Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia (Game Over)

KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9150 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:42 am

Post by KingdomAces »

TSO.

It was obvious that there was only 1 or 2 scum left, and that they had literally nowhere to hide from us three. That doesn't mean that we were conftown to anyone else. Everything that you were trying to do, like shooting Bulba/Nero when the entire town was calling for Nati's death and Bulba claimed he would track Nero that night, would have only lead you one place. The noose. I likely wouldn't be far behind you no matter what I did. That could have actually caused us to lose, which otherwise would be physically impossible.

I don't remember any other specific examples for the moment, but at the very least on three separate occasions I couldn't stop myself from making a post in my personal QT about how angry I was at you. That's not even including the one actual content post I made there late in the game, which I feel like quoting part of here. This was posted before the PV lynch went through.
My PQT wrote:I actually have a townread on PV right now, but I just don't see any other lynches being helpful at the moment. I was going to suggest killing PA during the night, because that frees us up to lynch Bulba tomorrow after he gets one more result. I can't suggest lynching PA now, because then I wouldn't have reasonable grounds to hold back TSO from yelling nonsense in the QT all night, even if Beast is smart enough not to listen to it. Also because as long as we don't make it clear that we want Bulba lynched tomorrow, there's still a chance scum will kill him if he's actually town.
About , I might as well say this: I actually kind of wanted to lynch you just for the satisfaction of it, even though I was fairly sure you were town. (Which based on what the actual scumbaby mechanic was, it was actually a faulty assumption on my part.) Either way, I wouldn't have allowed that unless PA agreed to get quicklynched the next day immediately after posting her result, which would still have ended in a town win, which was all I cared about.

I don't know. I'm probably the one in the wrong here, but even if I ever do get back to playing mafia, I'm never playing with you again.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9151 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:29 am

Post by T S O »

Yeah, you are.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #9152 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:58 pm

Post by Titus »

Sorry for sucking. Glad we won though. Why didn't I flip?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9153 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:47 am

Post by T S O »

Well, only dead janitored roles were flipped.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #9154 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:05 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 9121, T S O wrote:
In post 9119, KingdomAces wrote:Yeah you were more vocal, but that was only after Bulba was dead. Even then, just look at the votecounts. I voted PA before you did even though I am usually incredibly reluctant to vote people. This whole time I actually thought that PAscum was the one thing I actually managed to get through to you about, but apparently it turns out you never even read a single post I made.
Could you explain how you "didn't agree with a single thing I posted this game?"

Because for me, it's "I don't remember a single thing you posted this game."
^ Truth, and re: ffery's comment about the traction you didn't gain - I don't think penguin or I were very surprised. You just weren't really a "presence" in the game... I dunno how else to describe it.

lol Ceph, you troll
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #9155 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:45 am

Post by Titus »

In post 9153, T S O wrote:Well, only dead janitored roles were flipped.
I meant postgame flip.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #9156 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:45 am

Post by Cephrir »

BulbaFenix wrote:
"Practical use is not my concern. I conduct experiments to uncover natural truths."

Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, BulbaFenix. You are
Miriel, Town Female Childbearer Historian

Abilities:
Proposee
(passive): As a female, during the day you may receive proposals from male players. If you do, I will notify you of this and tell you the screen name (not rolename) of the proposer. You will have the rest of the day, plus the first 24 hours of night, to decide whether to accept. If you do, the two of you become a neighborhood.

Childbearer
(passive): If you successfully marry another player, your child, Laurent, will enter the game the following day and join your family neighborhood.

Historian
(active, night): You are constantly doing research, not just on the mysteries of reality but also on your friends and enemies. At night, you may choose a player and a Night other than the current one (so on Night 4, for instance, you could choose Night 1, 2 or 3). You will learn whom, if anyone, that player targeted on the Night in question (so you are essentially a retroactive tracker).

You win when all threats to Ylisse have been eliminated. The thread is here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31053

You may confirm now via PM or in thread once I unlock it.
GCBC wrote:
"Why can't I ever win the girl? I got devilish good looks, the strength of an ogre, and the charm of a fancy noble!"

Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, GoodCop_BadCop. You are
Vaike, Town Male Vanilla

Abilities:
Proposer
(active, day): As a male, once each day you may propose to another player by PMing me. If the player you choose is Female, they will be notified of this proposal and be told your username (not rolename). They will have the rest of the day, plus the first 24 hours of Night, to decide whether or not to accept your offer. If they accept, the two of you become a neighborhood. If your proposal is not accepted, you will not learn why not (whether they denied the proposal or weren't eligible). There is no polygamy in this universe.

You are very strong and a force to be reckoned with, but unfortunately you seem to have misplaced your axe again. As such, your only other powers are your voice and your vote.

You win when all threats to Ylisse have been eliminated. The thread is here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31053

You may confirm via PM now or via thread once I open it.
Calcifer wrote:
"You're extremely expressive. You treat every person you meet fairly and equally. Your cheery disposition spreads to all those around you. You are ever true to yourself. I would gladly trade any element of my appearance for that beauty in your heart." -Libra

Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, Calcifer. You are
Lissa, Town Female Childbearer Doctor

Abilities:
Proposee
(passive): As a female, during the day you may receive proposals from male players. If you do, I will notify you of this and tell you the screen name (not rolename) of the proposer. You will have the rest of the day, plus the first 24 hours of night, to decide whether to accept. If you do, the two of you become a neighborhood.

