UK Eastermeet 2022 Invitational (Game over!)

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:25 pm

Post by Klick »

Menno town, Fenchurch town, CES town, Postie probably town? Bella's thoughts in are very close to mine and I'm inclined to townread her for it. But generally I think she'll respond similarly to early pressure as either alignment and a more consistent way of getting a read on her is watching what she does when there are few eyes on her. I don't really want her to be the D1 lim, I think she has plenty of potential to make her alignment clear later.
cpol wrote:I'm pretty happy that the potato play is the right play at the moment, and Bella seems like a fair choice given what's been said so far, so...

VOTE: Bellaphant
VOTE: cpol
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:09 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

I feel like I'm chucking too many people in my town bin, but ^ is good posting.

@klick, how do you feel about myko? He's the other person I'm feeling meh about, but it might be nai.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:42 pm

Post by mykonian »

I don't understand how you people end up with only townreads.

CES might very well be scum knowing the potato debacle (though I could see his POV as a mod there where he knows how it should have been played). I don't think the push on Bella is anything special, she's just tripping a lot of newb tells as the most practiced (?) player in this game. That covers Bella as potential scum as well.

Nexus is opening is hiding behind negativity, and I don't think he actually had to get going. As scum, it'd be the dream to get away with how he started to see where town is going with the start of the game and then just settle in.
In post 57, Nexus wrote:welcome to my pocket, takuma. It's fairly roomy there.
Also this quote, I'd dream to have it not be discussed at all and just slide it into a conversation. Buddying is a big word, and I could see it coming from town. But I'd want to make this post as scum.

In terms of getting away with things, softclaiming is up there for Fenchurch, but by this point this has become meta. I also think the hesitance to call Menno town doesn't feel so great and the same tone is used for the read on CES. I would also flip the read on CES upside down: the use of potatoes seems like a distraction at first and useful after scumhunting, and reaching at the start of the game seems quite helpful in general.
In post 33, Fenchurch wrote:Day 1 quickguess: evil team is Primate and Bella, Cpol cult something.
This screams scum with information that there are multiple teams out there. Yes there was cult at the meet. They weren't actually recruiting though and this whole confusion about whether or not there was recruitment really didn't help with figuring out what was going on with the whodunnit.

I am reading Primates opening as decidedly helpful, but I am surprised by it. There's no knee jerk opposition to it anywhere which is doubly surprising. If you are having too many townreads, at least this was worth investigating.
In post 75, Klick wrote:Menno town, Fenchurch town, CES town, Postie probably town? Bella's thoughts in are very close to mine and I'm inclined to townread her for it. But generally I think she'll respond similarly to early pressure as either alignment and a more consistent way of getting a read on her is watching what she does when there are few eyes on her. I don't really want her to be the D1 lim, I think she has plenty of potential to make her alignment clear later.
cpol wrote:I'm pretty happy that the potato play is the right play at the moment, and Bella seems like a fair choice given what's been said so far, so...

VOTE: Bellaphant
And then there's you. I don't even mind the townreads so much as that you don't have any scumreads. And then... defaulting on cpol already? If someone's playing to their meta it's them.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:03 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 4, ChannelDelibird wrote:Your beloved moderator has been compromised to a permanent end. This seems like the work of a cult, so you're probably looking for multiple killers. Better get on that.
mykonian wrote:This screams scum with information that there are multiple teams out there. Yes there was cult at the meet. They weren't actually recruiting though and this whole confusion about whether or not there was recruitment really didn't help with figuring out what was going on with the whodunnit.
I was going based on the wording in CDB's opening post. Reading back though, I guess it is just saying 'the scum team has multiple people in it (like the whodunnit)'. But I had originally read 'multiple killers' to mean 'this game has multiple evil factions'.

I read Nexus' pocketing comment the same way you read cpol; that's just the kind of thing Nexus says, as town or scum. Although my gut read is more town on Nexus and more scum on cpol.

Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:34 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

@myko

Can you give me the TL:Dr of why potatoes was a debacle? Do you think potato voting is or isn't helpful today?

You say I'm 'tripping a lot of newb tells' for someone so practised, but I'm kind of missing the 'thrust' of this sentence, you seem to go from the push is meh to Bella is meh to Bella could or could not be scum, which...yes, that is the game of mafia ;)

I like your points about nexus but I also think it's not a massive leap to have his as day one town just for tone.

