CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:20 am

Post by CooLDoG »

Messiah you really have to lurn that in the last game I played with milk he TVed one poor guy for all of D-1 and thus got lynched on that day. Milk how could I say something different if you can read the whole thread in under 5 mins? Your post was the only post we can really vote for/on. I want a small wagon onmilk to get some press, I however, don't want a quick-lynch (I always have to tell people that).
after a wank.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:16 am

Post by Peabody »

Hoopla's multiple random voting is a strategy I have seen on mafiascum.net before. It's a great way to start discussion and see people's reactions.
Hoopla wrote:Okay, I am relatively satisfied you're town. I suggest we bandwagon someone to L-3 or L-2 before the end of this page.
Is this in reference to HipHop? Can you explain your reasoning behind your conclusion, Hoopla?

I don't like milkshake's comment on me. His further explained definition of "apparent" looks like a coverup. It looks forced.

Hiphop looks very jumpy to me. Usually in the RVS I can pick out scum through gut feeling. The fact that he didn't take an RVS vote very well tells me that he has something to hide.
HipHop wrote:So it was bs. Defensive? If you attacked me, I have a right to defend. What do you expect me to do, flop over and wave the white flag?
Well, that is essentially what most people do during the RVS. The votes are to be taken with a grain of salt.

Almaster, I'll try to get your name right. It's certainly not a reason to DK me...

CooLDoG, are you accusing Messiah of tunneling? It doesn't seem that he is tunneling on anyone...
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:24 am

Post by milkshake »

I don't like milkshake's comment on me. His further explained definition of "apparent" looks like a coverup. It looks forced.
A coverup? What am I covering up? Don't be silly. I was just asking why Almaster is annoyed by you. (Maybe now I know... -.- )
Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:34 am

Post by Sposh »

Messiah wrote:
milkshake wrote: Wait, CoCo can't jump on his own post! ^^
That question was directed at Sposh, not CoCo.
Here, look at this:
Messiah wrote:
Why did you single me out when CooLDoG and CoCo did the exact same thing?
As for why I didn't add to or question CoCo's post; there's not really anything to add other than the fact that I agree. Why would I
question
a comment that I agree with?
I want it now // I want it now
Give me your heart and your soul

[b]W/L/D: 0/0/0[/b]
Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:34 am

Post by Sposh »

Oops!
Mod, can you fix my bold tags?

Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:48 am

Post by Messiah »

Would you explaining what you mean, Sposh?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:48 am

Post by Messiah »

EBWODP: Would you mind explaining what you mean, Sposh?
It's times like this..
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:49 am

Post by CooLDoG »

And thats why I did not vote for peaboy without him posting. I still want press on milk...
after a wank.
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:00 am

Post by charlatan »

hiphop wrote:
charlatan wrote:Ha, well, I meant I was associating Sposh with Dexter. I'm rarely "so sure" about much of anything in this game.
I knew where you got the name from. The way that you phrased your (bs) reason, it sounded like you could outsmart Sposh. Hence the vote.
In that case, I'll strive to be clearer with attempts at cuteness that accompany my RVS votes in the future (probably).

On a more serious note, do you think Hoopla's confusing-but-excellent-random-voting-shake-the-boat technique (I'm hoping the name catches on) actually made her more likely to be scum, or did you see erratic play and decide it'd be a safe place to drop a vote?

More importantly:

Unvote.

Vote: Messiah

Why did you single me out when CooLDoG and CoCo did the exact same thing? As for why I didn't add to or question CoCo's post; there's not really anything to add other than the fact that I agree. Why would I question a comment that I agree with?
My problem with this is that CoCo didn't actually
say
much of anything with that post, nor did he vote. What you're "agreeing" with is the statement that "this stands out", which has almost zero content to it. I would expect to see some sort of question or accusation go along with this. It looks a bit like borrowing someone else's soft suspicion and running with it, getting called on it, and then backpedaling with 'oops, I mistook the definition of the word.'

For the record, I did not find the "apparently innocent" comment to be particularly suspicious.

