Open 177 (Monks and Masons) - Game Over.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Open 177 (Monks and Masons) - Game Over.

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:21 am

Post by Haylen »

Open 177 Masons and Monks

It was dark, but Hayl could see the full moon shining brightly through the forest trees. She took that as a sign of hope and ran faster in its direction. Her school uniform tore on the branches of the trees like monsters trying to capture her, but she could see that the trees were thinning.
Thank goodness,
she thought.
Free at last.
Unfortunately, this made her lose what concentration she had. She stumbled over a log and fell flat on her face.

Hayl groaned and turned over, flicking her light brown hair out of her face. The stars reflected in her blue eyes, and the moon shone on her hair, making it glow.

Convinced that she was safe, her thoughts returned to the ordeal she had suffered at the hands of those killers. Her memory wasn't hazy, as it usually was. It was as clear as day.

One Month Earlier
Damn,
she thought as she exited the temple.
So many books! Didn’t think studying would require this much reading.
She could barely see over the thick old dusty books she was carrying.
Bloody gits, making me read all these. It's not like I can't use my powers. I just...can’t control them that well.

"Oh, for goodness sake!" she exclaimed out loud. The sneeze she'd just let loose had made her lose her grip on the books. They cascaded to the floor.

"Careful, Hayl. You don't seem to be having a very good day," went the soft voice of the High Monk--her head teacher--behind her. She turned to face him as he flicked his fingers and the books magically stacked up in her arms again. "Hmm...Controlling the Elements by Gildred Gullefrey. I know you're still having difficulty, but you can do it. You know you can. It's all locked away inside your mind; you just have to find the key." He winked knowingly. "Good luck on your adventure. Remember: you can do whatever you want, if you search within yourself."

And with a flash of light, he was gone.

"Typical," she muttered. "Bloody monks always go for mystery over clarity."

She set off across the village square--this was dangerous and Hayl knew it. They had yet to officially announce that nobody was allowed out at night, but she knew it was coming. Brutal deaths had started happening during the night...and all of the victims were her classmates. They had been talented with their powers; it was no wonder they had been targeted. She smiled sadly at her reflection in the fountain.
Not much further to go,
Hayl thought as she continued the walk to her dormitory. Each step was like a chore. She was tired; she had been studying all day. She had to get it right--she had to be able to control a fireball--or she would fail her magic exams and get kicked out of the temple.

She heard a twig snap behind her. Dropping her books, Hayl turned, ready to fight. Too slow--all she saw was the glint of metal. It struck her head, and she fell to the ground. Her world turned to black...

She'd drifted in and out of consciousness for several days before waking up to hear this conversation a few feet from her.

"They've turned on us! They must be destroyed. We cannot achieve our goals with those wolves out there attacking the village and us," a gruff voice exclaimed. It seemed quite familiar to her.

"Of course they've turned on us; that was inevitable. The important thing is that we have the girl. The village won't move against us until they know she is safe," a second voice said. This one was familiar, too, but she couldn't remember where she had heard it.

That didn't matter right now. What mattered was getting the hell out of the bloody cage she was trapped in. Out of the hands of the mafia...

So here she was now, one month later, having just run through the forest to get back to the temple and warn them. She needed to: it was a matter of life and death. She needed to tell them who was responsible for the deaths in the village...and of their plans to commit more murderous acts.

Suddenly, she sensed a presence. Hayl jumped up quickly and swung around, surveying her surroundings. It was just then that she realised--she was in a clearing. She hadn't quite escaped the forest yet.

Fear filled her heart as she stumbled forward into the middle of the clearing. She felt a crunch beneath her feet and looked down. She'd stepped on a human skull, and it was guaranteed to belong to one of her classmates. Skulls littered the dirt all around her. She knew she might be next.

She spun around as a cluster of bushes rustled behind her. A crow squawked in the trees above, making her jump.

"Hayl," a voice hissed. The howling wind caused it to echo throughout the clearing. "Hayl, I know you're there. If you come a little closer, I will make this easier. There won't be any pain...it won't hurt at all, I promise. Just give in to me."

"
Never!
" she screamed back, spinning up a fireball in front of her.

"My, my. We have been busy, haven't we. Last time I saw you, you couldn't even summon a wisp of smoke, let alone a whole fireball," the slick voice told her. She no longer had any idea where the owner of it was.

"Sure, whatever," she said. "Point is, you'll never beat me. Whoever you are."

She then promptly threw herself at the ground, as a beast sprang out of the shadows right next to her. That barely counted as a dodge.

