Your reading comprehension can't be that bad
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:33 am

In post 76, hi im Yakko wrote:@archon I do think it was a good enough reason to vote you. And as I have yet to decide if someone is scummier I am keeping it there.

Why? That's a terrible reason to vote somebody

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:59 am

Post by hi im Yakko »

In post 78, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 76, hi im Yakko wrote:Hmmmmm if peoples rvs votes have turned serious they should say so.

Workdawg already said his was serious, and mine wasn't Rvs which should have been obvious given I already Rvs'd and asked another player their thoughts on you. Why act like you didn't know this? Your reading comprehension can't be that bad

Surely you see three people on my wagon and not just two smh.
When the opposition are here you tell them nothing except where the toilets are, but you lie about that right. Fuckity bye
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:02 am

Post by hi im Yakko »

In post 79, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 76, hi im Yakko wrote:@archon I do think it was a good enough reason to vote you. And as I have yet to decide if someone is scummier I am keeping it there.

Why? That's a terrible reason to vote somebody

Jaja. What is a terrible reason to vote someone?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:03 am

And 2 were serious. So if you were speaking to the 3rd person why not ask him directly?

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:04 am

The reason you gave for voting is a terrible reason for voting

hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:21 am

Post by hi im Yakko »

In post 83, Jake from State Farm wrote:The reason you gave for voting is a terrible reason for voting

Which reason are you talking about?
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:23 am

Post by hi im Yakko »

In post 82, Jake from State Farm wrote:And 2 were serious. So if you were speaking to the 3rd person why not ask him directly?

Because I don't want to ask him directly. He is lurking. I wanna see what he does.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:35 am

Your attempt to play dumb isn't making me change my read on you. The reason you originally gave, the one you reference to in post 76, the one you have in post 37.

Also I don't believe for one second you were talking to just one person in that post that I quoted in post 78, so try again. Why did you make a vague statement when you were only trying to talk to one person?

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:37 am

Yeah that last post came out wrong, why did you make a vague statement when you knew majority of the people voting you had serious votes?

DoTArchon
DoTArchon
Goon
DoTArchon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:50 am

Post by DoTArchon »

In post 76, hi im Yakko wrote:I find it weird that drixx didn't vote for me.
I can't answer for Drixx, but I assume he didn't vote for you because that would put you at L-1.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:52 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 75, Workdawg wrote:Town wants to lynch like 90% of the time. There is such a condition where if the town mislynches, they lose, but that is fairly rare.

Also, "not wanting to seem like scum" is not something you should be concerned with. If you are truly town, your actions will show that.
I am quite skeptical about reads on the first day, but I agree that it seems a bit strange to say that.
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
DoTArchon
DoTArchon
Goon
DoTArchon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:55 am

Post by DoTArchon »

In post 53, DoTArchon wrote:If wanting to get the game started was a scumtell then RVS would never end .

So do you think wanting to end RVS is a scumtell? Town are working with no information. Asking questions is how we go about finding scum...
DoTArchon
DoTArchon
Goon
DoTArchon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:10 am

Post by DoTArchon »

In post 70, Drixx wrote:if that's a HiPS play
What does Hips stand for?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:27 am

In post 91, DoTArchon wrote:

Just googled it. It's something he coined I guess. Hiding in plain sight

hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:34 am

Post by hi im Yakko »

In post 86, Jake from State Farm wrote:Your attempt to play dumb isn't making me change my read on you. The reason you originally gave, the one you reference to in post 76, the one you have in post 37.

Okay whats your point? I am saying it is valid you are saying it is dumb.

Also I don't believe for one second you were talking to just one person in that post that I quoted in post 78, so try again. Why did you make a vague statement when you were only trying to talk to one person?
[/quote]

Hmmmmmm. If I directly ask njac it would get me my answer faster, but it wouldn't tell me anything about where he is in the game. Is he innattentive? Is he just lurking? Is he active lurking?

