Newbie 810 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:29 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Official Vote Count

Not Voting - 5 (12Keyblade, BlueRaven, geekalicious, KittyMo, ronnieroo)

3 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Tuesday, September 1.
Last edited by Vel-Rahn Koon on Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:38 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

That's mature VRK. Delete my post. OK, whatever :)

Nah, just kidding. :P
Join the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13797]Fluxx Tournament![/url]

[i]"Then I shall make you see... that your hopes are nothing! Nothing but a mere illusion!"[/i]
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:38 am

Post by KittyMo »

Lots has happened since I was last here, I see.
ronnieroo wrote: Night one I investigated Roskol (or some other dead townie), night two I investigated BlueRaven (or some other townie that would've been an easy lynch (I'm NOT saying he is pro-town)), and (s)he came up scum. Townies follow, mafia win. If I was mafia, why on earth would I've risked claiming a cop with no results?
For one thing, I would risk there actually being a cop
, secondly it would've been an easy mafia win to just say one of the easy town targets, thirdly having no results makes me less belivable.
This is the reason why I am more inclined to believe your claim that not. However, the bolded part is incorrect. The scum have known the setup since Vel-Rahn Koon posted Raskol's death scene, because he was the doctor. They know this because if they have a roleblocker, they know there is a cop. If they do not have a roleblocker, there is no cop. (This also answers a question Keyblade had for me.)
BlueRaven wrote: and for future reference i havnt used the noob card for ages ¬_¬... not in day 2 or 3 and for the last 1/3 or 1/4 of day 1.
Your posts still kind of scream the noob card. It's difficult to tell whether you're pretending to be a noob or really are a noob.
BlueRaven wrote: I also have been looking into 'how to be a good mafia' or 'finding mafia' sort of guides cus i have a feeling that kitty and her accumplis (if she is scum) are driving this bus to hell.
Wtf. When did you switch from "Kitty is protown" to "Kitty is most likely to be scum."
BlueRaven wrote: And she some of the criteria:

> wishy washy voting (this is an unstable scum tell though)
> third person an wagon here
> saying someone is town without 'if'
It is true that I have been the third person on a wagon twice. However, didn't the wiki also mention that the 4th vote on a bandwagon is a scumtell? Show me examples of my wishy-washy voting and saying someone is town without 'if' and I will be glad to respond to you, but I honestly do not think I have done either of those things. (Also - while the Wiki is smart, I wouldn't reccommend following it as closely as you are. It's a guide, not a rule book.)
12Keyblade wrote: Do you really think I'm dumb enough to make that post without an ulterior motive?
Ooooh. A gambit. Interesting. I do like it, but I don't like how you seem to be avoiding stating your opinion on ronnie's claim. What is it?
12Keyblade wrote: Kitty--You jumped on me immediatly. However, you may have contradicted yourself. In your first post, you say "I'm leaning toward it being true." In your EBWOP, you say "Did you even consider she might be scum?" Yes, yes I did. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised. But the question is, did you?
I'm not that naive to not consider it... o.O I just find it extremely unlikely that it would occur to someone to forge that kind of claim. I could be convinced otherwise, though. I find the fact that I suddenly seem to be one of the scummier people on your list because I "may have contradicted myself", when for the entire game you've found me the most pro-town. Please don't say "acting wishy-washy/scummy is my playstyle" again. You stated what your playstyle was a long time ago, and you haven't been following that.

I find Keyblade and BlueRaven's sudden jumps on me that seem contradictory with earlier reads scummy.
ronnieroo wrote: @KittyMo, No not a compliment. Overplaying innocence can be just as bad as playing very scummy.
What exactly do you mean by "overplaying my innocence"? I have a feeling I'm missing something here. What can I do to not "overplay my innocence" in the future?
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:39 am

Post by KittyMo »

12Keyblade wrote:That's mature VRK. Delete my post. OK, whatever :)

???
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:40 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

KittyMo wrote:
12Keyblade wrote:That's mature VRK. Delete my post. OK, whatever :)

???
Tell you after the game.
Join the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13797]Fluxx Tournament![/url]

[i]"Then I shall make you see... that your hopes are nothing! Nothing but a mere illusion!"[/i]
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:41 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

Oh, and ronnie's claim? False. Double-roleblocked cop? Please.

Also, please answer my question about the setup.

KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:45 am

Post by KittyMo »

KittyMo wrote:The scum have known the setup since Vel-Rahn Koon posted Raskol's death scene, because he was the doctor. They know this because if they have a roleblocker, they know there is a cop. If they do not have a roleblocker, there is no cop. (This also answers a question Keyblade had for me.)
Already answered.

