Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Open 141 - Bird 7P - Game Over before 781

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:34 am

Post by Artem »

When the socks started to disappear off your clothes lines, you began to suspect that there may be mafia in your tiny little village. So, the seven of you got together and decided to settle this the old-fashion way: with a short rope and a long branch.

Game over,
town wins

Alive (4/7):

NabakovNabakov,
cop
, survived.

populartajo,
doctor
, survived.

Locke Lamora,
townie
, survived.

Mastin,
townie
, survived.

Bolded
players are confirmed.

Dead (3/7):

Datadanne,
mafia goon
, lynched Day 1.

Empking,
townie
, killed Night 1.

ekiM,
mafia goon
, lynched Day 2.
Last edited by Artem on Thu May 21, 2009 4:34 am, edited 15 times in total.
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:48 am

Post by Artem »

Rules:

(borrowed from Tarballs and modified)

1. This is a game. Don't take it too personally, remember to have fun, respect the other players and play to win.
2. Do not talk about this game outside the thread, unless your role PM allows you to do so.
3. Do not quote your role PM or any other PM's sent by me.
4. Do not edit or delete your own or anyone else's posts.
5. Do not use tiny font, otherwise hard-to-read text, or any cryptic code.
Blue
is reserved as mod color.
8. If you have something to ask from me, you can either ask it in-thread, in which case I will answer it in-thread, or by PM, in which case I will answer by PM.

9. Votes must be bolded. Unbolded votes do not count.
10. Unvotes must also be bolded. You do not have to include the name of the player you are unvoting.
11. A majority of votes is required for someone to be lynched or for there to be a no-lynch.
12. The player with the highest number of votes is lynched at deadline. In case of a tie, the first player to reach that number is lynched.
13. Votes cast after the deadline or a lynch do not count.
14. After a "hammer", the game enters twilight, where all players except the person lynched may continue discussion until the mod posts a death scene.
15. Lynched and night-killed players are allowed one "Bah"-style post.

The mafia may not disclose neither truthful nor false information about who their associates are. (i.e., no posts of the form "I'm mafia with X and Y")

17. I reserve the right to modkill players if I feel that they are breaking the rules or faking the breaking of the rules.

18. Deadline for every day is (Players alive *2)+6 real-life days. For example, with 12 alive it's 30 days, whereas with 3 alive it would be 12 days.
19. Deadlines may be extended, if there have been several replacements during a day.
20. Deadline for every night is 76 hours, with Saturdays and Sundays counting as 12 hours.
21. If you fail to post your night choice within the deadline, you will not act that night at all.
22. Inactivity for 72 hours, with Saturdays and Sundays counting as 12 hours, will result in a prod, unless you have announced of being V/LA.
23. Failure to post in thread within 24 hours of recieving the prod will get you replaced.
24. Everyone can only be prodded twice during a day. Third prod will automatically get you replaced.
25. Prods may be requested by the players for those who have not posted in at least 48 hours. These do not count towards the two prods/day issued by the mod.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:59 am

Post by Artem »

The Roles:

You are a
Vanilla Townie
. You have no special powers, other than your vote. You win when all the mafia has been eliminated.
You are a
Macho Cop
. Each night you may send me the name of one player you wish to investigate, and I will tell you whether they are a mafia or innocent. Because of the ego issues that come with your power, no doctor can protect you from the bullet with your name on it. You win when all the mafia has been eliminated.
You are a
Doctor
. Each night you may send me the name of one player you wish to protect. If that person is target by the mafia and is
not
a cop, they will survive. You win when all the mafia has been eliminated.
You are a
Mafia Goon
. Your partner in crime is ______, who you may talk to during the night phase of the game (quicktopic link). You win when all of the townies have been eliminated or when nothing can prevent the same.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:18 am

Post by Artem »

All role PMs are out. When everybody confirmed, I'll open up the thread for Day 1.

Everybody confirmed.

It is now Day 1. With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch somebody.

Deadline is Sunday, May 17th, 5:00pm EST.
Last edited by Artem on Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:07 am

Post by Mastin »

It still says pre-game...

Anyway,
Mastin Votes: Mastin
Meh, I do it so often, it might as well be a stylistic thing. ;)
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:12 am

Post by Empking »

Vote: Mastin
for self-voting.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:35 am

Post by populartajo »

Vote : Nab Nab

Ortolan thats a serious vote?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:36 am

Post by populartajo »

Lulz, change ortolan with Empking.
Call me Tajo.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:59 am

Post by ekiM »

OK, so this set-up is the Original Newbie set-up but the cop cannot be doc-protected. So no more breaking strategy. Once the cop claims he's not going to live to see another dawn, so he probably shouldn't do so unless he's in danger of being hammered or has investigation info that needs to be made public to break the game right open. This change also diminishes the importance of the doctor, as he can't be the hidden part of a game-breaking duo. He should still claim if in danger though, so that the lynch has a chance of hitting scum that day.

