Newbie 1731 | Under the Sea | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:57 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In this particular game, for the most part scum split their votes like normal, probably because they were never really forced to have to defend themselves. Town also got super unlucky when a townie lol hammered for no good reason AND hit the town PR. In the newbie rask and I won, something like that happened but it was a vt lynch and the lol hammerer was policyd d2. And then in the newbie I lost, it was a scum who lol hammered d1 and got away w it.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:49 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 775, mhsmith0 wrote:In this particular game, for the most part scum split their votes like normal, probably because they were never really forced to have to defend themselves. Town also got super unlucky when a townie lol hammered for no good reason AND hit the town PR. In the newbie rask and I won, something like that happened but it was a vt lynch and the lol hammerer was policyd d2. And then in the newbie I lost, it was a scum who lol hammered d1 and got away w it.
Hi
I was in 1714 too

fuck vandit

Part of the reason I replaced in was for redemption, then I rolled scum :igmeou:
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble

this account is ded now kthxbai
kagesong
kagesong
Goon
kagesong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:16 am

Post by kagesong »

In post 775, mhsmith0 wrote:In this particular game, for the most part scum split their votes like normal, probably because they were never really forced to have to defend themselves. Town also got super unlucky when a townie lol hammered for no good reason AND hit the town PR. In the newbie rask and I won, something like that happened but it was a vt lynch and the lol hammerer was policyd d2. And then in the newbie I lost, it was a scum who lol hammered d1 and got away w it.
To be fair, I STILL don't think the PRs play made any sense. Narcotic is actually my good buddy, I got him to sign up after playing some town of Salem. I actually wonder if that's why he got replaced before 24 hours on a prod. I explained his mistake after the game was over. But he knows I can be sensitive and kinda got emotional when he saw something like picking on me. I don't think we'll see that from him again if he sticks around. But STILL, kts PR, I would have hammered too, just not that early.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:44 am

Post by Plotinus »

He wasn't replaced before 24 hours on a prod. I think you missed the timestamps. He was prodded in on August 30th at 11am my time. In , on August 31st at noon my time I announced that he hadn't responded to his prod and was being replaced, but if he posted before I found someone else he could stay, and then in he was replaced, at around 5pm my time, so by then it was about 30 hours since he'd been prodded and 3 days + 6 hours since he'd posted.

I think the PR was trying to lie low so he wouldn't get nightkilled for being a PR but he overdid it. I think the more experienced players should have explained the procedure of why we shouldn't hammer without a claim in more detail because I don't think narcotic understood the process of waiting for a claim and then evaluating the claim to see if we believe it or not.

I do hope he comes back and gives it another try; most games aren't like this one.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:16 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 778, Plotinus wrote:He wasn't replaced before 24 hours on a prod. I think you missed the timestamps. He was prodded in on August 30th at 11am my time. In , on August 31st at noon my time I announced that he hadn't responded to his prod and was being replaced, but if he posted before I found someone else he could stay, and then in he was replaced, at around 5pm my time, so by then it was about 30 hours since he'd been prodded and 3 days + 6 hours since he'd posted.

I think the PR was trying to lie low so he wouldn't get nightkilled for being a PR but he overdid it. I think the more experienced players should have explained the procedure of why we shouldn't hammer without a claim in more detail because I don't think narcotic understood the process of waiting for a claim and then evaluating the claim to see if we believe it or not.

I do hope he comes back and gives it another try; most games aren't like this one.
le me:
has experienced this BS twice, including my first game
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble

this account is ded now kthxbai
kagesong
kagesong
Goon
kagesong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:02 am

Post by kagesong »

My apologies ploti, I was watching the timer. I had only seen 17 hours left and then replaced. But, yes, I see the timestamps now, and I let him know. Glad to know we didn't do anything wrong, that was my fear. Some times you lose track.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:22 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

lol apparently i was killed because someone thought i was good at mafia
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle