Micro 102: Mainstream Mini-Mafia [END, CULT WIN]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:54 am

Post by Human Destroyer »

Or:

Voided is Cult Leader.

Think about it.

Voided cults either Jacob or Rach N1 since they've flown under the radar for pretty much the whole game.

Voided then cults claimed cop (FT) N2 for obvious reasons, tells FT to fake an innocent on Voided. Voided gets Rach/Jacob lynched to get towncred to "prove" FT isn't lying.

N3, cults Thor, gets him lynched D4, pretty much becomes conf-town.

Does anyone else follow this?
Are you ready for this?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:01 am

Post by Thor665 »

Yeah, but today is the only day Voided will have that sort of clout, as tomorrow any attack from Voided could be hand waved with 'but now you may be cult' which, frankly, people are already doing because of the question mark on the Cop situation as far as recruitment goes. Therefore Voided is going to become a progressively less potent town force and should use whatever town energy he has - which is why I want him to justify his current stance.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:24 am

Post by chkflip »

DAT DAY THREE VOTE COUNT VAGHN

2. Voidedmafia (0)
4. pirate mollie (0) -
5. Human Destroyer (0) -
6. Thor665 (0)
7. JacobSavage (0)
8. FourTrouble (1) - JacobSavage
9. RachMarie (0)

7 living, 4 to lynch. Deadline:
(expired on 2013-02-05 12:00:00)
[/u]

Thanks guys. Prodded FourTrouble. Sorry about not having the flavor. Been getting ready for cawlidge and need to start packing to move into a new apartment. I'll discuss my true intetion (which v 2.0 will def have) on its impact post-game.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:23 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 974, JacobSavage wrote:Because that would mean she'd have to argue with you

He

Also because the entire reason I want pressure on you is because you're still alive, which isn't (and arguably shouldn't) be a standalone case against ANYONE. It's also mitigated by the fact that I've thought you to be town since your spat with mollie (not that things have or haven't eroded it, just that you've been hanging around the town spectrum of things since then). To be frank, I'm just fucking paranoid, okay? I want you to be town so much it almost hurts because I've seen what you can do as an anti-town faction, as a player and as a mod, and if you got culted at all this game, then I seriously fear for the town.

P-EDIT: Meh, that's true enough. Though I suppose that means that town would better hope that whichever of us is left isn't culted yet, Thor.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:30 am

Post by Thor665 »

Yeah, but my thought is you should be willing to attack me and get my thoughts out.
Because thoughts today are more viable.

Same with you, I want your thoughts out and explained now - because *right now* you are most likely town.
Anything you say tomorrow can probably not be trusted, therefore today is what matters.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:40 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 949, RachMarie wrote:I am here just been in bed most of the day cause I am sick :( Eating homemade chicken, rice and veggie soup that NS made for us in the crockpot.

Thor, I kinda agree on Mollie, I do not see her as likely to be the cult leader. You or Voided would make much more sense. I need to go through everyone and see. Why the hard push on HD then switch to Majiffy? What is it about Jacob and I that makes you think we are possibly the CL? I know if I were, which I am not, I would have recruited Majiffy and you.

If I were you I would've had my sights on recruiting me (VM) first, but then prioritize Thor when he came, then get me N2, then Majiffy (if possible) N3. (or switch Majif for me instead).

(and...that actually sounds pretty good.)

Thor: Same to you, though, but I get the point.

Okay, I can't say I've thought long and hard on these, but I'd really appreciate if you answered these questions (and any others I answer) no matter how derp or fuck/smurf-tarded they seem (yeah, I'm covering for myself in case I DO ask a stupid question, shaddup).

Regarding Mollie, and more specifically my take on her vs. you:
1.) Do you on some level agree with what I had outlined against Mollie a couple hundred posts back? I'm aware you probably answered this already, but I would like a definitive yes/no.
2.) If yes, if you had to rank it from 1-10 on how well you liked it, what would you give it (i.e. do you like the case itself and the points used, does the case not contradict itself etc.)? Using a similar system, how would you rank your understanding of it (are the points used easy to understand and/or follow, do the points used actually give credence to the read (which is a scum/cult-read))?
3.) What points do you like best and why?
4.) What points do you like least and why?
5.) What points do you not understand and why?
6.) If there are any points that you think I may have missed, what do you think they are?

