[OLD] The Balance Quiz

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by GIEFF »

Questions

1. What is the Town EV (probability of the Town winning) for each setup?

a. 1:11 Vanilla -
60%.

b. 2:10 Nightless - Assuming 1 scum dies before it gets to 5-player lylo, I'd say 85% town,because 83% of the players are town to start with. To get to 5-player lylo, 5 townies in a row need to die, which is about 25% chance, and scum has a very good shot to win at that point, so I'll take 20% away from the 85% to reach
65%
c. 3:9 Double Day.
40%
. No idea.
d. 4:8 PairedLovers.
60%
. No idea.

2. In each setup, what does X need to be in order for a 10:X setup to be as close to a 50-50 balance (each side has a 50% chance of winning) as possible?

a. Vanilla - 300 (practically much less, as buddies will be found)
b. Nightless - 50 (practically much less, as buddies will be found)
c. PairedLovers - 100
d. PairedLovers Nightless - 25
e. PolyLovers - 11, technically, but it would play differently. Probably 13 with practical considerations (i.e. it is less likely than 10/21 that a scum will be lynched even if there are 10 scum out ouf 21 players, because scum-lynch = scum-loss)
f. Treestump - 55 (based on nightless guess of 50). If town wins, there will be 9 more dead townies than in nightless(9 more night phases)
g. White Flag - 250. No idea. I'm assuming that town needing to lynch one fewer scum more than offsets the ~5 fewer townies the scum need to get rid of to win.
h. Double Day - 150. Probably halfway between Vanilla and Nightless.

3. Put the following setups in order from lowest Town EV to greatest Town EV (least likely for the Town to win to most likely):

g
h
f
c
a
b
d
e

GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:57 am

Post by GIEFF »

Yes, but a scum would also notice townies happening to bandwagon on a scum and unvote. To lynch a scum in 10:11 polylovers, ALL ELEVEN TOWNIES must vote for the same scum. That is a very difficult thing to accomplish, and I think that even 10:13 polylovers might be scumsided, random-lynch EV aside.

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”