Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:12 am

Post by militant »

Vote ting =)
for having a happy name.
[b]Lady Astor:[/b] "Winston, if you were my husband, I should flavour your coffee with poison."
[b]Churchill:[/b] "Madam, if I were your husband, I should drink it."
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:13 am

Post by ting =) »

Vote: MacavityLock

Hi.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:47 am

Post by MacavityLock »

So many good choices. But I think I'll
Vote: Dourgrim
for being Mafiascum-oldest.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:19 am

Post by Dourgrim »

I'm going to
vote: Panzerjager
because he's in both of my games at the moment and I feel like I'm being stalked. :|

(Or, I hit random.org and it spit out his name... take your pick.)
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:02 am

Post by subgenius »

Good morning, neighborinos. It looks looks like we've got ourselves a little murd-didilly-erer on the loose here. Well, isn't that a pickle? I hate to point fingers, but I have strong suspicions against Militant. He doesn't mow his lawn on schedule, there's a big oil spot in his driveway that he hasn't cleaned up, he refuses to remove those awful lawn ornaments despite being asked by the home owner's assocation several times, and he's left his trash cans at the curb after pickup twice in the last three months. I try not to call people names, but he's a miscreant, and he's hurting our property values. Now, I'm not some sort of expert on the mind of deviant criminial underworld types, but it seems to me that this is exactly the sort of inconsiderate attitude that a hardened gangland assassin would have.

vote:Militant
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:54 am

Post by GIEFF »

Panzerjager wrote:
Vote:GIEFF
For accusations in the pregame.
Technically, it was after I confirmed, and therefore no longer the pre-game. Excellent chainsaw defense, though.
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:13 am

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

Vote mykonian

I'M THE OBVIOUS SERIAL KILLER!!

*Slices Gieff's wrist, and lets blood pour into my cup of coffee...*
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:26 am

Post by GIEFF »

The joke is on you; my blood-sugar is low.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:57 am

Post by Dourgrim »

We have 9/12 voting so far. Not voting: GIEFF, springlullaby, dejkha

Of those three, one has posted (twice) and didn't vote. Conveniently enough, that person also has two votes on him and so could be the Day One Bandwagon-ee. And, OMGUS because he called me obvscum before I had even posted anything more than a "/confirm" in the thread.

unvote: Panzerjager

vote: GIEFF
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:00 am

Post by GIEFF »

I knew that installing the plush leather seats and big-screen TV in my wagon was a poor choice. It is by far the coolest wagon on my entire block.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:56 am

Post by ting =) »

You guys have just made me google "blood in coffee."

Apparently, putting menstrual blood in coffee is a hoodoo love spell.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:05 am

Post by PJ. »

Gieff, They game did not start and because Kloud has to say day begins. So it was still pregame. Also it was Simultaneuos to your /confirm.

Also Mykonian, We should ALL want to lynch mafia.
Unvote, Vote:Mykonian

For not wanting to lynch mafia. I'm pretty sure this is a huge scum slip.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:33 am

Post by Dourgrim »

Actually, Panzer, mykonian's logic is sound, if a bit oddly stated. He says that GIEFF has information the rest of us don't (i.e. implying a role that isn't Townie) and is also going after mafia. Ergo, GIEFF can't possibly
be
mafia if he's trying to
lynch
mafia, and no one pro-Town would out themselves as a Cop or Doc or any sort of useful power role before the game even starts, ergo he must be the SK.

Now, although that logic does work, it's certainly not bulletproof; there are far too many scenarios that would explain all of this... like, for instance, the usual meaningless chatter that people use to "spice up" Day One random voting. Furthermore, the SK isn't likely to out himself either so soon in the game, so I'm not convinced...

... BUT, that happens to be where my vote is currently sitting, and I'm still comfortable with it for the same reasons I stated above.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:42 am

Post by ting =) »

unvote. Vote:Panzerjager

For making a big thing out of a small thing.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:44 am

Post by springlullaby »

Vote subgenius
because.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:57 am

Post by Dourgrim »

Hmmm... so springlullaby suddenly appears on the scene after I note she hasn't posted, and then casts a meaningless vote (or at least it looks meaningless due to lack of explanation) after I criticize GIEFF for not voting while posting, despite there actually being a debate of sorts going on. Odd, somewhat suspicious, and definitely not helpful.

