JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:52 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Hammer? Gross. If jeck flips town this game just got a hell of a lot harder. But he probably won't.
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
jeck
jeck
Townie
jeck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:08 am

Post by jeck »

quick post before I die, sry if I were an asshole against some of you I just get mad and I think u will understand why once I flip town. and GG nsjoseph you played us really well I think.

It was a tough game as hell and now it becomes even tougher :)

GG
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:46 am

Post by njoseph »

It possibly would have been easier, guys, if you weren't a wall of votes on jeck's wagon with no turning back apparently and voted what may have after all been a somewhat better lynch, N.S, instead.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:56 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 850, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Hammer? Gross. If jeck flips town this game just got a hell of a lot harder. But he probably won't.

A bit of a reserved reaction after threatening to throw the computer d2 if elscouta flips dietician. Njoseph if town just won the game for scum. :roll:

In post 852, njoseph wrote:It possibly would have been easier, guys, if you weren't a wall of votes on jeck's wagon with no turning back apparently and voted what may have after all been a somewhat better lynch, N.S, instead.

So you're now admitting it your scum? Wtf was the previous pages for then?

Still in evening so lets get some predictions down before game ends, Going on the theory SK was hit n1 and no power roles left d3:
njoseph + nobody special/JF mafia team
voided/reverend the SK
malakitten + voided/reverend - Vig
havingfitz a town PR
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:59 am

Post by Tazaro »

In post 853, SafetyDance wrote:

In post 852, njoseph wrote:It possibly would have been easier, guys, if you weren't a wall of votes on jeck's wagon with no turning back apparently and voted what may have after all been a somewhat better lynch, N.S, instead.

So you're now admitting it your scum?

What are you talking about?
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:06 am

Post by SafetyDance »

Ffs. You just said it would have been easier if there weren't others on the wagon. Read what you write.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:09 am

Post by Tazaro »

I was speaking from what is easier from my point of view. My point of view is that N.S. may have been a somewhat better lynch to get scum, and therefore I think the game would be easier if HE were the lynch of today. But people were like a wall on jeck/
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:33 am

Post by SafetyDance »

"Like I wall' Lmao you didn't even bother asking someone to unvote or reconsider.

If you are town, you can't even comprehend what you did handed scum the game and you don't even realise what account you are on. No point trying to rationale with you. Hurry up triangle.
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:09 am

Post by njoseph »

Oops for the wrong account posting
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:11 am

Post by njoseph »

I wonder if Penguin has anything to say.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:59 am

Post by penguin_alien »

:headdesk: penguin_alien thinks that if you're town, you made a very bad play. If you're scum of either flavor, you probably set yourself up very nicely. So basically, what SafetyDance has been telling you for about two pages now. Aren't you glad you asked?
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:13 am

Post by njoseph »

N.S.? Anything to say?
triangle123
triangle123
Goon
triangle123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:52 pm

Post by triangle123 »

Votecount 3.4
jeck (4): JohnnyFarrar, penguin_alien, Nobody Special, njoseph

Nobody Special (2)
: njoseph, jeck
Not voting
: SafetyDance

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-01-15 19:00:00). With 6 players, it's 4 to lynch.

A lynch has been reached. Scene and flip incoming.
triangle123
triangle123
Goon
triangle123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:54 pm

Post by triangle123 »

jeck struggled as the other citizens pulled him to the center of the town square, and began flailing even harder when the lynching rope was shoved in full view for him. "Stop it! Please!" he shrieked, tears threatening to spill over the corners of his eyes.

They continued to streak down his cheeks even when he hang limply from a tree branch, rope secured around his throat.

jeck was a
Vanilla Townie

Night 3

All players have 72 hours from this post to submit night actions.

(expired on 2013-01-10 18:55:00) remaining.
triangle123
triangle123
Goon
triangle123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:32 pm

Post by triangle123 »

Three citizens dragged themselves, exhausted to the center square, and looked around questioningly. The two missing bodies were immediately obvious: SafetyDance and JohnnyFarrar.

But no one could find them.

Day 4

Votecount 4.1
Not voting
: penguin_alien, Nobody Special, njoseph

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-01-24 19:33:00). With 3 players, it's 2 to lynch.
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:39 pm

Post by njoseph »

Heh, a trio.
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:41 pm

Post by njoseph »

Remember, no voting off the bat. Be back in the morning.
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:43 pm

Post by njoseph »

But I assume we're smart enough here not to vote so soon.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:48 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

I hate this. Minimal flip info, and now I have to go back and re-read the whole f^^%%^ing game.

Argh.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:43 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

I’ll be over here trying to get past the irony of you telling us not to vote too quickly, njoseph.

Done with that. Now please bear with me as I wall-post.

OK, there’s a bit of good news along with some not-so-great news.

Good news: I know we’re not in a Mafia-SK-townie situation because I’m the vig and I hit the SK night 2—the Malakittens-Buckwild slot. I apologize to whichever one of you is my fellow townie for not being a bit more obvtown this game, but given that I have a slight history of being NK’d by scum for seeming like a PR even when I’m a VT, I really didn’t want to run the risk of being targeted for the NK when I actually had a PR. When I replaced in, I’d just finished playing a game with Buckwild and he played very differently as town there (for the record I realize he doesn’t have an extensive record, but he was VT in our mutual game and a town PR in another; the change in his depth of posting and willingness to provide reads was noticeable here). Which made me suspicious of his slot, so I took a shot at it night 1. Obviously it didn’t turn up dead, and while I figured there was about a 10% shot it was because of the roleblocker, I figured it was more likely that I’d set off the SK’s one-shot bulletproofness, given that I had a non-random scummy read on the slot. So I aimed at Malakittens night 2 and learned that she was the SK. She conveniently had gone after Voidedmafia that night, and he was in her body list as a Mafia goon. Malakittens also had havingfitz on her list, but Voidedmafia had no kills.

