Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:38 am

Post by Aristeia »

the sequence went something like

ari: hi who do you think is most likely to flip mafia?
katya: maybe shadi?

then ~8 hours later

meowmeow - votes shadi for some post - not indication she is working with you?
katya: well that was a honeypot
~7 hours pass by~
meowmeow - if shadi is mafia then katya is mafia with him!
~12 hours later~
datisi: I'm promising this is not to pocket meowmeow *vote shadi*
katya: aha that was a honeypot!

I can kind of see how they could decide its p unnatural for you to do that?

it feels kind of premature to reveal its a honeypot when there's only two votes on the player instead of letting the trap run for longer to see what else it trawls up - there's no real danger to shadi that honeypot from a game perspective since there's only 2 votes on the wagon.

are you likely to have caught scum with the first two votes? not really? for something to be a real attractive honeypot there should be votes that make it a viable elimination first and it probably would have been more interesting if the wagon had built up more.

Hence it makes sense from this perspective for meowmeow to think your intention in revealing that its a "honeypot" is not to trap the mafia but rather to prevent the shadi wagon from building up even further. like saying something is a trap is likely to dissuade people from stepping into it - a soft defense of sorts.

One thing that I did find interesting is Dunnstral's post:
In post 307, Dunnstral wrote: I like the shadi wagon more than the Datisi wagon. Yackety sax feels towny.
which came right after your honeypot post. and skimming his iso he seems to drop the shadi idea entirely and also somewhat fading from the game. so if there was anyone I'd bet on being scum who is kind of awkward around a town!shadi it would be Dunnstral.
You are always gonna be my love
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:40 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 800, Aristeia wrote: the sequence went something like

ari: hi who do you think is most likely to flip mafia?
katya: maybe shadi?

then ~8 hours later

meowmeow - votes shadi for some post - not indication she is working with you?
katya: well that was a honeypot
~7 hours pass by~
meowmeow - vote shadi - does not mention katya's post
~12 hours later~
datisi: I'm promising this is not to pocket meowmeow *vote shadi*
katya: aha that was a honeypot!
meowmeow: if shadi is scum then katya is also scum!

^
fixing this above sequence

I can kind of see how they could decide its p unnatural for you to do that?

it feels kind of premature to reveal its a honeypot when there's only two votes on the player instead of letting the trap run for longer to see what else it trawls up - there's no real danger to shadi that honeypot from a game perspective since there's only 2 votes on the wagon.

are you likely to have caught scum with the first two votes? not really? for something to be a real attractive honeypot there should be votes that make it a viable elimination first and it probably would have been more interesting if the wagon had built up more.

Hence it makes sense from this perspective for meowmeow to think your intention in revealing that its a "honeypot" is not to trap the mafia but rather to prevent the shadi wagon from building up even further. like saying something is a trap is likely to dissuade people from stepping into it - a soft defense of sorts.

One thing that I did find interesting is Dunnstral's post:
In post 307, Dunnstral wrote: I like the shadi wagon more than the Datisi wagon. Yackety sax feels towny.
which came right after your honeypot post. and skimming his iso he seems to drop the shadi idea entirely and also somewhat fading from the game. so if there was anyone I'd bet on being scum who is kind of awkward around a town!shadi it would be Dunnstral.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:42 am

Post by Aristeia »

also like I think meowmeow voting has more to do with Datisi than you ? I don't think either of them really were interacting with shadi in the mindset of katya presented us with an opportunity lets take advantage of it
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:46 am

Post by Aristeia »

kind of think you datisi and meowmeow are just all town but I could be horribly wrong because my reads are not like great d1.

I think my top suspects are just superbowl, bell, dunnstral atp
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:46 am

Post by Aristeia »

actually my reads have been p bad for a while but they are what they are
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:49 am

Post by petapan »

Vote Count 1.09
Numbers, letters, learn to spell
Nouns, and books, and show and tell

superbowl9 (4):
Aristeia, Save The Dragons, Doctor Drew, Datisi
meowmeow (3):
Shadi1337, yekaterina, The Bulge
Shadi1337 (2):
meowmeow, sheepsaysmeep
Doctor Drew (2):
Malakittens, superbowl9
Malakittens (1):
Dunnstral
Datisi (1):
Bell

With 13 alive, it's 7 to eliminate.

Deadline for Day 1 is August 22 at 6:00 PM EST.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2023-08-22 18:00:00)
free crypto
yekaterina
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: katya it she

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:00 am

Post by yekaterina »

i said i was impatient and should have waited and such, like i agree with that certainly,

but meowmeow's readslist was much later and would have had plenty time to think about further so still coming to same conclusion regarding

and only considering scum!option and no others,

like it feels like if meowmeow is town is likely following datisi's logic in terms of 'if can't follow her thought process, then a scums' which comes from datisi mostly being familiar with 2020-21 me and like, shouldn't be applicable for meowmeow? based on her own experience
Show
how to describe such velocity? how to describe this passage in the night?

after sex after coffee after everything there is to be said -- somehow i'm still alive

i know love don't last forever but i'd hoped we'd grow old even though we're not together
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:05 am

Post by Aristeia »

well if she read 1087 I would think she is familiar with your scumplay and has reason to be wary of it.

she's not really trying to get you voted off so what is the point of the read if she is mafia?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:07 am

Post by Aristeia »

what do you think of Dunnstral?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:08 am

Post by Aristeia »

his one post on shadi that was made after your honeypot post felt like it had

vibes
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:12 am

Post by Bell »

Aris, what are the current reasons you think I’m scum?
yekaterina
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:15 am

Post by yekaterina »

In post 807, Aristeia wrote: well if she read 1087 I would think she is familiar with your scumplay and has reason to be wary of it.

