Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:48 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Wikipedia wrote: According to the Sicilian ethnographer Giuseppe Pitrè, the association of the word with the criminal secret society was made by the 1863 play I mafiusi di la Vicaria (The Beautiful (people) of Vicaria) by Giuseppe Rizzotto and Gaetano Mosca, which is about criminal gangs in the Palermo prison.The words Mafia and mafiusi (plural of mafiusu) are never mentioned in the play, and were probably put in the title because it would add local flair.
FIFTH VOTECOUNT

Cephrir
(6) -curiouskarmadog , WhoMe? , davidangelsummers , Twomz , dybeck , Kanaga

ZONEACE
(2) - Kison , Blight
curiouskarmadog
(1) - Cephrir
dybeck
(1) - ZONEACE
Kanaga
(1) - Tarhalindur

Not voting
(5): Sonicpulsar , ChocolateAttack , Flyinghawk , killerbob , thinktank

Needed for a lynch: 9 votes
Negotiable deadline: 22 days

If by deadline no one has 9 votes player with more votes is lynched
If two players have same number of votes lynch is decided by duel
Last edited by Dead Rikimaru on Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:53 am

Post by ChocolateAttack »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
ChocolateAttack wrote:
Blight wrote:I've read through the CKD/Dybeck/Ceph arguement, and I still don't know who to vote for. I don't know why people were pushing Ceph's lynch yesterday, and I don't know why they're pushing for his lynch today.

I'm just going to go ahead and vote for the person I thought was scum after Greenday.

Vote: Zoneace
Mind sharing me your reason why you vote Zoneace and why do u think he scum?
ChocolateAttack wrote:Another miss lynch! im seriously need to go back and read the thread now. What wrong with all the townies-acting-scummy now? it so not cool!
Mind sharing what you found in the reread? Mind sharing why this is your second post Day 2 without content? Mind sharing why you are not voting for anyone?
Lol! i didn't do any reread. I didn't have time, my life is busy like shit recently so i just continue from where i am at but since 2 miss lynch at a time, i starting to lose my interest. I might take off my vote for day 3 since i still really busy and refresh my mind alittle, but i will still play and see if i can use my vote or not.
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:54 am

Blight wrote:
ChocolateAttack wrote:
Blight wrote:I've read through the CKD/Dybeck/Ceph arguement, and I still don't know who to vote for. I don't know why people were pushing Ceph's lynch yesterday, and I don't know why they're pushing for his lynch today.

I'm just going to go ahead and vote for the person I thought was scum after Greenday.

Vote: Zoneace
Mind sharing me your reason why you vote Zoneace and why do u think he scum?
Meh. Just a gut feeling.
I rather you give a reason then called it a gut feeling because it OMGUS vote and it not really convincing.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:39 pm

Post by dybeck »

ChocolateAttack. If he's voting based upon a gut feeling, why should he give any other reason?

It's a perfectly valid reason to vote someone.

And it's not like Zoneace isn't scum. I'm rather starting to believe he's scum with you, actually. And that's gut too.
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:27 am

Post by Kison »

Cephrir wrote:Wonderful post, Twomz.

"Hey, I agree with everyone else. I think I'll vote for who everyone else is voting for, for reasons used by everyone else."
He does have a point. Twomz, you should at least point out
which
reasons you agree with. If you've done so, please refer a post where you have done so?

Zoneace : What do you think of the Cephrir situation?
dybeck wrote:And it's not like Zoneace isn't scum. I'm rather starting to believe he's scum with you, actually. And that's gut too.
This is kind of what I was about to get into...
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:15 am

dybeck wrote:ChocolateAttack. If he's voting based upon a gut feeling, why should he give any other reason?

And it's not like Zoneace isn't scum. I'm rather starting to believe he's scum with you, actually. And that's gut too.
Usually gut feeling come from some sort of reason so he must have done something to make Blight feel scum.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:21 am

Post by Twomz »

He does have a point. Twomz, you should at least point out which reasons you agree with. If you've done so, please refer a post where you have done so?
Twomz wrote:
Cephrir wrote:Scumbuddies are linked together by agreement.
I disagree... this would be a classic case of "all the eggs in one basket." It is more likely that they just see things in the same light and have similar thought processes/experiences.