Minor FoS: CooLDoG
for piling on, but I don't think early-game bandwagons are necessarily a bad thing.
- [color=navy] charlatan[/color]
[color=maroon]every sermon is not the gospel[/color]
[color=navy]more or less done here; will maybe consider invites or replacing into your game if you're in a bind on a case-by-case basis. (low probability.)[/color]
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:23 am

Post by Hoopla »

milkshake wrote:
By the way. Does anyone know how many scum there are? Isn't it usually 33%?
About. 25% is probably closer, I think.
I should probably help out here. 3:9 (3 scum, 9 town) is by far the most common set-up for a 12 player game. 33% only ever happens in large games with multiple scum groups. Balance of those games tend to depend on crosskills at night.

Another semi-common variation for mini games is 2:1:9 (2 scum, 1 SK, 9 town) or 3:1:9 - but if there is only one kill at night it is generally safe to assume you are playing in a 3:9 set-up.

On a more serious note, I'm quite confident Messiah is scum, and I encourage others to view his posts. Can we please bandwagon him now?

Vote: Messiah
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Messiah »

charlatan wrote: What you're "agreeing" with is the statement that "this stands out", which has almost zero content to it. I would expect to see some sort of question or accusation go along with this.
Yes, I agree that it stood out; and I did ask a question to go along with it.
charlatan wrote: It looks a bit like borrowing someone else's soft suspicion and running with it, getting called on it, and then backpedaling with 'oops, I mistook the definition of the word.'
I wasn't backpedaling, I legitimately misinterpreted what milkshake meant due to the word having more than one common meaning. Is the sentence you put in apostrophes suppose to be some kind of paraphrase?

@Hoopla: Why are you sure I'm scum?
It's times like this..
Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Sposh »

Messiah, I said that you jumped on CoCo's post, then you said that I'm singling you out when Cooldog and CoCo did the same thing... but how can CoCo jump on his own post when he's the one
who first pointed out the phrase in question
?

CooLDoG's bandwagon also kind of bothers me, but the way that you took what CoCo was saying and just stated the obvious and then tacked on a vote at the end is kinda bothersome.

Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:46 am

Post by Messiah »

He isn't the first one that pointed out that phrase, that would be NAW in post 45. Mind answering the question I asked you in post 72?
It's times like this..
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:53 am

Post by Hoopla »

I have my reasons, but it's in my interests not to reveal them yet. More Messiah votes please.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:11 am

Post by milkshake »

I have my reasons, but it's in my interests not to reveal them yet. More Messiah votes please.
Now, I actually agree that Messiah's and CooLDoG's hops on to the bandwagon were a bit scummy (although perhaps I'm biased), but this comment makes me stop to think.

Are you saying you have some information about Messiah that we don't? I might go along with that in another scenario, but this is a mini normal. :? So I'm skeptical...
Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:11 am

Post by Sposh »

I just did. The others are rhetorical or loaded.

Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:34 am

Post by Messiah »

@Milkshake: I hopped on a 1(0, according to the incorrect vote count) vote bandwagon?

@Sposh: I asked you to explain a statement you made that doesn't make sense, it isn't rhetorical or loaded.
It's times like this..
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:43 am

Post by milkshake »

It was a conceptual bandwagon. :) (It actually was.)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:47 am

Post by Hoopla »

Yes milkshake, I do have information, and we ought to be voting Messiah. The reason I am not explicitely divulging my information (yet) is because it forces his scumbuddies to make a commitment one way or another early in the game.

To appease anyone who thinks I am lying, here is my reason, which I will reveal later:
M v a a i m a b t g a e w o s m s. I m i i f s, i p h i a i u p, t I m a k s, w i t c f h t r m t h n w.

T p o a u w i t g r (n j m), a i p s v m o o t c z.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by milkshake »

Hm, I guess our rules didn't include a no-codes/cryptography clause... that could make things interesting...

