BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Open 274: Game Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:34 am

Post by BlakAdder »

The trip seemed to take a week. After flying out here to the middle of nowhere, driving to an enormous lake, and riding a boat onto an island dead in the center of said lake, with six other people in tow, you are glad that you finally made it.
You were selected as part of a test market for a new resort in the middle of the woods on this island. You're going to get to stay out here in your very own log cabin for a week and enjoy all of the amenities of the resort.
The boat docks on the island and you step off. As you start to walk on the path leading to the cabins, you are stopped by a man standing in the middle of the road. He is tall and thin, with long black hair, and he wears a tuxedo and a black fedora.
"Greetings, ladies and gentlemen,"
he says, with his arms outstretched.
"Thank you for taking part in my little social experiment."

"What social experiment?"
one of the guests asks.
"I thought we were here to stay at the resort."

"Oh, you are,"
the man says.
"There's just one little detail I decided to withhold until now. You, my friends, are going to be part of a little competition."

"What kind of competition?"
someone else asks.
"Like a scavenger hunt or something?"

The man in the tuxedo lets out a long, raspy cackle.
"Good to see that some of you have a sense of humor, at least. No, this is going to be a game of life and death. Think of it as a manhunt."

The crowd starts murmuring and panicking at those last words.
"In the simplest terms, some of you are trying to kill the others. A team of two, to be exact. Whichever team is alive at the end wins."

Someone shouts
"Screw this! I'm getting out of here!"
and turns around to get back on the boat. However, when he turns around, he stops dead in his tracks. Everyone else looks and sees that the boat is already on its way back to the mainland.
"Yes,"
the man in the tux says.
"You are trapped here until the game is over. The boat will come back when I call it."

Everyone suddenly gets very tense. You look around and find yourself thinking about who the killers are.
"How are we supposed to defend ourselves?"
someone shouts from the back of the crowd.
"Simple. Kill them before they kill you."

The man turns to walk away, then stops.
"Oh, by the way, you can all call me The Mod. Rest assured, I'm on nobody's side. I'm just here to make sure everyone follows the rules. Enjoy your stay."

Game Status

Turn:
Night 2
Alive and Kicking:

Hoopla
Da_Mafia_Godfather
Fritzler
(replacing ConfidAnon)

Dead:

Fenchurch,
Vanilla Townie
, went to Davy Jones's Locker on Day 1
Stefunny,
Deputy
, ended his earthly career on Night 1
Andrew94,
Mafia Roleblocker
, decided Hell's got a better HR policy than his gang on Day 2
Alduskkel,
Doctor
, is wearing a toe tag as of Night 2
Last edited by BlakAdder on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:03 am, edited 12 times in total.
Game Record (W-L-T)
Town: 1-2-1
Mafia: 1-2-0
Third-party: 1-0-0
BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:35 am

Post by BlakAdder »

Da Rules

1. This game starts in the Day phase, when all confirms are in.
2. During Day, vote for whoever you think is scummiest. To vote, you must type vote: PlayerName, in bold, or else it will not count. If you already have a vote on someone and wish to either change or withdraw your vote, you must type unvote.
3. When a player reaches a majority of votes, they will be lynched. Nothing can stop this once they reach the majority, even if someone withdraws their vote. At this time, I will post a death scene and reveal the lynched player's role and alignment, and the game will move into Night.
4. You may not talk to any players, dead or alive, about the game outside of this thread, unless your get special permission because of your role.
5. Once you're dead, stop posting. You may make one bah post that does not have any game-based information.
6. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
7. If a player goes inactive for too long, I will prod them. If they continue, I will replace them. Players may request that a player is prodded, but don't expect me to bend to your every whim.
8. I will post votecounts as often as I feel is necessary. Feel free to request votecounts.
9. Don't be a twat. I'll rephrase this if I can think of a better way to put it, but this sums it up pretty nicely. Remember that the other players are people too and should be treated with respect. Also, while I myself do not mind a little bit of swearing, remember that the other players might.
10. Do not quote or fakequote your role PM. I will not hesistate to modkill you for this. Keep in mind that paraphrasing is fine.
11. I am not perfect. I am bound to make mistakes. If I do, notify me, but please be respectful.
12. This is a game. Have fun, and do not take things too seriously. This kind of goes hand-in-hand with Rule 9, so just remember common etiquette.
13. I'll add more rules if I need to.
14a. If a prodded player does not pick up their prod within 24 hours, they will be replaced immediately.
14b. If a prodded player picks up their prod, but does not post within 24 hours, they will be sent a final warning message. If they do not post within 24 hours of this, they will be replaced.
14c.Being prodded 3 times will result in replacement rather than a prod if the player goes inactive again.
14d.A player that is in line to be replaced can still come back to the game if the mod has not yet found a replacement for them. The exception to this is the three-prod rule.
Game Record (W-L-T)
BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:35 am

