Jack of All Trades

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:24 pm

Post by catboi »

Vote Count 3.03

It's the way that you feel
It's the truth in your eye
You got wings upon your back and you can fly

Not Voting (7):
Fredrick A Campbell, JohnnyFarrar, Malakittens, MathBlade, MegAzumarill, Not Known 15, Roden

With 7 alive, it's 4 to eliminate.

Deadline for Day 3 is October 16 at 12:30 PM EDT.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-10-16 12:30:00)
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:52 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Ngl I don’t really care about this game anymore: every single time I have played with math with the expection of one game, he’s been scum and used that to miselim
Me and I’m kinda lowkey sick of it.

Also nk with the whole omg these players are solving but these aren’t when I was solving d2 with a huge fucking post which tbh I might never do as scum. I think I have maybe done that once as scum.

But whatever

Not remembering that nk clears Fred & math doesn’t make me scum
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:13 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Uhm..I am actively NOT pushing you right now?

I could have easily just tunnelled you if scum and you town?

Like I get I have been scum a lot previously but I rarely if ever push you ask scum because comparatively you’re inactive?

Wtf Mala?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:14 pm

Post by MathBlade »

All I am asking for is reads. Who you think CL is and why? Who do you think is cult?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:59 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 809, MathBlade wrote:I especially want to see what Roden proposes and to take an actual stance on something.

Roden I am pretty sure is scum here.
?

I gave my reads and what I think the team is and what the order of recruitment. Claiming that I've proposed nothing and have no actual stances is just, bewilderingly wrong here. Right now I'm just waiting for Johnny to catch up since I don't see any particular reason to argue with anyone that is obviously cult, because you're pretty much my only town read talking right now.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:03 pm

Post by Roden »

The only thing I'm interested in talking about right now while we wait is your paranoia on me, because we literally just lose if you pivot onto me.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:07 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 830, Roden wrote:The only thing I'm interested in talking about right now while we wait is your paranoia on me, because we literally just lose if you pivot onto me.
I am building a heat map of who suspects who.

Serves me well in dance games.

Right now the overwhelming consensus is Mala

Which means if Mala is cult leader scum are staging for another day

And if she’s not they’re close to winning.

Since I am known to be town I am just plotting every possibility.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:30 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 829, Roden wrote:
In post 809, MathBlade wrote:I especially want to see what Roden proposes and to take an actual stance on something.

?

I gave my reads and what I think the team is and what the order of recruitment. Claiming that I've proposed nothing and have no actual stances is just, bewilderingly wrong here. Right now I'm just waiting for Johnny to catch up since I don't see any particular reason to argue with anyone that is obviously cult, because you're pretty much my only town read talking right now.
Who are your townreads that aren't talking?
Imprefection is the spice of life.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:41 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Spoiler:
In post 422, Roden wrote:I don't buy Drapion's WIFOM and I think he spewed Math town, and I doubt he'd be recruited with how strongly he was getting scum read yesterday.
@Roden
These ideas seem incongruous to me? Like do you think scum were banking on Drap's wifom being effective and thus didn't recruit him with the intention of mislimming him?
_
In post 423, MathBlade wrote:I kinda think Elements makes a good CL but the fact I wasn’t culted means scum might hope I tunnel elements.

I kinda want to see how people open.
These two posts back to back make Math seem like a really important pivot point in scum's decision making, and like... I don't see it?
_
In post 428, MathBlade wrote:Roden you may be right and Mala scum but she makes more sense as cult not CL.

I don’t think a CL quick hammers their only buddy like that.
@Math
why to both of these? I disagree with both points
_

does this weird thing for me. Mala is a hard read after d1 because I absolutely think they're scum here, but did they start posting actual content because they were recruited? Or because they were the only scum left? They have good reasons for TRing Roden tho.
_
In post 452, MathBlade wrote:Where are elements and NK15?
Math posting like a shark here. Seems almost predatory. This activity fishing was not present d1. Or at least not with Mala.
_

Elements push on Fred in is solid.
_
In post 460, Not Known 15 wrote:Campbell isn't CL. This only leaves one candidate. Meg.
Unsupported statements!
_
In post 469, MathBlade wrote:MegAzumarill — eliminated as CL
Malakittens
Roden
MathBlade — me not scum
Elements — established unlikely
ProfessorDrapion — Flipped cult
Fredrick A Campbell
Gamma Emerald — established unlikely
Not Known 15 — established unlikely

This is the pool I see for possible CLs right now.

I strongly disagree with taking Roden out of this pool.

However if after my case you find that Roden is not the CL I will vote somewhere else in my pool.
Mala, Roden, Fred. We're on the same page. Maybe I'm just paranoid.
_

is way more confident about Drapions flailings than I think is reasonable. He made sure to mention everybody, not really sure how Math can say anything about anybody there.
_
In post 472, MathBlade wrote:Nothing is striking me now which makes me think he failed the convert.
So again, confident without cause. You've already claimed VT so it's not even you speaking from a place of privileged knowledge. This post sent me on a wild goose chase trying to figure out this setup that only made me frustrated. Could just be that I'm vaguely aware of a cop claim in my future but idk.
_

This Math/Roden back and forth on page 20 looks a bit contrived from Math as Roden seems really reasonable. Meg seems to see that as well.
_

Oh shit it gets worse
_

is really compelling and I can see why Elements got voted out with a case like this.
_
In post 522, Malakittens wrote:VOTE: elements

Peac out bro
I might be confbiased on Mala here because I read a lot of glee here
_
In post 549, Not Known 15 wrote: Me:Scumcase against Math,pointing to Elements as scum, too.
Math:"I think the argument I am the recruit is horribly flawed "
Does this look like a town reaction to you?
I get thinking this way, especially late in the day when you think you have a slam dunk case, but sometimes people just be busy
_

is why I stopped wall posting, people get into hyper specifics and it looks demanding. No thanks.
_

Bbl gonna go watch X with the missus
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:49 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 817, MathBlade wrote:
In post 815, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 814, MathBlade wrote:I want to see Johnny/Fred and Roden and Mala give actual reads before we vote.

