Newbie 1339 - Game Over! (Scum Win)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:24 pm

Post by Remembrance »

I'm town too by the way. We just won lylo because you're confirmed. Hope you enjoyed the first game of mafia.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:28 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

You know, i'm thinking this isn't going to go anywhere unless someone flips. Goku, Martyring can be pro-town under certain circumstances. I'm still not seeing NS as scum, but this is a newbie game, and I have my doubts about experienced players here. I'm sticking with Kuror0.
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:35 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Agreed. We need a general consensus (or however the hell you spell it.)

I want Rem lynched today tbh. I don't see NS scum either except for that one awkward RY vote.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:35 pm

Post by Remembrance »

Okay, here's why I'm not scum this game GuyInfreezer, sit down for this. And I'll explain.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:40 pm

Post by Remembrance »

The reason I didn't care whether Nacho was town or not is because I have a guaranteed way of catching scum him for one game. If I absolutely need to explain it I will. But you just need to stop suspecting me and accept the fact that I'm town if you're town.

Varsoon is confirmed town after that admission from him. He's not going anywhere.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:45 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

UNVOTE:
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:51 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 716, kuror0 wrote:Well, you guys need to stop posting in 1 liners. Specially when you make 3 posts like those in a row, it makes it hard to read and follow the thread with so much fluff post.

I don't like Rem play at all. Flips-flops way too much, calling confirmed towns all over the place, too many AtE and fluff posting. Where is the town paranoia? His argument was that, if he is scum he would be playing against his win-con, but i got 2 things to say about that: 1) Gambit, 2) WIFOM, if you are scum you could be calling your partner confirmed town, so we can't trust your word in any way.

I don't like Yoshi either. Still sheeping all over the place, which is a scumtell for me, because means he isn't actually scumhunting but just following everyone around. Also personally i hate sheeps, they are one of the most harmful things for town imo.

Right now, I am sold on lynching either fuzzy or Yoshi, considering Rem as another viable option. I am not interested in NS wagon. Nacho must participate more, I found his input a little disappointing tbh.

I'm not so sold on Fuzzy, but I think that's just because I've had time to forget about how obvious scum he was at L-2. He's playing a lot more carefully now, or, uh, it's his birthday and stuff. Either way.
Yoshi's probably scum. I've said it plenty of times, and made good cases, but it doesn't help when half of the inactives aren't voting and when scum won't slam the hammer on their own kind.
I don't think NS is scum. He strikes me more as lurking town. Keeping my vote on him to see what he has to say, if anything.
Nacho's been really too quiet, but that's almost every other person in this game.
Rem's plays are super lame, and I definitely want to forward your point about his fluff, AtE, and confirmed calls. Fuck that noise. Again, it's hard to push a wagon on scum when the only people who'll help you do it are away or scum, themselves.
I really, really want to start a fresh, active wagon on Yoshi or Rem.
I want to see how they respond at L-1.

In post 730, Remembrance wrote:We'll find out eventually. There's not enough players left in this game who don't know they're town and don't know at least one other player is town who's actually town.

No one knows anyone else's roles other than scum.
As far as I am concerned, all I know is my own role, and that all of you guys have a 1/4 chance to be scum.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:52 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

@Varsoon: for now, Rem is town.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:55 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Also, how about a read on me, goku, and kuror0?
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:55 pm

Post by Remembrance »

I'm informed that you're town. Because everything I understand about mafia tells me you are. You will learn that the fact I can do this means I'm town too. Because scum don't do that. You'll understand when you're more experienced :3

But it's not a bad thing that you're suspicious of me. It's a good foundation.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:56 pm

Post by Varsoon »

With the vote shifts and how I feel about NS, I'm going to to put my vote on my usual choice for scum, who has yet to vindicate himself.

UNVOTE: Nobody Special
VOTE: Random Yoshi

I'm not comfortable with letting Rem of the hook just because he's playing the "What have I got in my pocket" game.
Also, his average post has him claiming town about 500 times.
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:17 pm

Post by kuror0 »

In post 747, Varsoon wrote:
I was pretty frustrated that I spend 10+ pages building a case against Yoshi and even when he got to L-2, there wasn't really much concern about him being lynched. It was a wagon headed nowhere, and that bugged me, because I really thought he was scum.

