Micro 267 - Indie Game: The UPick - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:29 pm

Post by XScorpion »

MME or etl is scum. One is lying. It's that simple.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:42 pm

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 825, XScorpion wrote:MME or etl is scum. One is lying. It's that simple.
I am fine with being the lynch today. I got backed up and kind of gave up on reading around page 9. I'm not exactly thrilled with the claims as they are confusing as fuck. Somebody said something about self-insanity that made sense as far as why Eek might get false results if he's town. And then there was something about a 3rd party, but I wanted to say at the time that if that was the case there'd have been 2 kills at some point, right? Unless I missed something, there was only one last night. Although, did someone claim a blocking role of some kind?

If you want to give me a day or so, now that it's the weekend, to catch up and stuff, I can post my reads and impressions before hammer. I'd actually like to advise against going with the "if ETL town, then soandso is scum" routine. I originally thought eek was scum for trying to claim i made the kill when he didn't even have my real target, but once seeing the claims sorted that I'd missed, I need some time to think about it and actually get into this game.

Tomorrow I'm not working so I plan to finish reading the whole thread, and post my thoughts. Then you can hammer.
Art is cool.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:39 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

I'm Slenderman from Slender the eight pages.

My role pm mentions I might make people insane when I track them. It's not self inflicted insanity it clearly states my target.

I wanted to track BRO last night to confirm where he went and if he died, to know who it was that he visited and got him killed. But if I'm an insanity enabler BRO might have died when visiting a townie. I would have claimed to know that the visitee is scum. S/He would flip town and I'd get lynched as well. It is then N3 with a lot of dead townies. That's why my role would have been useless. A tracker an sich isn't useless, I know that, don't try to say that I said a tracker is useless.

During night 1 I took my chances on someone else. The person I forgot during the end of D1. And I got back two results. Cool. During the start of D1 I only claimed one investigation to see what ETL would answer. If he claimed something like cop or doc or anything that has one target per night, I would have brought up the Scorp track. But that plan went nowhere fast. If you don't get why I did that, then you're either ignorant or you're trying to discredit me.

I don't think there's a third person involved in this night result. Either ETL is scum or I turned him insane and he [sleepwalked/doesn't know he went] to desp.
Eek
!
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:54 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Vote Count 2.02

EspeciallyTheLies (2) - My Milked Eek, BROseidon
My Milked Eek (1) - EspeciallyTheLies

Not Voting (4) - Trine, Who, Turkish Van, XScorpion

7 alive, 4 to lynch.

The deadline is on January 10th, 9:00 P.M. PST.

Countdown:
(expired on 2014-01-10 21:00:00)
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:57 am

Post by Malakittens »

Actually MME the more your role comes out and it's been coming out in pieces I'm questioning it all together. You left out a vital part of your claim and just put it in your last post. You said it yourself your results are possible not to be sane, but had you been wrong about ETL and if you are both town.. We could easily lose this game. You acted like you had just a finding like a cop w/ a guilty, but you been backpedaling since Trine brought up that you called your role useless.

So which is it? Are you scum trying to bide an extra day or are you town with possibly not a sane result on another player?
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:00 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

Slenderman is a bad guy...
Art is cool.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:03 am

Post by XScorpion »

In post 830, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Slenderman is a bad guy...
Extremely valid point.
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:12 am

Post by Trine »

In post 2, Alduskkel wrote:
Current Status:
Alignments have randomly been determined
. Roles are now being created and should be done sometime on the 27th.
I don't think Slenderman being a bad guy in the game has anything to do with Eek's alignment.

Slenderman is not a character we expected if the mechanic is actually that Eek's results aren't sane.

And if he makes his target insane, then why did ETL get back a valid result on XScorp?

~ Zoya
Hydra of Amadeus, Zoya, and Pontius.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:15 am

Post by XScorpion »

In post 832, Trine wrote:
Current Status:
I don't think Slenderman being a bad guy in the game has anything to do with Eek's alignment.

Slenderman is not a character we expected if the mechanic is actually that Eek's results aren't sane.

And if he makes his target insane, then why did ETL get back a valid result on XScorp?

~ Zoya
Ah, but alignments come before roles and we gave 3 games. As a mod if I randomly determined MME was town and had to give a role, I think I'd go for the second game choice if slender was pick #1.
Turkish Van
Turkish Van
Goon
Turkish Van
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:41 am

Post by Turkish Van »

In post 829, Malakittens wrote:Actually MME the more your role comes out and it's been coming out in pieces I'm questioning it all together. You left out a vital part of your claim and just put it in your last post. You said it yourself your results are possible not to be sane, but had you been wrong about ETL and if you are both town.. We could easily lose this game. You acted like you had just a finding like a cop w/ a guilty, but you been backpedaling since Trine brought up that you called your role useless.

So which is it? Are you scum trying to bide an extra day or are you town with possibly not a sane result on another player?
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:20 am

Post by Trine »

In post 833, XScorpion wrote:
Current Status:

~ Zoya
Ah, but alignments come before roles and we gave 3 games. As a mod if I randomly determined MME was town and had to give a role, I think I'd go for the second game choice if slender was pick #1.
I don't think that's how uPicks usually work?

~ Zoya
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:45 pm

Post by Trine »

In post 833, XScorpion wrote: Ah, but alignments come before roles and we gave 3 games. As a mod if I randomly determined MME was town and had to give a role, I think I'd go for the second game choice if slender was pick #1.
The only reason we had to pick multiple games was in case our first choice was already taken. Eek's claim makes sense. Definitely more than yours does.

