Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Worst Idea Mafia (Over, Town wins with 1 alive):

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Worst Idea Mafia

Flavor text? Start shooting already, motherfuckers.

Well, okay, wait until signups are over, THEN start shooting. Whatever.

Moderator:
Tarhalindur

Game State:
Day 1

Alive:

1) forbiddanlight, Townie (starting weapon: AK-47) survives

Dead:

8) hoopla, Mafia Goon (started with SPAS-15)

5) zwetschenwasser, Townie (started with FN P90)
6) Jahudo, Townie (started with AK-47)

10) Grandi, Serial Killer (started with FN P90)

11) PokerFace, Townie (started with Colt New Service Mk. I
9) MafiaSSK, Townie (started with Medigun)

7) animorpherv1 (rep. pacman281292), Mafia Goon (started with AK-47)

4) ShadowLurker (rep. Stef), Townie (started with SPAS-15)
2) Caboose (rep. Juls), Townie (started with AK-47)

12) Xtoxm, Serial Killer (starting weapon: AR-18)

3) Lord Gurgi (rep. Budja), Townie (starting weapon: AK-47) is dead

Deader than Dead:
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:30 pm, edited 26 times in total.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Rules:

<0> I am the Mod thy God. If a dispute arises, my decision is final. That said, I am not infallible - if I make a mistake or you have a question, please inform me of the problem (preferably via PM or bold text) and I will correct it.
<1> This is a game. I hope that you have fun. In return, I ask that you not have your fun at the expense of the other players in this game (in other words, don't be a jackass). Repeated or extreme violations of this rule will result in replacement or modkill.
<1a> Attempting to use loopholes in the rules to gain an advantage in the game is considered jackassery, and will be treated as such. This applies to things like encrypted codes, invisible text, editing and deleting posts, trying to use the structure of the role PM to gain an advantage, etc. Please, use your common sense!
<2> If there is a conflict between a role and the rules, the role wins.
<3> Claiming that another player is your scumbuddy will result in a modkill.
<4> Quoting private communications (role PM, mason conversations, etc.) or pretending to do the same will result in a modkill. Paraphrasing, however, is not only acceptable but encouraged unless I explicitly say otherwise.
<5> You may not talk with other people about this game outside of the thread (but see Rule 2).
<6> This game will have both a vote count and a FoS (Finger of Suspicion) count. All players will have 1 vote and 1 FoS (but see Rule 2).
<6a> In a Normal game, the FoS count will have no effect on the game other than breaking voting ties at deadline. Theme games make no such guarantee. (Especially not this one!)
<7> To help the game run smoothly, votes and FoS'es should be made in bold text, and use the format
Vote: XXXX
and
FoS: XXXX
, respectively. An unvote and/or unFoS is required to remove a vote or FoS; to unvote or unFoS, please use the format
Unvote: XXXX
or
UnFoS: XXXX
<8> If a player has a majority of votes, that player is lynched and cannot be unvoted. You may talk during twilight unless I state otherwise.
<9> Each game day will begin with a negotiable deadline of 2 weeks in place. At the end of each week, if I find the activity level in the game acceptable and the week does not end with the deadline, then I will extend the deadline by one week, to a maximum of twice the original deadline (a maximum of 4 weeks); the maximum deadlines are not retractable.
<10> If deadline occurs without a full majority and a majority of voting players are voting for a player, that player will be lynched. Otherwise, No Lynch will occur.
<11> You may elect to No Lynch any number of times during the course of the game. In order to No Lynch, one of the two following conditions must be met: either a majority of living players must vote no lynch, or no player receives a majority of votes before deadline. (To vote No Lynch, please use the format
Vote: No Lynch
. FoS'es for No Lynch will not be counted.)

<12> Don't drink and post, lest ye receive Public Humilitation. (This rule is an injoke and doesn't actually do anything.)
<13> This is a Twilight setup. All actions are submitted during the day and resolve at the end of twilight.
(This effectively makes Twilight a night where all players may still talk in the thread.)

<14> When you die, stop posting. You may make a single "Bah!"/"Frak you!"/etc. post in the thread. You may not include game content in this post. In addition, once you are dead, do not discuss the game with anyone other than the Mod until the game is over.
<15> All players need to post at least once every 72 hours, or inform me if this is not possible. If you do not post for 72 hours, you will be prodded. If you are prodded, then you will need to post something (a simple "/prodded" will suffice if you're short on time) within 72 hours or you will be replaced. You will receive an Official Warning the second time you fail to post for more than 72 hours. The third time you fail to post for 72 hours, you will be replaced.
<15a> If you have limited access, you need to post to this effect, either in V/LA or in the thread. If I prod you despite you declaring V/LA status, call me on it and I will be duly embarrassed.
<15b> If you post before I get around to handing out the prod, you avoid the prod.
<16> Players may only use one special ability per day (but see Rule 2). Passive abilities and factional abilities are not counted as special abilities for purposes of this rule.
<17> This game will start after all players have confirmed (by the method specified in their role PM).
<18> Any player who is modkilled automatically loses the game. I will modkill in the fashion that I deem most damaging to the modkilled player's faction.
<19> I reserve the right to add rules if necessary (or if I really, really want to).
<20> Okay, that's enough formal-sounding stuff. Good luck, have fun!

