Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:45 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

@GC, the Droog-Hiraki interaction to me looks like a serious personality clash rather than Scum-Scum distancing. Droog likes to distance from his scumbuddies, but that being said, I think he would have pushed Prawneater harder than he did early D1 if they were scum together. Also, FWIW I remember thinking Hiraki's D2 play was better than his D1 play too. Prawn's actions surrounding the Hiraki lynch still bother me a bit, particularly how he voted a Townread and it happened to come up scum, but looking around I don't see him forming a viable scumpair with any other player at this point.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:49 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 800, Alchemist21 wrote:Prawn's actions surrounding the Hiraki lynch still bother me a bit, particularly how he voted a Townread and it happened to come up scum

I thought that was a pretty solid suspicion of yours except for the fact that Hiraki flipped scum. So, I have the exact opposite reaction of you as to how things turned out.

As for droog distancing, why doesn't droog's consistent "your scummy" D1 statements toward Hiraki qualify? Particularly when, when push came to shove, droog then unvoted Hiraki on D2?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:50 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I ask because I have never seen droog-scum in action. I don't know how that play doesn't fit distancing, droog-style or otherwise.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:09 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

Because I don't think Droog would have given up chase on Hiraki that easily. I've even seen a game where he and his scumbuddy went hard at each other in a 2-player scumteam all the way to endgame. Plus, why distance from Hiraki and not Prawn if he's scumbuddies to both? He called out Prawn early on, but then soon after his focus switched to Hiraki and it never went back to Prawn. I think scumDroog would make serious attempts to distance from both scumbuddies here and that he wouldn't have stopped pushing Hiraki until the wagon looked more serious than having 3/7 votes.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:02 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I'm not convinced Narrow AND prawn are scum. I do think that one of them is. (I realize that this leaves the potential for one of my townreads to be wrong.)

That said, you're seriously asking why scum wouldn't act identically with respect to both of their buddies? I don't think scum is more or less likely to treat buddies differently, but the flip side of that is that there's no reason to think that scum is more or less likely to treat buddies the same.

(shrug) And I guess we just disagree on droog/Hiraki interactions.
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:11 am

Post by hi im Yakko »

I'm definitely now looking at WW. I thought he was just annoying at first. I'm also looking at alchemist because of their interaction.

@everyone have you played with prawn before? has he ever town read his scum buddies? I would look it up but I'm kinda lazy.

Lia what do you think of narrows first post?
When the opposition are here you tell them nothing except where the toilets are, but you lie about that right. Fuckity bye
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:12 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

@GC, Genrally, scum probably wouldn't treat their buddies the same. Droog, on the other hand, would do that IMO. I also remember a game where he was in a 3-man scumteam and didn't hardlush either until one of them died, then he hardpushed the remaining buddy. I figure the white flag mechanic would have made him hardpush both buddies early on in case one flipped.

We're in the day before lylo. It's time to start forming feasible scumpairs and pushing them rather than "this or that" pairs. If you can't see a player being scum with Hiraki and one other player, then they probably aren't scum.
Whomping Willow
Whomping Willow
Goon
Whomping Willow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:27 am

Post by Whomping Willow »

If you're opposed to hunting off the prawn counterwagon from day 2, why? If both scum bussed then show me what you think looks like a bus
Whomping Willow
Whomping Willow
Goon
Whomping Willow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:27 am

That's directed at everyone
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:30 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 738, NJAC wrote:
Votecount 2.8

:!:
Hiraki
: 6 - Lia, prawneater,
randomidget
, Whomping Willow, hi im Yakko,
Flubbernugget
(L-0) :!:
prawneater
: 4 -
texcat
, Albert B. Rampage,
Hiraki
, Alchemist21 (L-2)

Not voting
: 1 - droog.

So, thinking it over, I see four scenarios.

1. Two scum bussed Hiraki.

Hiraki-scum vote: prawn-town
Hiraki-bussing-scum 1 vote: Hiraki-scum
Hiraki-bussing-scum 2 vote: Hiraki-scum

In this scenario, two of Lia, WW, and Yakko would be scum. I am reading each of them to be town. I can accept that maybe one of my reads is wrong. I am highly doubtful that two of my scumreads are wrong. I therefore don't think that this scenario happened.