Post by BlakAdder »

The Setup is as follows:

3 Vanilla Townies
1 Cop OR 1 Doc
1 Deputy OR 1 Nurse

1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia Roleblocker
Townie Role PM wrote:You are a Vanilla Townie. This means you are just an average citizen. You have no special skills to speak of, and no special powers to use in the game. Your only weapons are your voice and your vote. Use them wisely.
You win when all of the Mafia are dead.
The thread is located here. Once you receive this PM and the thread is unlocked, post in-thread to confirm. Once everyone has confirmed, the game will start.
Cop Role PM wrote:You are a Cop, a skilled veteran of the police force trained in tracking down criminals. You can use this skill to help track down your would-be killers.
You have the power to Investigate. Once per Night, you may PM me the name of a player to investigate. I will send you back a result of “Mafia” or “Town.” Rest assured that there are no gimmicks or tricks in this game, and your result will always be correct.
The thread is located here. Once you have receive this PM and the thread is unlocked, post in-thread to confirm. Once everyone has confirmed, the game will start.
Doc Role PM wrote:You are a Doctor, a skilled practitioner of the medical sciences. You can use these skills to help heal and care for the people that would be killed during this sick, twisted vacation.
You have the power to Protect. Once per Night, you may PM me the name of a player you wish to protect. The Mafia will be unable to kill that player for that Night only.
The thread is located here. Once you have receive this PM and the thread is unlocked, post in-thread to confirm. Once everyone has confirmed, the game will start.
Deputy Role PM wrote:You are a Deputy, a newbie to the police force. Despite your lack of experience, you do have the skills needed to conduct an investigation. However, you have decided to leave the investigations in more skilled hands unless completely necessary.
As of now, you have no special abilities. However, if a Cop dies at any point in the game, I will send you a PM letting you know that you have been given the power to Investigate. After you have received this PM, then once per Night you may PM me the name of a player that you wish to investigate. I will send you back a response of “Town” or “Mafia” based on which role they have. Rest assured, there are no gimmicks or tricks in this game and your result will always be correct.
Nurse Role PM wrote:You are a Nurse, a trainee in the medical sciences. You aren’t as experienced as proper doctors, but you have the skills to save a life. Out of your own insecurities, you have decided to leave the task of lifesaving in the hands of someone more skilled until you’re truly needed.
As of now, you have no special abilities. However, if a Doctor dies at any point in the game, I will send you a PM letting you know that you have been given the power to Protect. After you have received this PM, then once per Night you may PM me the name of a player who you wish to protect. The Mafia will be unable to kill that player for that Night only.
Mafia Goon Role PM wrote:You are a Mafia Goon. You are not truly a guest at the resort, but a hired gun working for The Mod. Your assignment is to kill all of the guests.
Your mafia partner is AAAA. The two of you can talk in your QuickTopic here, but only before the game starts and at Night.
You and your partner share a nightkill. Once per Night you may send in the name of a player whom you wish to kill. Note that you and your partner must agree on your kill target. If I receive multiple PMs declaring different NK targets, I will go with the first one I received.
You win if the Mafia outnumber the Town.
Mafia Roleblocker Role PM wrote:You are a Mafia Roleblocker. You are a member of the Mafia hired by The Mod due to your talents at… ah, “distracting” people. Your assignment is to kill all of the non-Mafia guests.
Your mafia partner is BBBB. The two of you can talk in your QuickTopic here, but only before the game starts and at Night.
You have the ability to Block. Once per Night, you may PM me the name of a player whom you wish to block. You will pay them a visit that night and… “distract” them. Any abilities they may have that come with their role will not go through that Night.
You and your partner share a nightkill. Once per Night you may send in the name of a player whom you wish to kill. Note that you and your partner must agree on your kill target. If I receive multiple PMs declaring different NK targets, I will go with the first one I received.
You win if the Mafia outnumber the Town.
Last edited by BlakAdder on Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Game Record (W-L-T)
BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:22 am