Childbearer
(passive): If you successfully marry another player, your child, Owain, will enter the game the following day and join your family neighborhood.

Doctor
(active, night): You are adept in the healing arts. At night, you may protect a player with your trusty healing staff. The first kill attempt on that player for the night will fail, but since you aren't all that powerful yet, you cannot protect from two attacks on the same night. You may not protect yourself.

TSO wrote:
"I'm sorry, did you just shriek at me like some kind of ill-mannered lout?"

Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, T S O. You are
Maribelle, Town Female Childbearer

Abilities:
Proposee

Childbearer
(passive): If you successfully marry another player, your child, Brady, will enter the game the following day and join your family neighborhood.

You are a troubadour and are familiar with healing magic, but unfortunately are not very good at it despite the regal airs you put on. As such, your only other abilities are your voice and your vote.

Jason/RBD wrote:
"Do you need a death curse? Please say you need a death curse."

Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, JasonWazza. You are
Henry, Town Male Vanilla

Abilities:
Proposer
(active, day): As a male, once each day you may propose to another player by PMing me. If the player you choose is Female, they will be notified of this proposal and be told your username (not rolename). They will have the rest of the day, plus the first 24 hours of Night, to decide whether or not to accept your offer. If they accept, the two of you become a neighborhood. If your proposal is not accepted, you will not learn why not (whether they denied the proposal or weren't eligible). There is no polygamy in this universe.

Unfortunately, your only real power is to harm, and you don't think indiscriminately cursing your fellows will endear them to you. As such, your only other powers are your voice and your vote.

Nati wrote:
"I count myself an expert in music, astrology, cuisine, art, and more besides! How might humble Virion assist the lovely and talented Cordelia? She whose wisdom and knowledge are sung by bards throughout all of Ylisse!"

Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, Natirasha. You are Virion,
Town Male Multiproposer

Abilities:
Proposer

Multiproposer
(active, day): You are so obsessed with women, you can hardly glimpse one without proposing to her on the spot. As such, you have the ability to make two proposals each day. Your second proposal will occur at the lynch scene, giving the recipient 24 hours to decide. Naturally, if the first has already been accepted, this will not occur.

Maki wrote:
"Y-you are very kind. But I'm so clumsy, and there's still much that I have to learn."

Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, Makiavel. You are
Olivia, Town Female Childbearer

Abilities:
Proposee

Childbearer
(passive): If you successfully marry another player, your child, Inigo, will enter the game the following day and join your family neighborhood.

Unfortunately, your dancing prowess won't be much use in determining the identities of the enemies of Ylisse. As such, your only other powers are your voice and your vote.

Rift wrote:Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, Rift Adrift. You are
Cherche, Town Female Childbearer

Abilities:
Proposee

Childbearer
(passive): If you successfully marry another player, your child, Gerome, will enter the game the following day and join your family neighborhood.

Unfortunately, you seem to have become separated from Minerva, your faithful wyvern. As such, your only other powers are your voice and your vote.

DH wrote:
“Human bonds are leaves in the wind. They offer you nothing.”

Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, Doomed Hyrule. You are
Validar, Grimleal Mafia Male Goon

You are a member of the Grimleal Mafia. Your fellow mafia members are
Baltimorons
(The Hierophant, Grimleal Mafia Female Childbearer Neighborizer),
Shadi1337
(Gangrel, Grimleal Mafia Male Night 1 Vig), and
notscience
(Aversa, Grimleal Mafia Female Optional Childbearer).

Abilities:
Proposer

Grimleal Devotion
(active, night, collective): Each night, you and your co-conspirators may send one of your number to murder those who oppose Grima's rebirth.

Grimleal Convocation
(passive): You may speak with your co-conspirators at Night and during pregame in this QuickTopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/4YFudTq3ERSU

Grimleal Corruption
(active, night, collective, 1-shot): As a group, you have the ability to corrupt one child produced by a marriage that includes one of you. You will be notified of the rolenames of any and all children that will be produced by marriages that include one of you and will be given the choice to convert one of those children to the Mafia. If The Hierophant dies before giving birth to Morgan, you gain an extra shot of this ability. This cannot be prevented in any way and is not a normal night action.

You win when
more than 50%
of remaining players are Grimleal. The thread is here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31053

You may confirm via PM now or via thread when I open it.

In addition, I will be sending a followup PM with fakeclaims for your team.
NS wrote:
“I'm not completely cruel, you know. Come, I have a kiss for each of you...”

Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, notscience. You are
Aversa, Grimleal Mafia Female Optional-Childbearer

Baltimorons (The Hierophant, Grimleal Mafia Female Childbearer Neighborizer), Doomed Hyrule (Validar, Grimleal Mafia Male Goon), and Shadi1337 (Gangrel, Grimleal Mafia Male Night 1 Vig)

Abilities:
Proposee

Optional-Childbearer
(semi-passive, any time): You have kidnapped Nowi and hold her under your spell. If you successfully enter into a marriage, you may choose to impersonate Nowi and force her to carry your husband's child. Naturally, he will not be aware of this. If you do this, Nowi's child, Nah, will enter the game the following Day. However, since the child will not be Grimleal-aligned unless you use Grimleal Corruption on her, you may also choose not to produce Nah.