Great,
she thought as she got up.
Just what a need--a cut on my head.
She took a defensive stance, facing her foe directly. It looked like a dog. She had studied them in her books: werewolves. They stalk the forests hunting for food during the night. Contrary to legend, their bite does not turn you into one of them. It'll just kill you instantly.

"See you in hell, little girl," it snarled.

"I'm already there!" she shouted back. The werewolf's voice was familiar, too, but...where had she heard it?

Then it hit her. Not just the voice of the person it belonged to, but the werewolf itself. It hit her a lot more times, and clawed and slashed. Hayl tried to fend off its attacks through fire and physics, but it did not go well.

The beast was on top of her, making a lot more cuts on her head. "Who is he?" she yelled at it. "Who's your partner? Werewolves hunt in twos." She sobbed in pain.

"You know who it is already--just think. Who's my best friend? I know you know my identity. You always were a clever little thing."

Her eyes widened with realisation.

The werewolf tightened its grip around her throat. She could feel its weight on her. A white light shone around the clearing, blinding her, and that's when she knew all hope was lost.

It was over. Hayl relaxed as darkness consumed her.

Alive and kicking

Nikanor
Nachomamma8
SaintKerrigan (Rep. Xofelf, Rep. CSL, Rep. Zazier)
RiceballTail
Fuzzyman
Wulfy
ODDin
Maemuki
Scien
Farside
ElectricBadge
Benmage
Last edited by Haylen on Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:31 am, edited 26 times in total.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:36 am

Post by Haylen »

Haylen's Rules
(Cross referenced with Incognito and Vi's rules to makes sure she got everything. )
During the Day...

1. The game is a Day Start, as was a previous M+M game.
2. You must bold your votes as such
Vote: Battle Mage
, please put the unvote where I can see it though, at the bottom of the post preferably. Unvoting makes me happy, but isn't completely necessary.
3. Each Day will have a deadline of 3 weeks, not reaching a majority of votes during that time will result in a no lynch. I may extend the deadline in special circumstances. I may also reduce the deadline by one day each time if activity does not pick up. Don't lurk. Lurking makes me sad :cry:
4. Mafia, Werewolves, Monks and Masons may not speak to each other during the day, lest you be smited.
5. You may not quote your role PM's or any other communication outside thread, with the mod. Lest you be smited.
6. I don't like cheaters. (a) Anybody who is found to be using invisible text, spoiler tags or anything as such will be smited unless they have an extremely good reason. Not knowing is not a good reason.
(b) If you have the power to edit yours or anyone elses posts. Dont. Lest you be smited.
7. If you do not post within 72 hrs, you will receive a prod. Failure to response to the prod within 72 hrs will result in an automatic replacement. Three prods with result in an automatic replacement aswell.
8. If you don't post for a whole game day, you'll be forcibly replaced.

During Twilight

1. Votes and unvotes will not be counted after a lynch.
2. The person lynched may still talk during Twilight.
3. If I haven't realised it is Twilight within 24 hrs, somebody shoot me a PM. I am forgetful and incompetant.
4. Mafia, Werewolves, Monks and Masons still can't talk during this time.

During the Night Phase

1. The Night Phase will last 72 hrs. I like this number. Any actions that have not been received by then will be forgone. (Night may end early if all actions are received)
2. If your role permits it, you may talk to the players I have given you permission to talk to during the night.
3. Mafia and Werewolves, whoever sends in the kill, don't try and kill your partners, I will not be messed with.
4. Don't try and impersonate the mafia or werewolves by sending me fake action PM's, I will not appreciate it, and you will be smited.

General Rules

1. I will not accept insulting behaviour in my games, anybody doing so will receive a nice, well worded warning from me in thread. Further breaking of the rule will receive a harsher punishment.
2. Blue is my colour. Dont use any kind of blue in your posts, I will count it as impersonating the mod and you will be smited. Sometimes I like to edit your posts, if I do I'll use my colour.
3. Never talk to anybody outside the game except if your role permits it, and I have told you you can talk now.
4. Don't piss off the mod. You will be smited.
5. If you think you have found a loophole with my rules, you haven't. I will recognise a loophole breakage and punish you accordingly.
6. Smitings (AKA) 'Modkills', means I kill you immediately (for breaking the rules) and change your role to Neutral Survivor, meaning you auto-lose. Smitings (AKA) 'Modkills' automatically end the day. Period.
7. Play to win, just like everyone else. Don't get disheartened if you're lynched or attacked, basically don't take anything personally. If you feel somebodies behaviour has been inappropriate PM me about it and I will deal with it in some form or another.
8. Thy mod is thy godess...however, I may make a mistake, if I do; PM me about it and I'll deal with it in some form or another.
9. If you need help PM me...or AIM me, I'm always online (except when I'm sleeping, or in a lecture.)
10. The mod is afraid of ghosts, don't post when you're dead, you will scare her. Leave it to end game discussion...
11. Treat this game as a commitment, and be courteous to your fellow players. It will make everybody, including your mod happy. :)
12. It is my prerogative to change the rules if I deem it necessary, you shall receive a notification in thread and a PM aswell to notify you of these changes.
13. I like receiving PM's, if anybody fancies PMing me for a chat or rant go for it. I can't talk about game specifics though, obv obv.