Post by BlakAdder »

Thread's open, folks. Come out and play.
Game Record (W-L-T)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:35 am

Post by Hoopla »

Hello everyone, good luck.

Mod:
Can the roleblocker block
and
kill in the same night in a situation where they're the only mafioso alive? Also, could we theoretically have a Cop and Nurse? Or does one being picked guarantee the other?
BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:38 am

Post by BlakAdder »

Roleblocker CAN block and kill in the same night if they're the last Mafia member.
Yes, having a Doc/Deputy or Cop/Nurse combination is completely possible.
Game Record (W-L-T)
Da_Mafia_Godfather
Da_Mafia_Godfather
Goon
Da_Mafia_Godfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:45 am

Post by Da_Mafia_Godfather »

/confirm
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:34 am

Post by Hoopla »

VOTE: Alduskkel

:shifty:
BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:39 am

Post by BlakAdder »

No voting until the day starts please
Game Record (W-L-T)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:54 am

Post by Hoopla »

FoS: Alduskkel
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:59 am

Post by Fenchurch »

/confirm
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:53 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

/confirm
Stefunny
Stefunny
Goon
Stefunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:58 pm

Post by Stefunny »

/confirm!
Show
Founding Member of the
U
n
i
c
o
r
n
Brethren

Spoiler: (best spoiler ever)

"Take me to Pleasure Town!" "Look, the most Glorious Rainbow Ever!" "Do me on it!" -

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Confirm.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Mod:
Setup is listed as having a Mafia Godfather instead of a Mafia Roleblocker at the beginning of post 2.
The first "your" of rule 4 should be "you."
And, most importantly, how long can a player be inactive before being prodded?
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by andrew94 »

/confirm
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:39 pm

Post by Hoopla »

So, are you going to let us start now? I haven't feasted in a long time. I'm thirsty for blood.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:13 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Speaking of which, why so suspicious of me already, Hoopla?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:19 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Do you prefer being mafia or town?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:28 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Mafia. It's on my wiki page FYI.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:43 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Alduskkel wrote:Mafia. It's on my wiki page FYI.
That's what I thought, I just wanted it in print.

I've developed a slight scum read on you based on your interest in the game so far, which has exceeded the standard confirmation post. You vetted the opening posts thoroughly, picking up on tiny typos and grammar errors, and seemed keen to engage in a pregame dialogue. Although this could just be your way, it proves you have invested a decent amount of time (compared to the average player) thinking about the game, which could be tied with your alignment.

Again, this is slight, but it is a good start. I've also picked up a meta-tell from one of the other confirmation posts too.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:48 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Actually it's probably because I'm on Christmas vacation (although that will end very soon for me), so I have more time on my hands and thus this game receives more time as well.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:55 pm

Post by andrew94 »

Hoopla wrote:
Alduskkel wrote:Mafia. It's on my wiki page FYI.
That's what I thought, I just wanted it in print.

I've developed a slight scum read on you based on your interest in the game so far, which has exceeded the standard confirmation post. You vetted the opening posts thoroughly, picking up on tiny typos and grammar errors, and seemed keen to engage in a pregame dialogue. Although this could just be your way, it proves you have invested a decent amount of time (compared to the average player) thinking about the game, which could be tied with your alignment.

Again, this is slight, but it is a good start. I've also picked up a meta-tell from one of the other confirmation posts too.
unfortunately you voted for aldusskkel before he even posted.
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:01 pm

Post by Hoopla »

andrew94 wrote:unfortunately you voted for aldusskkel before he even posted.
Alduskkel is always scum, so it's OK.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:04 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Last time I checked I've rolled Town 27 times.

So Hoopla, why the lie?

Return to “Completed Open Games”