Well fine. Day 1. Nothing better to do.
vote: Messiah
CoCo
CoCo
Goon
CoCo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by CoCo »

Hoopla, why are you jumping all over Messiah for jumping on a psuedo-bandwagon when you've been calling for a bandwagon almost the entire game?
Did I miss something?
Show
Record:

Town: 3
Power Role: 3
Special: 1
Scum: 0
Ongoing: 2

W/L/D: 3/1/0
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by Messiah »

@milkshake: In that case, what's scummy about a 2 vote bandwagon on the first person who said anything suspicious during the RVS?

As for Hoopla's information, I know that she's lying. If you're just going to take her word for it I'm not sure how I can convince you otherwise.

vote: Hoopla
It's times like this..
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by Hoopla »

CoCo wrote:Hoopla, why are you jumping all over Messiah for jumping on a psuedo-bandwagon when you've been calling for a bandwagon almost the entire game?
Did I miss something?
I'm not.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by Peabody »

Messiah wrote:@milkshake: In that case, what's scummy about a 2 vote bandwagon on the first person who said anything suspicious during the RVS?

As for Hoopla's information, I know that she's lying. If you're just going to take her word for it I'm not sure how I can convince you otherwise.

vote: Hoopla
What is Hoopla lying about?

------------

On another note, I have never seen Hoopla use so much gambit. I'm really curious.

---------

Just did a reread of Messiah.

The whole Messiah thing does look quite a bit strange, and I would be fine with bandwagoning him. Messiah's defense to charlatan's 'backpedalling' comment is scummy. Allow me to expound:
charlatan wrote:It looks a bit like borrowing someone else's soft suspicion and running with it, getting called on it, and then backpedaling with 'oops, I mistook the definition of the word.'
Messiah wrote:I wasn't backpedaling, I legitimately misinterpreted what milkshake meant due to the word having more than one common meaning.
Messiah, you
pushed
a case on milkshake with a vote. This makes me believe that you didn't
just
misinterpret his wording.

Next, your vote was not the same thing that cooldog and coco did. Coco didn't vote. CooLDog voted after you.

unvote; vote Messiah

--------

Hoopla, you missed my question:
Peabody wrote:
Hoopla wrote:Okay, I am relatively satisfied you're town. I suggest we bandwagon someone to L-3 or L-2 before the end of this page.
Is this in reference to HipHop? Can you explain your reasoning behind your conclusion, Hoopla?
--------------
milkshake wrote:
A coverup? What am I covering up? Don't be silly. I was just asking why Almaster is annoyed by you. (Maybe now I know... -.- )
I'm referring to your definition of 'apparently'. Your definition does not necessarily void your comment about me being 'apparently town' because your definition came AFTER someone questioned you on it.
NewAgeWarrior
NewAgeWarrior
Goon
NewAgeWarrior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by NewAgeWarrior »

Holy crap page 4 already!
I'm not.
It seems like it to me.

I have no idea why hoopla is acting the way hoopla is acting.
Hm, I guess our rules didn't include a no-codes/cryptography clause... that could make things interesting...
NAW's secret message wrote:adnovadkljsfgkjsfginjoesgnioewngiewngawfijoplkfjanasodasldk fnasdfinladsiofnadslfjnasdlfj asldfjnhasldf;kjasd lfanhsljfandslfjasnhdljfaslfjabsndflaskdfbaskfbwlorg nadfskpndfsndsfbvs
Look I just wrote a code too! Oh, wait, NM that means absolutely nothing(I mashed my keyboard), just as hoopla's code probably has no key either.

Vote: Hoopla, FoS: Milkshake
for trying to create what appears to be a useless bandwagon and using cheap tricks to prove you legitimacy, and for milkshake cause he followed like a sheep and offered a banana (which makes it basically a banana split, which I'm sure he is using to try and bribe me cause they are so delicious) but mostly for the following thing.

PS. I turn 21 tomorrow, so if I don't come back on till mon-tues, you know why.
PSS. I hate typing banana.
ITSA, United States Navy
W-L
Townie: 1-2
In Progress: 2 alive

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”