FoS: springlullaby
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:28 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

I don't want to crucify SL for making a random vote in the midst of a small amount of actual discussion.

Dourgrim: Do you think GIEFFs pre-game statement was serious? Do you think mykonian's vote on GIEFF was serious? How would a cop have information on 3 players before the game began? Why would a SK have information on 3 mafia members before the game began? How are you clearing GIEFF of being mafia under the assumption that he's "hunting mafia"?

Panzer: What are you basing your assumption that mykonian doesn't want to lynch mafia off of? Also, I can't tell if your last post is serious or not. Clarification?
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:34 am

Post by GIEFF »

ting, how serious was your vote for Panzerjager? Complete joke? Half-serious, half-joke? Completely serious?

For those who are still unclear: I picked three random names and said they were "obvscum" as a joke, and as a way to start discussion. I did not start the game with any information about who is and isn't scum.

So, to summarize your reasoning, Dourgrim:
  • I haven't voted yet.
  • I already had votes on me.
  • I called you obvscum in pre-game.
Am I missing anything?
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:48 am

Post by PJ. »

@Dourgrim: SK has only one piece of info the town doesn't, and that is that SK exist. He has no information on who is scum and who is not. So Mykonian is simply saying, He wants to lynch Mafia, he must be SK lynch him. Everyone should be wanting to lynch Mafia. Also, it makes more sense to go after mafia then the SK, because SK has a chance to cross kill Mafiates.

@Goatrevolt: He is calling GIEFF anti-town, for simply wanting to lynch mafia. Therefore, mykonian is mafia.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:49 am

Post by PJ. »

EBWOP: Ting, I'm propelling us out of Random Voting. I don't see how a scum slip is a small thing.
FoS:Ting
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:56 am

Post by Dourgrim »

Allow me to reply question by question, it helps organize my thoughts better.
Goatrevolt wrote:Dourgrim: Do you think GIEFFs pre-game statement was serious? Do you think mykonian's vote on GIEFF was serious?
Nope, hence my reference to "the usual meaningless chatter that people use to "spice up" Day One random voting." But it is possible mykonian
was
serious, so I explored the possibility.
Goatrevolt wrote:How would a cop have information on 3 players before the game began?
He wouldn't, of course, since the game began with Day. What Cop are you referring to? I didn't even imply anyone was a Cop. Rather, I said GIEFF's
unlikely
to be a Cop because a Cop wouldn't be likely to out himself in pregame. And where did the "3 players" part come from? Are you referencing GIEFF's "obvscum" comment in pregame, or did I miss something?
Goatrevolt wrote:Why would a SK have information on 3 mafia members before the game began?
He wouldn't... but he would have more information as to the setup of the game than a Townie would, which is what I said above. Also, here you reference the "3 mafia" again. Do
you
know something the rest of us don't? This isn't an open setup game to my knowledge, and the only weight I gave to the "knowledge pre-game" theory was because, via the roundabout thinking I detailed in my last post, mykonian's logic isn't complete crap. It's certainly not great, but it's not total garbage either.
Goatrevolt wrote:How are you clearing GIEFF of being mafia under the assumption that he's "hunting mafia"?
I'm certainly not clearing him... I'm
voting
for him, for cryin' out loud.
GIEFF wrote:For those who are still unclear: I picked three random names and said they were "obvscum" as a joke, and as a way to start discussion. I did not start the game with any information about who is and isn't scum.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured, which is why that part of my above reasoning for voting you was labeled "OMGUS" and therefore wasn't serious. The other reasons stand, though, which I will now respond to (I don't know how to copy the bullets so I ad-libbed, sorry):
GIEFF wrote:So, to summarize your reasoning, Dourgrim:
* I haven't voted yet.
* I already had votes on me.
* I called you obvscum in pre-game
Actually, it's because you
posted
and hadn't voted yet. It made you look like you were trying to avoid being accused of lurking without actually doing anything, and the posts you did make had no useful content in them. That made you a better candidate for a bandwagon than anyone else at the time, since I hadn't spotted anything else all that suspicious when I made that post.