2. All three scum did not vote Hiraki.

Non-Hiraki-voting-scum 1 vote: prawn-town or no vote
Non-Hiraki-voting-scum 2 vote: prawn-town or no vote

I mean, this scenario is unlikely just because of the brazen "nobody vote for scum" angle. It would also mean that 2/3 of GC, Alchemist, and Narrow are scum. The Hirkai-scum wagon NKs are the only thing that supports that, but I know that I'm not scum and I really don't think Alchemist is either. If Narrow is scum, then I could see Alchemist defense of the slot being scum motivated, but I have nothing at the moment to differentiate that theory from the scenario of Alchemist-town thinking the slot is town.

3. Scum were D1 counterwagons, third scum picked one or stayed off.

Hiraki-scum vote: prawn-scum
prawn-scum vote: Hiraki-scum
third-scum vote: either buddy or no vote

In this scenario, prawn is scum with Hiraki. Third scum had to either bus or not vote either buddy.

I really, really want this to be the case, because this would perfectly match my prawn-scum and Narrow-scum hypothesis. On reviewing prawn's and vote of Hiraki, though, I just don't see it. As of the VC in (I didn't see any vote changes on a quick skim from 585 to 630), prawn had the option of joining either Hiraki, WW, or ABR, who each had two votes on him. There is, of course, the "I'm bussing my partner to get towncred" strategy, but I'm not feeling it here. prawn had three viable options, and voting WW or ABR over Hiraki would not really have netted prawn suspicion except
maybe
down the line - and, in any event, the smarter play would have been to push the momentum on a non-scum buddy.

I therefore begrudgingly admit that this is not a likely scenario.

4. One scum bussed Hiraki, one scum voted prawn-town (as counterwagon to Hiraki) or simply did not vote (because didn't want to stake a claim).

Hiraki-bussing-scum vote: Hiraki-scum
prawn-voting-scum vote: prawn-town or not voting

In this scenario, either myself, Alchemist, or Narrow/droog is scum. I know I am not scum. After rereading the game and reviewing Alchemist's ISO, I don't think he's scum either. Narrow is my biggest scumspect for reasons previously stated.

@Alchemist:
Who would be Narrow's buddy? I don't know. droog did some minimal vote hopping early game, and then focused almost exclusively on Hiraki before dropping. Narrow has made one post. I don't know how you can judge who would be Narrow's buddy - apart from Hiraki - from that slot's play.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:34 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 806, Alchemist21 wrote:We're in the day before lylo. It's time to start forming feasible scumpairs and pushing them rather than "this or that" pairs.
If you can't see a player being scum with Hiraki and one other player, then they probably aren't scum.

Also, there's a difference between "see<ing> a player being scum with Hiraki and one other player" - which to me means that there isn't a case
against
the scum team - and making an affirmative case that three players are a scum team.

I can see Hiraki, Narrow, and prawn being on a scumteam in the sense that I think it is possible. I can see Hiraki and Narrow being on a scumteam, and I don't have a strong inclination of their pairing being antithetical to any of the remaining players being joined into their ranks (except prawn, now that I've worked through his D2 vote of Hiraki).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:36 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 810, Green Crayons wrote:
I can see Hiraki, Narrow, and prawn being on a scumteam in the sense that I think it is possible.
I can see Hiraki and Narrow being on a scumteam, and I don't have a strong inclination of their pairing being antithetical to any of the remaining players being joined into their ranks (except prawn, now that I've worked through his D2 vote of Hiraki).

Fixed. I wrote that sentence before reflecting upon my recent analysis, and neglected to delete.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:41 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

^Why do you think WW is Town and why do you think his vote on Hiraki couldn't be bussing? He had very little to say about Hiraki this game and then just naked voted onto Hiraki, putting him at L-1. Pretty soon after Hiraki states he doesn't mind dying and WW says his reservations about lynching Hiraki are gone.
Whomping Willow
Whomping Willow
Goon
Whomping Willow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:51 am

I've actually spent a lot of time talking about Hiraki, initially I was scumreading him but by the end of the day my vote on him was policy/a bit of utility from lingering scumread, I was townreading both those wagonees
Whomping Willow
Whomping Willow
Goon
Whomping Willow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:52 am

