Incognito -
Townsperson
, lynched day 2.

Game Links:

Day 1 hammer; end of Day 1
Day 2 hammer; end of Day 2
Mafia Lovers QuickTopic

Setup:

This game is completely open. There are 2 Mafia Lovers and 4 Vanilla Townies. This game is nightless. The role PMs sent to players are given below:

Two Mafia-Aligned players received:

Mafia Lover:

You are a member of the Mafia along with your Lover, <name>. Your current task is to eliminate the town before they lynch you or your lover by getting townies lynched during the day.
  • At any time, you may talk with your Mafia Lover in your quicktopic thread <here>.
  • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players.
  • If you or your partner is lynched, the other will immediately commit suicide and you will both lose the game.
Four Town-Aligned players received:

Townsperson:

You are a normal townsperson (or townie), trying to eliminate the Mafia Lovers from society.
  • At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
  • If one Mafia Lover is lynched, the other will commit suicide and the town will win.
Last edited by Sarag on Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:57 pm, edited 7 times in total.
*twitches*
Sarag
Sarag
Goon
Sarag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by Sarag »

Game Rules:

(modified from Zorblag's modification of Vel-Rahn Koon’s rules)

Gameplay:
  1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
  2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. Mafia members may communicate privately amongst themselves at any time.
  3. A simple majority of all living players must agree on one person for a lynch to occur.
  4. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.
  5. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
  6. Once your death scene has been posted you may no longer post. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post.
  7. Please submit votes as:
    Vote: Sarag
    . Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold. Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
  8. Please submit vote revocations as either
    Unvote: Sarag
    or
    Unvote
    . Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes, but they are appreciated.
  9. You may not vote for no lynch.
  10. This game will have 3 week deadlines. At deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched. If the votes are tied, whoever received their final vote first will be lynched.
Activity and Etiquette:
  1. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
  2. Prods of missing players will be issued automatically after 72 hours of no activity or upon request after 48 hours of no activity. A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
  3. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
  4. Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.
Moderator Practices:
  1. Green
    text is reserved for the Moderator. No invisible text is allowed. Small text is allowed so long as its presence is obvious.
  2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Moderator privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
  3. The Moderator may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
  4. Please bold all requests to the Moderator so that they don’t get missed.
  5. Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.
  6. The Moderator will post a vote count at least once every 24 hours. In times of high activity this may be increased. Please bold any requests for additional vote counts.
*twitches*
Sarag
Sarag
Goon
Sarag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:53 am

Post by Sarag »

All players have now confirmed.

Day 1 has begun.

With 6 players alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

The deadline is 6pm, Sunday 4 April, 2010 (site time). You can see a countdown timer
here
Last edited by Sarag on Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*twitches*
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:42 pm

Post by Incognito »

Hi.

1)
Mindgamer
2)
Maemuki
3)
Haylen

Original Roll String: 1d3
1 3-Sided Dice: (1) = 1
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by Incognito »

vote: Maemuki
, obvscum.

I'll start off this game similar to the last Lovers Mafia game I played by bringing to everyone's attention the fact that the scum can day-talk.

So Maemuki, do you wanna self-vote to end the game now or do we really need to go through formalities here?
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Hi.

1)
Incognito
2)
Hoopla
3)
camn

1 3-Sided Dice: (2) = 2
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Very well.

Vote: camn
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by camn »

Happy birthday, Hoopla... this is a pretty estro-heavy game, huh? Yay!

I am glad this game started, because I am really trying to avoid studying for finals.
PLUS, I love the playerlist.

Except MindGamer. Who the f is that?
In fact
VOTE: MINDGAMER

I don't know you. And I don't trust strangers.

PS Die-roll votes are scummy. They say nothing about you, which is anti-town.

PPS... I'll bite. Incog, Why only 3 choices? (maybe they DO say something about you after all...)
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by Hoopla »

camn wrote: PS Die-roll votes are scummy. They say nothing about you, which is anti-town.
Not true. Rolling a dice is just as much an active decision as any other uninformed vote. If anything, you've opted for the safer option by voting in a way culturally acceptable in most games. I'm not sure if this is a concious tactic you use most games to avoid suspicion early in the game, or whether you're just hardwired in your ways to begin games in the same manner. I think I know less about you than Incognito so far.

