Mini 1540 - Terror in Eagleland (Game Over)

kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:12 am

Post by kabooooom »

Damn! I would have been an SE!! :P
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:54 am

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 921, GreyICE wrote:
In post 916, Slandaar wrote:Yeah I was quite surprised to be alive D4 had to triple check. Even more surprised to see I had a guilty on top (not that PV was scum but that scum didn't have a GF - The setup really doesn't look balanced to me as is)
Yah. Town play was good, not gonna lie, but seriously this setup was completely unbalanced.
As one of the people who was responsible for checking the setup for balance, I take issue with this somewhat. One of the thing that I'd explicitly noticed was that if the Cop was alive on day 4, town would have had to have been playing pretty well up to that point, or scum pretty badly (there is no way for the town to protect the Cop). I also noted that the main danger in the setup was that the town found two scum by night 2, which would leave it a little unbalanced from then on, but that I thought it was reasonable that town should be rewarded for doing that well early.

In other words, this played pretty closely along my envisaged "best case for town" scenario,
and
scum screwed up night 3. It's unsurprising that town did so well, given the circumstances. As night 3 started, I think scum still had a chance, even though it would have been an uphill struggle, which is approximately what you want in a best-case-for-town situation.

Or to put it another way, most setups look townsided when you lynch correctly D1
and
D2.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:16 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 926, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 921, GreyICE wrote:
In post 916, Slandaar wrote:Yeah I was quite surprised to be alive D4 had to triple check. Even more surprised to see I had a guilty on top (not that PV was scum but that scum didn't have a GF - The setup really doesn't look balanced to me as is)
Yah. Town play was good, not gonna lie, but seriously this setup was completely unbalanced.
As one of the people who was responsible for checking the setup for balance, I take issue with this somewhat. One of the thing that I'd explicitly noticed was that if the Cop was alive on day 4, town would have had to have been playing pretty well up to that point, or scum pretty badly (there is no way for the town to protect the Cop). I also noted that the main danger in the setup was that the town found two scum by night 2, which would leave it a little unbalanced from then on, but that I thought it was reasonable that town should be rewarded for doing that well early.

In other words, this played pretty closely along my envisaged "best case for town" scenario,
and
scum screwed up night 3. It's unsurprising that town did so well, given the circumstances. As night 3 started, I think scum still had a chance, even though it would have been an uphill struggle, which is approximately what you want in a best-case-for-town situation.

Or to put it another way, most setups look townsided when you lynch correctly D1
and
D2.

As one of the people responsible, town cop, town roleblocker, 1-shot vig (confirmed town), 1-shot bulletproof (oh look I used it to confirm town) versus nothing is not balanced.

Scum needed a minimum of a rolecop, and town should have had a miller in place of the bulletproof.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:10 pm

Post by bjc »

Or a more competent scum team. :lol:
"
I am literally panicking right now because
I'm a fucking VT
and it really looks like I'm gonna get lynched and that scares me. I'd like to survive past Day 1.
"
-The great LeMidget
Lootifer
Lootifer
Goon
Lootifer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:41 pm

Post by Lootifer »

Cheers for the game guys. We didnt play well but when Grey says it like that it does seem a tad hard.

I think the main issue was two noobs and a busy experienced player in scum team. Both bjc and I needed help at a number of points during the game, and while PV helped a whole heap he could only do so much.

An encryptor is only as useful as the players who have it, and in my situation I feel it actually hurt my play because I was often hesitant before posting while waiting for advice, where as if I didnt have daytalk I probably could have played more naturally (which I have found is the key to scum).

I had a couple of town reads so I guess thats something :|

Would appreciate any feedback on the game/my play.
Lootifer
Lootifer
Goon
Lootifer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by Lootifer »

Oh and this was my first ever time as scum. Shit is crazy un-nerving at times.
Lootifer
Lootifer
Goon
Lootifer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:44 pm

Post by Lootifer »

In post 286, Lootifer wrote:
In post 250, GreyICE wrote:You've never even said anything about bjc before now.

Except your current intent to hammer.

You're not town.
I was ok with your aggressive scum-hunting up until this point. But now you are actively mis-representing me: #179 & #207 both address my stance on bjc.

@MME: Slandaar and FoD appear to have the most confident reads on bjc. I suggest ISOing them.
In post 294, Slandaar wrote:Loot might actually be scum. Hrm.
I realised my mistake as soon as I posted. I knew you had me from there on in. I may have been slightly harder for you if you weren't a cop, but either way I was waiting for you to pounce from this point on.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:00 am

Post by Tierce »

:shifty:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”