Grimleal Devotion
(active, night, collective): Each night, you and your co-conspirators may send one of your number to murder those who oppose Grima's rebirth.

Grimleal Convocation
(passive): You may speak with your co-conspirators at Night in this QuickTopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/4YFudTq3ERSU

Grimleal Corruption
(active, night, collective, 1-shot): As a group, you have the ability to corrupt one child produced by a marriage that includes one of you. You will be notified of the rolenames of any and all children that will be produced by marriages that include one of you and will be given the choice to convert one of those children to the Mafia. If The Hierophant dies before giving birth to Morgan, you gain an extra shot of this ability. This cannot be prevented in any way and is not a normal night action.

You win when more than 50% of remaining players are Grimleal. The thread is here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31053

In addition, I will be sending a followup PM with fakeclaims for your team.
Balti wrote:
"..."

Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, Baltimorons. You are
The Hierophant, Grimleal Mafia Female Childbearer Neighborizer

You are a member of the Grimleal Mafia. Your fellow mafia members are Doomed Hyrule (Validar, Grimleal Mafia Male Goon), Shadi1337 (Gangrel, Grimleal Mafia Male Night 1 Vig), and notscience (Aversa, Grimleal Mafia Female Optional Childbearer).

Abilities:
Proposee

Childbearer
(passive): If you successfully marry another player, your child, Morgan, will enter the game the following day and join your family neighborhood. Unlike most other children, Morgan is automatically evil and will join the Grimleal Mafia upon birth.

Neighborizer
(passive, night): You have an uncanny ability to befriend anyone and everyone you encounter and engage them in deep conversation. Or at least, the person you're pretending to be does, so you're going to have to do your damnedest to imitate that. As such, each night you may form a neighborhood with a player of your choosing. Each neighborhood you form will be separate, so you may wind up having a lot of talking to do! Using this ability prevents you from carrying out the kill unless you are the last mafia member standing.

Grimleal Devotion

Grimleal Convocation
(passive): You may speak with your co-conspirators at Night in this QuickTopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/4YFudTq3ERSU

Grimleal Corruption

You win when more than 50% of remaining players are Grimleal. The thread is here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31053

In addition, I will send a followup PM with fakeclaims for your team (although I think you can probably guess yours :P ).
Nero wrote:
Libra
: "I suppose it's because I'm not used to it. I've spent so much of my life trying to avoid simple human contact. Now the slightest touch makes my nervous system go into convulsions."

Nowi
: "But why do you avoid touching people? Don't you like hugs even?"

Libra
: "I suppose it's because I lost the ability to trust people and so... feared them instead."

Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, Nero Cain. You are
Libra, Town Male Jailkeeper

Abilities:
Proposer

Jailkeeper
(active, night): You are an experienced priest, and some might say saint. You possess a Rescue staff, which will allow you to teleport a target to you for safekeeping. Any attempt on that player's life tonight will fail due to your protection, but your Rescuing will also prevent the target from reaching any destination they might have had (thus roleblocking them). You may not target yourself.

You may confirm via PM now or via thread when I unlock it.
PV wrote:
Tharja
: "...! The last person who snuck up on me like that isn't a person anymore. How do you stay so quiet? Is it a spell of some kind?"

Kellam
: "Um, no. Not that I know of, anyway."

Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, PeregrineV. You are
Kellam, Town Male Ascetic

Abilities:
Proposer

Ascetic
(passive): You have a lack of presence so astounding it almost qualifies as a supernatural power. If anyone attempts to target you with a non-killing action, they will not be determined enough to find you and the action will fail.

Sakura wrote:
"It was a platitude then, as now.But in that platitude, my kind found salvation. Liberation and equality took time, but in those words we found dignity. And so we teach our young of the debt we owe him. Should any exalt ever need our aid, we will give it regardless of the cost."

Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, Sakura Hana. You are
Panne, Town Female Childbearer

Abilities:
Proposee

Childbearer
(passive): If you successfully marry another player, your child, Yarne, will enter the game the following day and join your family neighborhood.

Unfortunately, you seem to have lost your Beaststone in the shuffle, so other than agility and a really interesting personality, your only other powers are your voice and your vote.

You may confirm via PM now or via thread when I unlock it.
Beli wrote:
"Ha! You royals up in your pointy towers really don't have a clue! You think us commoners are free to just spend our days sauntering along! Think we pick daisies and gaze at tourist attractions and eat bonbons all day!"

Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, Belisarius. You are
Gaius, Town Male Vanilla

Abilities:
Proposer

You are a master thief, but unfortunately your talent at lockpicking isn't going to prove very useful in determining the identities of the enemies of Ylisse. As such, your only other powers are your voice and your vote.

You may confirm via PM now or via thread once I unlock it.
Saki wrote:
Robin
: "I'd never assume that! What kind of monster would curse their friend..."
Tharja
: "...Oh. Right. That would be crazy! Heh heh."

Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, Saki. You are
Tharja, Neutral Female Childbearer Hexmage Inquisitive Serial Killer

Abilities:
Proposee

Childbearer
(passive): If you successfully marry another player, your child, Noire, will enter the game the following day and join your family neighborhood. Unlike most children in the game, you know that Noire will by default enter the game as a Neutral player and will join you to become a miniature mafia. However, you also know that she is only guaranteed to share your alignment if your husband is Town. As such, marrying a town-aligned player is likely in your best interests.

