Newbie Introductions - Sup Fellow Home Slices

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #861 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:57 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

There have been multiple people here from the homestuck forums. For whatever reason, certain web communities (Smash Bros, Scorehero, some magic the gathering place?) seem to field big mafia groups that find their way here. From what I gather (which isn't much, granted) I think the homestuck forums tend to play the much more role-involved nightplay sort of mafia instead of mafiascum's slower dayplay style. Try not to be culture shocked too much. (And welcome!)
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #876 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:25 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

There's often a moderator/IC shortage, and sometimes singersinger (the Newbie Queue list mod) will delay a game even when there are enough mods/ICs if it's a close call. When someone /in's to mod, it's very jarring to be told "Great, can you start tomorrow?" which means sometimes singer has to delay the queue even when it looks like a game could go. It's like a traffic jam - there's no point accelerating if you have to hit the brakes ten feet later - better to always be going at a constant slow pace. (At least such is my limited understanding.)

Newbie's used to fill faster, but there was a giant site crash a few months back and it hurt most of the queues.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop

Return to “General Discussion”