Because if that’s the team no matter how improbable I feel that is then they need to give reads.

I don’t think Mala who has been inactive overrides Roden as to who the cop is. Which makes NK15 not culted odd in an NK15 town world.

I am trying to figure out mechanically how things work.

The solutions I have either work by play but require mech actions out of character for the party
Or mech actions that work but don’t match play.
Mala not overriding Roden? But if Mala is CL then recruitment is her decision alone. It makes Roden CL unlikely, but not Mala CL.
Mala and Roden if Roden was recruited N1 would have had a night chat (op says day chat but night chat is standard) this means if Roden was scum in that world Roden would have said “Convert NK15 he is the cop because (reason). Mala would have had to disregard this despite her claim she’s hella busy.”

The argument doesn’t line up. So I want to solve that discongruence
Hella busy or not, Mala did think that Fred was PR at least. But I guess with Mala being busy it's also possible that she missed the Night 1 convert and it is just her and Fred.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:50 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 832, MegAzumarill wrote:

?

Johnny's overextended catch-up isn't doing much to address the current game state. Fred is also barely here; I'm pretty certain he isn't CL due to how NK15 played around him and my belief that NK15 was not recruited N1.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:08 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 834, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 817, MathBlade wrote:
In post 815, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 814, MathBlade wrote:I want to see Johnny/Fred and Roden and Mala give actual reads before we vote.

Because if that’s the team no matter how improbable I feel that is then they need to give reads.

I don’t think Mala who has been inactive overrides Roden as to who the cop is. Which makes NK15 not culted odd in an NK15 town world.

I am trying to figure out mechanically how things work.

The solutions I have either work by play but require mech actions out of character for the party
Or mech actions that work but don’t match play.
Mala not overriding Roden? But if Mala is CL then recruitment is her decision alone. It makes Roden CL unlikely, but not Mala CL.
Mala and Roden if Roden was recruited N1 would have had a night chat (op says day chat but night chat is standard) this means if Roden was scum in that world Roden would have said “Convert NK15 he is the cop because (reason). Mala would have had to disregard this despite her claim she’s hella busy.”

The argument doesn’t line up. So I want to solve that discongruence
Hella busy or not, Mala did think that Fred was PR at least. But I guess with Mala being busy it's also possible that she missed the Night 1 convert and it is just her and Fred.
I do not think a convert would be missed

I am more saying that Mala+Roden would be a divisive combo based on what they’ve posted.

They aren’t posting the same ideas.

So mainly if NK15 to not be converted in a Roden scum world that would be an argument between Roden and X.

The alternative would be Roden using hindsight

I just don’t think Mala argues with Roden based on her lack of activity and business IRL. So Mala Roden NK15 makes more sense to me or dropping Roden off entirely or Mala off.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:09 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 835, Roden wrote:
In post 832, MegAzumarill wrote:

?

Johnny's overextended catch-up isn't doing much to address the current game state. Fred is also barely here; I'm pretty certain he isn't CL due to how NK15 played around him and my belief that NK15 was not recruited N1.
I am going to be pretty quiet tomorrow first time out of the house in a few months. So if I am quiet that’s why.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:18 pm

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

I believe that Malakittens is most likely the Cult Leader. Here's what I will be doing. Looking at every other player and estimating how likely the hypotheses that the player is Cult Leader is.

I propose other players attempt to do the same. The player which is most likely Cult Leader should be the best choice from your perspective.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:21 pm

Hypotheses become more likely the more the attempts to disprove them fail.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:27 pm

hutmeil was barely around before getting replaced - null
MathBlade in day 1 appeared to attempt to be posting - more likely to come from town
Stopped before MathBlade's 218

Postscript: I am very glad I made myself fulfil my obligations for today a few days ago. I will look at my future obligations to make sure I can continue doing this.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:27 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 839, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:Hypotheses become more likely the more the attempts to disprove them fail.
I mean no but thats not particularly relevant right now so w/e
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:27 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

At least in the context of mafia
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:31 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Realistically the chopping block should be between Fred and Mala.
The possibility of Mala is certainly more likely if but for the options of Fred!CL requires a n1 Nk15 recruit which feels less likely but not unreasonable
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:12 am

Post by Malakittens »

Here's the thing

You all should be concerned with the decent number of people scum reading me in ELO. THAT should be a red-flag because scum is less likely to bus this close to a win
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:25 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 844, Malakittens wrote:Here's the thing

You all should be concerned with the decent number of people scum reading me in ELO. THAT should be a red-flag because scum is less likely to bus this close to a win
Ok but like I think those players are town though?

Fred/Math/NK/Me as the four townies makes a lot of sense here
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:26 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

And even if NK is scum with you as cl its not a horrible bus for them here
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:35 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

For the most part I think these popins with what seems like a new angle of defensive each time reflect poorly on Mala's alignment. I feel like if she's town here she is at threat of losing right here and now and yet I don't see the action thise stakes would prompt
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:22 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Idk man if I were scum I'd bus Mala at this point.
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:25 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Sorry I’m honestly not dealing with another two days of this shif when we all know I’m going to be mistimed regardless and apparently the town jsut can’t give zero fucks and in over it

VOTE: Mala

If the last scum is roden as the CL then good job buddy, good job

Return to “Completed Open Games”