Inquisitive
(semi-active, 1-shot): To help ensure you can find a town-aligned husband, you have a one-shot ability to investigate a player proposing to you (you may do this during the Day or during the first 24 hours of Night). You will learn whether or not your target was Town, and can then choose whether to marry him.

Hexmage
(active, night): You are a master of the dark arts and have learned a wide variety of curses you can lay on others for a variety of different effects. As such, at night, you may use any of the following powers in addition to your nightkill. You may use only one of them per night, and may not choose the same power two consecutive nights (you don't want to get bored, mixing things up is more fun).
Target takes one less vote to lynch tomorrow (can't use this if 6 or fewer players are living)
Target can't be protected tonight (may not also kill said player)
Target becomes an Ascetic tonight and tomorrow, so non-killing abilities targetting them will fail (yes, this prevents proposals)
Target cannot make proposals tomorrow
You become a Ninja tonight
Voyeur
Silence target for first 24 hours of real-time tomorrow
Target can't vote tomorrow (can't be used later than N4)
Roleblock (you may only choose this power once)

If you don't know what any of those abilities does feel free to ask.

Serial Killer
(active, night): Apparently Robin, with whom you are infatuated, is “straight”. Well, if you can't have her, then no one can! You never cared much about these Ylisseans and their “morals” anyways. Each night you may kill another player. You do not have a particular kill method (they will simply turn up as “killed”). If you die and Noire shares your alignment, she will inherit this ability.

You win when your faction (whether Noire is in it or not) comprises half the game (you explicitly know that you win all ties so long as you are alive).

Cephrir wrote:
Tharja
: "Surely you must have some reason for helping me."

Donnel
: "Gosh, ma'am. That's just how we do things back in my village. If a mage was settin' about to cast a curse, see, we was all duty bound to pitch in. Just like we all help build the barns and mend the fences, and clear the pastures!"

Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, beastcharizard. You are
Donnel, Town Male Late Bloomer Vigilante

Abilities:
Proposer
(active, day): As a male, once each day you may propose to another player by Pming me. If the player you choose is Female, they will be notified of this proposal and be told your username (not rolename). They will have the rest of the day, plus the first 24 hours of Night, to decide whether or not to accept your offer. If they accept, the two of you become a neighborhood. If your proposal is not accepted, you will not learn why not (whether they denied the proposal or weren't eligible). There is no polygamy in this universe.

Late Bloomer Vigilante
(active, night): You're a new recruit in the Ylissean army, and deep down you're really just a farm boy- you aren't experienced and right now could be described as weak. But you have a lot of heart, and more potential than even you realize. If you really work at it, you can become very powerful. If you are still alive on Day 4, your training will pay off, and you will become a Vigilante, with the ability to kill one player each night if you so choose.

chesskid wrote:
Sumia
: "Chrom, you've no need to don a brave face for my sake. You carry twice the burden of anyone. It's only natural you're exhausted."

Chrom
: "Heh. You're kind to say so. But in truth, everyone looks to their commander for inspiration and strength. An army is only as stalwart as its leader. The instant I show weakness, we're through."

Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, chesskid3. You are
Chrom, Town Male Childbearer

Abilities:
Proposer
(active, day): As a male, once each day you may propose to another player by Pming me. If the player you choose is Female, they will be notified of this proposal and be told your username (not rolename). They will have the rest of the day, plus the first 24 hours of Night, to decide whether or not to accept your offer. If they accept, the two of you become a neighborhood. If your proposal is not accepted, you will not learn why not (whether they denied the proposal or weren't eligible). There is no polygamy in this universe.

Childbearer
(passive): If you successfully marry another player, your child, Lucina, will enter the game the following day and join your family neighborhood.

Elli wrote:
"Oh, but I do! I enjoy helping people and making things a little easier for them. As long as someone actually acknowledges my efforts now and then, that's enough."

Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, Ellibereth. You are
Stahl, Town Male Vanilla

Abilities:
Proposer

You are basically a regular guy, if one very loyal to his country. As such, your only other abilities are your voice and your vote.

AD wrote:
"Wheee-ha! Business is booming! Thank goodness for pious patrons! The question is how to keep this growth up... Methinks it's time to stoke the flames of prophet fever! Wheee hee hee hee!"

Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, ActionDan. You are
Anna, Town Female Vanilla

Abilities:
Proposee

Other than having a lot of identical sisters, your only other powers are your voice and your vote.

talah wrote:
Libra
: "Every time I see you, you're hard at work on one chore or another."

Cordelia
: "In such times of strife, it seems almost immoral to sit around and do nothing."

Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, talah. You are
Cordelia, Town Female Childbearer

Abilities:
Proposee

Childbearer
(passive): If you successfully marry another player, your child, Severa, will enter the game the following day and join your family neighborhood.

You have become separated from your pegasus in the confusion, so other than perfectionism and an incredible ability to complain about Chrom not loving you, your only other powers are your voice and your vote.

3K wrote:
Frederick
: "Yes, well, look on the bright side: you did a splendid job pulling weeds. I don't see a single straggler in this entire camp!"

Sumia
: "Well, I always liked making little chains and bracelets out of flowers!"

Frederick
: "...Er, you did just pluck weeds yes? Not the flowers from the flowerbeds?"

Sumia
: "Flower...beds? Oh, HORSE PLOP! It's true! All I'm good for is falling on my face! I'm going to go back to bed and pull the covers over my head."

Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, Thirdkoopa. You are
Sumia, Town Female Childbearer

Abilities:
Proposee

Childbearer
(passive): If you successfully marry another player, your child, Cynthia, will enter the game the following day and join your family neighborhood.

You don't know exactly where your pegasus got to, so other than clumsiness, your only other powers are your voice and your vote.

Shadi/Maestro wrote:
Men are beasts! Nothing more! We fight! We kill! We devour our prey! Beasts do not stand behind beasts, little prince... They use each other so long as it suits their own selfish purpose!”

Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, Shadi1337. You are
Gangrel, Grimleal Mafia Night 1 Vig

Baltimorons (The Hierophant, Grimleal Mafia Female Childbearer Neighborizer), Doomed Hyrule (Validar, Grimleal Mafia Male Goon), and notscience (Aversa, Grimleal Mafia Female Optional Childbearer).

Abilities:
Proposer

Grimleal Frontman
(active, night, 1-shot, night 1 only): On Night 1, you may make a preemptive strike against your enemies before they generally become strong enough to deal with you. You may make a kill on that Night in addition to the normal mafia kill. Using this ability prevents you from carrying out the regular kill.

Grimleal Devotion

Grimleal Convocation
(passive): You may speak with your co-conspirators at Night and during pregame in this QuickTopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/4YFudTq3ERSU

Grimleal Corruption

In addition, expect a follow-up PM with fakeclaims for your faction.
Fakeclaims wrote:
Robin wrote:Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, Baltimorons. You are
Robin, Town Female Childbearer Neighborizer

Abilities:
Proposee

Childbearer
(passive): If you successfully marry another player, your child, Morgan, will enter the game the following day and join your family neighborhood.

Neighborizer
(active, night): You have an uncanny ability to befriend anyone and everyone you encounter and engage them in deep conversation. Each night, you may initiate a support relationship with another player. The two of you will become neighbors. Each neighborhood you create will be separate, so you may wind up with a lot of talking to do!

Nowi, 1-shot Commuter Version (this is the role she would have if she was in the game) wrote:Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, notscience. You are
Nowi, Town Female Childbearer 1-shot Commuter

Abilities:
Proposee

Childbearer
(passive): If you successfully marry another player, your child, Nah, will enter the game the following day and join your family neighborhood.

Commuter
(active, night, 1-shot): Once during the game, you may transform into a dragon. You will become strong and immense enough that any night actions taken against you will fail.

Nowi, vanilla version wrote:Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, notscience. You are
Nowi, Town Female Childbearer

Abilities:
Proposee

Childbearer
(passive): If you successfully marry another player, your child, Nah, will enter the game the following day and join your family neighborhood.

Unfortunately, you can't seem to figure out where you put your Dragonstone! As such, your only other powers are your voice and your vote.

Say'ri (not a childbearer) wrote:Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, notscience. You are
Say'ri, Town Female Vanilla

Abilities:
Proposee

You may be quick and a rebel leader, but none of that will help much with determining the identities of the enemies of Ylisse. As such, your only other powers are your voice and your vote.

Ricken wrote:Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, Doomed Hyrule. You are
Ricken, Town Male Vanilla

Abilities:
Proposer

Your power with wind magic is impressive, but ultimately you're a gentle soul and don't want to hurt anyone who could be a friend. As such, your only other powers are your voice and your vote.

Frederick wrote:Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, Shadi1337. You are
Frederick, Town Male Night 1 Vigilante

Abilities:
Proposer

Vigilante
(active, night, 1-shot, night 1 only): As an extremely experienced knight, you are the strongest guy around until everyone else gets on their feet, and you possess a powerful silver lance. On night 1, you may use your silver lance to kill another player. The silver lance will break whether or not you use it for this purpose.

If for some reason you want me to find flavor quotations for the tops of those I will gladly do so.

In addition, you know that Lon'qu and Tiki are not in the game. Do with that information as you will.
Toasty wrote:
Yarne
: All I ever hear from others is that I'm a big coward. They're always lecturing me.
Morgan
: But you're just doing what you have to in order to keep the taguel bloodline going.
Yarne
: See, YOU get it!
Morgan
: Well, sure! You're the last of an entire race! Who wouldn't understand that?
Yarne
: Literally everyone but you...

Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, ToastyToast. You are
Yarne, Town Male Child Hider

Abilities:
Male
(passive): For the purposes of other abilities, you are male.

Child
(passive): You can neither make proposals nor be proposed to unless another ability dictates otherwise.

Family Bonds
(passive): You can speak in this QT at night with your parents (GoodCop_BadCop and Sakura Hana). You cannot be certain of their alignments.

Hider
(active, night): You may not be a brave warrior, but your taguel instincts have made you an expert at escaping from your foes. At night, you may hide behind another player. Any actions that target you will fail, and any actions that affect your target will also affect you. If you hide with a non-Town-aligned player, they will kill you (and nothing can prevent this), so choose wisely!

