Mini 982 - The Mars Volta Mafia(Game Over)

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:00 am

Post by Parama »

Wow. Ani, you're arguing with Cove because Cove isn't voting MSSK, who you are voting for policy reasons - and you FoS him for it? That's... ridiculous. This entire argument is ridiculous.

FoS: Ani
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:53 am

Post by Seraphim »

"Just got back from Jerusalem! A pretty decent vacation(oh, excuse me, "study abroad"). Stopped by a curio shop on my way back. Got something, like a Ouija board, except cooler. Tell ya more about it later, gotta run."

May 1, 2011

Vote Count:

Parama(2)
- NavyCherub, MafiaSSK
Incognito(0) -
Cove(3)
- SaintKerrigan, Incognito, animorpherv1
animorpherv1(0) -
Zajnet(2)
- Cove, Parama
My Milked Eek(0) -
SaintKerrigan(0) -
Me=Weird(1)
- Raivann
NavyCherub(0) -
MafiaSSK(2)
- My Milked Eek, Me=Weird
Doombunny9(0) -
Raivann(2)
- Doombunny9, Zajnet

Not Voting(0) -

Deadline: June 15th, 2010 6:00pm CST
With 12 alive, it is 7 to lynch

SaintKerrigan's V/LA is noted.
Last edited by Seraphim on Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by Incognito »

animorpherv1, I'm familiar with the fact that SSK has a tendency to lurk but as of yet, he hasn't done so here. And from what I understand, he's trying to get rid of that bad habit as evidenced by his posts in this thread. What do you think of SSK's posts here so far? Why push a policy lynch when the player you want to policy lynch hasn't been doing the thing you're trying to police?

Cove, why did you immediately switch your vote from Doombunny to Zajnet in the same post when you were voting them for the exact same reasons?
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Rai wrote:It's half joking, I just don't see a townie mindset in saying that they themselves are scum.
And you do see a scum mindset in saying that? lol?
Incog wrote:To the second half of this: can't we say the same thing about a bunch of other people in the game?
We probably could but Rai doesn't even seem to be making an attempt out of it. He just seems to be screwing around a bit.
Cove wrote:How did you go from "Get a sense of humour" directed at myself and Raivann, to us being your top two suspects?
The "Holy shit! SK just made a vote in the RVS! Die scum!" reasoning is very weak and it just seems like scum trying to either create noise without having to actually do anything or scum trying to make a fast wagon.
Parama wrote:Wow. Ani, you're arguing with Cove because Cove isn't voting MSSK, who you are voting for policy reasons - and you FoS him for it? That's... ridiculous. This entire argument is ridiculous.
This. Ani is looking pretty scummy right now to me for her crappy BW vote, pointless arguments and reasoning, etc.
Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by Cove »

Incognito: It was the distancing. Doombunny9 was at least consistant with his dislike for our interpretation of SaintK's joke. Zaj Listed us as top suspects then went on to say our votes maybe, kinda, could be alright. Then tried to pass it off as a gambit.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by Incognito »

I don't see the distancing thing. Are you talking about distancing from an argument or distancing between scum buddies?
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by Cove »

The kind of distancing that is "I think you're my top suspects, but you might be town because SaintK might be scum"
Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by Cove »

Distancing from any possible lynch of myself or Raivann.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:19 pm

Post by Raivann »

@Icognito-Why are still voting Cove ?
I am actually leaning town on him.

Doombunny and Zaj's cases are awful and exaggerated.

Doombunny also seems too sure that SaintK is town.
Doombunny9 wrote: Finally, I know a few people have at least touched on the subject but @all- How much do you know about Mars Volta that may be helpful in this game flavor wise. Personally, I know next to nothing about Mars Volta.
And He was the one that asked this distracting scummy question.
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by Raivann »

Doombunny wrote: The "Holy shit! SK just made a vote in the RVS! Die scum!" reasoning is very weak and it just seems like scum trying to either create noise without having to actually do anything or scum trying to make a fast wagon.
Do you got a problem with "fast wagons" in the RVS ?

Nobody was saying Die scum! More exaggerations from Doombunny.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by Incognito »

Cove, I'm still not seeing it...
Post 108, Raivann wrote:@Icognito-Why are still voting Cove ?
I am actually leaning town on him.
cuz I'm currently not?