-Amadeus
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:41 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

In post 829, Malakittens wrote:Actually MME the more your role comes out and it's been coming out in pieces I'm questioning it all together. You left out a vital part of your claim and just put it in your last post. You said it yourself your results are possible not to be sane, but had you been wrong about ETL and if you are both town.. We could easily lose this game. You acted like you had just a finding like a cop w/ a guilty, but you been backpedaling since Trine brought up that you called your role useless.

Actually MME the more your role comes out and it's been coming out in pieces I'm questioning it all together. You left out a vital part of your claim and just put it in your last post. You said it yourself your results are possible not to be sane, but had you been wrong about ETL and if you are both town.. We could easily lose this game. You acted like you had just a finding like a cop w/ a guilty, but you been backpedaling since Trine brought up that you called your role useless.
1. I'm not backpedalling, my vote is still on ETL and it still remains there. Stop twisting the context of my speculation of my role. If I say my targets might be insane that is speculation on my role not me backpedalling.
2. I never said
my
results could be insane. I said my targets might become insane if I target them. There's a difference. It seems that ETL's result isn't insane though he has claimed there is more to his role than just a flavor cop. If he has more information, I'd like to hear it so we can determine his sanity.
3. Isn't
Eek
!
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:50 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

How did that get posted? I still have it in my submit form >_>

Expect the full post in a few.
Eek
!
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:55 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

1. I'm not backpedalling, my vote is still on ETL and it still remains there. Stop twisting the context of my speculation of my role. If I say my targets might be insane that is speculation on my role not me backpedalling.
2. I never said
my
results could be insane. I said my targets might become insane if I target them. There's a difference. It seems that ETL's result isn't insane though he has claimed there is more to his role than just a flavor cop. If he has more information, I'd like to hear it so we can determine his sanity.
3. I'm acting like a cop with a guilty? Tell me, how would you act with a tracking result to the corpse and another player (who coincidently you received a mod confirmation on during the same night?). Tell me why trying to see what your target would do/claim if you claim the corpse track is a bad thing to do? Please, I'm curious.

I'm very curious to hear how you would react. Instead here you are, egging on me. I haven't seen you post anything decent the past few pages and here you are on my case after everyone's expressed their opinion (convenient). Hoping to mislynch me and then (if he isn't scum) mislynch ETL (even more convenient). Of all the reactions to the last page or two, yours is scummy as hell. In fact it's so scummy I would even suggest etl is town because you're blatantly setting up the lynch on D3. In fact,
guys
when I flip town, lynch TV for me. That single post actually nearly convinced me ETL isn't scum.

I still am baffled by the lack of people's empathy skills in this game. Tell me how you would react to getting two tracking results while carrying the possible insanity modifier.

In post 833, XScorpion wrote:
Current Status:

~ Zoya
Hey, wise guys, the alignments are randomly determined. The mod even mentions the irony in my role pm.
Eek
!
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:02 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

In post 825, XScorpion wrote:MME or etl is scum. One is lying. It's that simple.
False dichotomy.

Already mentioned:
- other role that messes with night results
- etl involuntarily targeting other people because of my role's possible insanity modifier (not insane on my end as that would mean that I'd get no result back and not in the wording of my role pm).
Eek
!
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:42 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 824, XScorpion wrote:I'm Isaac the mailman? How the fuck does that make any flavor sense?
presumably if you were lying about your role, your flavor could also be BS?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:45 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 832, Trine wrote:And if he makes his target insane, then why did ETL get back a valid result on XScorp?
NAR?

In Death's Diner, the ability-stealing happened after cop investigates, so Metal Sonic got his ability stolen N1, but still had a cop result for that night.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:46 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 833, XScorpion wrote:Ah, but alignments come before roles and we gave 3 games. As a mod if I randomly determined MME was town and had to give a role, I think I'd go for the second game choice if slender was pick #1.
Didn't we just get our first choice games if nobody else took them?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:48 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 839, My Milked Eek wrote:I still am baffled by the lack of people's empathy skills in this game. Tell me how you would react to getting two tracking results while carrying the possible insanity modifier.
Does your role PM give you any sense of what "insanity" means, since normally it's a modifier that fucks with results, not makes you target random other people.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:50 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 840, My Milked Eek wrote:- etl involuntarily targeting other people because of my role's possible insanity modifier (not insane on my end as that would mean that I'd get no result back and not in the wording of my role pm).
Unless this is what your role PM says it does this, I don't think this is what it does. Mechanically, it should do what you speculated it would do to me if you targeted me and I hit town, even if from a flavor perspective that wouldn't quite make sense.

I still think an ETL lynch is the way to go.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:31 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

In post 844, BROseidon wrote:
In post 839, My Milked Eek wrote:I still am baffled by the lack of people's empathy skills in this game. Tell me how you would react to getting two tracking results while carrying the possible insanity modifier.
Does your role PM give you any sense of what "insanity" means, since normally it's a modifier that fucks with results, not makes you target random other people.
No. It says something along the lines of "making people insane". I tried to get extra information from the mod but he said nothing helpful (I can't paraphrase what he said without quoting him =/ It's too simple English to try and find substitutes without quoting it.)
Eek
!
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:49 am

Post by XScorpion »

BROseidon wrote:
In post 824, XScorpion wrote:I'm Isaac the mailman? How the fuck does that make any flavor sense?
presumably if you were lying about your role, your flavor could also be BS?
This requires ETL to be scum too.
Trine wrote:
In post 833, XScorpion wrote: Ah, but alignments come before roles and we gave 3 games. As a mod if I randomly determined MME was town and had to give a role, I think I'd go for the second game choice if slender was pick #1.
The only reason we had to pick multiple games was in case our first choice was already taken. Eek's claim makes sense. Definitely more than yours does.

-Amadeus
Didn't know this. And that's nice. Do you think I'm scum?
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:15 pm

Post by Trine »

No.
XScorpion
XScorpion