"plz don't swear" -- N
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:19 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

KittyMo wrote:
KittyMo wrote:The scum have known the setup since Vel-Rahn Koon posted Raskol's death scene, because he was the doctor. They know this because if they have a roleblocker, they know there is a cop. If they do not have a roleblocker, there is no cop. (This also answers a question Keyblade had for me.)
Already answered.
*facepalm*

Thank you.

KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:24 am

Post by KittyMo »

Well, you're not alone, since Ronnie doesn't seem to know either, and the other 2 didn't comment...

"plz don't swear" -- N
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:37 am

Post by geekalicious »

(bold added)
ronnieroo wrote:
Ok, Geek, if I was mafia and was planning to roleclaim cop, in a LyLo situation, here is exactly what I would've done:

Night one I investigated Roskol (or some other dead townie), night two I investigated BlueRaven (or some other townie that would've been an easy lynch (I'm NOT saying he is pro-town)), and (s)he came up scum. Townies follow, mafia win. If I was mafia, why on earth would I've risked claiming a cop with no results? For one thing, I would risk there actually being a cop, secondly it would've been an easy mafia win to just say one of the easy town targets, thirdly having no results makes me less belivable.
That first statement made your explanation WIFOM, so I'm not believing it.
ronnieroo wrote:@KittyMo, No not a compliment. Overplaying innocence can be just as bad as playing very scummy.
:shock:

What, so do you prefer an occasional scumtell from a player in order for you to not be suspicious of them?
ronnieroo wrote:Thoughts on Geekalicious:
A. Has been a suspect basically the whole game. He slightly confuses me. I honestly never really know who he suspects.
Not sure what you mean by that.... I think I've been clear on who I suspect.
BlueRaven wrote:kitty & key
kitty & geek
key & geek (both look scummy and thus could create a pair)
Why these particular combos? And I don't recall you finding KittyMo suspicious before.
12Keyblade wrote:And bravo. Really. Well played by all. Do you really think I'm dumb enough to make that post without an ulterior motive? No. No I'm not.
If your play hadn't been so scummy lately, then I would have an easier time seeing your post as testing for reactions. However, judging by your poor defenses lately, consistent rolefishing, etc., I wouldn't be shocked if you made that post, realized the scumminess of it, then pinged it as a post to test reactions.
KittyMo wrote:
Well, you're not alone, since Ronnie doesn't seem to know either, and the other 2 didn't comment...
*is slightly confused* Comment on what...?
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

KeyBlade, ok you have me listed three times, meaning you think that I could be a scum buddy to anyone, and you don't believe my claim. The thing that I really don't like, is that you're not voting for me. Shouldn't that be enough? If you think I'm lieing about being cop, then wouldn't that make me mafia? So why aren't you voting for me?

Ok, when I say too innocent, it means everything is too sugar coated. It sounds too nice and perfect. I don't want scum tells.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:26 pm

Post by geekalicious »

ronnieroo wrote:Ok, Geek, if I was mafia and was planning to roleclaim cop, in a LyLo situation, here is exactly what I would've done:

Night one I investigated Roskol (or some other dead townie), night two I investigated BlueRaven (or some other townie that would've been an easy lynch (I'm NOT saying he is pro-town)), and (s)he came up scum. Townies follow, mafia win. If I was mafia, why on earth would I've risked claiming a cop with no results? For one thing, I would risk there actually being a cop, secondly it would've been an easy mafia win to just say one of the easy town targets, thirdly having no results makes me less belivable.
I just noted something in a portion of your post here. You say that you would have run the risk of someone else saying that they're a cop.
This isn't true as everyone else claimed before you did.
Before you put your claim out there, everyone else had claimed vanilla town and thus, even if someone else was a cop, they wouldn't be able to come out and claim it later without being called a liar.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by KittyMo »

@Ronnie: I think that may have to do with the fact that I'm a shy, young girl that likes to be helpful...but I guess I'll try to be more aggressive, since that's the only thing I can think of to do to be less "sugar-coated". I would have to disagree that it's as bad as the other way around, though...

I'll comment on everything else in a bit. :)

"plz don't swear" -- N
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by 12Keyblade »

ronnieroo wrote:KeyBlade, ok you have me listed three times, meaning you think that I could be a scum buddy to anyone, and you don't believe my claim. The thing that I really don't like, is that you're not voting for me. Shouldn't that be enough? If you think I'm lieing about being cop, then wouldn't that make me mafia? So why aren't you voting for me?

Ok, when I say too innocent, it means everything is too sugar coated. It sounds too nice and perfect. I don't want scum tells.
By the slight, itty bitty chance you're town, I don't want a scum quickhammer.

KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Keyblade and Geek's reactions to Ronnie's claim are making me think I'm missing something here. Hmmm...I suppose I'll make a list. Feel free to add to it, anyone:

Reasons Why I Believe Her Claim:
~ It is so unlikely fakeclaiming scum wouldn't think to consider it.

