Mini 838: Jeopardy in Jefferson (Game Over)

Jeffcole1
Jeffcole1
Goon
Jeffcole1
Goon
Goon

Mini 838: Jeopardy in Jefferson (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by Jeffcole1 »

It's another ordinary day in your humble little town of Jefferson, Texas. Everyone's off to conduct their usual business...nothing unusual here...

That is, until a group of you find the corpse of your mayor in front of City Hall, riddled with bullets. On his body lies a note that says, "Surrender to us now or his fate will be yours!"

Of course, all the other citizens of this town are bleedin' cowards, so it's up to the twelve of you to find the Mafia hitmen responsible for this travesty and get rid of them by any means necessary. Mob justice seems like a good enough idea...

However, there have been a few suspicious characters around town lately, so who can you trust? Can you trust
anyone?

Game Status:
Game Over, Mafia Wins

Still Kickin':

Cobalt
Nameless
, Mafia Godfather, Survived
saberwolf
CoCo
Shikahake7
, Mafia Goon, Survived
yabbaguy, Mafia Goon, Survived

Buried on Boot Hill:
MonkeyMan576, Sane Cop, Lynched Day 1

StrangerCoug
Scott Brosius
, Vanilla Townie, Gunned Down Night 1

Tjoe Min Ja, Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 2

Chaco, Deputy
(originally
Vanilla Townie
),
Gunned Down Night 2

tracker, Bodyguard, Gunned Down Night 3

peanutman, Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 4

dramonic
Tonkatsu
, Vanilla Townie, Killed in Endgame

EriktheRed
DukeBanks227
, Miller, Killed in Endgame

MightyFireball, Insane Cop, Killed in Endgame

Dumped in a Ditch:

No one was modkilled!
Last edited by Jeffcole1 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:51 am, edited 20 times in total.
Current Games:
--Munchkin Quest Tournament (Game A: Jeffcole1 vs. RedPanda vs. Ravel vs. animorpherv1 vs. Kcdaspot)
--Shadow Hunters
--Haunted Mansion
Jeffcole1
Jeffcole1
Goon
Jeffcole1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by Jeffcole1 »

Jeffcole1's Mafia Contract
(with elements borrowed from various mods)

As your moderator, I will:

1. Treat this game as a commitment, both to myself and to you, the players.
2. Resolve any and all disputes in a timely and unbiased manner. In any situation not covered by these rules, my word is final.
3. Post an updated vote count no less than once per real-life day.
4. Prod anyone who fails to post in the thread for 72 consecutive hours (not counting weekends or U.S.-recognized holidays), or upon request by either at least three (3) living players or at least half of all living players, whichever is less; players so prodded must respond in thread within 48 hours of receiving said prod or be replaced. If three prods are issued to a single player in a single game day, or if five prods are issued to a single player over the course of the game, that player will be automatically replaced.
5. Be open to having any mistakes on my part pointed out in a civil manner, and correct such mistakes at the first opportunity.
6. Replace or, failing that, modkill any player found to be in violation of the rules listed below. Modkills will be carried out in the manner which I deem most damaging to the offender's original faction. In addition, a player who is modkilled will be turned into a Neutral Survivor, and thus automatically lose, regardless of whether their original faction wins.
7. Inform all players if I anticipate losing access to the game for a period of time which would prevent me from carrying out the above obligations. In such a case, control of the game will be turned over to my backup mod, TDC.

As players in this game, you are expected to:

1. Treat this game as a commitment to yourself, to your fellow players, and to me.
2. Be civil to your fellow players and to me; no one likes a jackass.
3. Be active; at least one post per 24 hours is recommended. Also see the above note regarding prods and replacement.
4. Refrain from using
red text
in your posts, as this is my mod color. Anyone using red text without intent to impersonate me will have said text edited to black and be given a warning. Anyone caught impersonating me for any reason will be forcibly replaced or, failing that, modkilled.
5. Refrain from attempting to hide text via invisible or small text tags. Any such text found will be made visible or simply deleted, and the offender will be given a warning.
6. Refrain from editing or deleting posts, should you have the ability to do so.
7. Refrain from communicating with other players outside of this thread, except where explicitly permitted by your role PM.
8. Refrain from further posting once your death scene has been posted. You are permitted one "Bah!"-type post, as long as said post does not contain any game-related information.
9. Refrain from quoting, or pretending to quote, any personal communications with me or with other players; doing so is grounds for an immediate modkill. Paraphrasing private information is allowed, but if your paraphrase is deemed too close to the actual content of the PM in question, you may be at risk of a modkill. If you're not sure, PM me first and I'll decide if it's too close.
10. PM me with any questions regarding your role or other private information; do not post such questions in the thread.
Bold
any requests made toward me in thread for ease of detection.
12. Post a notice in the thread if you anticipate being absent for longer than 48 hours. If you will be absent for a particularly long time, I may deem it necessary to replace you.
13. Have fun and enjoy the game.

