NY129-Mafia on Werewolf Island! (Game Over)

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:14 am

Post by Pine »

That's my concern. Snake is a
remarkably
easy target, and one who can't (or won't?) defend himself right now. So I'm a little wary of the rush to get a lynch of him.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
RaudhrGarm
RaudhrGarm
Goon
RaudhrGarm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:10 am

Post by RaudhrGarm »

Are jesters in normal games like this one?
Spoiler:
Snape kills Dumbledore.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:17 am

Post by Pine »

No. Strictly barred.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

EL wrote:I really,
really
hate ad-hominem
Eldritch Lord wrote: Holy shit you guys are dumb.

are dumb

:nerd:

To me this is extremely hypocritical. Me and Cam(C-Worl) didn't personally insult you. Maybe mocking but not insult and then YOU turn around and do exactly what you (supposedly) hate so bad.
Pine wrote:Care to elaborate, Nero Cain? I haven't really been paying attention to Snake, what with focusing on Kise, tclawren, C-worl, and the other obvscum. So from my perspective, it has sounded almost like a case assembled against someone who's been V/LA for most of the game based on a few scummy comments in the early game. But like I said, I haven't personally paid much attention to the case. None of my lynches seem to be going through this time, but there's gotta be enough scum in this game that some of those I haven't considered have slipped past. So please. Enlighten me instead of mocking. I'm open to persuasion.
To me your post read very much as fence sitting. Of all the games I've played what pisses me off the most is when a scummer gets by with lurking b/c they are a "known" lurker. I think it makes it harder on the town to keep lurkers around. So why do you want to keep a lurker around?

Snake has done bull this game AND his lame ass justification for the C-Worl vote in ISO 4 is scummy as all hell.

Also I wasn't mocking you. I was showing my displeasure with your statement but continue on with your
ATE
bullsnork.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by Pine »

ATE? I've done nothing of the kind. I am not averse to lynching lurkers, but after reviewing his ISO, it seems like that one post is the only actual scummy thing he's done. And considering that this is a very prolific thread, and he's been V/LA for most of D1, I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt until D2 to get off of V/LA and caught up. Call it fence-sitting, if using such a loaded term for "judicious prudence" seems best to you, but I'm not going to vote for someone's D1 lynch based on poor activity and one genuinely scummy post.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
C-Worl
C-Worl
she/they
Mafia Scum

C-Worl
she/they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:52 pm

Post by C-Worl »

^ Whatever happened to good old policy lynching?
I don’t think like you do. My parents didn’t believe in autism or ADHD so I never got tested for either but my brain 100% works differently than most people’s. I’ll get myself tested. Once, I have a word to describe it, I’ll let you know what that word is.

My GTKAS: Feel free to ask me anything!
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

VOTE COUNT
Day 1 Vote Count (#37)

SnakePlissken - 8 (RaudhrGarm, Kise, T-Bone, gorilla, MrZepher, C-Worl, Lowell, Nero Cain) L-4
Nobody Special - 5 (ConSpiracy, Reckamonic, Chronopie, implosion, tclawren)
tclawren - 1 (Pine)
Reckamonic - 1 (SnakePlissken)
Kise - 1 (Nobody Special)

Not voting - 7 (Charlie, Nachomamma8, Shift, Seraphim, Powerrox93, Lucresia, Eldritch Lord)

MrZepher is V/LA on the weekends (Saturday and Sunday).
SnakePlissken is V/LA until Monday, April 11th.

I am looking for a replacement for Seraphim, so if you know any friends that want to play, have them PM me.

Please let me know if the votecount is wrong.

The deadline for Day 1 is April 24th, 3:00 PM EDT. With 23 alive, it takes 12 to lynch and 12 to No Lynch.
Last edited by DemonHybrid on Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:06 pm

Post by Pine »

@C-Worl: Being on V/LA and mostly absent during D1 isn't enough to warrant a policy lynch in my book. If sustained through D2, then we'll talk.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:17 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Nero Cain wrote:
EL wrote:I really,
really
hate ad-hominem
Eldritch Lord wrote: Holy shit you guys are dumb.

are dumb

:nerd:
And this is precisely why I called you retarded, the first quote is a qualifier for the second. As in, I really hate having a torn AC, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to stop some kid on the street from getting his teeth curb-stomped out of his mouth.
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by T-Bone »

ISO 4?

