Unable to Log in (archive of requests)

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:35 pm

Post by jeep »

Send me your ISP information. It must be that you are on an ISP that has been partially blocked and you are getting new IPs in that range.

-JEEP
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:53 am

Post by Rogueben »

My access is back.

Thanks.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:19 am

Post by Rogueben »

Access is cut off again. I'm using proxies to access at the moment.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
Tomato
Tomato
Goon
Tomato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:58 am

Post by Tomato »

I got randomly logged out a bit ago, and couldn't log back in at www.mafiascum.net, but without the www works fine. Whenever I tried to log in, I'd get sent back to the forum index or the log in page. It showed me invalid password errors when I put in an incorrect password though.
MafiascumZuFaul (11:27:19 PM): what is the difference between chuck norris and god?
weedragonaut (11:27:39 PM): one is an overused meme on the internet and the other is an overused meme in real life?
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 8:04 am

Post by Lamont_Cranston »

I seem to have a really short session time and then when it ends the session and I am logged out I am unable to login again on that same screen. I have to close all mafiascum browsers and then re-launch a new one before it will let me login.

I added mafiascum to my "allow" cookies list.

I'm thinking that something basic can be done to lengthen my sesssion time or somehow allow me to login from the same browser after my session ends??

I am using IE8 and I am am opening up 3-4 browsers so i can watch the various games I am involved in by just refreshing.
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 8:22 am

Post by jeep »

I think we have it set to never time out your cookie, so it would be on your browser. Opening multiple browsers can mess with the cookies (as can multiple tabs) but I haven't seen them log people out that I know of. Mostly it messes with the "new" indicators.

-JEEP
Starkiller
Starkiller
Townie
Starkiller
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:06 am

Post by Starkiller »

I keep having trouble logging in, took about 100 tries for it to finally work now. It also never keeps me logged in even when I check the box. Deleting cookies and opening the site in its own browser do not seem to help. Please tell me if there's something I can do, otherwise this really affects my ability to participate conisistently in games here.
-Starkiller
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:15 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Tried a different browser? Reset all privacy options in your current browser? Rebooted the computer? Tried www.mafiascum.net vs mafiascum.net?
Starkiller
Starkiller
Townie
Starkiller
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:26 am

Post by Starkiller »

I tried some of those things, and today I was able to log on first try, hopefully the problem's been fixed permanently... Thanks for the help
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

Up until about four days ago, I was able to log in from my phone and get to the site there no problem. In the last couple of days, though, I just can't. Each time I try logging in, it just returns me to the login screen. I've tried clicking Log In and Log In to Check Your Private Message, each with same result.

Phone is a Samsung Alias II and service is Verizon, if that helps.

This is especially frustrating as I'm going to be V/LA for almost a week; if I could log in from my phone, I could have better access.

(This place is so addicting. I am ashamed.)
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

Josh Lyman wrote:Up until about four days ago, I was able to log in from my phone and get to the site there no problem. In the last couple of days, though, I just can't. Each time I try logging in, it just returns me to the login screen. I've tried clicking Log In and Log In to Check Your Private Message, each with same result.

Phone is a Samsung Alias II and service is Verizon, if that helps.

This is especially frustrating as I'm going to be V/LA for almost a week; if I could log in from my phone, I could have better access.

(This place is so addicting. I am ashamed.)
Bump.

It's really frustrating; does anyone else play from their phones, or am I the only Certified Freak? :oops:
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:47 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