Voting, Deadlines, and Lynches:

1. A simple majority of all living players must agree on one person for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down). Once said simple majority is reached, unvotes will not stop the lynch.
2. Please submit votes as:
Vote: <name>
. Votes will NOT be counted otherwise! Abbreviations are accepted, as long as it is clear who is being voted for.
3. Please submit vote revocations as either
Unvote: <name>
or
Unvote
. Unvotes are required before changing votes.
4. You may
Vote: No Lynch
- a simple majority of votes of this type are required to send the game to Night phase without a Lynch.
5. Once a simple majority is reached (for either a lynch or No Lynch), the game immediately enters Twilight. This lasts until I post a death scene and lock the thread. All players may continue to post during Twilight, including the player to be lynched (if any).
6. In this game, each Day phase will have a fixed, non-negotiable deadline of 4 weeks (28 days). This deadline may be shortened at my discretion if I feel discussion is lagging. If a simple majority is not reached by the deadline, No Lynch will occur. Each Night phase will have a non-negotiable deadline of 4 days. Any Night actions not submitted by the deadline will be forfeit, unless the owner's role PM says otherwise.

At least one player in this game is a Vanilla Townie, with the following role PM:
Vanilla Townie PM wrote:Greetings,
<name>
. You're just an ordinary citizen of this quaint little town, but you're not going to let that stop you from doing your part to hunt down the Mafia and show them that they picked the wrong town to take over.

You're a
Vanilla Townie
. You have no special powers other than your mind and your vote. Use them wisely! You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. The game thread can be found here.

Please confirm via return PM.
Last edited by Jeffcole1 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Games:
--Munchkin Quest Tournament (Game A: Jeffcole1 vs. RedPanda vs. Ravel vs. animorpherv1 vs. Kcdaspot)
--Shadow Hunters
--Haunted Mansion
Jeffcole1
Jeffcole1
Goon
Jeffcole1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by Jeffcole1 »

Role PMs are going out.

It is now Night 0 (Confirmations).

Please confirm receipt of your role PM via return PM to me. Any players whose roles allow them to communicate at night may do so, but no night actions may be used. Once all players have confirmed, the game will begin.
Current Games:
--Shadow Hunters
--Haunted Mansion
Jeffcole1
Jeffcole1
Goon
Jeffcole1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:03 am

Post by Jeffcole1 »

I'm going to give Duke_Banks227 and Tonkatsu another 24 hours to confirm before I start looking for replacements. In the meantime, everyone else has confirmed, so...

Let the game begin!

It is now Day 1. With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch. Deadline is September 23, 2009, at 9:00 PM EST.
Current Games:
--Shadow Hunters
--Haunted Mansion
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:18 am

Post by Chaco »

Hay guys.

Vote: PeanutMan

I'm allergic. <.<
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:19 am

Post by Chaco »

EBWOP:

Hey***
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:21 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Vote: Chaco

Leaves don't play violins, silly.

...am I understanding that avatar correctly?
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:22 am

Post by Chaco »

It's Makar from LoZ: WW. So yes, he is a leaf sage, that plays the violin.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:39 am

Post by yabbaguy »

I don't know Zelda that much... but I don't think the walking leaf would be my preferred character of choice. ^_^

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Vote: Nameless

Just the name screams of lurking.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Vote: Tjoe Min Ja

Since I can't even comprehend this name
Shikahake7
Shikahake7
Goon
Shikahake7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:28 pm

Post by Shikahake7 »

Heya everybody! I'm still relatively new here, this is my first game outside of the Newbie area, so be gentle :D

That being said feel free to ram me up the ass if I fuck up ^^ The only way to learn is to be beaten as hard as possible :D