Also regarding Mollie but aren't directly related to that case:
1.) You and I both seem to agree that Mollie may well be in the cult, yes/no?
2.) If yes, can you go a little more in-depth as to why you believe Mollie isn't the recruiter/leader (or presumably both)?
3.) If no, can you point me (and everyone else) to posts or parts that indicate that Mollie should not be considered in the cult?

a few more, unrelated to Mollie:
1.) At present you have indicated that you would prefer to lynch one of Jacobsavage and rachMarie. This is still true?
2.) If both of them were currently at L-1 (disregarding who is on the wagons) and a figurative gun was held at your head, who would you cast the hammer vote on and why?
3.) You originally came into this game with a scumread on Human Destroyer. I am aware that you did articulate somewhat why he at least isn't on your lynch list, but could you please try to restate what has pulled your off his lynch?
4.) If there had to be someone else besides Jacob or Rach that you would want lynched more, who would it be and why?
5.) If I understand correctly, the way to actually win would be to lynch the cult leader (or possibly shoot, in Majiffy's case). Even so, could someone please walk me through why hunting for the followers is not necessarily the best/a viable strat?

Actually, I would really appreciate it if everyone answered these questions to the best of their ability (though while mollie obviously doesn't have to answer those, I do find it slightly weird that she hasn't tried to debunk anything I've said as far as I've seen). Perhaps I'm gonna make everyone get unnecessarily wordy but this is probably going to be the last time Thor or myself (or even Rach) will be able to speak and still have some kind of town legitimacy behind our words before cult WIFOM will kick in.

JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:53 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

In post 975, Human Destroyer wrote:Or:

Voided is Cult Leader.

Think about it.

Voided cults either Jacob or Rach N1 since they've flown under the radar for pretty much the whole game.

Voided then cults claimed cop (FT) N2 for obvious reasons, tells FT to fake an innocent on Voided. Voided gets Rach/Jacob lynched to get towncred to "prove" FT isn't lying.

N3, cults Thor, gets him lynched D4, pretty much becomes conf-town.

Does anyone else follow this?

Stop it HD, I dint like it when you make sense
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:56 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

Also, questions D: tommorrow...
"
"

I have a GTKAS!
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:58 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 981, JacobSavage wrote:Stop it HD, I dint like it when you make sense

It's actually a damn good plan for anyone, tbh. (just replace Rach/Jacob for me on N1 for anyone else and it's basically the same)

Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:59 pm

Post by Human Destroyer »

I have more good ideas than I should ^_^
Are you ready for this?
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:01 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

(though, I don't get how lynching Rach/Jacob will prove FT isn't lying)

JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:14 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

In post 983, Voidedmafia wrote:
In post 981, JacobSavage wrote:Stop it HD, I dint like it when you make sense

It's actually a damn good plan for anyone, tbh. (just replace Rach/Jacob for me on N1 for anyone else and it's basically the same)

Wait doesn't that mean Ft is almost certainly culted?
"
"

I have a GTKAS!
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:30 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Assuming that the leader thought of doing such.

JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:54 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

I mean I can't see why you wouldn't to ve fair. Cult the clear.
"
"

I have a GTKAS!
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:20 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

"clear" but now they'll do so anyways if they haven't thought of it.

pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:27 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

voided no matter what I say or do it doesn't really matter does it

I rebutted your case on me from the get go
whew!
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:27 pm

Post by RachMarie »

If we really are in LYLO then lynching me is bad I am a VT and I have not been recruited.

Been sick will spend some time looking at ISOs and see if I can get a better handle on this game.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:12 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 990, pirate mollie wrote:I rebutted your case on me from the get go

If you have I do not recall. Kindly point me to where if you did.

FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:14 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

Voided, who you think is best lynch for today?
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:32 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Thank you Mr. I-didn't-Read for your wonderful contributions to this thread while often slacking off for at least 2 days. <_<

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:35 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 980, Voidedmafia wrote:Regarding Mollie, and more specifically my take on her vs. you:
1.) Do you on some level agree with what I had outlined against Mollie a couple hundred posts back? I'm aware you probably answered this already, but I would like a definitive yes/no.
2.) If yes, if you had to rank it from 1-10 on how well you liked it, what would you give it (i.e. do you like the case itself and the points used, does the case not contradict itself etc.)? Using a similar system, how would you rank your understanding of it (are the points used easy to understand and/or follow, do the points used actually give credence to the read (which is a scum/cult-read))?
3.) What points do you like best and why?
4.) What points do you like least and why?
5.) What points do you not understand and why?
6.) If there are any points that you think I may have missed, what do you think they are?