In commemoration of my 100th post

A
l
c
h
e
m
i
s
t
i
s
S
c
u
m
!
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:53 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 813, Whomping Willow wrote:I've actually spent a lot of time talking about Hiraki, initially I was scumreading him but by the end of the day my vote on him was policy/a bit of utility from lingering scumread, I was townreading both those wagonees

Not really. You had more to say about him around the time you voted him, but before that it was just your spamfests and baseless assertions against RM and myself.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:58 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 743, Whomping Willow wrote:Nah Alchemist and/and random

But unless both scum bussed we can lynch down the list of Alchemist/Texcat/GC and win

In post 756, Alchemist21 wrote:VOTE: Green Canyons

L-1

After rereading Hiraki, I would lynch GC, Prawn, or Texcat. This is mainly PoE because most of the Hiraki interactions look like scum-town interactions.

In post 757, Whomping Willow wrote:Give me an O
give me a p
give me another p
give me another o
now give me an r
now give me a t
and give me a u
and now it's an n
and give me an i
and now it's an s
and now it's a t
and now one more i
And finally, a c!

What does that spell

OPPPRTUNISTIC!

In post 768, Alchemist21 wrote:UNVOTE:

I didn't realize Prawn and Texcat were on the wagon together.

Which means it's much more likely that Prawn and Texcat are scum together.

VOTE: Texcat

I think WW os Town because Hiraki seemed upset when people voted him over WW who he thought should be a policy lynch, and then he said he would ally with WW for a Yakko lynch. That doesn't read as scum-scum interaction to me.

In post 769, Alchemist21 wrote:^That's L-1 btw.

In post 770, Whomping Willow wrote:VOTE: texcat

Also this- If you were fine lynching down the line of GC, Texcat,and myself, then why did you call my L-1 vote on GC opportunistic while being perfectly fine hammering after my L-1 vote on Texcat? It doesn't add up. You, sir, are the scum.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:12 am

Post by Green Crayons »

@Alchemist:

In post 812, Alchemist21 wrote:Why do you think WW is Town and why do you think his vote on Hiraki couldn't be bussing?

I think WW is town because his vote pushes on Alchemist and random looked like OMGUS, and I think town are more likely to suspect their accusers than scum (who are more worried about being called out for OMGUSing), and because his insistent "Alchemist is Scum" in rainbow caps is not a solid scum strategy because it, at its best, only makes town annoyed with WW, which is not something scum would want to do.

That said, WW is my weakest town read out of Lia, WW, and Yakko.

I guess WW's vote could be bussing - in that it's not out of the realm of possibility, and WW/Yakko's position on the Hiraki wagon make them in the typical bus slot - but I don't see the case for it being a bus.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:14 pm

Post by NJAC »

votecount
Votecount 4.1

Alchemist21
: 1 - Whomping Willow (L-3)
Green Crayons
: 1 - prawneater (L-3)
Narrow
: 1 - Green Crayons (L-3)

Not voting
: 4 - Narrow, hi im Yakko, Alchemist21, Lia.

With 7 alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.

If you see any mistake please let me know.

The deadline is March 05 at 23:59 EST, which is in
(expired on 2015-03-05 23:59:00)
[/b].[/area]
Lia
Lia
Goon
Lia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:29 pm

Post by Lia »

I haven't had time to look at this properly today but I should be able to do it tomorrow.
Narrow
Narrow
Townie
Narrow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:57 pm

Post by Narrow »

In post 796, Green Crayons wrote:
@Narrow:
Hi, Narrow.

Why were you absent for all of D3?

Gee. I don't know. Maybe it had something to do with how long Day lasted?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:17 am

Post by Green Crayons »

lol, D3 was only one real life day? Seemed like at least two before I went back and checked.
Whomping Willow
Whomping Willow
Goon
Whomping Willow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:17 am

I'm bored, everyone vote
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:27 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

I'm waiting to hear more from Lia and Narrow. I don't want the day to end quickly like it did yesterday before they've gotten to say what they want.
Lia
Lia
Goon
Lia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:28 pm

Post by Lia »

Sorry about this, I wasn't able to do it at the weekend. I'll catch up Monday.

Return to “Completed Open Games”