So then we got to Day Three and I was hoping that we could string up the last Mafia to win—obviously that didn’t happen, but it did mean that we were going into night 3 with a maximum of two kills with the SK accounted for. At this point I could have no-killed, but that would have risked sending us into day 4 with four people, resulting in a mislynch taking us down to three and a possible Mafia win overnight (since I would have likely claimed at that point anyways and thus become the NK target of choice). Plus the possibility remained that all the other PRs had died/would die, which would mean that if I were the NK target, the last Mafia would get all my info and the town would know nothing. At least if I took a shot, I’d have an informed chance of hitting the last Mafia and in the event that I survived the night, the worst the town could do would be to draw if we had two distinct kills.

Here’s the not-so-great news: when I learned that Voidedmafia was Mafia and didn’t have anyone on his kill list, I figured either his partner made the night 1 kill and overlapped with the SK or he was blocked. Again, there was around a 10% shot of any random person being RB’d, and since the SK had found havingfitz worthy of a NK, it stood to reason that the Mafia did as well. Which would imply that Voidedmafia didn’t do the kill because he and his partner agreed that he (Voidedmafia) was the scummier of the two. Then he didn’t have TheReverend on his kill list either (the only body unaccounted for from my perspective on night 2, thus the Mafia kill), which further encouraged me to suspect that his partner might be someone clean enough to gamble on having perform the kill twice. Which left me looking at JohnnyFarrar as the only person who was less scummy than Voidedmafia of everyone still in play (keep in mind that as of day 1, njoseph had taken some heat for his opening play, SafetyDance had accumulated some small wagons, and Nobody Special had a very low post-count). ISOing him and Voidedmafia showed a lot of interaction without much content to it. By which I mean, quoting each other, asking for opinions from one another, etc., but not much in the way of reads or pressure. So I took my shot.

Unfortunately I was wrong and JohnnyFarrar wasn’t the last Mafia, hence our being here at the end of the game with one more Mafia to find (I don’t know if it can be called LyLo, since as long as I can take a shot at night, worst-case scenario is that we draw).

That brings me to figuring out which of you is Mafia. (next post, because even I’m getting tired of reading this wall)
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:21 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Until last day phase with njoseph’s quickhammer, I would have put my money on Nobody Special as scum if forced to pick between Nobody Special and njoseph. Now, last Mafia standing knew in day 3 that his partner was dead and that three kills had been made. If njoseph was Mafia and was willing to gamble that all three killers had survived night 2 and would kill in an optimal way, he could have figured he’d wake up day 4 with one other survivor who was a non-killing townie. That would involve a lot of luck, and even one instance of double-targeting would leave him in a lynchable spot on day 4 with a lot of suspicion on him for quickhammering. Plus he had to hope he would dodge a vig kill.

All of this seems like a lot for him to hope for, even taking into account the aspersions SafetyDance cast on his play during twilight last day phase. His quickhammer was bad play from a town perspective and I stand by that, but it was actually pretty bad scum play as well for a one-man Mafia. Then there’s the problem that Voidedmafia went after njoseph fairly hard on day 1, which is in turn mitigated by the fact that scum apparently have daytalk in this set-up that would allow them to plan out arguments and counter-arguments.

On to Nobody Special. He puts down a fuzzy town read on Voidedmafia, but there’s just generally not a lot to go on. I’d quote parts of his postings, but since it literally takes me less than 60 seconds to read his entire ISO, it really comes down to whether I think njoseph is scummier than the null read that is Nobody Special.

I’m leaning toward Nobody Special being Voidedmafia’s partner, but we have some time to figure things out.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:40 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

I have a headache, so much of what you just typed doesn't even parse. I'll have to re-read it either later tonight or tomorrow night.

If what you say is true, I'll be voting njoseph.

A quick check of my iso shows I was suspicious of VM and thinking penguin was town, so this is good.

Penguin, could I ask a favor? Could you list your kills in a short list? They're embedded in that wall and hard to pick out. Thanks!
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:02 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Sure.

I attempted to kill Buckwild-Malakittens night 1; no body
I attempted to kill Buckwild-Malakittens night 2; SK body
I attempted to kill JohnnyFarrar night 3; town body
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:19 am

Post by njoseph »

Nobody Special looks like it to me.

The only problem is if P.A. is actually a killing role that killed other killing role(s or something. I wouldn't know 100%
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:12 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Tell you what, here's a partial freebie: JohnnyFarrar was a town PR--if I was scum looking for a fakeclaim to ride out this day phase or even get my choice of targets strung up, I could have snagged his role and dodged the inevitable 'scum dressed as vig' speculation. Obviously I can't prove this, but with 20/20 hindsight it explains why he was so apathetic about your quickhammer relative to his reaction to Elscouta's lynch at the end of last day phase, njoseph; probably trying to dodge a scum NK.

Unless anyone has something to claim, I'd like to hear why I should believe that one of you is town over the other beyond PoE from your respective points of view.

Return to “Completed Open Games”