Thinking a little about counter-claims: It seems like the scum have less incentive to false-counter-claim either role than in Original Newbie, as they can surely take them out at night. They still might false-counter-claim the cop, especially to counter incriminating investigation info and try to get a cop mislynch out of the confusion before they went down. Not sure that they'd want to counter a doc. I don't think the doc in this set-up is worth as much as a mafioso. They can just kill him at night.

A mafioso threatened with lynch will most likely claim power role to try and flush out the real one and potentially save themselves for one day. Still possible that they'd claim vanilla for WIFOM reasons so I don't think a vanilla claim should get anyone a reprieve. Seems more likely they'd go for a cop claim than doc, as it's worth more to them to flush out the cop than the doc. I think if they do falsely doc claim then the real doc should probably counter if they think they can get the scum lynched, as taking out one scum is worth more than getting NKed and losing the small-ish chance of successful doc protection. If they falsely cop claim then it's possibly worth it to immediately counter, especially if you already have investigation info, but it's probably more worthwhile to wait until the next day if you can for more info to publish, both to bolster your claim and to provide us with more info before you bite the bullet.

Thoughts?
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

ekiM wrote:OK, so this set-up is the Original Newbie set-up but the cop cannot be doc-protected. So no more breaking strategy. Once the cop claims he's not going to live to see another dawn, so he probably shouldn't do so unless he's in danger of being hammered or has investigation info that needs to be made public to break the game right open. This change also diminishes the importance of the doctor, as he can't be the hidden part of a game-breaking duo. He should still claim if in danger though, so that the lynch has a chance of hitting scum that day.

Thinking a little about counter-claims: It seems like the scum have less incentive to false-counter-claim either role than in Original Newbie, as they can surely take them out at night. They still might false-counter-claim the cop, especially to counter incriminating investigation info and try to get a cop mislynch out of the confusion before they went down. Not sure that they'd want to counter a doc. I don't think the doc in this set-up is worth as much as a mafioso. They can just kill him at night.

A mafioso threatened with lynch will most likely claim power role to try and flush out the real one and potentially save themselves for one day. Still possible that they'd claim vanilla for WIFOM reasons so I don't think a vanilla claim should get anyone a reprieve. Seems more likely they'd go for a cop claim than doc, as it's worth more to them to flush out the cop than the doc. I think if they do falsely doc claim then the real doc should probably counter if they think they can get the scum lynched, as taking out one scum is worth more than getting NKed and losing the small-ish chance of successful doc protection. If they falsely cop claim then it's possibly worth it to immediately counter, especially if you already have investigation info, but it's probably more worthwhile to wait until the next day if you can for more info to publish, both to bolster your claim and to provide us with more info before you bite the bullet.

Thoughts?
I find it usually takes something special to disloge one of these three rules:
-Pro-town roles should claim honestly if forced to
-Pro-town power roles should claim when not forced at their own discrestion and with sensitivity to the specific situation.
-Lynch scummy players unless their claim is verifiable (in this case, not so easy)

Random
Vote: Datadanne
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Datadanne
Datadanne
Goon
Datadanne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:35 pm

Post by Datadanne »

ekiM wrote: Thoughts?
I endorse this.
I suggest we take caution in our votes, As we only have 4 to lynch.
When the socks started to disappear off your clothes lines, you began to suspect that there may be mafia in your tiny little village. So, the seven of you got together and decided to settle this the old-fashion way: with a short rope and a long branch.
Bet it was Mastin who convinced us to do this with a 3 Hour speech.

Original Roll String: 1d7
1 7-Sided Dice: (3) = 3
Show
Acheivements:

- Won 400000$ in Mafia Deal or no deal.
- Killed 3 mafia members in his first 3 vig nights.
- Reserved
Datadanne
Datadanne
Goon
Datadanne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by Datadanne »

Vote: NN

:shock:
Show
Acheivements:

- Reserved
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:01 pm

Post by Artem »

Day 1, Votecount 1

Mastin - 2 (Mastin, Empking)

NabakovNabakov - 2 (populartajo, Datadanne)
Datadanne - 1 (NabakovNabakov)

Not voting - 2 (Locke Lamora, ekiM)

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch somebody.
Deadline is Sunday, May 17th, 5:00pm EST.
Last edited by Artem on Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Datadanne
Datadanne
Goon
Datadanne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:57 pm

Post by Datadanne »

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:01 am

The 17th of april, huh?