That's exactly the reason i refuse to make my compiled case against fuzzy at this point. There are a few days left before the deadline and people don't have the need to make compromise votes so everyone just want to vote his MAIN scum suspect. By making a compiled case closer to deadline
people will have a fresh the reasons why X is scum and will hopefully agree to lynch him.
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:20 pm

Post by kuror0 »

The more Remem keeps saying he is town, the less I feel it is true. Also for the record, I don't believe scums do X and doesn't do Y. So all those things you say "show" you are town are pure WIFOM.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:23 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I agree with both of your posts, Kur0.

I think Rem might be trying a strategy where he says town as much as possible and hopes the repetition will stick in our subconscious.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:55 pm

Post by Remembrance »

Town reads:
Remembrance.Confirmed.
GuyInfreezer. Pretty town. But he can still be scum. He's just good enough to pull it off. Strong read for day 1 though.
Varsoon. Confirmed.
Nacho. It doesn't matter.
Yoshi. Probably confirmed unless he is an expert.

1/4 left to choose from. If you want to help. Iso the last 4 people and decide which one looks the scummiest.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:00 pm

Post by Remembrance »

Of those in the pool right now we have this vote intention from my top Scumspects:

Goku =Kuror0
Fuzzy =Kuror0
NS = Fuzzy
Kuror0 = Fuzzy.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:06 pm

Post by Remembrance »

Decide if they're hard bussing or voting the same people. Based on their reasoning. Look for information Sheeping from Goku. Also, Goku may or may not have noticed the Varsoon call post I made and intentionally put it there. Which might be scummy.

All of these people's cases will be examined when they push for the other's lynch. This is your class assignment if you're town. Look for intentionally dropped town tells and discern them from the real ones. Looks for scum tells. Thank you.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:36 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Also, if we're gonna lynch, we should lynch within 3 days, not push it to the deadline.

The last thing we want to see is the person we're trying to lynch a day before deadline claiming a power role.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:37 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Edit: try to lynch
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:30 pm

Post by Remembrance »

Okay, I just looked again. Right now it just looks like It's NS and Goku.

1. NS because of the misleads, because of the lurking (he usually does this, but this feels like scum silence), the awkward vote etcetera.
2. APG is just newbie scum who fence sat too long. It's okay, but he just messed up entirely by playing like he did when he started. He'll learn.

These are tentative, I'll be doing a hard analysis soon, but these are my initial thoughts on the matter. I really do think this Kuror vs. Butter. is just town v. town. For now this might change. It is also the ideal situation for scum if we flip Kuror0 or Fuzzy. I think both scum were just hoping we'd poE and kill either Butter or Kuror. With their cases against each other. It gives scum a chance to discredit me and explains why Goku ignored my question, and probably dropped town tells on purpose. He's read the game already and is just on radio silence.

IMO.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:39 pm

Post by Remembrance »

Seriously, Fuzzy and Kuror0. Are you town? I need to know. :)
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:44 pm

Post by Remembrance »

Yeah, fuzzy's town he town slipped when he talked to Yoshi during the reaction test.

So that leaves Kuror0, Goku and NS.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:15 pm

Post by Remembrance »

That play by Guyinfreezer and myself was retarded. Should probably be put into a scummy award thing for, like, best reaction test 2013.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:20 pm

Post by Remembrance »

Don't think it's Kuror he's too confident in his role pm for that.

I'm done examining it. It's up to you guys to agree or disagree. Please Iso Kuror and Fuzzy with an open heart and tell me they're scum instead of confident and competent (maybe even arrogant) Kuror0 town and Laid back and talkative Fuzzy town who just got through his birthday and town slipped all over himself in the process.

It explains the paranoia too. Neither NS or Goku have showed any.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:54 pm

Post by Remembrance »

Yup, Goku was just bullshiting me. That whole case on Kuror? Pure positioning, he didn't have time to do more. What a jerk. I love you too Goku! \(^_^)/ Can we gg now?

Of course your grandpa never saw scum, he had cataracts!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”