How about ISO 1, ISO 4, ISO 5, and ISO 7?

Pretty much Snake's only posts have been scummy or proven that he isn't paying attention to the game. At least in my opinion the rest of the lurkers are paying just a little bit more attention than he has.

I know that it's cliche, but he's been pretty useless thus far. I'd call him a safe lynch. Regardless of whatever problems he is having that is forcing him V/LA so much, he's a threat to the town if he's paying very little attention to the game.

Picture this. It's LyLo. Someone has very clearly nabbed scum. But he comes on and makes a misinformed vote and the scum jump all over the bandwagon and win.

This literally just happened to me in another game. A townie wasn't paying attention made a bad vote because he wasn't reading that someone else had scum (me) dead to rights, and we got the mislynch and won.

I know the easy thing to say is that lurking does not equal scum. But it might as well. Misinformed townies lose games for the town just as much as scum do.

Fact of the matter is, as much as we can we got to make sure everyone is involved, or there is no way we can win the game. Scum will waltz into a victory.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by Pine »

T-Bone, that would require us to let the lurker survive all the way to LyLo. I didn't suggest that. I have no idea why -you- did in that other game. But if someone claims V/LA, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt for D1. Like I said, if it continues, then yeah. It'll earn a lynch.

As for ISO 1, 4, 5, and 7, yes. They amount to a slight scumread. But smaller than several of the other people in this thread. Votes on Kise, tclawren, C-Worl, or NS > Snake.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Sorry. In those last lines that wasn't reasoning for lynching Snake, that was reasoning to remind everyone I still want the lurkers to talk. His ISOs speak for themselves.

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Thor665 replaces Seraphim.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:43 pm

Post by MrZepher »

I'm going V/LA from Tuesday night until next Monday, after which WGI season is over and I no longer need to take V/LA's (cheer)

Noted.

As for the snake lynch, I say that he's shown enough potential scum intent (it's not definite until he flips...) for it to warrant a vote from me, at least until he can explain himself.
The fact that he's contributed so little at this point is diminishing whatever pro-town appeal he ever had.
Last edited by DemonHybrid on Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
or something like that....
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:09 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Awww, and Seraphim was one of the ones I knew from the playerlist.

In any case - greetings all, I am the new Seraphim. I bring a manly beard, a child-like sense of wonder, and magical whimsy to this thread. I also try to bring good scumhunting, but usually that's harder to promise.

I'll be reading up over the next couple of days - my usual average is about 7 pages a day before depression and a fugue state set in, so should be roughly 4 days or so for me to catch up depending on how many posts I decide to start skimming over. At that point I'll post up a couple big honkin' walls of brilliance (presuming you agree that brilliance is generally seen via a load of bad insults and weak jokes). I'll then probably just wagon Nero Cain, because that usually makes me smile. Feel free to ask me any questions outstanding for Seraphim (I've never actually had anyone pose me questions for the replaced out slot, but I always ask just to be polite).

Regards,
Thor.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:24 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Crackheaded catchup posting, activate!
Nobody Special wrote:Oh God. More nacholists.

Call me when the real game starts.
^town
jindori wrote:i am thinking of jumping on the pine ban wagon but it strikes me as odd how fast the pine ban wagon built up votes so fast seems like some team work was involved maybe from the other scum.
Notes speed of wagon forming, doesn't call pine town. Conclusion: Afraid of Pine scumflip, Pine is west werewolf.
RayFrost wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:Pine - 8 (
bristep123
, ConSpiracy, Nobody Special,
C-Worl
, Nachomamma8,
Chronopie
tclawren
, Nero Cain) L-5
C-Worl - 7 (RayFrost, Seraphim,
jindori
SnakePlissken
MaxKojote
Pine
[Moonstruck]
) L-6
People on the wagons that are Not-Good-Posting are in bold. Scum are also italicized. Possibly scum but not certain are underlined. Town are possibly in superscript. The rest are uncertain. Note that being in bold is not indicative of a read. Anybody that's struck out = somebody I don't even remember. Being forgotten is Not A Good SignTM.
Ray's trying too hard.

jindori wrote:
T-Bone wrote:I agree with Rob.

However, the Mod let us know in his first post there are multiple factions, so it complicates the idea of a "scum-driven wagon." By my count, and I'm doing it off of memory, we have 3 or 4 anti-town factions. It's very likely that tons of scum are on both wagons. It's just a matter of picking the dirty ones.