Game-Specific Rules:

<21> This is a Worst Idea setup. There are no days, no nights and no lynches in this game, and all actions resolve at Rapid Action speed. Each player begins the game with an amount of health and a weapon with a limited number of charges.
<22> All weapons have one ability (Primary Fire), which costs a certain number of charges and typically deals damage to a player. To use a weapon's Primary fire on someone, type
Fire: PLAYERNAME
in the thread.
<23> Some weapons may have a Final Fire. A Final Fire triggers when the person carrying that weapon dies or drops his weapon. Final Fire abilities are MANDATORY - if a Final Fire ability triggers, you must use it immediately.

<24> Dealing damage to a player removes shield from the target player. If more damage is dealt that that player has shield, then that damage removes health from that player.
<25> If at any time a player has 0 or less health, that player dies as a state-based effect.
<26> All weapons and active abilities have a Recharge Rate that triggers after use. A Recharge Rate means that you cannot use any activated ability (Weapon Primary Fire, Weapon Alt Fire, or active special ability) for that many hours after you use this ability.
<26b> Each weapon's Primary Fire and Secondary Fire have identical recharge rate. That recharge rate is shown at the bottom of each weapon's descriptive PM.
<27> Each player may drop his or her weapon at any time by posting
DROP: WEAPONNAME
in the thread at any time.
<27a> If there is a weapon dropped in the thread, each player may pick up that weapon by posting
TAKE: WEAPONNAME
in the thread, assuming he or she is not currently carrying a weapon. If two or more players attempt to pick up a weapon, the first player not currently carrying a weapon who attempted to pick that weapon up gets the weapon.
<27b> When a player is killed, that player will drop his or her weapon automatically.
<28> A player may hold only one weapon at any given time. If a player is holding more than one weapon at a time for any reason, that player must drop one of his or her weapons immediately.
<29> If a weapon has been dropped and has run out of charges, it will be removed from the game as a state-based effect.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Okay, signups are open. Closed setup. Everybody in, boys and girls! - Tar
User out of ambit.

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

/in.

Fire: Tarhalindur
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by Juls »

/in please
-------------------------------------
Juls
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by Budja »

/in
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:26 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

That's two. (Lulz forbiddanlight still can't resist shooting me. Apparently I am full of delicious candy. Just like DrippingGoofball.)

Edit: Er, 3. Silly me, posting commentary in a Marathon game. - Tar
User out of ambit.

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well, of course. I'm totally tsundere for you!
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:28 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

/in
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Come on, you know you want /in. - Tar
User out of ambit.

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well fine! Ignore me Tar! Not that it means anything!

Fire: Tarhalindur
-StrangerCoug

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Fire commands don't work yet. The game hasn't started.

Paper Fan of Doom commands, however, might work just fine... :P - Tar
User out of ambit.

Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:43 pm

Post by Juls »

Paper fan of doom: Juls
...I'm hot.
Juls
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Paper Fan of Doom: Tarhalindur

Baka baka BAKAAAAAAAAA! *runs off*
-StrangerCoug

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Wish I could fellas. Buds b-day party starts at 9:30 so I don't think I can. you guys have fun
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

/is suitably chastened by forbiddanlight, then notes that sometimes there's this TV Tropes Wiki page that *might* explain this behavior... maybe...

Oh yes, and Juls is out cold for a bit after knocking herself a bit too hard with a paper fan... - Tar
User out of ambit.

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:50 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

/is suitably chastened by forbiddanlight, then notes that sometimes there's this TV Tropes Wiki page that *might* explain this behavior... maybe...

Oh yes, and Juls is out cold for a bit after knocking herself a bit too hard with a paper fan... - Tar
Nu unh. It doesn't mean anything at all! *crosses arms and disdainfully looks away*
-StrangerCoug

AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by AceMarksman »

Man, I want to join this, but i'm too tired. I'll play if it runs tomorrow.
Show
"either he's scum and yay 1 less scum, or he's town and yay 1 less zwetschenwasser. " ~Moratorium
Words to live by.

My record: W/L/T/A
Overall:5/2/0/1
Town:5/2/0/1
Scum:0/0/0/0
3rd Party:0/0/0/0
pacman281292
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by pacman281292 »

/in

PLAY QUICK I ONLY HAS 1 HOUR
Show
Current statistics (not counting games previous to June 2010):
Align: W/L/O
Town: 0/1/0
Scum: 1/0/0
Other: 0/0/0
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

forbiddanlight wrote:

Nu unh. It doesn't mean anything at all! *crosses arms and disdainfully looks away*
Dammit, must remain professional... must ensure the safety of the rest of the class first...

In other news, I am considering postponing this game until tomorrow (probably 2:00 Central Standard Time [GMT -6]) due to lack of interest.. - Tar
User out of ambit.

Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by Juls »

can you wake me up with the smelling salts first...I am still knocked out...
Juls
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Dammit, must remain professional... must ensure the safety of the rest of the class first...

In other news, I am considering postponing this game until tomorrow (probably 2:00 Central Standard Time [GMT -6]) due to lack of interest.. - Tar
That's fair. Though I might not be here...We'll see.

I'm curious what the first is a reference to.
-StrangerCoug

pacman281292
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:47 pm

Post by pacman281292 »

Tarhalindur wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:

mehh... fair enough. I'll pray for getting internet at there :).
Show
Current statistics (not counting games previous to June 2010):
Align: W/L/O
Town: 0/1/0
Scum: 1/0/0
Other: 0/0/0
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:11 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

/in
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

/in OMGYESYES
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.

Return to “Completed Marathon Games”