Reasons Why I Don't Believe Her Claim:
~ It's
incredibly
convenient to not have anyone cleared.

Um, gee, my brain isn't very creative right now. Little help from everyone else?

---------

SINCE THE START OF DAY 3, THE SCUM HAVE KNOWN THE SETUP.

(Just wanted to get that straight.)
Please don't ask me to explain why, as I have already done so. This is what I was talking to Keyblade about up above. This also means that Geek's last post was incorrect, because waiting for everyone else to claim doesn't matter. This is assuming, of course, that one or more of Ronnie, 12Keyblade, and Geekalicious (since at least one of them, from my perspective, is scum) lied about not knowing the setup. I guess the scum could've not put 2 and 2 together and not realized the thing about the setup, but...I find that unlikely. So yup.

--------

Sorry my brain isn't working well. :/ Zachrulez basically dared me to read a game he's in that's 98 pages long (and counting). I read about 60 pages today, so...yeah. It kinda makes your brain explode. I'm not sure if I'd reccomend it. :s And I just got done standing in a parking lot for 4 hours giving out parking passes. Bleh.

Reminder to Everyone:

Do not vote for anyone unless you are *sure* they are scum, because if you are wrong, the scum can quickhammer. That is, until the deadline, because if the deadline hits and we no lynch, we lose. =/ Only 11 days to the deadline. We should definitely be able to find the scum before then, though.

~ Kitty

"plz don't swear" -- N
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:12 am

Post by geekalicious »

KittyMo wrote:Please don't ask me to explain why, as I have already done so. This is what I was talking to Keyblade about up above. This also means that Geek's last post was incorrect, because waiting for everyone else to claim doesn't matter. This is assuming, of course, that one or more of Ronnie, 12Keyblade, and Geekalicious (since at least one of them, from my perspective, is scum) lied about not knowing the setup. I guess the scum could've not put 2 and 2 together and not realized the thing about the setup, but...I find that unlikely. So yup.
Looking at how you explain the scum knowing the setup, there could still be the possibility of scum waiting until everyone claimed. If they know that there is a cop actually in the game since they have a roleblocker, then they would withold from claiming cop until the end, seeing if the actual cop would come out and claim. If the actual cop decided to withold, then claiming as cop would be safe.
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:32 am

Post by BlueRaven »

i never said anything about thinking kitty was inoccent. To me its guilty untill proven inoccent. And dont bring up that post after my epic slip up. That was just me trying to dig my self out of that hole and fail.

But i must add this was all driven by a gut feeling... so you know....
Show
W/L
town: 0/1
scum: 0/0

Some thing has come up. I wont be bk for a month or 2. I've replaced out of all my games. D: sorry guys...
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:52 am

Post by KittyMo »

BlueRaven wrote: i never said anything about thinking kitty was inoccent. To me its guilty untill proven inoccent. And dont bring up that post after my epic slip up. That was just me trying to dig my self out of that hole and fail.

Oh, wow, this post reeks of scumminess.
BlueRaven wrote: I had to go (away from the comp) so i didnt have to finish my answer. I think you and reckoner are not scum because you both have been trying to work everyone off my case, which a mafia wouldnt try to do because if they can get someone easyly out of the picture it will give them to kills in 24hours. either that or you both are using a stratergy i dont know about yet.[/ooc]
The above is the only time you've ever mentioned whether you think I'm scummy. So, yes, you did in fact say something about thinking I'm innocent.

Guilty until proven innocent? The only way to "prove" someone's innocence is to see their death scence. You really have the mentality that everyone in this game besides you is scum? o.O

I'm still waiting for a reason that I'm the scummiest one here, besides gut feeling and being third on a bandwagon. I am also still waiting on examples of when I did wishy-washy voting and called someone a townie without saying "if."

Quit. Avoiding. My. Questions.

"plz don't swear" -- N
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:13 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

KittyMo wrote:
BlueRaven wrote: i never said anything about thinking kitty was inoccent. To me its guilty untill proven inoccent. And dont bring up that post after my epic slip up. That was just me trying to dig my self out of that hole and fail.

Oh, wow, this post reeks of scumminess.
BlueRaven wrote: I had to go (away from the comp) so i didnt have to finish my answer. I think you and reckoner are not scum because you both have been trying to work everyone off my case, which a mafia wouldnt try to do because if they can get someone easyly out of the picture it will give them to kills in 24hours. either that or you both are using a stratergy i dont know about yet.[/ooc]
The above is the only time you've ever mentioned whether you think I'm scummy. So, yes, you did in fact say something about thinking I'm innocent.

Guilty until proven innocent? The only way to "prove" someone's innocence is to see their death scence. You really have the mentality that everyone in this game besides you is scum? o.O

I'm still waiting for a reason that I'm the scummiest one here, besides gut feeling and being third on a bandwagon. I am also still waiting on examples of when I did wishy-washy voting and called someone a townie without saying "if."