There's always information that can be gleaned from diceroll choices. The decision to include oneself in the roll, the decision to include everyone else in the roll, the decision to follow through with whatever chance decided, and the length of time the vote is kept.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by camn »

That is a pile of horse manure. :)
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by Hoopla »

camn wrote:That is a pile of horse manure. :)
Okay camn.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by Incognito »

Happy birthday, Hoopla!
(I've always wanted to say that.)

Post 7, camn wrote:PS Die-roll votes are scummy. They say nothing about you, which is anti-town.
Since when does anti-town = scummy? Also, if you feel they're "scummy", why have you still resorted to a
random
vote when you'd apparently have two completely separate actions that have been done so far that you consider legitimately scummy that would therefore be completely worthy of votes?
Post 7, camn wrote:PPS... I'll bite. Incog, Why only 3 choices? (maybe they DO say something about you after all...)
Guess.
I'll give you 3 townie brownies if you get it right.

Post 8, Hoopla wrote:I think I know less about you than Incognito so far.
Can you clarify what you mean by this?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Incognito wrote:
Post 8, Hoopla wrote:I think I know less about you than Incognito so far.
Can you clarify what you mean by this?
It's a safe vote, that I imagine camn could/would make as both alignments. I think unorthodox methods at the start of a game will naturally garner attention - things like dice votes, self votes, surveys all fall under this category. It's a very loose tell that varies wildly, but I generally consider these more town-motivated than scum, due to the potential risks of being wagoned hard. I'm sure Haylen can vouch for what can go wrong by self-voting in a lovers game.
Incognito wrote:
Post 7, camn wrote:PS Die-roll votes are scummy. They say nothing about you, which is anti-town.
Since when does anti-town = scummy? Also, if you feel they're "scummy", why have you still resorted to a
random
vote when you'd apparently have two completely separate actions that have been done so far that you consider legitimately scummy that would therefore be completely worthy of votes?
This is a good point though. But surely the logic applies to you too Incog - why not vote camn for this oddity, rather than keeping your random vote?
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:08 pm

Post by camn »

Except........... I didn't Random Vote, now did I?
I gave a reason and everything.
Put that in your respective pipes and smoke it.

@ Incog.. your reasons are...
a) you couldn't RVS me after "Brrr Mafia", because I would burn down your house in fury...and
b) Hoopla is your Lover, so you don't want to vote her either?

Actually I don't know. Why?
You knew those three wouldn't be joining us this evening?

Some kind of confirmation-time thing. . like that one time? (except I don't see confirmation times?)

Maybe a signup deal? Were they the first 3 to sign up?
Sarag
Sarag
Goon
Sarag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:40 pm

Post by Sarag »

Vote Count

Maemuki (1) - Incognito
camn (1) - Hoopla
Mindgamer (1) - camn

Not voting - Mindgamer, Maemuki, Haylen

With 6 players alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

The deadline is 6pm, Sunday 4 April, 2010 (site time). You can see a countdown timer
here
*twitches*
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:40 am

Post by Maemuki »

Vote: Incognito

Formalities, if you wouldn't mind~
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:31 am

Post by Incognito »

Hoopla: That's what I thought you meant, but I wanted to double-check anyway. As for Haylen self-voting in a Lover Game, I'm assuming you're talking about the Lovers Game that I was in with her? If so, I think that instance actually gave her more positive attention than anything (from me at least).
Post 12, Hoopla wrote:This is a good point though. But surely the logic applies to you too Incog - why not vote camn for this oddity, rather than keeping your random vote?
The thing I called camn out for is an inconsistency, but I don't know if I necessarily find it scummy yet especially knowing what I know about camn's playstyle. So I didn't really see reason to change my vote to her at that time. In comparison, camn actually
did
classify two separate actions here as "scummy" but still decided not to vote for either one of those so-called "scummy" actions. Plus, Maemuki hadn't checked into the thread yet, and I wanted to at least see her reaction to everything before deciding what to do from there.

