Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:38 am

Post by Zaicon »

That's right, I'm going to attempt a forum version of the Marathon game Lucid Dreamers Mafia.

Instead of normal, assigned night actions, you get to choose what you want to do during the night.

Instead a bunch of rules about what's not allowed, the mechanics are as follows:
  • The game will be a night start.
  • You will send me a list of three dreams.
  • I will comment on each one (with regards to whether or not I accept it and any other notes about that dream), and send it back to you.
  • You will then choose which one you prefer to implement.
  • Dreams must be in "dream format", which means "
    I become a dayvig
    " is not allowed. However, "
    I dream that when I wake up, I will have a gun
    " is allowed.
  • All dreams will be subject to my interpretation. For example, the gun in the last dream probably won't be a killing gun; it would probably just be a paintball gun that causes the target to only post in a certain color. Or maybe the gun
    would
    shoot a bullet and it would force the target to dream of being healed the next night (aka an effective roleblock).
  • The Mafia ("Nightmares") will have a factional nightkill (not effective on Night 0).
Some basic Lucid Dreamer rules are still in effect, such as no linking players ("
I dream that if Player X dies, Player Y commits suicide
"), no mass-actions ("
I dream that everyone else is unable to dream tonight
"), and the mod (me) will
not
lie in any vote counts/player flips/etc. Also, the more creative your dream is, the more powerful I will allow your dream to be.

This is an upcoming 13p Mini Theme game. Note that balance in night actions is not guaranteed and this entire setup is un-reviewed and completely experimental. I will take up to 6 pre-/ins and no hydras will be allowed.

Return to “Queue”