saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Nikanor wrote:DTM: I don't care about what you said in parentheses. I care about this:
DTM wrote:Mastin still hasn't confirmed. What are the chances that he is reading the game so far.
That's defending.

@hohum: Why isn't your vote on DTM yet? You seem to agree with my post 20, so why are you still voting for Mastin?
you seem eager to derail a BW in progress and just as quickly start up a new one. Only difference is this one isn't RVS.

Not everyone plays the same. Some people will switch votes on the slightest whim, others need lots of hard evidence. There isn't enough yet for me to get out of RVS.

defending others does not [always] equal scummy.
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:28 pm

Post by DTMaster »

@Nik

1. You didn't point out how I'm bitching.

2. I said in my 22 you can interpret it as a defense. I retort that yes you can see it that way but I was only stating what I saw. What was in parentheses shows that in the context, and time frame of that post, and your RVS vote on post 4 all states: Mastin hasn't confirmed yet.

3. Explain to me how that statement could be used to defend Mastin Nik? I just said: He hasn't confirmed what are the chances he is reading this game? as you quoted.

4. You are admitting to ignoring what I wrote in parenthesis, which is part of what I said. Explain yourself why you chose to ignore it when quoting me?
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by DTMaster »

EBWOP: I should say explicitly. Implicitly my 11 would be read as: You think the L-3 is scummy and picking on a person who isn't confirmed is scummy. But you would need to
infer this from my post
using your own judgment, rather then me saying out right: "I defend Mastin".
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by hohum »

@ saberwolf: practice what you preach. I can answer questions directed at me without your help. Think about that next time you call someone out.

@Nikanor: I'll throw my vote around as I please. Feel free to now allow that to stop you form doing whatever it is that you call scum hunting.

You guys are all really dysfunctional. I can tell this is going to be a frustrating game.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by hohum »

EBWOP: now allow == not allow
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by DTMaster »

@Hohum

I think Sabre just did (unless that was an expression you just used then I'll hit my head for not getting it and just looked at the literal meaning of the: practice what you preach with what was just posted)
Sabrewolf wrote: defending others does not [always] equal scummy.
Also there is a concept called pressure voting (but psst. It's a secret so don't tell any one. It's when you vote someone closer to L-1 to pressure them into talking more. Which is something that you wanted us to do in your 13 post against Mastin. /snarky comment)

@Town
Before we go and tunnel each other to death, half the town hasn't posted yet and its only been a couple of days. Give it a couple more to let the town come in before more fanning commences.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by hohum »

I don't care whether you hop on the mastin wagon or not. I do care whether you try and prematurely tear it down.

I also care when other people tell ME what to do with MY vote. That's called leading.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by DTMaster »

@Hohum.
I'm doing an impressive job to stop half the town from voting Mastin then, considering they haven't posted anything yet. /sarcasm
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by Nikanor »

@DTM:
1. You're bitching about the wagon by defending Mastin. I thought this should be fairly obvious.
2. I don't see the point of this point.
3. You said: 'He hasn't confirmed, what are the chances he is reading this game?' right after he was put at L-3 for the sake of a good bandwagonning. If you can't see how that is defending him, I can't help you.
Wikipedia wrote:Parentheses (singular, parenthesis)—sometimes called round brackets, curved brackets, oval brackets, or just brackets, or, colloquially, parens — contain material that could be omitted without destroying or altering the meaning of a sentence.
Don't blame me if you lack basic knowledge of English grammar.

@hohum:
I also care when other people tell ME what to do with MY vote. That's called leading.
Is this directed at me?

@DTM (again): Why have you ignored my post 24?
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:57 pm

Post by saberwolf »

my defending comment was a semi attack at nik, and was not used as a defence for hohum. take from it what you will though.

I agree with DT. Let's wait for more people to post before taking this bitchfest too far. We can look at this later if need be.
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:57 pm

Post by hohum »

Yes, that was directed at you.

Perhaps I'm not being blunt enough: You're scum for demanding that I place my vote on DT.