I do not agree that just because dybeck was against the Karen lynch he is scummy. He may have blown things out of proportion at times, but just because someone disagrees with you does not make them scum.

That being said, I think you might be grasping for straws trying to attack dybeck. It is like you OMGUSed and now you are trying to pull a case out of midair to back it up. Although I did not quite get everyone else's case against you earlier, I do see now why they would find you suspicious.

BTW, Happy B-day
vote: Cephrir

However, I am still waiting on a response from Thorn... and am hoping for more input, especially from the group at the tail end of the Green Day/Thorn wagon.
My reason is in bold.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Flyinghawk
Flyinghawk
Goon
Flyinghawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by Flyinghawk »

dybeck wrote:ChocolateAttack. If he's voting based upon a gut feeling, why should he give any other reason?

I don't like this reason. saying gut feeling is 'perfectly valid' is wrong. THis gut feeling is entirely subjective and can come subconcsiously from more of difference of opinions rather than giving off a scum tell. Furthermore, this gut feeling must come from somewhere, and at least stating where the feeling came from gives you a little defense if someone directly questions your actions.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:26 pm

Post by dybeck »

Of course it's perfectly valid.

It doesn't help you to decide whether or not to vote him, and it wouldn't srtand up in a court of law. But we all need to vote the person we think it most likely to be scum. And if all we have to go on is instinct and hunches, then that's how we vote.
davidangelsummers
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
It's a Norwegian thing

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:01 pm

Post by davidangelsummers »

dybeck wrote:Of course it's perfectly valid.

It doesn't help you to decide whether or not to vote him, and it wouldn't srtand up in a court of law. But we all need to vote the person we think it most likely to be scum. And if all we have to go on is instinct and hunches, then that's how we vote.
Struggling to add some content.. Are we really arguing over gut shot voteing? Shouldn’t Cephir be arguing for his life right now?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:29 am

Post by Cephrir »

I have been, in case you didn't notice. If someone else other than CKD wants to make a case against me, I will gladly answer it. I really can't answer what Twomz has said, if he thinks my case on dybeck was weak, then so be it. I suspect CKD far more now anyway.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:28 am

Post by dybeck »

Lol... you had "a case" on me?

Go on... tell me again...

What's your "case" on CKD.

Does it begin with "OMG" and end in "suck"?
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:12 am

Post by ZONEACE »

Kison wrote:
Zoneace : What do you think of the Cephrir situation?

I'll respond to this tomorrow or saturday. I've been really busy the last few days and will be for another day or so, so i don't have too much time to make a coherent, well thought post.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Cephrir wrote:

This whole thing is a matter of misinterpretation. When you said I lynched Karen, I took that to mean that you thought I alone was responsible. I was not lying when I said I didn't lynch Karen. At the time I said that, we were operating under different definitions of the word lynch, and neither of us realized this.
Have you defined for us what lynch means, yet? Could you be repost if you have. How could I possibly mean that you alone were responsible for Karen’s lynch? What post gave you that impression?
Cephrir wrote:
Day 2 he thought greenday/thorn was scum, but wants the town to believe he didnt care if we lynched him or not...which is a lie.
I absolutely did not ever think Thorn was scum. I realize that I am fallible and my suspicions can be wrong. I never thought for sure Thorn was scum. I thought Green Day was suspicious. When I say suspicious, I do not mean "THIS PERSON IS DEFINITELY SCUM". I have said this so many times it's not even funny. And I most certainly did not care if we lynched Thorn. If you think that is a lie, explain to me how it is that I obviously wanted Thorn lynched despite deliberately and repeatedly not voting for her when given the chance.
Well Greenday and Thorn were the same “person” What did Thorn do to get off your scum list?
Cephrir wrote:
he says I am blatantly lying, when I prove him wrong, he ignores it...he continues lying....I think this town NEEDS to listen to me for once..
I AM NOT LYING. See the quote of yours before this one, where you say that I "want the town to believe I didn't care if we lynched Thorn or not, which is a lie"? Well, that's a lie. I definitely did not care if Thorn was lynched, and I said this many, many times yesterday. Please read what I write.
You are lying this is why my vote is on you. It is up to the town to see through your crap Cephrir…you don’t even have a case against me. Your vote is straight OMGUS…you are not scum hunting…you are just sitting there waiting for a wagon you are can jump on or passive aggressively push.