Quit. Avoiding. My. Questions.
You are scummy because I find your case on me to be full of holes.

KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:52 am

Post by KittyMo »

What does that have to do with the thing you just quoted?

I'll answer back to you on the case, though. Hang on a moment.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:09 am

Post by KittyMo »

12Keyblade wrote:
KittyMo wrote: He starts off the game in a fairly normal manner, until this post, where he begins buddying ronnieroo
ORLY? How so? By being helpful and answering my own questions?)
Saying "I like you!" in that manner is blatant buddying.
12Keyblade wrote:
KittyMo wrote: and states that his playstyle consists of careful thinking and interrogation. (Has anyone noticed this being his playstyle? I sure haven't...)
Good catch!
Yeah. I know. o.O
12Keyblade wrote:
KittyMo wrote: After FOSing TFGM, Keyblade then makes this post that reeks of scumminess. It's incredibly non-commital and insincere, like he's waiting for other people to decide if they find it scummy before he decides how he feels about it.
What the heck???
>_> Saying "what the heck?" doesn't really mean anything. If you have a counter-argument or a more specific question, we can further discuss this.
12Keyblade wrote:
KittyMo wrote: Pretty soon afterwards, he points out here that I supposedly cop-breadcrumbed, which is very much anti-town, which ends up leading to an awkward response from ronnieroo, which is probably the reason why the roleblocker roleblocked ronnie. (Assuming she's the cop, of course.)
It's what I do. If you're going to breadcrumb, do it better.
Hahaha. Funny. Trying to blame me for your anti-town actions. All I did was type in the word "investigation", realized it sounded like a cop-breadcrumb, but left it in hopes of redirecting the nightkill. I didn't go out and say that a long time ago because then that would've been a softclaim, which is baaaad. Also, "It's what I do" is a horrible defense for acting antitown.
Keyblade wrote:
KittyMo wrote: He also lies here about how I marked the word investigation with quotes.
Accident! Honest!
You sure "accidentally" do things a lot. Why didn't you respond to this a long time ago, back when Zach originally asked?
12Keyblade wrote:
KittyMo wrote: Start of Day 2, he does more active lurking. (Though, that is partially my fault...but still, this guy active lurks way way way too much.)
How is it your fault?
Because I was active lurking for part of it too, having a conversation with you about Harry Potter... However, my point still stands that I have never seen someone active lurk this much that hasn't been scum.
12Keyblade wrote:
KittyMo wrote: In fact, that's what he does most of the first half of Day 2. Most noteworthy post is here, where not only is he active lurking, but he buddies Geek in the same post. o.O
(Not buddying. MErely commenting.)
Yeah, you totally said without any buddying motive "You are so my favorite in this game!" I find that unlikely.

Okay, so you commented against about half my case. But you left another half of it totally alone. I disagree that it was a failed case. It's certainly not the best case I've ever made, but quite a few of my points do stand. However, I think we need to clear up the situation with Ronnie first before coming back to this.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:16 am

Post by KittyMo »

12Keyblade wrote: You are scummy because I find your case on me to be full of holes.
Okay. Might wanna update your scum-o-meter then...probably on everyone, since your reads on people seem to have drastically changed. Reasons this time, please.

"plz don't swear" -- N
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:19 am

Post by geekalicious »

12Keyblade wrote:You are scummy because I find your case on me to be full of holes.
I found her case to be rather solid, and you probably did too since you didn't comment on a lot of the second half of it. And at least KittyMo's not explaining her actions by saying that she's having "delusional days" or by making explanations for posts that amount to "tee hee, don't think I'm scum, I just play like that!"

Also, why is everyone suddenly finding KittyMo suspicious? BlueRaven places her in several scum pairings, 12Keyblade finds KittyMo's logic faulty and scummy, and ronnieroo says that she deserved to be investigated because she's "overplaying innocence".
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:31 am

Post by KittyMo »

geekalicious wrote: Also, why is everyone suddenly finding KittyMo suspicious? BlueRaven places her in several scum pairings, 12Keyblade finds KittyMo's logic faulty and scummy, and ronnieroo says that she deserved to be investigated because she's "overplaying innocence".
I have the same question.

"plz don't swear" -- N
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

To clear this up, I do NOT currently find KittyMo most suspicous, at this moment she's in my bottom two.

Secondly, I thought she was overplaying innocence on day one. I don't think she is anymore, and I never said I still did. She was worth investigating on day one.

@KeyBlade, ok I've noticed I've gone from obviously town to 99% sure mafia. I find it odd that you've thought I was town the whole game, and now after role claiming a town role you think I'm mafia. What has caused you to change your mind? The unlikly hood of it happening changed your mind?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”