Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:57 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 73, Black wrote:
In post 71, Aureal wrote:
In post 60, Doctor Drew wrote:
I can't argue that

Question for Black(and Aureal as well)

What would be the scum motivation from Psyche to post as he has?
Well I was wondering if he's trying to make something out of the way I mentioned StD in my opening post. The mention of 'alliances' makes me think that way, dunno what it means otherwise. If StD is town then playing up a connection there could be beneficial to scum, and they'd want to focus on Dragons first. Could just as well be town trying to make something of the comment. Mostly I'm just struggling to find a train of thought because Psyche seems all over the place. I can't tell how serious to take anything because stuff that seems possibly like an honest thought promptly gets undermined with tongue-in-cheek commentary.
I vibe with this train of thought
It is weird, this gives me Alianna town vibes
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:58 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

Lol, what an ironic pagetop, guess it isn't so weird that Alianna was on my mind.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:19 am

Post by Black »

Alianna is always on my mind
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
ORAM
ORAM
She/Her
Townie
ORAM
She/Her
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:25 am

Post by ORAM »

VC 1.02

Aureal (1):
Doctor Drew
Black (0):

Doctor Drew (2):
Psyche, Black
MargotRosa (1):
Aureal
Psyche (0):

Save The Dragons (0):

Zebedee (0):

Not Voting (3):
Zebedee, MargotRosa, Save The Dragons

With 7 alive it takes 4 votes to secure an elimination.
There are (expired on 2024-01-14 20:06:04) left in the deadline.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:50 am

Post by Psyche »

this is great. i have a town read, a scum read, and a nemesis all by page 4.
You can't step in the same river twice.
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:06 am

Post by MargotRosa »

In post 41, Aureal wrote: Really? Psyche is kinda throwing me for a loop here with the odd positioning on StD and sarcasm to deflect from it.
In general my usual early scum lean tell goes to people who don't progress the game, or stagnate in RVS too long, and vice versa. Just an early indicator, nothing hard
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:10 am

Post by MargotRosa »

The fact that some of the reads are wild and borderline nonsensical to me actually makes the town read a little stronger, as I think scum are more likely than town to appear to be putting in effort early rather than just pushing to make something happen from which to generate reads
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:13 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 81, MargotRosa wrote: The fact that some of the reads are wild and borderline nonsensical to me actually makes the town read a little stronger, as I think scum are more likely than town to appear to be putting in effort early rather than just pushing to make something happen from which to generate reads
This is kinda of a long the same lines I was thinking, yet I would say it is more NAI than anything
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:19 am

Post by Black »

In post 82, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 81, MargotRosa wrote: The fact that some of the reads are wild and borderline nonsensical to me actually makes the town read a little stronger, as I think scum are more likely than town to appear to be putting in effort early rather than just pushing to make something happen from which to generate reads
This is kinda of a long the same lines I was thinking, yet I would say it is more NAI than anything
So not really along the same lines at all? If she thinks it's town indicative and you think it's NAI then where is the similar train of thought here
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:23 am

Post by MargotRosa »

More I think it's slightly town indicative, but ultimately it's useful coming into the resulting conversation to look at messages through that lens initially before going back and trying to see it the other way around.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:30 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 83, Black wrote:
In post 82, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 81, MargotRosa wrote:The fact that some of the reads are wild and borderline nonsensical to me actually makes the town read a little stronger, as I think scum are more likely than town to appear to be putting in effort early rather than just pushing to make something happen from which to generate reads
So not really along the same lines at all? If she thinks it's town indicative and you think it's NAI then where is the similar train of thought here
In post 63, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 60, Doctor Drew wrote:
I can't argue that

Question for Black(and Aureal as well)

What would be the scum motivation from Psyche to post as he has?
In post 57, Black wrote:
In post 56, Psyche wrote:
In post 52, Black wrote: These Psyche reads feel like a stretch but I'm not sure they're scum motivated
what would be the scum motivation
To try and seem like you have real reads and are trying to solve the game
Ok I glossed over that, but I feel scum would show the appearance of a more thought out read, specifically to avoid this very discussion we are having.
We said the said thing that we believe that scum would appear to being putting more thought and effort in the read, in a vacuum

Where we differ is that she seemingly town reads Psyche for it whereas I think it is more NAI since I think it is more shit posting and having fun, something that either side would do early game, despite Psyche saying they wouldn't participate in RVS(I am not suggesting there vote on me is RVS, I mean the type of posting before that).
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:32 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 84, MargotRosa wrote: More I think it's slightly town indicative, but ultimately it's useful coming into the resulting conversation to look at messages through that lens initially before going back and trying to see it the other way around.
I am sorry, been a long day and my brain is getting slower by the minute lol. But can you elaborate what you mean here?
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:33 am

Post by Black »

Oh ok I see now
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:57 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 69, Psyche wrote: i…i liked the way you counted your odds of landing a vote on scum, okay?
I thought this might be what you were thinking, but yeah thats really weak. I... don't think scum could possibly be confused enough to try to give the odds of someone being town from a scum PoV because the concept makes no sense from the PoV of someone who already knows. :?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:00 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

In post 86, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 84, MargotRosa wrote: More I think it's slightly town indicative, but ultimately it's useful coming into the resulting conversation to look at messages through that lens initially before going back and trying to see it the other way around.
I am sorry, been a long day and my brain is getting slower by the minute lol. But can you elaborate what you mean here?
Basically we have the difference you pointed out in . I see what you'd call a shit posty read during first few pages of d1 as town indicative, because, in general but especially d1, I think scum put an inordinate amount of effort into making their reads sound reasonable. At the same time, the most pro-town move is to generate enough conversation that town has something worth reading in the first place, irrespective of whether or not the way that you generate that conversation is through a shit post or not
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:06 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 89, MargotRosa wrote:
In post 86, Doctor Drew wrote:
Basically we have the difference you pointed out in . I see what you'd call a shit posty read during first few pages of d1 as town indicative, because, in general but especially d1, I think scum put an inordinate amount of effort into making their reads sound reasonable. At the same time, the most pro-town move is to generate enough conversation that town has something worth reading in the first place, irrespective of whether or not the way that you generate that conversation is through a shit post or not
Ok thank you, turns out I did understand what you meant in the first place lol.

Whether it was his intention or not, it has gotten us out of RVS pretty quickly and got at least a few of us engaging with each other. I guess I would lean town on Psyche because of this, but just slightly so.

And listen, I love shit posting and know how you can post that way and progress the game as well
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:08 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

I have no scum reads atm, but that seems to check out with my return to the site. Not necessarily the worst move, as I think I was probably quite trigger happy in the past, and it's also only page 4, but thought I'd point it out.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:12 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 91, MargotRosa wrote: I have no scum reads atm, but that seems to check out with my return to the site. Not necessarily the worst move, as I think I was probably quite trigger happy in the past, and it's also only page 4, but thought I'd point it out.
Hmmm, seems odd that you feel the need to point that out.

When you were 'trigger happy', were you like that as both alignments?
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:24 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

Yes, and it nearly cost me a scum game, and did cost me a town game
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:25 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

Point being that I don't think it makes much sense to do for either alignment
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:33 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 88, Aureal wrote:
In post 69, Psyche wrote: i…i liked the way you counted your odds of landing a vote on scum, okay?
I thought this might be what you were thinking, but yeah thats really weak. I... don't think scum could possibly be confused enough to try to give the odds of someone being town from a scum PoV because the concept makes no sense from the PoV of someone who already knows. :?
i disagree!
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:57 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 95, Psyche wrote:
In post 88, Aureal wrote:
i disagree!
Totally apropos to nothing game related......but does the name Peregrine mean anything to you?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:58 pm

Post by Psyche »

yes
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:04 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 97, Psyche wrote: yes
Like, were you my scum buddy in Boons Ahoy?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:30 pm

Post by Psyche »

sorry i don't recall that game