Mafia 125: Khan's Game of Mafia (Game Over)

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2300 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 9:20 am

Post by RedCoyote »

PF 2295 wrote:you are not second suspect. You aren't any kind of suspect in my book.

If Star ain't dead scum then one of IAM or myself has to die and fonz should live

You need to take your heart out of the equation, PF. As much as you'd like it to be the case, Fonz is not cleared here (neither is username, for that matter, but that's a burden I'm willing to bear).

Although I don't know why I'm treating you both like townies. One of you deserves a gold star for your performance in the face of an inevitable loss here.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2301 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 9:22 am

Post by RedCoyote »

PokerFace wrote:Red why do you still suspect Fonz more than username seriously?

You keep comparing Fonz to username and yourself. Take Fonz out of the equation, man. He's gone. Period. He's not a factor. Town or scum, he's not going to be a factor in the end of this game.

You need to ask me why I suspect you over username, because that's the dilemma here.

Agh, stop talking to me, you slickster.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 9:25 am

Post by The Fonz »

PokerFace wrote:
you are not second suspect. You aren't any kind of suspect in my book.

If Star ain't dead scum then one of IAM or myself has to die and fonz should live

Look, it would be great if Red was inclined to trust me for any reason other than the fact he's about to shoot me, but he doesn't. C'est la vie. I'm still blocking you.

RC wrote:No, see, this is why I still think you're scum, you clever man. You're discounting your own block here. Yeah, the first night works. We could eliminate username, then it would be us three. After that, we could all agree to NL, which is fine and dandy, but then you still have your block. All you would have to do is block me and kill whoever you wanted. Therefore, we'd only be actually eliminating username as a suspect (as opposed to you + PF).

Except that, you know, why on Earth would we no-lynch there? You can eliminate the second of three by LYNCHING HIM tomorrow. The situation is exactly the same w/r/t me as it is with Username. If I'm scum, and I'm not, I'm shooting you tonight. If you were to shoot Iam tonight, then the situation tomorrow if there is a tomorrow is exactly the same as if you shoot me: Poker is scum. The question is, who do you think is more likely scum, username or me. Shoot that player. It's that simple. And I'm at peace with the idea that you think it's me, I'm just hoping Poker is pulling a great acting performance here and I've not fucked the town over. I still think that's the likely scenario.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 9:26 am

Post by PokerFace »

RedCoyote wrote:
PF 2295 wrote:you are not second suspect. You aren't any kind of suspect in my book.

You need to take your heart out of the equation, PF. As much as you'd like it to be the case, Fonz is not cleared here (neither is username, for that matter, but that's a burden I'm willing to bear).

Although I don't know why I'm treating you both like townies. One of you deserves a gold star for your performance in the face of an inevitable loss here.

i am not scum I am town and if star is town and Red shoots fonz, there won't be a tomorrow. Town will loose.

I think and hope star was last scum on the off chance she isn't i have to give everthing I got and can't give up so that town still wins

I still think fonz is town and therefore think its easier to say he is town more than say I am town. I don't care about what others think of me as town.

fine Red why do you think user is town and I am scum?

Don't say because of DGB's point system because he is worse there.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 9:33 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am not acting. If i was scum I'd loose tomorrow if you blocked me so if you don't trust me than go ahead and block me

I believe I said before fate scum mean IAM could be scum. Hey Red ask yourself this. Why might IAM want to find a case on me when he was already voting Fate yesterday? Because he didn't want to lynch Fate! Why did he not lynch spyreX with me and Korlash earlier in the game? Because he didn't want to kill his buddy! Why did he say chev was town day one and go back on him day 2? Because he is scum faking reads.

I still think star is scum but if she is not I will not garantee the town to death like Fonz by username staying alive
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 9:35 am

Post by PokerFace »

If you want me to make a case IAM is scum then I do it. He is worse on DGB's voting thing.

Look at how he treated cyber and CKD. Niether of us tried to lynch them so we are even there

Look how he treated Fate. I have said Fate is scum for a long as time and tried to get him/spyreX killed for the Xtoxm thing which was likly true

IAM is more likly scum than me
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 9:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

Hell both me and Fonz are toniwer than IAM. Very fact he tried to lie about his claim should make him less towny
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 9:51 am

Post by PokerFace »

RedCoyote wrote:

Although I don't know why I'm treating you both like townies
. One of you deserves a gold star for your performance in the face of an inevitable loss here.

thats cause we are both townies and I don't give a shit about any gold star. Kill username!
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 9:52 am

Post by The Fonz »

Meh, it's in RC's hands. I'm logging off now.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 9:57 am

Post by PokerFace »

^Fonz not care about gold star either. He is town. go ahead and block me if tthats what you want

