[OLD] Open Setup Ideas and Discussion

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6395 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:09 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

If the 2X cop outs, that is an auto-lynch of the mafia cupid.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6400 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:41 pm

In post 6396, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Mafia cupid needs to fakeclaim. Nobody knows that he's the cupid except scum, not even the lovers.
But when he creates a lover pair and starts talking at night, wouldn't the lover know that he is the cupid?

I am probably completely missing something. I am assuming the lovers have a private QT to talk.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6545 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:24 pm

So, 6 players. If the goon is lynched, then a townie is nk'd and there are 4 players. Since it is not nightless, they will probably no lynch, and then it'll be LYLO. If the other scum is lynched, game over. If a townie is lynched, then the goon and another townie die, so it will be LYLO right away. It is basically like a vengeful but with 6 players and a few differences. I don't get the point of almost requiring a no lynch though because that's what will happen regardless if the goon is lynched day1.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6684 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:30 am

I think the cop makes the town very powerful. I agree with the tracker suggestion - or maybe something weaker than a cop. Seems like an amazing setup. I want to pre-in when you run it.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6705 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:00 am

Idea: 9P White Flag

6 town, 3 scum. Town need to lynch any two scum to win. Scum have a normal night kill every night. All vanilla.

I wonder if such a setup already exists. Or a similar one?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6990 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:19 pm

Feels a bit townsided but I definitely want to play that.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7001 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:44 am

A 15 player game with 4 scum, 11 town.

Scum don't know the names of all of their teammates, so it works somewhat like a traitor mechanic. Let's call the scum players, A, B, C, and D.

A receives a role PM saying that he is scum with B, C, and another player whose identity he will not be told.
B receives a role PM saying that he is scum with C, D, and another player whose identity he will not be told.
C receives a role PM saying that he is scum with D, A, and another player whose identity he will not be told.
D receives a role PM saying that he is scum with A, B, and another player whose identity he will not be told.

So, it is somewhat like a traitor mechanic but everyone has a "traitor" who they don't know about. That would make for an interesting (and possibly complex) set of interaction analysis if someone flips scum. Scum will flip as "A", "B", "C", or "D" so the town will be aware of the cycle so if two scum flip "C" and "B", town will know that B was aware of C but C was unaware of B.

As for the nightkills, I have two possible scenarios. The first is to run is as a setup where the night kill decision circulates. A decides on N1, B decides on N2 etc. The second is to run it as a nightless game by altering the numbers.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7015 (isolation #7) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:48 pm

In post 7012, LlamaFluff wrote:
In post 7001, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:A 15 player game with 4 scum, 11 town.

Scum don't know the names of all of their teammates, so it works somewhat like a traitor mechanic. Let's call the scum players, A, B, C, and D.

A receives a role PM saying that he is scum with B, C, and another player whose identity he will not be told.
B receives a role PM saying that he is scum with C, D, and another player whose identity he will not be told.
C receives a role PM saying that he is scum with D, A, and another player whose identity he will not be told.
D receives a role PM saying that he is scum with A, B, and another player whose identity he will not be told.

So, it is somewhat like a traitor mechanic but everyone has a "traitor" who they don't know about. That would make for an interesting (and possibly complex) set of interaction analysis if someone flips scum. Scum will flip as "A", "B", "C", or "D" so the town will be aware of the cycle so if two scum flip "C" and "B", town will know that B was aware of C but C was unaware of B.

As for the nightkills, I have two possible scenarios. The first is to run is as a setup where the night kill decision circulates. A decides on N1, B decides on N2 etc. The second is to run it as a nightless game by altering the numbers.
I have been thinking about this, and I like it as nightless because you are already going to have to need no night discussion because that makes it easy to just circulate the information.

That said im not quite sure on the numbers. At 2T:1M town has had a historical edge, so im thinking it would probably be either a 8:4 or 7:4 setup. Maybe 7:4 because scum would have a hard time actually getting a quick hammer in to win due to threat of hitting their unknown. Scum only need three mislynches still, but that last one becomes harder to pin down.

Need more setups of this size at least going through trial runs so want to see if this is actually workable
I feel the problem with nightless games is mostly that the number of mislynches needed to end the game varies depending on how many scum are lynched. How about a setup where scum need a certain amount of mislynches to win?

In that scenario, we could have 8 town: 4 scum and end the game if the town are reduced to 4 members at any point in the game.

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”