Open 219: Neighborhood Watch (Game Over)

OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 4:02 am

Post by OpposedForce »

Vote Count
Sleepless Assassin (1) - don_johnson
Chronopie (2) - Beloved Princess, Empking
Beloved Princess (1) - guy0
don_johnson (2) - ConfidAnon, Thief
Primate (
) - Chronopie, Sleepless Assassin, OpposedForce
Thief (1) - Primate

Not Voting (1) - Pomegranate

With
players alive, it takes
votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is
Monday, May 31, 2010 at 8:00:00 PM CDT
If no player is lynched by that time, a no lynch will occur.

don_johnson wrote:did anyone notice we've already lost a town powerole?

maybe rvs should end here and now.

vote: sleepless assasin

for the obvious reasons of trying to pack in an FoS on his scumbuddy(i'm looking at you confid), a bandwagon vote(primate), a lame attempt at buddying me, and an AtE(smilie) all in one tiny post.

discuss.
Im pretty sure most of the players have noticed that a town role has been killed.

Vote:Primate
The great blessing of mankind are within us and within our reach; but we shut our eyes, and like people in the dark, we fall foul upon the very thing we search for, without finding it.
Seneca (7 B.C. - 65 A.D.)
guy0
guy0
Goon
guy0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 9:06 am

Post by guy0 »

It is unfortunate that one of the more valuable town power roles was killed by pure chance, but I don't think we should be hasty as a result of it.

Yes the deadline is relatively soon, but we shouldn't sacrifice being thorough as a result of it, let's just do what we can.

Unvote
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 9:47 am

Post by Empking »

Unvote

Vote: Guy0
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 10:33 am

Post by don_johnson »

okay. don't freak out. but.

at some point before the end of the day our hider should claim. DO NOT CLAIM YET. it is my understanding of the role that hider dies if they hide behind scum, no? so better to be out in the open and verbalizing targets. agree/disagree?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 10:52 am

Post by Pomegranate »

don_johnson wrote:okay. don't freak out. but.

at some point before the end of the day our hider should claim. DO NOT CLAIM YET. it is my understanding of the role that hider dies if they hide behind scum, no? so better to be out in the open and verbalizing targets. agree/disagree?
Agree. It's definitely best if we know the hider's target. We can confirm townies and scum. It's worth it in this setup, when we know that there's a hider. I've been Hider before, and this makes sense.

--
Primate wrote:
unvote

Vote Thief
Don't mess with Thief.

--

Beloved Princess is annoying.

I think I'd vote Primate if he wasn't the largest BW at this point. Maybe soon.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 11:17 am

Post by Chronopie »

Uhhh, Guys. if the hider verbalises who they're hiding behind, the mafia gets a 2 for 1. And they'll only have to trade 1 goon for it, at which point a watcher has to claim to get said goon, at which point the watcher is NK'd...

So we lose a Watcher, The hider, and a VT, all for 1 goon, leaving us in 8:2 with 1 watcher, then 7:1 mountainous.

wcs: The hider hides behind a Watcher. 8:2 Mountainous.

--

@D_j: Disagree.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 11:29 am

Post by Chronopie »

guy0 wrote:It is unfortunate that one of the more valuable town power roles was killed by pure chance, but I don't think we should be hasty as a result of it.

Unvote
Role cop was the least valuable of our PR's (except maybe hider).

They could only detect Watcher's and the Hider, all else investigated vanilla.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

guy0
guy0
Goon
guy0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 11:30 am

Post by guy0 »

Chrono is right, also, if the hider only claims their role, and doesn't say who they are targeting then it prevents watcher confusion, and it sort of protects the hider from being NK'd. There is no reason for any hider to say who they are hiding behind.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 11:37 am

Post by Primate »

Did anyone notice we've already lost a town powerole?
It's not really relevant to day play.
No. Verbalises target, scum kill that guy hider gets twofer'd. Play is hider does what he wants for a bit and we potentially get windfall later potentially he dies. Watcher can prevent but we don't want watcher to prevent for various reasons. Strength of role is not in actual role ability but in rock solid claim itself, with benefits, .
who they are targeting then it prevents watcher confusion
Watcher confusion irrelevant. If watcher recieves result and target not dead, guy he has the result on is hider or target is hider. Former case is more likely, latter case creates much more confusion so should be avoided until late game and clear.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 11:37 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Except that unless the hider says (or breadcrumbs, I guess), his role is not of any use. So if he doesn't say his target he may as well not hide, if he may.

Chrono, you said that we lose a Watcher, Hider, and VT. Where'd the VT come in? Also, it would be D3 by the time the watcher was killed.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 11:39 am

Post by Primate »

Except that unless the hider says (or breadcrumbs, I guess), his role is not of any use. So if he doesn't say his target he may as well not hide, if he may.
This is an open setup and it's not a particularly powerful role. Treat it as a confirmed townie with swing potential is my feeling.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 11:40 am

Post by Primate »

Chrono, you said that we lose a Watcher, Hider, and VT. Where'd the VT come in? Also, it would be D3 by the time the watcher was killed.
Nightkilled hider target I assume.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 11:43 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Primate wrote:
This is an open setup and it's not a particularly powerful role. Treat it as a confirmed townie with swing potential is my feeling.
He's a weak doc, and can confirm townies.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 11:46 am

Post by Chronopie »

Hider announces that they're going to hide behind X (a VT), mafia Targets X, mafia kills X + Hider.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 11:49 am

Post by Primate »

Pomegranate wrote:
Primate wrote:
He's a weak doc, and can confirm townies.
I'm aware of what the role does. That not the same thing as how we treat the role. I don't see the benefit of any town interference against the way this would normally play out.