Jake you said my reading comprehension was bad. Yet you failed to realize how many people were on my wagon. I say you either don't care about how many (usually town) or are being oppurtunistic for town cred in jumping on an easy wagon. The thread is saying I am not well liked so it makes sense that I am scum in average human good guy bad guy archetype. I am admittedly playing odd. As scum it makes sense to try and lead a wagon on me.

@jake who is a town read for you?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:39 am

In post 93, hi im Yakko wrote:Okay whats your point? I am saying it is valid you are saying it is dumb.

My point is, if you are town, you may want to step up your game and actually act like it. Right now you look like scum.

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:43 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 88, DoTArchon wrote:
In post 76, hi im Yakko wrote:I find it weird that drixx didn't vote for me.
I can't answer for Drixx, but I assume he didn't vote for you because that would put you at L-1.

I appreciate that you realized the reason I didn't vote for Yakko. He has pressure on him already so there's no need for me to vote him and risk an accidental hammer (or an intentional hammer that scum dress up to make seem accidental if Yakko is town).
Generally; however, it is considered poor form to answer for another player.
In this particular case the reason should have been obvious and I was still trying to figure out why Yakko even asked,
but a lot of times if you answer for another player you may be directly interfering with someone else's ongoing gambit or attempt to get a read on someone

Please note, the lack of IC color for part of the statement above doesn't have anything to do with whether or not I'm being honest about the part that I didn't put in IC color. That is an aside where I'm explaining my play and is not at all related to the point of etiquette I was addressing, so it doesn't warrant IC coloration. Please recall from my introduction that anything I put in this color you may rely upon to be me being completely honest, as I understand things (there are some disagreements in various areas of mafia theory where it's not quite possible to be objectively "honest", per se).

Hiding in Plain Sight. It's something I have been using for years but it never really catches on. It's basically a description for when scum play exceptionally bold and try to supplant the town leader position in the game. Scum who can successfully run the game are generally very skilled and are essentially "Hiding in Plain Sight".

In post 92, Jake from State Farm wrote:

Just googled it. It's something he coined I guess. Hiding in plain sight

Good catch.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:44 am

I didn't fail to realize how many were on your wagon, I knew exactly how many was on your wagon. Read post 78 again and it's obvious I knew how many were voting for you. You pretending to not be able to have decent reading abilities is getting old already. The fact you can sit there and say I didn't realize how many were voting you when my post came right after a VC is so laughably wrong.

I don't have any town reads arm, just a single scum read but it's early.

hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:07 am

Post by hi im Yakko »

In post 96, Jake from State Farm wrote:I didn't fail to realize how many were on your wagon, I knew exactly how many was on your wagon. Read post 78 again and it's obvious I knew how many were voting for you. You pretending to not be able to have decent reading abilities is getting old already. The fact you can sit there and say I didn't realize how many were voting you when my post came right after a VC is so laughably wrong.

I don't have any town reads arm, just a single scum read but it's early.

Are you a wizard? It seems like you want to appear to know everything. I am gonna go on that assumption then.

If you knew who was voting me and for what reasons then clearly my vague statement couldn't be vague at all regarding who has rvs votes on me. To you it should seem to be clearly directed at one person njac. So your statement of reading comprehension should not exist and you should have been more direct going straight for the money shot of why I was being vague about it. Why did you want to make me look bad? I do not see the town motivation behind post 78 as you have already stated that 1.) you were keenly aware of who was voting me 2.) knew the reasons but left out someone who was voting me njac. And you do this sort of post again.

Hmmmmmmmmm nvm. I'm gonna think about this.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:28 am

Again your attempts to play dumb fail again. I knew who was voting you and why. I think you also knew who was voting you and why. I also think you knew 2 of those votes weren't RVS, so when I asked you
In post 78, Jake from State Farm wrote:Why act like you didn't know this?

Thats me trying to find out why you are playing dumb on purpose. You still haven't answered the question and you keep dodging it. It's not for the reason you originally said which was
In post 85, hi im Yakko wrote:Because I don't want to ask him directly. He is lurking. I wanna see what he does.

Which is obviously bullshit.

So let's try this again shall we? Why did you pretend you didn't know that you had 2 serious votes on you?

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:28 am

And yes, I'm a motherfucking wizard

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”