For the record, I'm pretty much always this verbose when I play. I guess I prefer it to multi-posting. *shrug*
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:58 am

Post by dejkha »

Dourgrim wrote:We have 9/12 voting so far. Not voting: GIEFF, springlullaby, dejkha

Of those three, one has posted (twice) and didn't vote. Conveniently enough, that person also has two votes on him and so could be the Day One Bandwagon-ee. And, OMGUS because he called me obvscum before I had even posted anything more than a "/confirm" in the thread.

unvote: Panzerjager

vote: GIEFF
Sounds like you're overreacting way to much to what seemed like an obvious joke (calling you and two others obvscum is his confirm post).
Dourgrim wrote:Hmmm... so springlullaby suddenly appears on the scene after I note she hasn't posted, and then casts a meaningless vote (or at least it looks meaningless due to lack of explanation) after I criticize GIEFF for not voting while posting, despite there actually being a debate of sorts going on. Odd, somewhat suspicious, and definitely not helpful.

FoS: springlullaby
This also looks like you're overreacting. What it looked like to me, was Springlullaby casted a random vote and that's all. This is my first time posting since I confirmed and if I joke voted, would you be on my case because it was after you said I haven't voted? This is the first chance I had to post in the game since day one started. Ever think the same for her?

FoS: Dourgrim
because this early you seem awfully eager to write people off as possible scum for things with obvious explanations.
"You say that all my posts are stupid like a motherf***ing SOB. I'm sick and tired of your constant BS." - Zwet to me.

"Fuck you... You're a pompous, ignorant fool, dejkha, and I don't appreciate your incessant badmouthing of me." - Zwet
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:58 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Panzerjager wrote:Also, it makes more sense to go after mafia then the SK, because SK has a chance to cross kill Mafiates.
Anyone have a theory discussion to point me to on this? Because my gut feeling is that this is VERY wrong. I'd much rather get rid of an entire killing faction in one lynch than whittle the mafia down one at a time, even given the chance of crosskill. BTW, we don't even know whether we have an SK or not, but if we do, Panzer's my top choice for him.
Unvote: Dour. Vote: Panzer
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:07 am

Post by Dourgrim »

dejkha wrote:Sounds like you're overreacting way to much to what seemed like an obvious joke (calling you and two others obvscum is his confirm post).
I wouldn't call it "overreacting," more like "reacting to something." As I just posted above, obviously the "obvscum" thing was a joke, which is why that part of my reasoning was labeled with an OMGUS.
dejkha wrote:This also looks like you're overreacting. What it looked like to me, was Springlullaby casted a random vote and that's all. This is my first time posting since I confirmed and if I joke voted, would you be on my case because it was after you said I haven't voted? This is the first chance I had to post in the game since day one started. Ever think the same for her?
Yes, I did think the same for her, but I also think there was enough of a discussion in the thread that the time for "joke votes" was past... but none of that was really enough to convince me, which is why I only gave her a FoS instead of moving my vote. Does that make sense?
dejkha wrote:
FoS: Dourgrim
because this early you seem awfully eager to write people off as possible scum for things with obvious explanations.
I haven't written anyone off yet, not even GIEFF (who
still
has my vote). Besides, aren't we supposed to be eager to find scum? Or is it now considered better play to be passive in the thread and watch instead of actively hunting scum?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:19 am

Post by mykonian »

Panzerjager wrote:@Dourgrim: SK has only one piece of info the town doesn't, and that is that SK exist. He has no information on who is scum and who is not. So Mykonian is simply saying, He wants to lynch Mafia, he must be SK lynch him. Everyone should be wanting to lynch Mafia. Also, it makes more sense to go after mafia then the SK, because SK has a chance to cross kill Mafiates.

@Goatrevolt: He is calling GIEFF anti-town, for simply wanting to lynch mafia. Therefore, mykonian is mafia.
damn it, you got me. That thinking does however work when there are two scumgroups, but I made a mistake there :)

But personally I would lynch the SK, as it gives you more mislynches. If GIEFF would be the SK, then we should go for him.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”