You are scum.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:06 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

ooba replaces killerbob
Effective as soon as he posts.
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:06 pm

Post by ooba »

Hi ..
I've started reading the thread and i'll start posting as soon as i finish (be back in two weeks ;) ) ..
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:01 am

ooba wrote:Hi ..
I've started reading the thread and i'll start posting as soon as i finish (be back in two weeks ;) ) ..
welcome and good luck
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:37 am

Post by ooba »

Well i've finished a read ..

I do believe we have a scum in Cephrir .

You do not have a case against ckd.. This is what you said when you voted for him ..
Cephrir wrote:Alright, I already know nobody will ever vote dybeck with me for some reason. So perhaps the town can stop watching CKD and dybeck lead them around by their noses and lynch the one who spouts horrible craplogic at every possible oppurtunity.
This could fall in "I'm so frustrated by his stupid arguement i'm voting for him" category but its not a 'case' as such. Thought you should know that pushing an argument on him being scum based on something with no foundation wont help you .. Your responses seem a bit over defensive and give scummy vibes ..

And there are the few posts which seemed odd on day 1 (In your defense i found a few posts of Green day odd too) ..
That's true for any town player we lynch, and we are likely to lynch town today since most of the players aren't scum (I think).
The fact that she hasn't been lynched already makes me think there's a good chance she's scum.
Actually, since there are a lot of fairly new players in this game, I really am surprised there isn't a bigger wagon on her.
You should have been the Day 2 lynch but you were saved by a unresponsive Greenday/Thorn who did not respond to the attacks ..

Vote : Cephrir
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:37 am

Post by ooba »

curiouskarmadog wrote:welcome and good luck
And thank you :)
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:43 am

Post by Cephrir »

ooba: CKD is scum because of craplogic. Over and over. And also the reason you stated which is also perfectly valid.

More importantly, I'm not going to try anymore. CKD continues to be stupid, and I can see that I am going to be lynched today regardless of what I say. Any more effort I put into this game is a waste of time. Parting words for the town:

First off, and less importantly, I believe Tar has a very good suspect in Kanaga. He may be a good lynch target later in the game (tomorrow is reserved).

Most importantly, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT LET CKD CRAPLOGIC HIS WAY OUT OF THIS. He volunteered to be lynched tomorrow if he is wrong about me. Well, he is. I am a vanilla townie. So PLEASE LYNCH CKD TOMORROW.

That is all.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:33 am

fair enough...lets hang him
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Blight
Blight
Goon
Blight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:41 pm

Post by Blight »

MOD: I hate to do this to you, but I need to be replaced. Things are starting to pile up with school and I don't have the time right now. I'm really sorry about this.
And behold, I shall be a blight upon the land, and everything I touch shall wither and die.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:29 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Peers replaces SonicPulsar, effective as soon as he posts.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:19 pm

Post by Peers »

Which would be now. Reading.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:02 pm

Post by Peers »

So, we seem to have narrowed today's suspects down to two: Cephir, based on his votes and actions, and Zoneace, based on votes. But given that we seem to think there's six mafia split among two teams, that's not a very big start.

We can also assume, given that nobody died last night, either a) both sides targetted the other side, or b) our roleblockers got their targets right... impossible to tell which until tomorrow night. If we keep up with no deaths, then the roleblockers are working; if not, then the mafias know who among us is working for their enemies. Tonight is going to be a really interesting night... once we get there.

After reading Day 3, I was about to vote for Blight... but with the request for replacement, a lot of the things that tug at my strings could easily be attributed to not-having-enough-time-itus.

Kison, thinktank: You had voted for Cephir on Day One. What exactly has made you change your mind to not vote for him where there's a chance to actually lynch him?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”