Doombunny's giving me conflicting reads. I thought his opening post was mildly townish since speculating on possible scum fake-claims is something I think scum would be more likely to try to keep to themselves than noting out in the open like he did, but I haven't liked much of anything else I've read from him.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by Raivann »

In other news, Zajnet is caught scum.
Unvote, Vote : Zajnet

Parama wrote:
Zajnet wrote:
Parama wrote:OOH. Appealing to an attacker aren't we? I see where this is going.
unvote, vote: Zajnet
Please outline how scum-me would do that, while town-me wouldn't? I intentionally didn't vote to see how people reacted, and he reacted in a very pro-town manner, so I voted Rai.
As soon as you were called out, you appealed to the person who called you out by calling them townie and then proceeding to vote like they asked you to. That looks more like an appeal than anything.
---------------------------- ^ This.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:03 pm

Post by Parama »

And why did you wait 3 posts to bring that up when I said that a while back? You bring up points against Doombunny and then don't even FoS him, yet you're quick to follow my logic onto a wagon. Why not continue with what you were building on? It seems like you don't want to contrast with Incog's reads - as soon as he brings up that he feels Doom is town, you switch to a new target.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by Cove »

Incognito:
Zajnet wrote:
I'm going to have to /barn the people that have said that Raivann and Cove appear scummy from the SK joking thing. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if SK ends up being scum
. In my experience, scum claims that early, even in obvious joking form, are driven by one of three things: a true joke (the least likely), a guilty conscience (also not very likely), or a scum trying to get townie points because what scum would claim scum? (the most likely). That being said, SK's responses have made me feel a lot better about him.
Let me try and paraphrase so you can see what I'm getting at:

1st bolded sentence: I agree Raivann and Cove are my top two picks for scum (he confirms this in his next post)

2nd bolded statement: Maybe I'm not so sure they're guilty, because I see things the same way they did. Debonair Danny Dipietro introduced this idea to me in my first game here: it's beneficial for scum to have something to point back to later when their prey flips town, to say that they weren't sure, as an attempt to dodge guilt for pushing a townie's wagon too far.

Doombunny is almost equally as guilty, I agree. I definitely don't see how Zajnet could be any townier though.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by Raivann »

Parama wrote:And why did you wait 3 posts to bring that up when I said that a while back? You bring up points against Doombunny and then don't even FoS him, yet you're quick to follow my logic onto a wagon. Why not continue with what you were building on? It seems like you don't want to contrast with Incog's reads - as soon as he brings up that he feels Doom is town, you switch to a new target.
First I had some things to say about the cases on me.
Then I reread the last couple pages.
I didn't FoS doombunny because I thought I made my stance pretty clear.
I feel like FoSing too much anyways.
Don't worry I can continue building while I'm on Zaj wagon.
I'm not worried what what Incognito says, I'm trying to get a better read off of him, thats why I asked him question. It's call it scumhunting.
Day 1 I switch targets alot.
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by Zajnet »

Cove wrote:The kind of distancing that is "I think you're my top suspects, but you might be town because SaintK might be scum"
What would you rather I say? I said exactly what I was thinking, that you and Rai were seeming scum but if SaintK flipped scum it would make the two of you appear much more town.
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Zaj wrote:Doombunny and Zaj's cases are awful and exaggerated.
Yours wasn't?
Rai wrote:Doombunny also seems too sure that SaintK is town.
While I am leaning town on him, I don't think I'm "too sure" of this.
Raj wrote:And He was the one that asked this distracting scummy question.
Oh dear, an accusation with nothing to back it up. Explain why it is scummy pl0x.
Raj wrote:Do you got a problem with "fast wagons" in the RVS ?
Here's the thing. It lasted past the RVS. For example, you've had your vote on SK much after the RVS.

I'm fine with my vote on Rai but if it looks like Zaj is going to be the lynch of the day I'd be fine with it.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:22 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

I forgot to say that I have a final tomorrow and as such will be
V/LA
until Friday evening/Saturday morning (GMT).
Eek
!
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:24 am

Post by Parama »

I like Raivann's response to my accusation.

