Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2627 (isolation #0) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by Midnight's Sorrow »

^I'd play that.

Sounds awesome :D
W/L/O
T: 8/6/1
S: 1/4/0
O: 0/2/0
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3020 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:26 pm

Didn't know whether to put this in the Open Set-up Review and Discussion thread or this one, but seeing as Open's are supposed to be normal games... this won out. Tell me if it shoud be in the other thread though...

Game of Trust Mafia:

An Uninformed Minority vs Uniformed Majority game.

8:12

8 Mafia Goons

10 Vanilla Townies

1 Cop

1 Doctor

*Set-Up is known from the beginning.
*Mafia will not know who anyone is, even there own teammates- therefore there will be no QT.
*Town will not know who anyone is.
*Mafia kill will be decided by majority vote via each mafiosi PM'ing the mod.
---In the case of a tie, first to reach the majority will get chosen.
*Mafia kill
can
kill mafia as well as town.
*Cop will get "Mafia" or "Town" results.
*Doctor protect will always go through.

Thoughts?
Complaints?
W/L/O
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3037 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:22 pm

wierdalexv wrote:@Midnight's Sorrow: Come on, that was my idea! Did you mean for follow the cop?

I'm... sorry? :?

Uninformed minority vs Uniformed Majority wasn't my idea, and I'll never say it was.

I just happened to play a similar game else that turned out to be a lot more fun then I thought it'd be, and... well, yeah xD

As for Follow the Cop- not really. I think the game concept can be played either entirely vanilla, just a cop, just a doc, or both.

TwistedSpoon wrote:@MS: i think it would be broken in essence

scum slip because they know more than townies. When both are cluless what's to make scum slip? How can scum be caught? There'd be no chainsaws, bussing or anything else

what's to separate scum play from town play other than numbers and a secret kill?

I honestly don't know what to say to all this...

Seraphim wrote:Town has to follow the cop because two mislynches = loss.

Hmm... I don't think so. The fact that mafia don't know who the mafia are, means that the mafia could outnumber town with the game still going on- Since they don't know who the other scum are, it could go either way, because even if they did outnumber the town at some point and they all claimed Mafia, the rest of town would most likely just follow suit.... and it would be like the reverse of "Everyone's claimed VT!"

Of course, in the game I played that never happened- cause it was neck and neck through out.

Seraphim wrote:That's of course assuming they ever get to majority.

Hmm... I think I should have been more clearer- when I said mahjority i simply meant that whatever player had the most Mafia Night votes- would get killed. IE: If four of the mafia choose the same target, and the other four each choose a diffrent target- the one that four of the mafia choose would end up getting killed.

MAybe I should have rephrased that part :/

Magister Ludi wrote:When does that uniformed vs uniformed end? Scum have no idea who other scum are, so even if they are in a majority, they don't know who the other are, could mislynch scum and the nightkill scum.

Is the game over when there is one person alive and its their alignment? What if two scum are left and shoot eachother? too many questions, it just doesnt sound fun at all.

The win cons would be like this:

Mafia- You win when the Town have all been eliminated.
Town- You win when the Mafia have all been eliminated.

EDIT:

Forgot to mention- although flavor isn't that important- this kind of concept strikes me like the Godfather( basically who the mafia will be sending their kill targets to, and who makes the kill happen) testing his new mafia initiates in a small game of trust. Since Mafia team's strongest ability in any game is the fact that they are more informed(which I always assume is thanks to the GF anyways) then the town they are in, it's like a whole, "Prove your worth to the Godfather" kind of thing.

Or maybe I'm just wierd :?

Oh well -shrug-
W/L/O

Return to “Mafia Discussion”