Mafia is a game of honor. Cheating is breaking the honor code you committed to when you joined this site.

And lastly...have fun! :-)

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:24 am

Post by Haylen »

The Setup

1-2 Mafia Goons
1-2 Werewolves
1-2 Masons (not Mafia)
1-2 Monks (not Werewolves)
4-8 Vanilla Townies

Possible Role PM's

HaylenMod wrote:
Mafia Goon

You are part of a new mafia group, formed to destroy a whole village and what better way than to bring down their temple? It contained all that was importantant within a village:
the Monks, who were the teachers; the masons, who helped keep the building intact; and the students, the generation you are destined to lose to if they are allowed to life. But now,
you have an extra challenge, the werewolves, whom you had recruited, turned on you and began killing without your orders.

You are a mafia goon, during the night you may talk to your partner in the quicktopic provided. Your partner is...

(QuickTopic link goes here)

You win when at least half of the living players are mafia or nothing can prevent the same. Please confirm via PM
HaylenMod wrote:
Werewolf

You are a mighty werewolf, once you were recruited by the mafia under the impression that you would be equals. In reality, they treated you like slaves, forcing you to do their bidding,
but no more. You have turned on them, now you want them dead, and the people of the temple.

You are a Werewolf, during the night you may talk to your partner in the quicktopic provided. Your partner is...

(Quicktopic link goes here)

You win when at least half of the living players are Werewolves or nothing can prevent the same. Please confirm via PM.
HaylenMod wrote:
Monk

You are a teacher at the temple, since all the anarchy though, you have been unable to trust anybody...except maybe one. You secretly communicate during the night to try and solve this madness.

You're a monk, you can talk to the other monk in the QT at night. The other monk is definately not a werewolf.

(Insert QT link here)

You win with the town, when all the mafia and werewolves are dead.
HaylenMod wrote:
Mason

You are one of the workers in the temple, they have asked for your assistance in dealing with the issue of mafia and werewolves at hand. You must help get these creatures disposed of or maybe you will be next?

You are a mason, you can talk to the other masin in the QT at night. The other mason is definately not mafia.

(Insert QT link here)

You win with the town, when all the mafia and werewolves are dead.
HaylenMod wrote:
Werewolf - Mason

You are a werewolf pretending to be a mason, you infiltrated the temple earlier in the year. Nobody has no idea you are a traitor to the masons. You have to play along and pretend to care without them working out your true identity.

You are a Werewolf - Mason, you can talk to the other mason, aswell as your fellow Werewolf during the night. The other mason is definately not mafia.

(Werewolf QT link)
(Mason QT link)

You win when at least half of the living players are Werewolves or nothing can prevent the same. Please confirm via PM.
HaylenMod wrote:
Mafia - Monk

You are part of the mafia and you have managed to successfully infiltrate the temple. Nobody else is aware of this or the fact that you are trying to destroy it from within.

You are a Mafia - Monk, you can talk to the other monk aswell as your fellow mafia member during the night.The other monk is definately not a werewolf.

(Mafia QT link)
(Monk QT link)
You win when at least half of the living players are Mafia or nothing can prevent the same. Please confirm via PM.
HaylenMod wrote:
Vanilla Townie

You are a student at the temple, your fellow students and your teachers are being attacked. They need your help to find the culprits of the night murders otherwise, who knows what will happen?

You are a Vanilla Townie, the only thing you can do is talk and vote in the day. You must use logic to win.

You win when all the mafia and werewolves are dead. Please confirm via PM
Last edited by Haylen on Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:01 am

Post by Haylen »

All Role PM's have been sent. Please confirm via PM

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:40 pm

Post by Haylen »

Day One Begins.

Wulfy has 24 hours to pick up his role PM before I start looking for a replacement.

First Vote Count

Not Voting: Nikanor, hewitt, Maemuki, YankCane151, Scien, ElectricBadger, YamiJoey, Wulfy, farside22, Fuzzyman, ODDin, ZazieR

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is 3 weeks from now. Tuesday 17th November, 9pm English time

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:12 am

Post by farside22 »

random vote: YankCane151

Haven't played mafia for a few months now so I feel like a newb trying to remember all the rules for each game.

