Mini 152: Roland's Thankgiving Dinner Mafia! - Abandoned?

rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Mini 152: Roland's Thankgiving Dinner Mafia! - Abandoned?

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:19 pm

Post by rolandofthewhite »

Ding-dong

Roland stood, shivering, outside his grandmother's front door, watching tiny flakes of snow dance past his nose. In his hands he clasped a covered dish containing his mother's infamous potato salad, which had been outlawed in nearly a dozen states... Not that it kept her from making the vile stuff, of course. He bit the corner of his lip impatiently, adjusted his grip on the dish, and pressed the doorbell again.

Ding-dong

This time, he was rewarded by a series of shrill yaps and approaching footsteps. The door swung open, revealing Roland's grandmother, a frail old lady who stood at nearly six feet despite her bent posture. Circling excitedly around her feet was a tiny, white poodle.

"Roland!" his grandma exclaimed, seizing him in a surprisingly strong embrace. The dish of potato salad slipped slightly from his grip, spilling a few globs which immediately began to burn their way unnoticed into the carpet. After a few moments, the hug was broken, and Roland stepped into the warmth of the house with a single thought in mind.

"Food?" he asked his grandma hopefully, his eyes widening. She nodded once, and that was all the impetus he needed. With a cry of joy, he rushed into the dining room, the poodle following close behind and nipping at his heels. He paused in the doorway, relishing the smells and sight of the Thanksgiving spread, all the delicious foods just waiting for him to...

Wait... What was that?

Roland leaned over one of the dishes, grimacing. Yuck. Well, he would certainly avoid eating that. After all, why would he want to eat some nasty old food when he had a veritable feast before him?

Hiding the potato salad in a nearby cabinet to save everyone a nasty case of food poisoning, Roland grabbed a plate and began to tuck in.

But something was terribly wrong with Thanksgiving this year. Some of the foods were tired of being mistreated and unloved. They were tired of being shunted to the side, and so they were going to get even. They were going to make sure that Thanksgiving was as miserable for Roland as possible, by ensuring that
they
would be the only foods going on anyone's plate this year.

Oh, yes. It was going to be messy. It was going to be violent. It was going to be the worst Thanksgiving ever.

---

Foods on the Table

1. Dmi
2. Fuldu
3. Maximumum
4. Talitha
5. zedmango

Poodle Chow

mepmuff
- Gravy (Potential Mason) - covered with yellow goop, Night 1
Dranko20
- Deviled Eggs (Mafia) - excessively sugared, Night 1
The_Machine86
- Sweet Potatoes (Cult Leader) - riddled with holes, Night 1
warpdragon
- Green Beans (Townsperson) - pushed off the table, Day 1
halo freak
- Pumpkin Pie (Doctor) - riddled with holes, Night 2
Maximus
- Turkey (Cop) - excessively sugared, Night 2
inHimshallibe
- Cranberry Sauce (Serial Killer) - pushed off the table, Day 2

---

Current Status: Night 3

Current Deadline: ---
Last edited by rolandofthewhite on Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:06 am, edited 20 times in total.
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:25 pm

The Rules, Slightly Modified:

1. Votes must be in
bold
. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted.
2. Please be attentive and
unvote
before casting a new vote. If you do not unvote, your new vote will not be counted.
3. Executions will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, his pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded. You may
vote: no lynch
– majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.
4. The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so.
5. Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing.
6. Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts.
7. Don’t quote any PMs from me.
If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. I will prod you once, approximately a day before your choice is due. However, I will not wait for you. If you do not submit a choice to me, tough! No choice will be made.

8. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
9. Remember, it’s a game. It’s supposed to played. It’s supposed to be fun. Do your part.

Please confirm your role via PM.
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:19 pm

Roland rubbed his stomach contentedly and belched. My, that was a delicious first course! He pulled himself slowly from his chair, lurching erratically across the kitchen floor toward the bathroom, leaving the foods alone on the kitchen table.

A foolish move.

---

Mepmuff, the
Gravy
, glanced about the table anxiously. He hadn't quite been himself since he had gotten separated from his partner. Oh, the wonderful times they used to have together! They truly brought out the best in each other... But now Mepmuff was alone.

Suddenly, the tablecloth rustled nearby. Mepmuff turned quickly in the direction of the noise, nearly spilling out of his gravy boat.