she's not really trying to get you voted off so what is the point of the read if she is mafia?

does me doing things that 'don't make sense' or whatever, such as with the honeypot, seem likely to come from scum!me based on that game though? or the other things she has found issue with?

like it felt to me like she was citing that game to say, 'look the things i am saying make sense, i am wary of it and everyone else should be too it just won this game' without actually taking anything from that game to apply here alignment wise

and to counter a narrative that doesn't really exist about me being town for saying vaguely towny things and such

could be longer term thing like i backburner plenty of things like that as a scums i assume meowmeow does as well could be to because finds it an easier interaction axis could be to push things in opposition to me while not trying to eliminate me, like there are plenty of options and it's probably a combination of many if she's a scums

idk i can't just start townreading everyone who pushes me at any point because they're unlikely to get me eliminated and they probably know that

and she started off townreading me in a preemptive way anyway

and much of the other things predate completion of micro 1087 so i don't know when the 'wariness' might have even started applying into thoughts if town
Show

after sex after coffee after everything there is to be said -- somehow i'm still alive

i know love don't last forever but i'd hoped we'd grow old even though we're not together
yekaterina
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:16 am

Post by yekaterina »

In post 811, yekaterina wrote: and she started off townreading me in a preemptive way anyway
well not townreading but saying something wasn't scummy, sorry
Show

Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:16 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 810, Bell wrote: Aris, what are the current reasons you think I’m scum?
I think you're not really pushing the action as much as you would be if you were town.

a lot of your posting feels dull and forced.

i think you tend to be sassier and sharper when you're town.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:18 am

Post by Bell »

I don’t really think Katya has said vaguely townie things. Mostly it’s just that they’re unique, here when they could coast and are pretty consistent with their pushes to get things moving if they can. I don’t agree with whoever said votes moving is important at this phase of the game. They’re doing enough to offset whatever effect not throwing their vote around wildly would have.
yekaterina
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:26 am

Post by yekaterina »

In post 808, Aristeia wrote: what do you think of Dunnstral?

thought a few dunnstral posts were possibly doing something i have also been doing here but both of us might be somewhat likely to consider doing as a scums as well and approach in general may be along same lines or possibly other town lines and otherwise thought the doctor drew things made sense though derived from others so could have simply been presented for scum reasons i suppose, but other reads also feel, good, to me

maybe not good as in definitely correct or anything but good as in good guy indicative
Show

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:27 am

Post by Bell »

I’ve intentionally avoided making posts that would be unproductive to conversation. I wrote them but then deleted them :oops: . It’s a sign of growth.

We’ve played together one other time, a year ago? I’m fully capable of being a smarmy wise ass as scum. It’s one of the only things that seems to translate fine between alignments.
yekaterina
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:30 am

Post by yekaterina »

In post 815, yekaterina wrote:
In post 808, Aristeia wrote: what do you think of Dunnstral?

thought a few dunnstral posts were possibly doing something i have also been doing here but both of us might be somewhat likely to consider doing as a scums as well and approach in general may be along same lines or possibly other town lines and otherwise thought the doctor drew things made sense though derived from others so could have simply been presented for scum reasons i suppose, but other reads also feel, good, to me

maybe not good as in definitely correct or anything but good as in good guy indicative

which, mm, like i do think dunnstral could easily be doing so as a scums he is quite clever,

but i do not think pushing dunnstral right now would be wise yeah
Show

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:34 am

Post by Bell »

Pushing Dunnstral is always a wise thing.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:37 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 816, Bell wrote: I’ve intentionally avoided making posts that would be unproductive to conversation. I wrote them but then deleted them :oops: . It’s a sign of growth.

We’ve played together one other time, a year ago? I’m fully capable of being a smarmy wise ass as scum. It’s one of the only things that seems to translate fine between alignments.
I think you're more polite as scum than town because you are self conscious more as scum and somewhat feel bad about it whereas when you're town you just let it fly more.

I guess maybe its just becoming more mature
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:40 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 811, yekaterina wrote: like it felt to me like she was citing that game to say, 'look the things i am saying make sense, i am wary of it and everyone else should be too it just won this game' without actually taking anything from that game to apply here alignment wise
what do you think she would be able to apply from that game to here alignment wise? I don't think its really applicable to say one things is like another thing therefore ??? just because someone is skilled does not mean they will do the same thing.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:41 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 811, yekaterina wrote: idk i can't just start townreading everyone who pushes me at any point because they're unlikely to get me eliminated and they probably know that
it doesn't have to be a townread - there are spaces between townread and scumread. saying someone is scum for scumreading you but not pushing you lacks the motive? I think its somewhat unintuitive to scumread someone without pushing them but like I don't think it makes sense to say that it leans scum on average to do so?
yekaterina
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:42 am

Post by yekaterina »

In post 818, Bell wrote: Pushing Dunnstral is always a wise thing.

sometimes it feels like maybe you see what i maybe see but through wolf eyes

that's probably best way of putting what i was trying to put earlier
Show

Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:43 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 811, yekaterina wrote: could be longer term thing like i backburner plenty of things like that as a scums i assume meowmeow does as well could be to because finds it an easier interaction axis could be to push things in opposition to me while not trying to eliminate me, like there are plenty of options and it's probably a combination of many if she's a scums
I don't think it makes sense to say because you do something as scum then someone else doing the same thing would also be scum - I'm not that familiar with meow's scum game but I don't recall her putting things to roast.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:43 am

Post by Bell »

The problem with my wit is that it comes at other people’s expense.

Example of a deleted post in response to drew saying he wanted to play mafia, not read war and peace.
“I did, one day I saw Mastina’s posts and I knew this was where I belonged. Also don’t be a baby and crack open a dictionary, you joined a game that is entirely made of words what the fuck?”

Not nice.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”