I;ve had no issues at all since my return until yesterday, when I could not log in from my usual browser (IE). Chrome worked. Tried IE again, still not. Kicking out the www in the url did the trick in IE. Weird.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:28 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Dragon Phoenix wrote:I;ve had no issues at all since my return until yesterday, when I could not log in from my usual browser (IE). Chrome worked. Tried IE again, still not. Kicking out the www in the url did the trick in IE. Weird.
Just hit this exact situation in IE; removing the www. worked. Strange thing is I was able to login about an hour earlier, but hadn't checked "log me in automatically". No idea if that's related...
Retired as of October 2014.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:23 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Mr. Flay wrote:
Dragon Phoenix wrote:I;ve had no issues at all since my return until yesterday, when I could not log in from my usual browser (IE). Chrome worked. Tried IE again, still not. Kicking out the www in the url did the trick in IE. Weird.
Just hit this exact situation in IE; removing the www. worked. Strange thing is I was able to login about an hour earlier, but hadn't checked "log me in automatically". No idea if that's related...
Just to note, this isn't IE wide. I haven't gotten this.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Rally Vincent
Rally Vincent
Goon
Rally Vincent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Rally Vincent »

My log in problems have been solved, thanks a lot.
Show
The youths who frequent picture palaces
have no need for psychoanalysis.
And though Dr. Freud
is distinctly annoyed
they cling to their long-standing fallacies.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:06 am

Post by mith »

If anyone else can't log in, just shoot me an email. There may be a conversion issue if your username or password contained any characters phpbb3 doesn't like.
VayreGuest
VayreGuest
VayreGuest

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:20 am

Post by VayreGuest »

Hey, registered earlier today, but the confirmation email hasn't come through to activate my account.

I can't remember the wording of the sign-up screen very well, so i'm not sure if this site/phpBB3 uses automatic emails or manual approval. If its the former then evidently something has gone wrong, if its the latter then sorry for my impatience and poor memory.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:56 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

We use manual activation; patience, and welcome!
ComputingTemp
ComputingTemp
ComputingTemp

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by ComputingTemp »

This isn't so much a problem with my account as I know why I can't access it (because I changed my e-mail) I'm just in the middle of my first game and would really like access quickly and I was wondering if maybe a warning that you need to be reactivated if you change your e-mail might be a good thing?

(My username is Computing)
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:37 am

Post by wolframnhart »

I am posting this for a person in my Newbie Game, he/she sent me an email saying they were having problems logging in and asked if i could help. Here is the short and simple part of the email they sent me:

Hi, this is Computing, because I am an utter spanner I've gotten myself locked out of my account by changing my e-mail address and so need to be re-activated, is there anyway you could help me speed this along or post for me or anything?

If the person's email is needed I will send that in a PM, didn't want to post it on the forum without their permission.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:12 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

wolframnhart wrote:I am posting this for a person in my Newbie Game, he/she sent me an email saying they were having problems logging in and asked if i could help. Here is the short and simple part of the email they sent me:

Hi, this is Computing, because I am an utter spanner I've gotten myself locked out of my account by changing my e-mail address and so need to be re-activated, is there anyway you could help me speed this along or post for me or anything?

If the person's email is needed I will send that in a PM, didn't want to post it on the forum without their permission.

Send it over to mith. I've had this problem.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:33 am

Post by Guest »

i signed up a couple of days ago but have not gotten the activation email, im just curious how long it will take.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:49 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Okay, soooo... dram & I created an account for our mini theme game like a day or so ago, and it still hasn't been approved. Either that or something glitchy is going on. Can a mod/admin check out "The Mods" account and let us know what's up?
green shirt thursdays
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:18 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

mith was out of town this weekend I think, I'm sure he'll get to it soon.
Alfar
Alfar
Alfar

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:29 am

Post by Alfar »

I'm having some trouble it seems - I had an account a couple of years ago (I only played one newbie game as vanilla townie, back when newbie games were C9, and lost to an IC scum in LyLo, though I tried my very best to convince the other townie to vote with me.)

I don't particularly mind that being gone, but I tried to register anew, and I got the welcome email ok.
Over the next week or so, I tried logging in every now and then, in case I had missed a notification that my account had been activated. Each time, I got a message that the account was inactive. After about a week, I got a different message, however: I was now entering an incorrect username. I took that as meaning that my account had been deleted for some reason or other, so I tried registering again, Monday of this week. Got a welcome mail, waited, tried logging in, inactive account. Now I'm back to the incorrect username thing again.

Any suggestions?

Return to “Solved Requests”