You win when all threats to Ylisse have been eliminated and at least one Town-aligned player survives.
Shamrock/Insurmountable/pie wrote:
Tiki
: ...You're trying to emulate King Marth, aren't you? By winning the trust of the other soldiers, you hope to become a great leader.
Lucina
: What? No! Not at all... Th-this is just how I am. Besides, I doubt legendary warriors wasted time cooking stews and going shopping...
Tiki
: (...She builds trust and wins allies without even thinking about it... Could she truly be...?!)
Lucina
: I beg your pardon, Tiki? Were you saying something?
Tiki
: Apologies. I was lost in thought. But, Lucina, I must tell you something. Taking the name of Marth was a fateful decision of great import.
Lucina
: How so?
Tiki
: I cannot be sure of your intention in taking the name... But few dare compare themselves to a legend...and this set you on a path. The name evokes envy and hope in others, and burdens you with their expectations. Like it or not, you carry that weight now. The only question is—will it crush you?

Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, Shamrock. You are
Lucina, Town Female Child 1-shot Time Traveler

Abilities:
Female
(passive): For the purposes of other abilities, you are female.

Child
(passive): You can neither make proposals nor be proposed to unless another ability dictates otherwise.

Family Bonds
(passive): You can speak in This QT at night with your parents (chesskid3 and Rift Adrift) and sibling (StubbsKVM). You cannot be certain of their alignments.

Time Traveler
(active, night, 1-shot): Naga has guided you through the Outrealm Gate once before, and if you wish it, she may be willing to do it again. Once during the game, at night, you may travel forward in time. You will leave the game for a day and a night, then reappear the day after. For win condition-related purposes you count as though you didn't exist during this period.

You win when all threats to Ylisse have been eliminated and at least one Town-aligned player survives.
Stubbs/Muffin wrote:
Nah
: You're always sulking about on your own... That makes you different. I'm interested in "different."
Gerome
: That still doesn't explain why you are following me.
Nah
: I wanted to see how you'd react when you discovered me. Out of enlightened curiosity, of course.
Gerome
: You wanted to scare me? Is that it? I don't have time for games. Don't talk to me again. ...Minerva, away!

Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, StubbsKVM. You are
Gerome, Town Male Child Vanilla

Abilities:
Male

Child

Family Bonds
(passive): You can speak in This QT at night with your parents (chesskid3 and Rift Adrift) and sibling (Shamrock). You cannot be certain of their alignments.

You don't even see the point in trying to interfere with the past, anyways, so why bother trying hard at it? You have no other abilities save your voice and your vote.

Maemuki/Titus wrote:
Owain
: Yeah, but you know what? Even if the worst DOES happen, I'd still be heroic! I'd slowly walk up to the crumpled body of my comrade... I'd stoop low and gently brush their bloody and matted hair from their face... And I'd say...
Cynthia
: Yes? Yes?
Owain
: BY THE GODS, I SHALL AVENGE YOU! And then, clutching their lifeless form tight, I'd burst into flames!
Cynthia
: You'd what?!
Owain
: I become death incarnate! Friend and foe alike fall before my rampage! Driven mad by grief, I am an unstoppable engine of blood rage and destruction!
Cynthia
: Geez, Owain! Have you gone batty?! And a hero should protect people, not go on crazy rampages!
Owain
: By the time I regain my senses, it is already too late... A ravaged land stretches before me, its soil stained red with blood. I stand in silence, alone, with only the horror of my thoughts for company...
Cynthia
: Owain? Hey, Owain! Snap out of it!

Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, Maemuki. You are
Owain, Town Male Child Vanilla

Abilities:
Male

Child

Family Bonds
(passive): You can speak in this QT at night with your parents (Ellibereth and Calcifer). You cannot be certain of their alignments.

Your quest for the Mystletain is still ongoing, and while your flair for the dramatic may make things a bit more exciting, it won't be of much use to you except as an interrogation technique. You have no other abilities save your voice and your vote.

PA wrote:
Laurent
: Might I take a look at your left leg?
Lucina
: …What's this about?
Laurent
: If my suspicions are correct, you have been injured.
Lucina
: But… How did you know? I didn't tell anyone. …They would have just worried needlessly.
Laurent
: You're favoring your right slightly when you walk. I knew something was amiss.
Lucina
: I'm impressed by your attention to detail.

Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, penguin_alien. You are 
Corrupted Laurent, Grimleal Mafia Male Child 1-shot Mortician

Baltimorons (Hierophant, Grimleal Mafia Female Childbearer Neighborizer),
Doomed Hyrule (Validar, Grimleal Mafia Male Goon)
, Maestro (Gangrel, Grimleal Mafia Male Night 1 Vig), and notscience (Aversa, Grimleal Mafia Female Optional Childbearer).

Abilities:
Male

Child

Family Bonds
(passive): You can speak in this QT at night with your parents (Maestro and BulbaFenix). You cannot be certain of their alignments.

Mortician
(active, night, 1-shot): Once during the game, as a night action, you may research a dead, unflipped player. You will be able to ascertain that player's identity, abilities and alignment. However, you are unwilling to make a habit of this, as the continued survival of your notes would become far too suspicious.

Grimleal Devotion

Grimleal Convocation
 (passive): You may speak with your co-conspirators at Night in this QuickTopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/4YFudTq3ERSU

Grimleal Corruption
 (active, night, collective, 1-shot) [used on you N1]: As a group, you have the ability to corrupt one child produced by a marriage that includes one of you. You will be notified of the rolenames of any and all children that will be produced by marriages that include one of you and will be given the choice to convert one of those children to the Mafia. If The Hierophant dies before giving birth to Morgan, you gain an extra shot of this ability. This cannot be prevented in any way and is not a normal night action.