Post 13, camn wrote:Except........... I didn't Random Vote, now did I?
I gave a reason and everything.
I guess. But surely our completely dice-driven votes would be "scummier" in your eyes than your unfamiliarity with Mindgamer and therefore more worthy of a vote, no? Especially if you actually do believe that dice voting is a legitimate scum tell.

Your guesses were all good guesses, but they were all wrong, sadly. I chose to vote for those three because I figured, why should the scum be the only ones to be able to have fun with loving? Why can't Incog-town get a lover too? I knew off the top of my head that those three were unloveable for various reasons:

1)
Mindgamer's a guy. I'm straight. 'nuff said.
2)
Maemuki's like 10. She's jailbait. 'nuff said.
3)
Haylen's engaged. And therefore off the market. Also, 'nuff said.

So yeah.

Post 15, Maemuki wrote:Formalities, if you wouldn't mind~
Confirm vote: Maemuki

What's your take on what's happened so far, Miss Mae?
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:08 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Camn
Except MindGamer. Who the f is that?
It's-a-me! 8-)

Hoopla, I took a quick glance at your completed games and I saw you don't usually use dice rolls for your first vote. Why did you decide to imitate Incognito here?

I haven't seen the dice roll before, but it looks interesting. I'm going to give it a try.

1)
Haylen
2)
Haylen
3)
Haylen

1 3-Sided Dice: (1) = 1
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:09 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Vote: Haylen
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:25 am

Post by Hoopla »

Incognito wrote: Your guesses were all good guesses, but they were all wrong, sadly. I chose to vote for those three because I figured, why should the scum be the only ones to be able to have fun with loving? Why can't Incog-town get a lover too? I knew off the top of my head that those three were unloveable for various reasons:

1)
Mindgamer's a guy. I'm straight. 'nuff said.
2)
Maemuki's like 10. She's jailbait. 'nuff said.
3)
Haylen's engaged. And therefore off the market. Also, 'nuff said.

So yeah.
What a player. I like how you've kept yourself open as your potential lover if all else fails.
Mindgamer wrote: Hoopla, I took a quick glance at your completed games and I saw you don't usually use dice rolls for your first vote. Why did you decide to imitate Incognito here?
I was making up for the half of the town Incognito neglected, and the idea of Russian Roulette is attractive to me. I think recently I've prefered alternate methods to random voting - questions mostly, so my best explaination is a gradual meta shift, that isn't represented well in my old games.

In this game though, it's obvious we'll generate a lot of our information from votes and wagons, mostly because traditional buddying/bussing/distancing will be less prominent. Why did you choose to vote Haylen over one of the other four players with a vote already?
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:18 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Hoopla
Why did you choose to vote Haylen over one of the other four players with a vote already?
Haylen deserves some vote love too.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:33 am

Post by Hoopla »

Mindgamer wrote:
Hoopla
Why did you choose to vote Haylen over one of the other four players with a vote already?
So, is it basically a random vote, then? Why Haylen over me? Why random vote at all, when there is other information to go on?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:37 am

Post by Incognito »

Post 19, Hoopla wrote:I like how you've kept yourself open as your potential lover if all else fails.
I learned from fat, black women and Dr. House that if you can't love yourself, how could you possibly love anyone else?

Mindgamer, did you have a look at my past games too to see if I've ever dice-voted before?
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:46 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Hoopla wrote:
Mindgamer wrote:
Hoopla
So, is it basically a random vote, then? Why Haylen over me? Why random vote at all, when there is other information to go on?
Yesss. Haylen over you because you already had a vote.
In general I like to make a vote at the start of the game. The posts on this page have had only light content in them, at least nothing to base a 'serious' vote on.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:51 am

Post by Hoopla »

Mindgamer wrote:Yesss. Haylen over you because you already had a vote.
In general I like to make a vote at the start of the game. The posts on this page have had only light content in them, at least nothing to base a 'serious' vote on.
Firstly, I haven't received a vote this game. And secondly, why not put a vote on someone who already had one?

Return to “Completed Open Games”