:D
Show
Acheivements:

- Reserved
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:56 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Hi everyone, this is my first open game; hopefully it goes better than my first newbie game!

Just to check that I'm understanding correctly: the original newbie setup was considered broken because the cop could claim on Day 1 and keep investigating each night whilst being protected by the doctor, so this set-up is used to make it impossible for that to happen and thus render that strategy useless. Is that right?
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:36 am

Post by Empking »

populartajo wrote:
Vote : Nab Nab

Ortolan thats a serious vote?
No, sounds like playstyle.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:49 am

Post by Artem »

Datadanne wrote:
The 17th of april, huh?

Ugh. It's May 17th, of course.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:54 am

Post by ekiM »

Locke Lamora: Pretty much. The cop/doc interaction in such a small game was broken. This set-up makes for much more complicated decisions to be made than just "follow the cop".

I can confirm that Mastin likes to vote for himself in the RVS. Nulltell.

Populartajo: I heard you weren't a fan of the random voting stage! Me neither. I wonder, is it better to cast a random vote and try to move things on from the RVS ASAP, or is it better to refuse to cast random votes and move straight to discussion in one's first post? I'm not yet sure which is best, but I am reminded of the words of Gandhi: "
You must be the change you want to see in the world
".
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:29 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

On the topic of the RVS, one of the ICs in the Newbie game I'm currently in (779) has actually suggested that we go without the RVS altogether and try and stimulate discussion in other ways. It's turning into quite a debate but I'm not sure how effective it is as a tactic. I don't have much experience anyway, so I'd quite like to see how a normal random voting stage goes.

Vote: ekiM

If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:20 am

Post by populartajo »

ekiM wrote:
Populartajo: I heard you weren't a fan of the random voting stage! Me neither. I wonder, is it better to cast a random vote and try to move things on from the RVS ASAP, or is it better to refuse to cast random votes and move straight to discussion in one's first post? I'm not yet sure which is best, but I am reminded of the words of Gandhi: "
You must be the change you want to see in the world
".
I indeed hate the random voting stage so its time to ask some questions that got me night killed in a previous game.

1) How experienced would you consider yourself?

2) What do you prefer : being scum or town?

3) How do you scumhunt?
Call me Tajo.
Datadanne
Datadanne
Goon
Datadanne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:31 am

Post by Datadanne »

Annoying the mod and players time!

The town was totally convinced by NN´s claim, And in the end they decided to lynch...

The town was kinda bored at failing
Datadanne went to the toilet.
5 times.
Then he fell asleep.

Datadanne has fell asleep, He will wake up when some action happens.

Show
Acheivements:

- Reserved
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:09 am

Post by ekiM »

Datadanne, if you think things are moving too slowly, you might try commenting on something, or asking some questions, or answering populartajo's questions. Speaking of which...

1) Not very experienced. I have played three games on another site, and don't have any completed games here.

2) Town. I enjoy trying to figure out what's going on, not so much pretending to do so.

3) I'm not quite confident enough yet to be one of those super-aggresive / borderline-sociopathic scumhunters. What I mainly do is look for anything that strikes me as odd or inconsistent and ask that it be explained. I mostly don't point out every little scummy thing until I can build a case that convinces me it would be a good lynch, then I try to convince other people. I don't usually vote or directly voice my suspicions until there is some of what I consider real evidence.

I think if everyone answered those we might have something to start going off.
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:24 am

Post by Mastin »

Hmm...

There's not enough conversation going on.
I can't scum hunt with what you're giving me.
Desperate times... :/

Mike's early thoughts are dead-on. I want to quote the whole thing (specifically, piece by piece) to say just how I agree with it, but that always gets me into trouble, nowadays. :roll:
Data wrote:Bet it was Mastin who convinced us to do this with a 3 Hour speech.
I thought it was five, Data. Was it really that short? :P
Locke wrote:Hi everyone, this is my first open game; hopefully it goes better than my first newbie game!
When facing off against Alduskkel, two (...and a half) words describe your side:

You're screwed. :P
There wasn't much you could've done against his play, Locke, but you did your best, in my opinion.
(<--Browsed through the first ten pages, then read all the rest) ;)
[s]Mike[/s] ekiM wrote:I can confirm that Mastin likes to vote for himself in the RVS. Nulltell.
Only at the start of the game, though. Even if I replace in and it's still considered the random voting stage, I'd probably not random vote. *coughssevenfortwo* ;)
Locke wrote:On the topic of the RVS, one of the ICs in the Newbie game I'm currently in (779) has actually suggested that we go without the RVS altogether and try and stimulate discussion in other ways.
Reading that one, too. (No, I'm not stalking you; I'm stalking
the mod
of that game. :P)

It's an interesting strategy, to say the least. :)
Pop wrote:1) How experienced would you consider yourself?
After 742, I gained rather the ego, especially with a nearly identical result in 735. I've been known to nail half or more the scum off of intuition both here, and on epicmafia. I'm night-killed the day after I start playing more often than not, because of my record. I constantly search for games in lylo to deflate my ego. I've finished two true games, yet including all of my games where I am dead, I have the experience of a new IC-level player, I suppose.
So, yea, not the best, but fairly experienced, to say the least.
2) What do you prefer : being scum or town?
In order,

Cop (especially with guilties--I love seeing the look of terror in my enemy's eyes when they realize I'm the king of the game and that I just dominated them)
Townie (Some people shoot me rather than a semi-confirmed power role when I'm a townie, because they know that if they can't lynch me, I'll lynch them.)
Scum (Meh, this is neutral. Doctors I hate being, Cops and Townies I like being more)
Doctor (FACT: If you're night-killed so often, it really helps if you have protection. If you're the only thing that can GIVE protection, you're in rather the bad situation.)

For the reasons given in parenthesis.
In other words, yea, I like being town.
3) How do you scumhunt?
Several different ways.
1: Dissecting posts, line by line.
2: Using varients of Slayer's and Fong's gambit to catch scum in the act.
3: Good luck,
4: Smallest possible scum tells-->Worthy of investigation (if cop).
5: Theorizing,
6: Engaging in the wifom of the length of the night, the person targeted during the night, etc.
7: A tad bit of good instinct,

And the list drags on and on. Yea, I basically use everything at my disposal, regardless of rile.
[s]Mike[/s] ekiM wrote:Datadanne, if you think things are moving too slowly, you might try commenting on something, or asking some questions, or answering populartajo's questions.
Data's acting more like his pro-town self, at least. While he does generally dislike things moving slowly regardless of role, his attitude is not that of scumdanne.
...I think. :/

Anyway,
Mastin Unvotes: Mastin

Mastin Votes: Empking
. This is blatant OMGUS.

Mastin minor FoS's: Naba
. No reason here.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:55 am

Post by Mastin »

I fail at typo-checking. >_>
Mastin wrote:at my disposal, regardless of rile.
Rile-->Role. :/

By the way, there's rather the hilarious story as to why I remembered to post the above.
You see, Terminator 3 was recently shown on television.
I watched the first half.

I went to the wiki to read the rest.
And read every Terminator article I could, including Terminator 2.

Which referenced an episode of The Simpsons which I still remember.
Which made me think of earlier in the episode, where Homer goes,
"Nacho, Nacho maaaan, I wanna be a Nacho Man", which is a parody of the song, Macho Man.
And Macho Man made me think of the Wiki article on Macho Cops (which is Bird 7P),
Which made me think of this game.

So,
through Horror's Murder, Hilarity, a Hint of Music (through Macho Man), I thought of the Mystery involved in Mafia.
How's that for alliteration rambling?

Seriously, though, I am beginning to see why Data was spamming the Open Que out of boredom; the game is never fun until there's the excitement that scum hunting brings. :)
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends

Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:32 pm

Post by Mastin »

Oh, come on, you've got to be kidding me.
Talk to me.
It's boring.

Really, what do I have to do to actually get you people playing?
Claim scum?
Doctor?
Cop?

Do something scummy like ask for a mass-roleclaim?
Ask the mod to mass-prod anyone who hasn't posted for 24 hours?

Seriously,
say something, already
!

Part of my playstyle is seeing the reactions from other players to my actions. When people don't say anything, that's a little hard!

Really...
Come on.

The whole point of me joining this game was to have some fun. It's a little hard to have fun when you're sitting and your computer, waiting for someone to say something!

You're boring me out of my mind. :/

Really, get the debates going, let the discussion fly.
It's not a true game until I get to attack players, defend my attacks, defend against their attacks, and have the pressure of votes. Until then, it's...well, boring. Surely, someone else believes the same as me?

Really,
Start Talking!

[/rant]
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”