You win when more than 50% of remaining players are Grimleal. The thread is here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31053

Expect a follow-up fakeclaim PM.
PH/KA wrote:
Brady
: Training again, are ya? Wish I could be like that.

Kjelle
: Then quit talking and grab some weights! That's how I've done it----one day at a time, every day of my life.

Brady
: Yeah, I remember ya as a kid! Always running around with some pointy stick.

Kjelle
: No one gets strong without putting in the time. You've got to sweat for it.

Brady
: I'd settle for being half as strong as you. A third, even! Maybe then I could stop doubting myself all the time...How long do you think it'd take for a guy to hit your level, eh? Couple'a weeks or what?

Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, PimHel. You are
Brady, Town Male Child Vanilla

Abilities:
Male

Child

Family Bonds
(passive): You can speak in This QT at night with your parents (beastcharizard and T S O). You cannot be certain of their alignments.

You are ridiculously inept at everything you put your hands to, and this is no exception. Your only weapons are your voice and your vote.

"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #9157 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:50 am

Post by Maestro »

Glass Lance flavor detail FTW
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9158 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:59 am

Post by Cephrir »

Unborn children:
Inigo- can propose to female children (this just creates another neighborhood)
Severa- self-redirector
Cynthia- vanilla (originally innocent child, but too awkward and confirmed Sumia)
Nah- 1-shot commuter
Morgan- universal backup

Early-setup-notes:
Hierophant was originally broken as hell and had a million abilities. I can dredge up how absurd this was, but I decided I wanted the game to be low-power all around and this ended up getting the axe, plus it put too much of the scum's power on one role. Though when I had it this way I was going to let them pick who had the role. I probably didn't remove enough town power to compensate for this.
Henry was a miller (there was a more real investigative role somewhere else, I forget) but ultimately I decided a SK-like rolename was sufficient.
At one point Chrom & Sumia could only marry the characters they can in game, but it meant I had to force scum into particular fakeclaims or allow Chrom and Sumia to basically be investigative, so no.

Yes, Robin was too easy a fakeclaim to guess. Sorry ;_;
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9159 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:59 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 9157, Maestro wrote:Glass Lance flavor detail FTW
In hindsight, I should have just allowed the flavor to be meta and said "you can basically destroy anything in sight early in the game and suck balls later on" but I figured it would be clear that was what I was getting at =/
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9160 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:02 am

Post by Cephrir »

Saki fakeclaim(s) wrote:
Sully wrote:
Sully
: "'Honor is of the body; hone the body, and honor shall grow strong.'"

Gaius
: "I'm sorry, what was that?"

Sully
: "It's a portion of the knight's code. The one I strive to follow every day. Basically, if you work your butt off, you can train both body and honor. So if your worried about honor, don't be. I'll train the shiftiness right out of you."

Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia, Saki. You are
Sully, Town Female Childbearer

Abilities:
Proposee (passive): As a female, during the day you may receive proposals from male players. If you do, I will notify you of this and tell you the screen name (not rolename) of the proposer. You will have the rest of the day, plus the first 24 hours of night, to decide whether to accept. If you do, the two of you become a neighborhood.

Childbearer (passive): If you successfully marry another player, your child, Kjelle, will enter the game the following day and join your family neighborhood.

You may have a fierce personality, but that won't be terribly useful in determining the identities of the enemies of Ylisse except in the sense that it affects your voice and your vote; these are your only other powers.

In addition, you know that Gregor, Flavia and Priam are not in the game. Do with that information as you will.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9161 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:36 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Just a few end game notes:

Yeah, we got fooled pretty bad. And reading our family QT, it shouldn't be hard to see why. Both Maestro and PA were experts at feeding our thoughts back at us without us noticing, PA more than Maestro. There was no way we were ever going to catch them. The closest person that made us rethink my position was Nacho, and he was killed pretty quickly. If I have one regret, it's that I didn't share my complete plan for PoE with the town. I was already experiencing enough resistance from Beast's family, mainly TSO, so I thought it was better to take it one day at a time. If I would have divulged everything I had planned out to the last detail, the last day would have been over quickly, as I recommended a PA vig in the event of our death. Unfortunately, that never got to you, and PA was able to use us to sow discord.

However, I feel that a lot of the hate leveled at us was undeserved. We were fooled, yes, but so was everyone else when we agreed to Maestro's proposal. We were given, as Cabd called it, the God role, and I think that under the circumstances, we used it in the best way possible. We nailed scum the first night we used it. Scum that would have never been caught otherwise. And frankly, that was as good as could be expected from us. Why? Because by the time Baltimorons was lynched, the only remaining scum were in our family, and there was no way we'd have ever investigated them. In that light, we used our investigations to conf. roles: Both Toast, Eli, and Nero. And we shouldn't be attacked for investigating our top scumread.