1. I agree with you that her case push on me was a bad case - I think I called it a bad case by her at the time.
2. I see no value in bothering with this.
3-6. This feels like something a newbie should be asking me in post game. I still don't see the purpose. Are you asking me to give you lessons on how to build a case?

In post 980, Voidedmafia wrote:Also regarding Mollie but aren't directly related to that case:
1.) You and I both seem to agree that Mollie may well be in the cult, yes/no?
2.) If yes, can you go a little more in-depth as to why you believe Mollie isn't the recruiter/leader (or presumably both)?
3.) If no, can you point me (and everyone else) to posts or parts that indicate that Mollie should not be considered in the cult?

1. Yes.
2. Sure - I have not been recruited. I think Mollie would have tried for me *and* Majiffy, she's had two shots and I'm not cult. Ergo, she is not cult.

In post 980, Voidedmafia wrote:a few more, unrelated to Mollie:
1.) At present you have indicated that you would prefer to lynch one of Jacobsavage and rachMarie. This is still true?
2.) If both of them were currently at L-1 (disregarding who is on the wagons) and a figurative gun was held at your head, who would you cast the hammer vote on and why?
3.) You originally came into this game with a scumread on Human Destroyer. I am aware that you did articulate somewhat why he at least isn't on your lynch list, but could you please try to restate what has pulled your off his lynch?
4.) If there had to be someone else besides Jacob or Rach that you would want lynched more, who would it be and why?
5.) If I understand correctly, the way to actually win would be to lynch the cult leader (or possibly shoot, in Majiffy's case). Even so, could someone please walk me through why hunting for the followers is not necessarily the best/a viable strat?

1. No, I dramatically changed my mind since I said that a day or so ago while not being given a chance to talk to the person I originally offered the thought to.
2. I'd want to see who was voting who. If I was refused that info through some weird mechanic then I'd probably read both and do some sort of coin flip off some random phrase I decided to glom onto as important or telling from Day 1.
3. His scumminess was more in connection with people - when I realized there was no mafia team then the question became whether his play was indicative of being cult leader. I don't think a cult leader would play as aggressive and offensive as he has - he is perfectly likely cult, but I doubt he is cult leader.
4. A third scumspect? Eh, I'd want a massclaim for that. Meh, let's say HD.
5. Let's break it down.
7 Players - potentially 3 are cult (1 leader plus 2 recruits).
So, worst case we are in 4 town vs. 3 cult lylo today.
We lynch cult recruit.
Tomorrow we are in 3 cult vs. 3 town and Cult wins.
Let me put it this way, if I was a cult recruit, and I knew we had infinite recruits, then I would play scummy as hell and laugh it up as town lynched me because my side would win.
So basically our *only* hope today is to lynch leader, or to pray cult is out of recruiting power or to pray that cult missed a recruit.
I'm praying that cult can't infinite recruit, but with the SK as opposition setup it's not an assurance. After that we can but pray that cult can't recruit FT and that they tried to recruit either FT or Majiffy already - because otherwise we are already on the precipice. Even if we're not on he precepice I'd rather try to aim correctly for what we're really doing and have discussion about it now, or else there is little value to us not being on the precipice.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:36 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 993, FourTrouble wrote:Voided, who you think is best lynch for today?

When you get that answer I'll presume you'll then react to me offering up mine and asking for comment from you, right?
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:20 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 995, Thor665 wrote:2. I see no value in bothering with this.

really just trying to make sure that people where getting what I was saying.

In post 995, Thor665 wrote:3-6. This feels like something a newbie should be asking me in post game. I still don't see the purpose. Are you asking me to give you lessons on how to build a case?

Uh, no.

I'm asking because I felt like there was something you didn't like/didn't understand about my case, and so I'm asking that to you (and to others) mainly just to double-check myself.