I'm inclined to believe that the people driving the wagons, are less likely to be scum. It's the players jumping in on a whim that are the problems. The one player that sticks out to me more than anything is ChronoPie, if only because he's the person I've seen post the least. Of course I have 15 players on the wagons to choose from, so in my attempts to find scum, I'm looking through a haystack.

Unvote

Vote: Chronopie

Still, I don't like it. Your first post of the game was to immediately hop on the largest bandwagon. This in my mind puts you ahead of the other dirty bandwagoners.

Preview: Shift posted. Hmm...

The reasons for both lynches are conjecture at best. I don't see any facts, I see jokes and bad play taken out of hand. If this were any other Day than Day 1, I don't think these bandwagons would fill so fast. But since it's Day 1, it's easy for people to jump on bandwagons when it's convenient.

I'm gonna kinda answer your question Shift. Why are some people not voting either player? One of them is going to get lynched, and you don't need my help to do it. These lynches can and will happen. That's no excuse to give up scum-hunting, like so many players have done. The Day phase last 3 weeks, and we're pretty close to a lynch in just 3 days. Does that not bother anyone besides me?

Hold on there a secound the opening post refers to mafia and werewolves only. Third party could be roles given that aren't vanilla townies but could also be another mafi,werewolf satan worshippers ect. So i'd say 2-3 ussaly. Tnx for giving us a little extra info.

Unvote Pine vote T bone.
Pine's almost certainly a jindori buddy in this situation. Jindori is waaay too happy to jump off of pine here.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:17 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

crackheaded catchup spree complete.
Kise is on his game, and I would happily sheep him until the end.

I would recommend scum go for shooting Reckamonic. Shit, I would.
Loving the Snake wagon.
Pine is a good choice for scum.
MrZepher is prettty much confirmed scum.
Eldritch Lord is scummy scum scum.

NS IS TOWN.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:05 pm

Post by Charlie »

No rope for you, Nacho.
No rope.
No.
Kindness
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:27 am

Post by Pine »

@Nacho: I would never, ever stick my neck out that far for a scumbuddy. Ever ever ever. Not even for the WIFOM. And really, basing your pointed fingers on jindori...you can do better. Much better.

I'd like your opinion on my suspicions. Specifically Kise, tclawren, and C-Worl.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:33 am

Post by T-Bone »

Thor665 wrote: I'll be reading up over the next couple of days - my usual average is about 7 pages a day before depression and a fugue state set in, so should be roughly 4 days or so for me to catch up depending on how many posts I decide to start skimming over. At that point I'll post up a couple big honkin' walls of brilliance (presuming you agree that brilliance is generally seen via a load of bad insults and weak jokes).
I'll then probably just wagon Nero Cain, because that usually makes me smile.
Feel free to ask me any questions outstanding for Seraphim (I've never actually had anyone pose me questions for the replaced out slot, but I always ask just to be polite).

Regards,
Thor.
Are you my long lost brother? I love you. I will happily follow you to do that.

I has a question. Do you share Sera's same suspicions that he has expressed in the past?

tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:06 am

Post by tclawren »

@SNAKE: You are getting off V/LA today. If you do not post a sufficient defense of yourself plus some reads about this game by tomorrow night, We'll say 11:00 pm EDT, you are dead to me. This game needs to move and it has died since you left.
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:10 am

Post by Pine »

tclawren wrote:@SNAKE: You are getting off V/LA today. If you do not post a sufficient defense of yourself plus some reads about this game by tomorrow night, We'll say 11:00 pm EDT, you are dead to me. This game needs to move and it has died since you left.
This is a reasonable post, even if it does come from obvscum.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:29 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Nachomamma8 wrote:crackheaded catchup spree complete.
Kise is on his game, and I would happily sheep him until the end.

Loving the Snake wagon.
Pine is a good choice for scum.
MrZepher is prettty much confirmed scum.
Eldritch Lord is scummy scum scum.

NS IS TOWN.
Literally a scum post.
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:38 am

Post by Reckamonic »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Kise is on his game, and I would happily sheep him until the end.

Whee contradiction?
._.
meeeeeeep?
RaudhrGarm
RaudhrGarm
Goon
RaudhrGarm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:17 am

Post by RaudhrGarm »

So....