Unvote, Vote Nikanor
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by Nikanor »

DTM wrote:I just said: He hasn't confirmed what are the chances he is reading this game?
You are admitting to ignoring what I wrote in parenthesis, which is part of what I said. Explain yourself why you chose to ignore it when quoting me?
So it's okay for you to paraphrase, but it is not okay for me to paraphrase the same thing. Double standards much?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Well, I don't see where I TOLD you to place your vote anywhere. I simply asked a question, that question being why you thought your vote was better used on Mastin rather than DTM, even though you clearly agreed to my point against him. Please answer the question this time instead of avoiding it.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by DTMaster »

@Nik

Sorry Nik but I didn't see it (it jumped to page 2 when I was making my post see my 26 and the timing of sabre's 25)

But yes it makes my vote very OMGUS in reasoning. But I interpreted as hohum twisting my words when I'm just stating some information from what I saw and read.

Also my responses:

1. I'm not. I don't care about the L-3 wagon. I care about how hohum twisted what I stated (which applies to you). The wagon is useful to generate a reaction and from there we can gauge the person's reaction since the town doesn't have anything concrete on the player's alignment. As I stated like 3-4 times now:
I just found it odd since it was the first time I saw one on page 1

2. The point is read my 27. I agree that you can interpret my post as a defense post, but I'm asking you to
explicitly show how I did it

3. I'm dense and dumb with an IQ of a rock. Enlighten me please since it looks like you can't support your own claim yourself.

4. Engish/Grammer Nazi (but you will be ignoring a large part of my posts. Oh gee, look at that.)
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Eww simupost city + hyperactivity.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by saberwolf »

this is retarded guys. We have now effectively all pointed fingers at each other...so apparantly 4 of us are scum, and everyone else who is idling by is townie -_-

new topic: have any of you guys played with anyone else here in this game? any personal meta insight about them?[other than mastin]
Show

DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:05 pm

Post by DTMaster »

@Nik
Nik wrote: So it's okay for you to paraphrase, but it is not okay for me to paraphrase the same thing. Double standards much?
You can paraphrase. You just said:
Nik wrote:DTM: I don't care about what you said in parentheses
There is a difference from paraphrasing your words and
not caring what I said an parentheses
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:07 pm

Post by hohum »

Nikanor wrote:
Well, I don't see where I TOLD you to place your vote anywhere. I simply asked a question, that question being why you thought your vote was better used on Mastin rather than DTM, even though you clearly agreed to my point against him. Please answer the question this time instead of avoiding it.
I'm not avoiding anything. I'm taking you on head long. You asked that question for a reason. Don't pretend it was an innocent question, because nothing ever is. This game is full of lots of grey area.

You were hinting at something, and I'm quite sure you had a couple of different rebuttals pre-planned depending on my answer.

Sorry dude, but I'm not going to follow YOUR script. You had no right to question my vote (or lack there of) when the original target of my aggression has yet to present himself in thread. You and DT both effectively mooted pressure on a potentially useful wagon.

You're doing an excellent job of introducing a lot of hostility and misdirection into the discussion so far.
magichands
magichands
Townie
magichands
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:07 pm

Post by magichands »

I really over extended my range game wise because I was a tad impatient and didnt really know how long it took to get a game together, so please look for a placement for me.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by DTMaster »

@Sabre

Current Metas:

1.Currently playing with you Sabre and Scott.
2.I played a game with Nik.
3. Know about Mastin, and a little bit about hohum.
4. I know about Admiral (for about 2 posts before... well I can't say since it's ongoing).
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by Nikanor »

I've played with DTM and hohum.
DTM makes long-winded posts, but I only played with him for about a week after he replaced into a game of mine before I got nk'd.
I'm playing a game with hohum. He is abrasive and seems to tunnel a lot. I find it strange that he has switched his vote to me so easily.
I've pseudo-played with Cain and saberwolf (that being the newbie game where day three both started and ended when I was V/LA. Both saberwolf and Cain replaced in close to the start of day three).
I've briefly played with ThAdmiral. (He posted once after replacing in and got Nk'd).
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by DTMaster »

@Magic
Aww. :< Replacement already....
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:11 pm

Post by hohum »

Nikanor wrote:I'm playing a game with hohum. He is abrasive and seems to tunnel a lot. I find it strange that he has switched his vote to me so easily.
Nikanor: Don't worry. I plan on riding you like a rodeo donkey.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by Nikanor »

hohum wrote:You're doing an excellent job of introducing a lot of hostility and misdirection into the discussion so far.
Thanks. I'm glad to see someone can out-do you, hohum.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:13 pm

Post by Nikanor »

saberwolf wrote:you seem eager to derail a BW in progress and just as quickly start up a new one. Only difference is this one isn't RVS.
That was an attack? I think real reasons are much better for starting a BW over random reasons, thank you very much. Are you telling me you think the opposite?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”