Micro 899: Correspondence Mafia | game over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Correspondence
Correspondence
Townie
Correspondence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:41 am

Post by Correspondence »

Dear beleaguered players,

It may surprise some of you not at all to hear that we have decided to terminate this experiment. We have reviewed the astrological charts, consulted with the ListMod, made the appropriate sacrifices, and divined the proper course. With six replacements out of nine apparently needed, we do not see a reasonable way forward. This model of game is hereby assessed a moderate failure; in particular the system of delayed delivery seems to have inhibited good flow of ideas, and the assignment of roles without player input has been deemed problematic, as it discouraged player ownership. We will be going back to the drawing board to examine the data, and will re-queue with a modified design for future enjoyment. We thank you for your participation in this experiment, and we will open the thread for normal discussion.

As always, our best regards,

Bram Stoker, Esq.
Jules Verne, Esq.
Saladman27
Saladman27
Green Light
Saladman27
Green Light
Green Light

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:49 am

Post by Saladman27 »

Aw, this was a great theme game, it’s just I’m bad a writing in general :P
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:51 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I thought the idea was cool but I'm not sure how you're supposed to generate reads in this environment. It needed something more than voting for lunch to generate reads off of.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:52 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

If you're interested in my advice on how to fix this setup, feel free to message me.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:07 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

It was a bit difficult to take the time to write big letters everytime, and motivation especially died off when most others stopped playing the game. Too bad, this seemed like it would have had potential if the setup was a bit tweaked or people were more motivated. (Me too maybe, i guess the writing style of "old time epics." was a bit time consuming for me)
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:16 pm

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

Man, I was really into my role. The fact that my letter passed through meant that you could inject game commentary into your letter as long as it was in character. E.g. I tried to comment about me being more concerned when Vork drove discussion rather than lurked based on experience, and I think that came through.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:34 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

:dead:
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:17 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 75, Correspondence wrote:
Dear beleaguered players,

It may surprise some of you not at all to hear that we have decided to terminate this experiment. We have reviewed the astrological charts, consulted with the ListMod, made the appropriate sacrifices, and divined the proper course. With six replacements out of nine apparently needed, we do not see a reasonable way forward. This model of game is hereby assessed a moderate failure; in particular the system of delayed delivery seems to have inhibited good flow of ideas, and the assignment of roles without player input has been deemed problematic, as it discouraged player ownership. We will be going back to the drawing board to examine the data, and will re-queue with a modified design for future enjoyment. We thank you for your participation in this experiment, and we will open the thread for normal discussion.

As always, our best regards,

Bram Stoker, Esq.
Jules Verne, Esq.
Truly tragic. :( I enjoyed reading the posts.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:31 am

Post by popsofctown »

T_T
Was the goal of the delayed delivery mechanic to make sure the post restriction was fairly followed? Or did it have more of a "geriatric ruleset" purpose to it?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:52 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 15, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Dear Sally, I hope life finds you well. Sorry, for the tardy response, I’ve had some pressing family matters to attend to. I have been looking into the Salad spinner situation. Will get back to you on that asap.

All the best,

~Nancy
This is the last letter I sent to the mods.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:53 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 14, Team Looker wrote:Looker (preschool) Academy File #1

Sally: I had hope to receive your correspondence under more favourable circumstances. Upon further investigation, it appears that the child, young Salad, has had an unusually chaotic home life. Apparently, his parents are BDSM swingers and apparently one terribly tragic day, young Salad was locked in their dungeon. He has had had plenty of therapy but nothing seems to have stemmed the nightmares.

Something something about other slots.

In other observations, it has come to my attention that Norwegian boy has been pilfering the other children’s crayons, pastries and other assorted Barney paraphernalia. We have observed him in young Salad’s company, when one of the teacher’s had their back turned. We are still attempting to evaluate if young Norwegian boy has been a willing participant or not. Please keep an eye out on him. We have also gotten word that young Salad attempted to handcuff one of your newest substitute teachers.

I hope to find you under more favourable circumstances, next time we connect.

~Nancy

Obviously don’t send this yet, it’s still a rough draft. I need to come up with stuff on some other slots.
And this was the one I was planning on sending, after some tweaking. :twisted:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:56 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 83, popsofctown wrote:T_T
Was the goal of the delayed delivery mechanic to make sure the post restriction was fairly followed? Or did it have more of a "geriatric ruleset" purpose to it?
I think the thing that made the least sense to me, was the restricted voting, You need to be able to vote whenever you see fit. Also, I don’t see the wisdom of preventing scum from having full daytalk.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:25 pm

Post by Micc »