"Who's there?!" he called out nervously. A shape began to materialize out of the shadows, moving silently and steadily forward.

"I-is that you...?" Mepmuff trembled, his eyes growing wide with fear. The dark shape chuckled evilly, emitting a noxious stench. That odor alone was enough to alert Mepmuff as to whom the mysterious figure was. It was the smell of evil. It was the smell of Dranko20, the
Deviled Eggs

Dranko gave a cry of triumph and leapt at Mepmuff out of the gloom. Mepmuff gave one final shriek as globs of thick, yellowish-grey yolk struck him, and then his tastiness was ruined forever.

---

As Dranko stood over the fallen Mepmuff, he heard a quiet snicker from behind him. Spinning around, he was surprised to see one of his fellow foods watching him closely, a strange twinkle in their eye.

"Hey! What are you doing here?! Beat it, or I'll take care of you just like I took care of Mepmuff!" Dranko shouted angrily, preparing to cover the newcomer with more of his sticky, yellow goop. To his surprise, however, the newcomer threw back their head and laughed. Dranko blinked perplexedly. Without warning, all of the laughter went out of the newcomer's voice, instead replaced with something cold and wicked.

"You wish."

The newcomer rushed forward, the smell of sugar filled the air, and Dranko screamed and screamed.

---

"Where is he?" Dranko's partner-in-crime complained grumpily. He should have been back hours ago. Mepmuff wasn't that difficult of a target, after all.

Suddenly, an approaching voice drifted out from behind the butter bowl.

"Yoohoo! Anyone here?"

Dranko's partner rolled their eyes. It was that uppity zealot, The_Machine86, the
Sweet Potatoes
. He was always nosing into other peoples' business and trying to convince everyone that they needed to rebel against all of those stuck-up, essential Thanksgiving foods. Dranko's partner begrudgingly agreed with him on that matter, but there were more... Subtle ways to go about it.

The_Machine turned the corner and grinned at Dranko's partner, his arms full of pamphlets and flyers. Dranko's partner groaned, but forced a smile as The_Machine drew closer.

“Hey! I’ve finally decided that it’s time for those snotty foods to learn their place, so I’m staging a rebellion! We can wipe the table clean of their influence, and give all of us remaining foods the equality that we deserve! What do you say?”

Dranko’s partner stared at The_Machine blankly.

“Um... How many people do you have so far?” they asked.

The_Machine looked slightly embarrassed, and lowered his head.

“Well, you see... That’s what I came here to ask you about. You’re the first person I asked, and I was hoping that if you joined up, maybe some other people would, and--”

This was too much for Dranko’s partner. They were fed up with listening to this blather, and they intended to put a stop to it. Right now.

“Gah! You stupid little vegetable!” Dranko’s partner shouted, grabbing The_Machine, throwing him to the ground, and stomping him full of holes until his cries for mercy ceased.

---

Roland washed his hands thoroughly and returned to the kitchen, eager to start in on his second serving of food. A feast, however, was not what he found. A culinary bloodbath would have been a more appropriate term for it.

The gravy boat had been violently tipped over, spilling Mepmuff the Gravy all over the tablecloth. Blobs of foul yellow goop floated in his remains.

Dranko20, the Deviled Eggs (and most likely the cause of that yellow goop), was lying nearby, covered with some sort of sticky, purple residue. Roland grimaced, dipped a finger into Dranko’s remains, and tasted it, spitting out the filth a moment later. They had been sweetened! As foul as Deviled Eggs normally are, the presence of so much sugar made them somehow worse. Roland shuddered before continuing to the last dish.

The_Machine86, the Sweet Potatoes, sat squished and alone in the middle of the table, its miniature marshmallows now looking rather dejected and forlorn. A more striking feature, however, was that the food was entirely riddled with tiny round holes.
What on earth could have done this?
, Roland mused as he removed the ruined food from the table, placing it on the floor for his grandmother’s hyperactive poodle to snack on.

It was shaping up to be a very disturbing Thanksgiving indeed.

---

With 9 left alive, it’s 5 to push someone off of the table!
zedmango
zedmango
Townie
zedmango
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:27 pm

Post by zedmango »

Hey everyone. Happy thanksgiving.

