Polyamory

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #696 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:20 am

Post by Nikanor »

I'm pretty sure that monogamy is implied when you're dating someone.
Are you afraid of disappointing people or something?
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:00 am

Post by Nikanor »

HH wrote:This thought process is what that causes many misunderstandings in relationships. While it's been well over ten years since I've been in the dating pool, I would say that is probably not even the majority opinion. I would also wager that the split of opinion differs greatly based on gender, age, and even where you live.
You mean to say that, where you live, most people don't consider dating two or more people at once to be scummy? Assuming you don't live in Bountiful or something, I find that a little hard to believe. And to make myself clear, I don't mean to say that one or two dates can even qualify as a relationship, let alone a monogamous one. After two weeks, though, I would like to able to assume that the person is interested in me enough that she stops dating other people.
Fate wrote:I wouldn't say its fear, but no, I don't WANT to deny these girls what they want out of me (whatever that may be).
I hope they're not looking for a friend they can trust, then. Unless you're a sociopath or something, there is no way you can lie to a person well enough that they won't have some unconscious doubts about you.
If you keep trying to please everyone, you're just going to end up making people upset.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!

Return to “General Discussion”