I think the op does imply more than one team, and I feel that might link in with postie's point about potato stealers. I don't think it's anything to suspect fenchurch for.

You do the same reads meander with primate: he's helpful, but maybe it's scummy!

In a game where I'm vibing some gut town reads, the slots that are coming off really 'grey' are you, Cpol, and takuma (although their iso is three words).
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:35 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

VOTE: myko
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:07 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 79, Bellaphant wrote:@myko

Can you give me the TL:Dr of why potatoes was a debacle? Do you think potato voting is or isn't helpful today?
Scum spent most of the game discussion how many potatoes town wanted to use and why this was good/bad. Or that when potatoes were handed out by a role we could extend the game. Werewolves could eat people (and I think that's the same here, it only says town dies) so it's an investigation moreso than an elimination.

The game was finished with a single actual elimination with people having voted on it but this was on Patrick who had already given up their potato. I think the first day we ran out of time again before the deadline having just discussed potatoes and two frustrated townies having given up their potato.

Yes it theoretically gives good information to have more people eliminated early and or catch some scum in there so that you can Elim them next day, but info is worth so much less if you don't actually get the interactions before that. So in this case it start to be ok for you to give up your potato because so many people have commented on you. It'd be pointless to end up with just 3 people giving up their potato today because: "it's the right thing to do" and no actual thought having gone into it so it ends up with the lurkers once again. At least with the consuls we are less likely to forget to Elim today.

You say I'm 'tripping a lot of newb tells' for someone so practised, but I'm kind of missing the 'thrust' of this sentence, you seem to go from the push is meh to Bella is meh to Bella could or could not be scum, which...yes, that is the game of mafia ;)
Emphasis is the wrong way around. I can see a couple of scummy sentences but I'd expect to catch out someone who doesn't play much with those. It shouldn't say as much about someone who's played plenty. It's an easy case to make, but it's hard to be convinced by it even if I'm the one making the case. So yes, it's a 60/40 thing. I'm perfectly pleased with the direction the game took at the start.
You do the same reads meander with primate: he's helpful, but maybe it's scummy!
I don't think he is scum. But I don't think he's playing to his meta either. Surprising things are worth thinking about. You and klick and postie and takuma are sitting around on mainly or only townreads and in some cases even already stating you might have too many. I don't see why you wouldn't look at this, it's the most definite thing that has happened and it's a surprise on top. You and Klick ignore it entirely, Postie at least has a peak.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:10 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 76, Bellaphant wrote:@klick, how do you feel about myko? He's the other person I'm feeling meh about, but it might be nai.
you made it sound like you had a reason.

but it required backup?

I wouldn't mind explanations on either. Because your vote now sounds like PoE.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:46 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I really liked primate's first couple of posts and didn't find them surprising: I think they generated movement. I liked his clarification to me.

I'd like a further comment really on things that aren't me from them.

I do have a reason: the weird 'grey' of your posting. It was further backed up by a post that felt really meandery from you: it seems vaguely negative at most people, without nailing down ant definite reads. Your follow up is a bit better but then this last post feels scummy again: why wouldn't I want to talk to klick, who I can usually read? It's not about back up or poe,

I also wanted to talk to him specifically about your post where I'd asked primate for clarification, you responded with something to imply I shouldn't need it, and then primates post felt useful to me and my understanding of ces's reaction. It's the kind of interjection I /hate/on forum mafia, rather than face to face, and I wanted to sound out whether it was noticeably odd to anyone else.

Also, I've explained when/why I'll give up my potato. The mechanic should be being used way more usefully for pressure elsewhere: my head is already on the block.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:50 am

Post by Primate »

I also don't really get where the townreads are coming from, to be fair. My townreads atm are Menno and Fenchurch. I don't really get where you'd get a read on Nexus from at this point. Cpol I get why but I agree with Myko that it very much feels like a default, and if you find him scummy I think it's worth asking yourself how you think he would play in a forum game.