Vote: Scott Brosius

This is the interwebz, names that are properly capitalized, don't contain letters, and sound like actual names are NOT ALLOWED!!! >:O SLAY THE NON-BELIEVER!!
Brand new and hoping to make a good impression!
Shikahake7
Shikahake7
Goon
Shikahake7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by Shikahake7 »

EBWOP: Don't contain numbers

Boy is my face red... worst typo EVER
Brand new and hoping to make a good impression!
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

That being said feel free to ram me up the ass if I fuck up ^^
I'm on it. :lol:

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by Nameless »

In lieu of random voting, I propose that we entertain a brief conversation over the deadline; ie. whether four weeks are necessary for the most accurate scumhunting, or if we should endeavor to reach a lynch in half that time for the sake of discouraging lurking and the leeway allowed if a consensus isn't quite reached.

Discuss.

(And now off-topic, I like yabbaguy's GIFs. The claiming ones need a better font for the role, although the colouring is clever. The WIFOM design feels uninspired, but the L-1 is excellent. Now you just need a partial set of logical fallacy alerts and possibly a Lurker Crossing sign. :) )
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by Chaco »

I have no qualms with a 2 Week tenative deadline.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by Chaco »

Oh and fore warning, I'm in school already. So there may be weekday afternoons where I cannot get on to post. I get swamped with Calc homework.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

@Nameless-14: (First off, I don't care if the wine's in party cups. I like it.) :P

I don't understand what you're going for here. Why do you want to shorten the deadline from where it is already?

@Chaco-15: Same thing... why do you want to accelerate the Day any more?

The point I'm trying to get at here is, while it's good to keep a pace that keeps everyone interested, do we really need to draw a firm line before we've even started the game and we know what this game is going to be like?

We could be a town bubbling with activity and setting off spark plugs left and right, or we could be a drab, motionless town. Either way, I don't want to set ultimatums right now.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by Chaco »

Well 4 weeks is a long time. I'm really indifferent. But have no problem with it. I'm used to 2 week Days.
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by tracker »

hey ya'll, i'm also in school and tennis w/ games this saturday and monday, so i'll have limited posting those days.

the last game i played we asked questions instead of random lynching and ended up lynching a scum the very first day. That being said i say that we do that instead.

Chaco: How much expierence do you have?

Duke_Banks227: Why won't you quite speaking to your scumbuddy and join the game?

MightyFireball: Do you prefer Mafia or Town roles more?

MonkeyMan576: Have you ever played real life mafia and if so what are some of your real life tells.

Nameless: Why don't you have a real name?

peanutman:are you scum?

Scott Brosius: What do you think of random voting?

Shikahake7: This is also my 1st game out of the noob queue

Tjoe Min Ja: Are you town?

Tonkatsu: Why don't you exist yet?

yabbaguy: Are you scum?
Show
-Tracker

Need a replacement in [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12810&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=]Cults of Darkness and Shadow[/url] replacing Discord, please help

Willing to cross-replace
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:04 pm

Post by tracker »

one other thing, Nameless what in the world are you talking about?
Show
-Tracker

Need a replacement in [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12810&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=]Cults of Darkness and Shadow[/url] replacing Discord, please help

Willing to cross-replace
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:04 pm

Post by Chaco »

7-8 games on a different site. And Im in 3 here currently, and two current on a different site.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Never played real life mafia, although I think it would be fun.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I find the idea of shortening the deadline scummy. Why would anyone pro-town want to deprive the town of the opportunity of discussion and scum hunting?
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

@tracker-19: while you throw eleven questions at us, I'm going to send three your way.

1) Do you truly believe the questionnaire was what set off the spark plug for the town to lynch that person? If so, how?

2) How do you determine what questions to ask to people? Randomness?

3)
yabbaguy: Are you scum?
No, I am not.

Do you learn anything from my answer?

See, tracker, the thing I always find scummy about people who start off with the Random Question Stage is that it's either pathetic scumhunting or scum who wants to looks like they're scumhunting. Consider:

A) Some of your questions are pointless, e.g. Chaco's, Nameless', Shikahake's

B) most/all the other questions are not acheiving anything. TMJ and peanutman were asked the same question (in effect for the former) as me and I expect they will answer the same way I did.

How are you generating scumhunting out of this? To me, if we played this out, everyone will answer their question and... that's it. Nothing.

@MM-23: Exactly.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”