mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:10 am

Post by mykonian »

SensFan wrote:
mykonian wrote:oh, and GIEFF, you only found 2 slips, I though. Sens found one too. But you made that point hard for yourself by overdoing it. Most of the things you picked out were put there conciously. Most obviously with zilla :)
Myko, you missed the point. You should not be consciously putting 'slips', since it still looks bad on you.
I was a goon, and I couldn't win on my own. Zilla was a roleblocker that could. You hammered before I could get myself lynched, and get a lot of people to believe that Zilla must be town.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:00 am

Post by springlullaby »

Yayes, win!

This game was nicely modded, thanks mod. I wish I'd done better with my role, but at least I got an awesome suicide scene.

IMO scumZilla actually played pretty well with a perfectly executed 'OMGUS baiting. I think Goat succeed in the looking town part of dealing with her but not in the making his case appealing part. Though that kind of dynamic is a difficult situation to be in and I have never actually seen it executed successfully in favour of town.

Sensfan's move was gutsy, and spot on, and funny in retrospect, kuddos.

I'd qualify Gieff's play as epileptic. Man is there one person you didn't suspect during the course of the game?
Dourgrim wrote:
SensFan wrote:Do be completely honest, I've largely ignored them because it looks like your idea isn't to ask questions, but to call me out.
Not at all, SensFan. I wasn't even specifically addressing you in particular, to be honest, but rather was asking about playstyles in general. I've noticed a much more hostile playstyle becoming more prevalent around here, and I was trying to figure out how effective it is and whether it adds to the entertainment value of the game as a whole (since the entire point of a game is to provide entertainment for the players). I apologize if you feel like I was "calling you out" specifically... that was not my intention.
Lol, I think this is directed at me and I don't mind answering to the intention even if the criticism is very roundabout.

I wasn't nice D2 and D3:
- for defensive purpose: my play was wanting due to loss of interest and misvig N1 - my observation is that 'nice' get lynched quicker, angry keeps everyone on edge.

Why I wasn't nice to you in particular D3:
- you were most probably scum
- your case genuinely sucked (you blaming it on the mod flavour made me roll my eyes btw) and I had no reason to manage my buddy buddy points at that point in the game since it was under wrap in my opinion.

Note that I never crossed the line to overt insult or ad hominem - I take delighted pleasure in toying it.

Hope this answer your question :P
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:32 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

springlullaby wrote:IMO scumZilla actually played pretty well with a perfectly executed 'OMGUS baiting. I think Goat succeed in the looking town part of dealing with her but
not in the making his case appealing part.
Though that kind of dynamic is a difficult situation to be in and I have never actually seen it executed successfully in favour of town.
I'm not sure what else could have been done in that department. Let no one say I did not try. :)
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:53 am

Post by GIEFF »

springlullaby wrote:I'd qualify Gieff's play as epileptic. Man is there one person you didn't suspect during the course of the game?
It is my job to find anti-town explanation's for people's play, and their job to explain the pro-town reasons. Plus, the more people I attack, the more chances we get to test reactions.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:59 am

Post by SensFan »

GIEFF wrote:It is my job to find anti-town explanation's for people's play, and their job to explain the pro-town reasons.
I disagree.

If you're looking to find anti-Town explanations in everything, you WILL find anti-Town explanations in everything. And so the Scum are just as likely to be able to rebut the points, if you're just playing Devil's Advocate.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:41 am

Post by GIEFF »

FOS Sensfan
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:38 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I agree with Sens. Town's job is to figure out who's scum, not have the other townies prove they're town.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:24 am

Post by mykonian »

Xtoxm, you can also sit back, and hope your gut will do the work for you, or you are going to be very active, making sure that there is a lot to read, so that enough information is there to give people a good view on how everyone plays.

GIEFF got a lot of information, while not looking antitown, and because of that he was an important player. Sure, if he doesn't have a town around him that can use the information he creates, then it is not such a good tactic. But here he was the one that made the town do something.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:40 am

Post by GIEFF »

Xtoxm wrote:I agree with Sens. Town's job is to figure out who's scum, not have the other townies prove they're town.
If a player can't come up with a pro-town reason, then that is factored into the decision of who is scum and who isn't.

If a few players never get attacked, the town is missing out on a lot of information. All I'm saying is that while I did seem to attack everybody, I didn't suspect everybody equally.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:45 am

Post by SensFan »

GIEFF wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:I agree with Sens. Town's job is to figure out who's scum, not have the other townies prove they're town.
If a player can't come up with a pro-town reason, then that is factored into the decision of who is scum and who isn't.
Scum will come up with WAY more pro-Town reasons than Town.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:50 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”