(and part of this is to get lurking people (like FT) to start commenting on semi-important stuff. Not that that's succeeding at all.)

In post 995, Thor665 wrote:2. Sure - I have not been recruited. I think Mollie would have tried for me *and* Majiffy, she's had two shots and I'm not cult. Ergo, she is not cult.

Why not me and Majiffy, or you and me?

In post 995, Thor665 wrote:1. No, I dramatically changed my mind since I said that a day or so ago while not being given a chance to talk to the person I originally offered the thought to.

Can you explain what exactly made you change your mind, and who you suspect now?

In post 995, Thor665 wrote:3. His scumminess was more in connection with people - when I realized there was no mafia team then the question became whether his play was indicative of being cult leader. I don't think a cult leader would play as aggressive and offensive as he has - he is perfectly likely cult, but I doubt he is cult leader.

Okay, this makes sense. Though, do you think it's possible HD could be the leader, and this aggression is done for the WIFOM against what you've just explained? (more or less do you think HD could think of such a thing, and execute it)

In post 995, Thor665 wrote:4. A third scumspect? Eh, I'd want a massclaim for that. Meh, let's say HD.

Do you think a massclaim would even be prudent right now? (or would've been at all)

In post 995, Thor665 wrote:5. Let's break it down.
7 Players - potentially 3 are cult (1 leader plus 2 recruits).
So, worst case we are in 4 town vs. 3 cult lylo today.
We lynch cult recruit.
Tomorrow we are in 3 cult vs. 3 town and Cult wins.
Let me put it this way, if I was a cult recruit, and I knew we had infinite recruits, then I would play scummy as hell and laugh it up as town lynched me because my side would win.
So basically our *only* hope today is to lynch leader, or to pray cult is out of recruiting power or to pray that cult missed a recruit.
I'm praying that cult can't infinite recruit, but with the SK as opposition setup it's not an assurance. After that we can but pray that cult can't recruit FT and that they tried to recruit either FT or Majiffy already - because otherwise we are already on the precipice. Even if we're not on he precepice I'd rather try to aim correctly for what we're really doing and have discussion about it now, or else there is little value to us not being on the precipice.

Oh, okay.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:44 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 997, Voidedmafia wrote:really just trying to make sure that people where getting what I was saying.

Then re-state it in a short sentence for ease of consumption.

In post 997, Voidedmafia wrote:I'm asking because I felt like there was something you didn't like/didn't understand about my case, and so I'm asking that to you (and to others) mainly just to double-check myself.

That's different then what your number snarl of silliness is about. Allow me to offer my full reaction to your case on mollie: Yup, you proved she made a bad case...I'm not sure that's indicative of alignment.

In post 997, Voidedmafia wrote:(and part of this is to get lurking people (like FT) to start commenting on semi-important stuff. Not that that's succeeding at all.)

Yeah, I know.

In post 997, Voidedmafia wrote:Why not me and Majiffy, or you and me?

I think she has more of a crush on Majiffy and I than on you. We've been invited to play games with her on other sites, heck, I've been a specific replacement request for her in the past (for a Majiffy game that she signed up into because - hey, Majiffy)
Does she have a respect/interest of you that I should be made aware of?

Also - even if that holds true, she's still only likely cult leader if she recruited you and maybe whiffed on Majiffy, at which point FourTrouble wouldn't be cult to be calling you town. And I think you and I can both agree that we're not in a cult together, so that part of the question is silly.

In post 997, Voidedmafia wrote:Can you explain what exactly made you change your mind, and who you suspect now?

Can you detect sarcasm?

In post 997, Voidedmafia wrote:Okay, this makes sense. Though, do you think it's possible HD could be the leader, and this aggression is done for the WIFOM against what you've just explained? (more or less do you think HD could think of such a thing, and execute it)

If I did I wouldn't be clearing him to the level I am. his play has not been pro-town, but I don't think it is pro-cult leader either. He was a solid chance for mafia and remains an okay chance for recruited cult, but neither of those are an issue right now.

In post 997, Voidedmafia wrote:Do you think a massclaim would even be prudent right now? (or would've been at all)

It's probably lylo and there are probably no night kills anymore - I think it's the picture perfect time for a massclaim.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:41 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Want to do it popcorn style or just everyone claim when they next poist?
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”