The last line of Doombunny's post is incredibly unsettling.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:27 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Parama wrote:The last line of Doombunny's post is incredibly unsettling.
Explain? I have already named Zaj as one of my scumpicks (and some of his later posts haven't been helping him) so I would be ok with a Zaj lynch if he was lynched today (Although it's still too early to tell)
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:30 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

By the way in post 116 that I made I made a mistake. I'm not sure if it matters at all but to avoid possible confusion the quote that I marked as Zaj's is actually Rai's.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:48 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Parama wrote:Wow. Ani, you're arguing with Cove because Cove isn't voting MSSK, who you are voting for policy reasons - and you FoS him for it? That's... ridiculous. This entire argument is ridiculous.

FoS: Ani
WHAT? No, that wasn't the reason. I was arguing with Cove because apparently SSK became Super townie on page 3, which I don't find to be the truth.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:49 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

FOR THE LAST TIME, IWAS NOT PUSHING A POLICY LYNCH ON HIM! IF YOU DON'T GET IT BY NOW, I AM NOT EXPLAINING
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:52 am

Post by NavyCherub »

Doombunny9 wrote:And you do see a scum mindset in saying that? lol?
This makes me think you're not reading, or skimming, because that has been discussed and at least two people have said why there would be a scum motivation to do that.
Doombunny9 wrote:We probably could but Rai doesn't even seem to be making an attempt out of it. He just seems to be screwing around a bit.
I think you're missing the point again, probably from not reading very much. He did make an attempt out of it, and Incognito was calling him out for focusing on one person doing what many are.
Doombunny9 wrote:The "Holy shit! SK just made a vote in the RVS! Die scum!" reasoning is very weak and it just seems like scum trying to either create noise without having to actually do anything or scum trying to make a fast wagon.
So all early wagons (this is RVS-early, by the way) are scum oriented? Does that even make sense to you?
Doombunny9 wrote:Yours wasn't?
That makes it alright? Way to deflect an accusation without actually defending yourself at all.
Doombunny9 wrote:Here's the thing. It lasted past the RVS. For example, you've had your vote on SK much after the RVS.
But it was still early in the game, right outside of RVS. It is ridiculous to call anyone out for this.

Doombunny
isn't reading the thread.
Unvote, Vote Doombunny

Incognito seems really sure that SSK is town. This isn't necessarily a bad thing right now, but it just feels very strange to me, and if SSK is scum I would be pretty suspicious of Incognito. It feels like he's defending someone fervently who hasn't really done much at all; he sure does mention how he thinks he is town often.

Essentially, I am seeing where ani is coming from for the whole town, but mostly Incognito: SSK has been given a town label simply because of ani's actions. That doesn't look right to me.
Incognito wrote:
@NavyCherub:
If you agree with Raivann's case, why aren't you voting Me=Weird?
I didn't look at it like a "case," more as a good observation. Looking back, that may have been because there was no vote attached to it, so it didn't seem like he was quite convinced that Me=Weird was scum based on those things alone, either.
[url=http://wideface.wordpress.com/]Let's Wideface.[/url]
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:24 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Navy wrote:This makes me think you're not reading, or skimming, because that has been discussed and at least two people have said why there would be a scum motivation to do that.
Yet Rai said nothing of the sort. He could have at least said something.
Navy wrote:I think you're missing the point again, probably from not reading very much. He did make an attempt out of it, and Incognito was calling him out for focusing on one person doing what many are.
Rai did NOT make an attempt out of it and I would like you to show me where he did. When Rai was on SK this is what he said about him: 1. Voting him "for the voices", "SK said he was scum! Therefore he must be!" and "lololol joke post about SK". Excuse me if this doesn't look like he's really attempting to push a SK lynch.
Navy wrote:So all early wagons (this is RVS-early, by the way) are scum oriented? Does that even make sense to you?
This was not just in the RVS...
Navy wrote:That makes it alright? Way to deflect an accusation without actually defending yourself at all.
As I recall what I was referring said against me was "Dooms case on me is awful and exaggerated" Excuse me for the lack of things to defend myself about there.
Navy wrote:But it was still early in the game, right outside of RVS. It is ridiculous to call anyone out for this.
Up until I made that quote, the only thing worthwhile Rai said was his case on Me=Weird. Even if it was just after RVS, he should be doing something instead of voting SK for his "He made a joke lolololol"
Navy wrote:Doombunny isn't reading the thread.
Oh dear. An accusation which is both incorrect and has very little support. Please, think before you make wild accusations.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”