We treat the role as a role we can rely on as existing and being confirmable. We don't rely on it to do shit it is unreliable at doing by virtue of it's fundamental design.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 11:57 am

Post by don_johnson »

mafia trades a goon on day 2 in order to take out the hider. watchers targets are narrowed down greatly. watchers don't need to claim to engineer a lynch if they are good at building cases and whatnot. we are in a low number game, using every resource available to us is an optimal strategy imo. a dead hider on day 2 does us no good without a claimed target or a watcher seeing it. with three goons there is a good potential for us to end up with a nk'd player and a dead hider and nothing to show for it, whereas if hider claims we most certainly reap benefits. if mafia chooses not to kill hider, then we have a confirmed townie. either way, it seems to swing the numbers in favor of town. also, an early claim becomes uncounterable late game. scum would be bold to counterclaim the hider on day 1, no?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by Gayle »

I think everyone already understands this, but since the role PM is a bit unclear I should clarify.

If both the mafia and the hider target the same player, the hider does not die in place of the target. Both the target and the hider die.

Vote Count
Guy0 (1) - Empking
Sleepless Assassin (1) - don_johnson
Chronopie (1) - Beloved Princess
don_johnson (2) - ConfidAnon, Thief
Primate (
) - Chronopie, Sleepless Assassin, OpposedForce
Thief (1) - Primate

Not Voting (2) - Pomegranate, guy0

With
players alive, it takes
votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is
Monday, May 31, 2010 at 8:00:00 PM CDT
If no player is lynched by that time, a no lynch will occur.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by Primate »

don_johnson wrote:mafia trades a goon on day 2 in order to take out the hider. watchers targets are narrowed down greatly. watchers don't need to claim to engineer a lynch if they are good at building cases and whatnot. we are in a low number game, using every resource available to us is an optimal strategy imo. a dead hider on day 2 does us no good without a claimed target or a watcher seeing it. with three goons there is a good potential for us to end up with a nk'd player and a dead hider and nothing to show for it, whereas if hider claims we most certainly reap benefits. if mafia chooses not to kill hider, then we have a confirmed townie. either way, it seems to swing the numbers in favor of town. also, an early claim becomes uncounterable late game. scum would be bold to counterclaim the hider on day 1, no?
No watcher is good enough to make a case against someone who they have not previously have suspected in a way serious enough to end in that guys lynch without it being obvious to the scum they are the watcher, sorry. Besides, if we're relying on hypothetical good play, then I'll have caught all the scum by the end of the today anyway, so what the watcher does isn't really relevant.

That's basically the root of my disagreement. I don't think it's possible to go through with an out the hider and watcher plan without publicising the watcher to any scum who's paying the slightest attention, and that pushes it into not worth it.

I also don't like claiming early with town power irregardless because that person is generally killed by endgame anyway, and all it means is that the scum have had more time to plan without having to account for surprises. A cast iron derailed lynch can really fuck up scum with a plan.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:56 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Seeing these arguments, I'm swayed. Sorry dj.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Beloved Princess
Beloved Princess
Townie
Beloved Princess
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by Beloved Princess »

All this talk about power roles is bad for the soul~.

Let's lynch scum instead.

Unvote, vote: guy0.

His talks of being thorough without doing any scumhunting do not make me believe he has honest intentions in this game.

Pomegranate, why you don't like me? Are you sure you don't want to get to know each other a little better before making a judgment like that?~
My crown is so sexy and hardcore; you cannot withstand its might.
guy0
guy0
Goon
guy0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by guy0 »

@ Beloved Princess

Perhaps the reason that I don't seem to be doing active scumhunting is because we're on page 2 with the bulk of posts being either about random voting, or what to do about the hider. What I'm trying to do is move the discussion forward so that scumhunting can actually begin
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 11:00 pm

Post by Empking »

Yeah the hider shouldn't clam.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 1:00 am

Post by OpposedForce »

Unvote: Primate
Vote:Beloved Princess

I agree with hider not claiming for the stated above reasons because there is a chance of 2/10 of actually hitting scum (excluding the hider himself). At Day 1 it's not an optimal strategy because the chances are slim and it could lead to a disadvantage going into Day 2.

However the hider claiming at Day 2 or 3 might work out depending how the day and night play out. The hider claim should be kept open for a possible move later on but I believe day 1 would not be the best option.
The great blessing of mankind are within us and within our reach; but we shut our eyes, and like people in the dark, we fall foul upon the very thing we search for, without finding it.
Seneca (7 B.C. - 65 A.D.)
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 3:57 am

Post by don_johnson »

guy0 wrote: What I'm trying to do is move the discussion forward so that scumhunting can actually begin
really? is
that
what you're trying to do?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 6:59 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Beloved Princess wrote:Pomegranate, why you don't like me? Are you sure you don't want to get to know each other a little better before making a judgment like that?~
Oh. I meant to say that we should play some jump rope and hopscotch together.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Return to “Completed Open Games”