You need to play more games Farside :p ~ Hayl
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:24 am

Post by ZazieR »

Vote Maemuki

To save her from my playstyle :D
Ignore the ''R''
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:34 am

Post by ODDin »

Vote: Wulfy

He's gotta be a werewolf with this username. :)
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:44 am

Post by Scien »

Vote: Hewitt

Why hello there.

Although I don't know what to think about the Wulfy not confirming thing, or the person going after him without mentioning this. No really, its a curiosity, and I haven't made up my mind if it actually means anything >.<
YamiJoey
YamiJoey
Goon
YamiJoey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:53 am

Post by YamiJoey »

Claim: Bulletproof Jester

Discuss.

YJ
Show
i l o v e s e c r e t a g e n t s

Mafia/1-0
Town/0-0
Third/0-0

[b]V/LA on weekends a lot. Soz beefz.[/b]
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:59 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Vote: Yami

Discussed!
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:03 am

Post by Maemuki »

ZazieR wrote:
Vote Maemuki

To save her from my playstyle :D
I need saving from my active lurking, not spammers. xP

Anyway!

Vote: Maemuki
, because I have the handwriting of a 5 year old. It sucks.
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:03 am

Post by ODDin »

Scien: Actually, I've missed that. Not confirming is a null tell IMO, though.
YamiJoey
YamiJoey
Goon
YamiJoey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:06 am

Post by YamiJoey »

Maemuki wrote:
, because I have the handwriting of a 5 year old. It sucks.
I don't see how your handwriting has anything to do with anyone else.

WAGON-times!

YJ
Show

Mafia/1-0
Town/0-0
Third/0-0

Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:08 am

Post by Maemuki »

YamiJoey wrote:I don't see how your handwriting has anything to do with anyone else.
It does because I feel like it so it does.

Also, cookies for people who bandwagon me! <3
YamiJoey
YamiJoey
Goon
YamiJoey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:14 am

Post by YamiJoey »

Unvote; Vote: Maemuki

If I don't get a cookie I'll feel cheated. ¬_¬

OMG I VOTED FIRST I GET A WAGON WHEEL!

YJ
Show

Mafia/1-0
Town/0-0
Third/0-0

Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:15 am

Post by Maemuki »

*gives cookie*

But you were already voting for me...so:

*cuts half of cookie*

Only half of a cookie for you!

Hayl just learnt a valuable lesson: there is such a thing as too much pie...perhaps it is the same with cookies, Yami should be happy... ~ Hayl
YamiJoey
YamiJoey
Goon
YamiJoey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:17 am

Post by YamiJoey »

F**k this; full cookie I want to be replaced. ¬_¬

YJ
Show

Mafia/1-0
Town/0-0
Third/0-0

Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:20 am

Post by Maemuki »

Hey, take it or leave it.
YamiJoey
YamiJoey
Goon
YamiJoey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:24 am

Post by YamiJoey »

OK, I'll take it and stay in the game.

I enjoy Haley's mod-notes. (idgaf if that's not your name! xD)

YJ

You may called me Haley if you wish...I have over 9000 nicknames...I'm glad someone enjoys them :-) ~ Hayl
Show

Mafia/1-0
Town/0-0
Third/0-0

ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:28 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Unvote Yami, Vote Maemuki
just for the cookie. Mmmm cookie.

These aren't scummy cookies that will end up killing us during the night, are they?
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:29 am

Post by Maemuki »

Of course not. They'll just give you very high levels of sugar. Mmm sugar.

*gives cookie*
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:32 am

Post by YankCane151 »

Hello everyone.

Vote: hewitt
Go Yankees and Miami Hurricanes
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:32 am

Post by farside22 »

I almost felt like smacking my head on my desk reading the exchange between YJ and Maemuki. Anyone care to explain if there is a past relationship between these two because frankly goofiness likes this just gives me a bad taste.
Next:
Scien wrote:
Vote: Hewitt

Why hello there.

Although I don't know what to think about the Wulfy not confirming thing, or the person going after him without mentioning this. No really, its a curiosity, and I haven't made up my mind if it actually means anything >.<
Wow this is so weak. I mean really? Seriously you have a good thought and you feel like random voting?!!!
*smacks head on desk*
I feel better. Scien I don't get it. Your not being aggressive on this, your sitting back and just bringing it up but you don't want to press on it.

*alert*
*alert*
*alert*

unvote:
Vote: Scien

The only time I see people touch on a possible scummy thing and back off our typically scum. Your non aggression seems like something I see when people (scum) want to make a weak case but don't want to be agressive in it as it might look weak when it is.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:33 am

Post by Maemuki »

No cookies for you, Yank!

:<

Return to “Completed Open Games”