So three different mafia/SK groups? That ought to be interesting.

Vote: Talitha
because she's always trouble :)
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:32 pm

Post by Dmi »

Yay! Lots of flavour! :D

Random Vote: inhimshallibe

Lots of killing. I think there's a vig- the one who killed Dranko. But I don't get how Dranko's partner can kill. Any ideas?
Maximus
Maximus
Goon
Maximus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:50 pm

Post by Maximus »

I think what happened was SK targeted mafia and mafia targeted mason and when cult leader tried to convert one of the mafia, he was killed...IIRC, some mods use that little side-effect I think.

Random vote: halo freak
Captains and Kings may rule the world, but it is the presence of those we love and the memory of those we have lost, but who continue to live in our hearts, which bring beauty to living and make all that we do worthwhile.
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:05 pm

Post by Maximumum »

Violent, yet appetizing!

Random Vote: Dmi
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:57 pm

Post by Fuldu »

I agree with Maximus' assessment of the kills. The cult leader was killed for targeting mafia, not with a killing party's explicit kill. The mafia are deviled eggs (deceased) and something that would make a lot of tiny holes. The SK is something purple and sweet, probably cranberry sauce. The cult leader is gone and shouldn't have any followers out there.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:09 am

Post by Dmi »

I agree with that too. I really should read more roles. The cult leader's evil, right?
halo freak
halo freak
Goon
halo freak
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:53 am

Post by halo freak »

wow three deaths!
i think maximus i right about what happened but i don't like the sound of a cult but i least the leader is dead. but what is the chance that the is an other cult member out there, (if there is) i guess that they won't be able to recruit but they are still as good as mafia.

i thought that the machine had some kind of powered role because roland said that was still waiting for a last night choice and everyone but him had confirmed but that is irrelevant now.

tiny holes could be a watermelon firing seeds?
Become a replacement for Italian Mafia [b][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2479&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0&sid=adecd9ea5f99eb6ee344bd18c4bf4de0]HERE[/url][/b]

*smacks Cadmium with stick for fun*
- Phoebus
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:18 am

Post by Maximumum »

Dmi wrote:I agree with that too. I really should read more roles. The cult leader's evil, right?
Not necessarily evil. I had to read more roles too, because of my relative "newbieness".
This is what it said about Cults (not that the veterans need reminding, this is more for my benefit):
The Cult recruits players into something like a Mason group. In one variation, the Cult is on the Town's side, while in another the Cult is a separate evil group trying to take over the Town. In either variation, the Cult is successful when recruiting a player on the Town side, while a Cult member dies if the Cult attempts to recruit a Mafia member
The evilness of the Cult depends on the game.
Obviously, our Cult Leader died while recruiting Dranko20's partner. Because it said in the flavour "You’re the first person I asked, and I was hoping that if you joined up, maybe some other people would" can we assume that the cult leader started the game
without
a cult? If that is the case, then the cult aspect of the game is now a non-factor?

Purple, sugary and gooey...I'm not sure that is cranberry sauce. I've never seen purple cranberries. I have no idea what kind of food could create tiny holes in the victim. Really thin breadsticks? Lethally slim carrot sticks?
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:26 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Tasty flavor text, mod! :)

Well, the night scene mentioned the killer stomping holes into the Sweet Potatoes, if it would make a difference. Now, on to a
random vote : zed
mango
as mangoes usually don't frequent our Thanksgivings...
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:24 am

Post by Dmi »

Hmm. I've been thinking about that purple thing.
Could be a plum, grapes, eggplant.
But those can't make holes.
zedmango
zedmango
Townie
zedmango
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:38 am

Post by zedmango »

The sticky purple stuff and the holes were from two different foods; Dranko was covered in purple goop, but the Machine was filled with holes.

The two mafia are probably two related foods. What goes with deviled eggs?

Porcupines could make holes with their quills. Maybe someone is a roast porcupine.

Maxi, my guess is yes, we can probably assume we don't have to worry about the cult, based on the line you quoted. Seems like roland's throwing lots of clues in the flavor text, so we'll have to read very carefully...
memorable Crola quotes:
"scummy is my play style"
"I don't think we should trust anyone, I think you're all liars and murderers fisrt off"
"It's never too late to random vote"
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:33 pm

Post by Dmi »

zedmango- the deviled eggs don't matter. They were killed.