And let's look at that scumread. Rainbowdash played an abysmal town game. He replaced in and attacked essentially conf. town right off the bat. He contradicted every single stance I've ever seen him take as town: His stance on PLs as well as his stance on breaking the game for town's benefit (I had played in Big Brother with him. He had no reservations about it then. In fact, he gave a huge speech about it.). He strongly defended Baltimorons and attacked anyone who suspected him. When we had revealed our guilty, he became very quiet. Was it any wonder,then that we suspected him? And to be honest, if RBD would have just admitted his mistakes, things could have gone very differently on d4. I was set on PLing Maki for the horrible quickhammer (my own policy). There was no reason why RBD couldn't admit his mistake and then change my mind by towning it up. After all, he had changed my mind of a slot in Slimey Near Vanilla. There was no reason he couldn't convince me he was town. Instead, he attacked my guilty result. He accused us of fakeclaiming. He sought to discredit us, and he took every opportunity he could as the game continued to do so. Is it any wonder, then, that we had a scumread on him and pushed him? And even when we started to reconsider, RBD would continue the assault. And then after RBD died, TSO picked up where he left off. Both players took what should have been a moment of town unity, a time when I could have helped town the most in the scumhunting effort, and took every opportunity to tear us down. Why then was it a surprise that we zeroed in on them?

And even then, we were able to do one last thing for the town. We assured through all the chaos that there would be a town core that could ride through the game, even if it was through PoE. I agreed to the caveat from Nacho that we were only to include each other, and not our families. We both sought to promote peace in this block and work from there. It was that town bloc that ended up winning the game, even though I was fought every step of the way on it. It was the ability to use PoE, which I promoted through 2 game days that gave town the win.

So go ahead. Call us the scum VIP, spurred on by the town players who sought to destroy that unity. We did what we could in the position we were in, and I think that's all we could be expected to.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9162 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:15 pm

Post by T S O »

You were pretty far off, honestly. Call me anti-town, but you were defending scum, not me.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9163 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:40 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Baltimorons was very caught with or without your guilty
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9164 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:09 am

Post by T S O »

Also, RBD was a prime factor in Maestro's lynch. So his net scum catch was at least as good as yours, if not greater.

Without the vig of you, this game could have gone on for far longer than it did.
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9165 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:08 am

Post by KingdomAces »

In post 9164, T S O wrote:Without the vig of you, this game could have gone on for far longer than it did.
Thank you TSO. You proved my entire point against you by saying this. This statement is completely and totally incorrect. If Bulba wasn't vigged, PA would have been. The game would have been over that night instead of going on for another whole day.

I just saw that post for the first time yesterday when I was doublechecking something, and it made me so angry that you literally don't understand anything that I was trying to say that I just need to overturn my stance on just being done with this topic and letting it go.

One more thing, me saying "I'm probably the one in the wrong" was just an extension of courtesy. I actually don't regret anything that I said or did, I just wanted you to at least consider things without just shoving me aside as being antagonistic. I am completely serious about everything, and I always have been.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9166 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:31 am

Post by T S O »

In post 9165, KingdomAces wrote:
In post 9164, T S O wrote:Without the vig of you, this game could have gone on for far longer than it did.
Thank you TSO. You proved my entire point against you by saying this. This statement is completely and totally incorrect. If Bulba wasn't vigged, PA would have been. The game would have been over that night instead of going on for another whole day.
No, not really. Who was going to push it? You? That's doubtful, because I don't remember you pushing anything useful. What do you think would have happened? Bulba's strong enough that he would have managed to deflect the pressure. I highly doubt you would have been able to do ...anything, really, seeing as you didn't once invest yourself in the game. You were, quite literally, a non-presence on the final day. Were you mentioned in the dead QT whatsoever? Titus, at least, was open about being against me. You voted and left me to do the hard work, comtemplated lynching me to be a vindictive fuck and then started arguing with me in postgame about how bad you think when you didn't bring this up once in the QT we had since n1.
In post 9165, KingdomAces wrote:I just saw that post for the first time yesterday when I was doublechecking something, and it made me so angry that you literally don't understand anything that I was trying to say that I just need to overturn my stance on just being done with this topic and letting it go.
It's really stupid you're resurrecting this for no reason, but whatever I guess. Get all your anger out here.
In post 9165, KingdomAces wrote:One more thing, me saying "I'm probably the one in the wrong" was just an extension of courtesy. I actually don't regret anything that I said or did, I just wanted you to at least consider things without just shoving me aside as being antagonistic. I am completely serious about everything, and I always have been.
I appreciate your courtesy. It was also an excellent double meaning post, since your implied courtesy was actually the truth. I also laughed when you tried to take the moral high ground by saying you weren't trying to be antagonistic; when you posted things such as me "being dense", "not reading one of your posts" and "yelling nonsense", you lost any possible claim you could hold to that place.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9167 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:30 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@Bulba- You did OK. I thought you were scum at many points in time, but overall town won, and you were town, so that's what really matters.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9168 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:37 am

Post by pieguyn »

GUYS STOP FIGHTING AND HELP ME FINISH THE REST OF THIS TOWN WIN CHAMPAGNE </3
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9169 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:52 pm

Post by talah »

I still look back upon this game with fond memories of town tunneling town. Because that's mafia, no?
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9170 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:23 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 245, ActionDan wrote:baltimorons is...

tomorrow's lynch
In post 1021, ActionDan wrote:Adding Doomed Hyrule and BulbFenix to the can die anytime pile. Shadi as well

Also I'm not claiming gender explicitly. I may have implied one of another though
Oh look I gots all the scum
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9171 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:07 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

You missed Penguin_alien.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9172 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:16 pm

Post by ActionDan »

I don't believe she had been born yet
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9173 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:00 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

did we get a scummy nom for this
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9174 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:41 am

Post by Natirasha »

Mastin and I nommed us, yeah.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”