Myko being scum is legit. VOTE: Myko

PPE:
Bellaphant wrote:I'd like a further comment really on things that aren't me from them.
Now you've said this I'm inclined to be contrary and not make this post. :)
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:55 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 83, Bellaphant wrote:I do have a reason: the weird 'grey' of your posting. It was further backed up by a post that felt really meandery from you: it seems vaguely negative at most people, without nailing down ant definite reads. Your follow up is a bit better but then this last post feels scummy again: why wouldn't I want to talk to klick, who I can usually read? It's not about back up or poe,
Those meandering reads are from the post
after
you ask Klick whether he can support your suspicion on me.

What was the reason before that? It might have been "NAI", but there was something according to you.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:10 am

Post by Primate »

Fair question but I will corroborate that your first two posts were scummy myko.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:22 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I know? Originally you felt 'grey', as do Cpol and take, and then the nai thing is the interjection. Your meander made me feel worse, hence the vote. I just said this, why are you asking me like 'gotcha'?

@primate, I don't understand his approach, forum or not. It doesn't feel like 'forum' is the reason he's being oblique and weirdly shady.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:24 am

Post by Bellaphant »

...I just realised you wwre talking about cpol, not myko. Yes, I would love Cpol to come talk to me.

@cpol, how do you feel about CES?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:26 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 86, Primate wrote:Fair question but I will corroborate that your first two posts were scummy myko.
For one, I'd be happier if you let them say that. P-edit: which they then didn't.

And I disagree about my second post. I think leaving initiative to the other consul is the easy way out. Bella didn't have to make her actions conditional to Mennos choices. Bella didn't have to make their suspicion of me conditional to Klick's agreement either. If I don't press the issue there I don't think she'll be inclined to move about her suspicions either.

Also please stop agreeing with me. It's really unhelpful.
cpol
cpol
Goon
cpol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:33 am

Post by cpol »

In post 88, Bellaphant wrote:...I just realised you wwre talking about cpol, not myko. Yes, I would love Cpol to come talk to me.

@cpol, how do you feel about CES?
Largely indifferent at this point? I agree with potato based play being something we should do.

I'm most comfortable with Primate at the moment. Everyone else is swinging from me having a good feeling to a bad one. But, I mean I have no idea what I'm looking for..!

I'd like to see more from the people who haven't posted much yet - or move towards the threat of de-potatoing them if there isn't engagement soon.
cpol
cpol
Goon
cpol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:36 am

Post by cpol »

By that I mean from Nexus, Takuma and Wenna, to confirm.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:47 am

Post by Primate »

Cpol who should I eliminate next, if you had to pick.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:48 am

Post by Primate »

Same question to Klick, but in that case assuming Cpol is off the table.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:58 am

Post by Primate »

Also, for people who want to do Meta, I was consul D1 in the original consulmaker game in 2007.

In that I was scum and did NOT immediately execute someone in my first post, so I'm obviously town in this game. Pretty ironclad imho.
cpol
cpol
Goon
cpol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:01 am

Post by cpol »

As much as it pains me to say so, Takuma. Reading the game, but not offering up anything to get a read off.

I give Wenna the benefit of the doubt due to possibly being busy, or not even knowing the game has started.
Don't know what to make of Nexus at all yet.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:17 am

Post by McMenno »

don't like how many townreads there are on me! must be scum in there trying to avoid execution.

I trust my fellow consul. not huge on that first klick post. Wenna needs to post soon, has she been prodded yet?
In post 77, mykonian wrote:This screams scum with information that there are multiple teams out there. Yes there was cult at the meet. They weren't actually recruiting though and this whole confusion about whether or not there was recruitment really didn't help with figuring out what was going on with the whodunnit.
I actually read that as more townslippy than scum-but-with-multiball-aligned

I'm leaning towards exonerating Bella, but not yet.
mafiascum is on life support
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:28 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 96, McMenno wrote:don't like how many townreads there are on me! must be scum in there trying to avoid execution.
time to wield that power :twisted:
I'm leaning towards exonerating Bella, but not yet.
This seems premature. The wagons on me and cpol are pretty shit. Unless you have a call out of the blue, I think we are happy just keeping the option open of going for Bella. There is no rule that we cannot go for our first thought at the end of the day.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:43 am

Post by Nexus »

Leave my potato alone you absolute fiend.
Trans rights are human rights.
cpol
cpol
Goon
cpol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:48 am

Post by cpol »

On the basis that it doesn't sound like Bella interacts with the board I would still like to proceed with the potato voting before exonerating. Gotta keep the nomination open to do that.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”