One is mafia, the other one is an SK. I don't expect them to be related.

I doubt that there is a porcupine in the game. Unless roland is fond of eating them.
warpdragon
warpdragon
Goon
warpdragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:24 pm

Post by warpdragon »

Since Deviled Eggs is the mafia, then something that goes with deviled egs will be the other mafia.

Random Vote Talitha
for not posting
Show
IS: Kiwis get to hunt the natives on Sundays
Tally: kiwis are the natives
IS: Thats the fun part

Mackay: Oh hey, I got sigged! :)

[size=75][i]Edited by Warpdragon[/i][/size]
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:35 pm

Post by Talitha »

vote: halo freak
to give me some company on 2 votes :wink:

I was thinking a masher might have made the little holes.. but it doesnt seem quite right.
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:57 pm

The "Porcupines Be Tasty" Vote Count:

halo freak- 2 (Maximus, Talitha)
Talitha- 2 (zedmango, warpdragon)
Dmi- 1 (Maximumum)
inHimshallibe- 1 (Dmi)
zedmango- 1 (inHimshallibe)

Not voting (2): Fuldu, halo freak

5 to lynch.
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:35 am

Post by Dmi »

I think we agree this is what happened.
Maximus wrote:I think what happened was SK targeted mafia and mafia targeted mason and when cult leader tried to convert one of the mafia, he was killed...IIRC, some mods use that little side-effect I think.
And I think we should stop thinking about the foods that could kill.
That should only help the mafia in knowing what not to claim, right?
halo freak
halo freak
Goon
halo freak
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:27 am

Post by halo freak »

good point but are we actually allow to mention the food that we are or just the plain cop, doc, townie etc
Become a replacement for Italian Mafia [b][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2479&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0&sid=adecd9ea5f99eb6ee344bd18c4bf4de0]HERE[/url][/b]

- Phoebus
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:49 am

Post by Dmi »

Usually, we're allowed to claim who we are in games. The ones that have a role.
zedmango
zedmango
Townie
zedmango
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:52 am

Post by zedmango »

There's not much to go on yet, but:
Unvote: Talitha

Vote: Dmi

His second to last post aroused my suspicions. It's true that the food is not of great importance, but why is he in such a hurry to brush all this aside? And I think the post of mine he was responding to was pretty clear, yet he misinterpreted it: I didn't say the mafia and SK were related.

His last post was also suspicious. The quoted scenario is probably what happened, but we should beware of taking the flavor text as Truth, and stay open to other possibilities: maybe there are other cult members, who knows? I don't think any of us agree that was what happened: it's a guess.

And stop talking about the food? No, talking about the foods doesn't only help the mafia. I hope none of us would vote based on the food someone claims, anyway. I think any first day discussion helps the town: we can make guesses based on the way people post and respond.
halo freak
halo freak
Goon
halo freak
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:00 am

Post by halo freak »

there aren't another cult members zed in rolands thing the cult leader was asked how many supporters he had and he replied you are the first one (or something like that i can't be bothered to check)

i agree what maximus thinks about how three died. Why wouldn't we agree in the thing that roland wrote he said that the other mafia killed the cult leader and explained the other deaths
small
fos zedmango
for not reading the thingie at the top. Why shouldn't it be the truth

- Phoebus
zedmango
zedmango
Townie
zedmango
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:13 am

Post by zedmango »

halo, I read the thingie at the top. Please read post #13. That's probably what happened, but flavor text is just flavor text and need not have anything to do with the game. Also, a cult is hardly a revolutionary organization. All I'm saying is that it's hardly certain, just likely.
memorable Crola quotes:
"scummy is my play style"
"I don't think we should trust anyone, I think you're all liars and murderers fisrt off"
"It's never too late to random vote"
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:12 pm

Post by Dmi »

I knew that I was probably gonna get voted for that idea.
When someone claims, that means they'll probaly mention their food.

If we begin to throw these ideas out, they'll avoid those claims.
We then can discuss after a claim.

And I'd trust this flavor text. Seems to be accurate.
And no sane person would put this much flavor text without containing meaningful stuff.

As for confusing the mafia and SK, I had a bad day yesterday. I also accidentally lynched someone in another game because I missed one page. It wasn't on purpose.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”