Ask yourself 2 questions Red

1. If PokerFace is scum what would be the best thing for him to do so scum can win?

2. Is PokerFace doing that thing?

If the answer to number 2 is NO then kill username!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 8:21 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Surprised this is still up, but, Fonz, I think we have a good plan here. I spent some time thinking long and hard about it, and I've come to the conclusion that username's claim just makes zero sense as a fakeclaim. The only thing I could possibly think of is if he were some kind of scum Role Cop, but, even then, for him to blindly claim an investigative role, the one role type that our town just so happens to be lacking, is too much of a coincidence to be fake. One thing that especially makes it good to me is the fact that the Hider has no way to be investigative at all, as, ironically, PF pointed out for us. He literally cannot find scum. If we had any other investigative role at all in this town, I'd be much more open to seeing username's as a fakeclaim. Otherwise, why did he rule out Korlash, a townie? For all he knew, he could've been the Vig (meaning that the Vig wouldn't have had to claim yesterday, which is absolutely not want the scum wanted). All of this spells out that username just cannot logically be scum. There is too much going against it. This doesn't even touch on the whole "leaving out I'm an odd-night Cop" thing, which absolutely fits with username's meta and doesn't at all make sense for a scum to do. Why put excess pressure on yourself over something like that? It's just icing on the cake that Fate, a known scum, tried to beat him over the head with it. PF, you're good though, man. You still have me second guessing myself enough to even go back and research username's prior Cop meta (something I generally do not do). username is a very thoughtful person when it comes to PRs, and, it fits that he held off his claim and held back information. He was trying to give the town an advantage. The fact that Fate went to all the trouble to attack his claim would mean that either Fate and username are not on the same side or that this was something that was thoroughly planned out. If it was planned out, why would he give an innocent investigation to Korlash AND leave Fonz alive AND both of them call me town? That's just nonsensical.

Oh, and follow that icing with the cherry on the top because username was the one who, I thought, did the most to dissuade me from a Starbuck lynch! He reminded me that Starbuck and Fonz couldn't be scum together due to D1/D2 shenanigans. If he hadn't have done that, I'd have probably stayed on Starbuck the entire day (as opposed to pushing both PF and Starbuck, especially PF at the end). So, like, in other words, username effectively tells me not to lynch from a group of myself (of course), Korlash, Starbuck, or Fonz? That's not to say that any of these players would've been lynched, but that just doesn't make logical sense from a scum perspective. Especially not with a Vig and a RB running around!

All of this combined means that, in order for username to be scum, he'd have had to willingly wanted to make the game as hard on his team as possible. Even though I'm fairly convinced PF is the scum here, we are sticking with the plan. I care more about the win than I do being ballsy. I would gladly do the same thing if the shoe were on the other foot, Fonz. We've got this game.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 11:47 pm

Post by The Fonz »

As you wish.

If Iam turns up scum, I am never letting another liar off the hook, though.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 5:31 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Final Day 6 Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 3

"American stuntmen are smart - they think about safety. When they do a jump in a car, they calculate everything: the speed, the distance... But in Hong Kong, we don't know how to count. Everything we do is a guess. If you've got the guts, you do it. All of my stuntmen have gotten hurt."
- Jackie Chan

Starbuck
- 3 - The Fonz, iamausername, RedCoyote

Players not voting:
Starbuck, PokerFace

Notes/Prods
:
- Lynch Achieved!
- PokerFace will be V/LA June 2-6
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 5:33 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Starbuck looks forward to celebrating a new day of being alive. But then she's kidnapped and lynched before she even changed out of her PJs.

Starbuck
, a
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched on Day 6.

Night 6 begins now. Night ends in (expired on 2011-06-01 07:00:00)

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:32 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Sorry, really, really busy (Really!) at the moment. Will edit a proper game ending post into this spot..

But congrats to the Mafia team of iamausername, curiouskarmadog, Fate, & Cyberbob for winning Mafia 125.

Info/Details/Thoughts/Stuff later on..

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:41 am

Post by Regfan »

I only followed the later half of this game but I have to say, hats of to username and Fate their distancing was quite remarkable and they really did deserve this win.

RC I don't think you can blame yourself too much for the loss my play would have been similar to yours, I found Starbuck excessively scummy and anti-town and believed her lynch was very much needed though I'm not perfectly sure I agree with the Fonz suspicion you had.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:53 am

Post by Fate »

Congrats to IAM who truly deserved this win for all the effort put in

SOWWY RC ;_;

NOW WERE EVEN

(Oh wait not really cuz I HAD u as scum for awhile)
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:37 am

Post by Fate »

The fact that Fate went to all the trouble to attack his claim would mean that either Fate and username are not on the same side or that this was something that was thoroughly planned out

It wasn't.

I forgot to even POST in the scum QT once, and I literally had NO IDEA Iam had claimed cop until a few pages later when someone kept mentioning it.

I think the way we danced in thread was beautiful though.

<3 Iam the only scumbuddy who's lived longer than me and then won.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:46 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Really sorry I bailed. Was quite slow on the uptake, reads improved as the game went on, but again, sorry for the failz on my end.

GG scum, looked like a pretty darn good job.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:56 am

Post by Xalxe »

Bah! Go me!
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:15 am

Post by Fate »

Korlash was amazing AND funny

It was hard to be frustrated that he had me figured as scum so easily.

Course, I blame most of that because he had caught SPY not me, but his posts were still too damn fun to read.

Definitely Town MVP, ESPECIALLY since I also had this weird ass paranoia that Korlash was the vig trolling the scumteam by suspecting obvscum all game but NOT shooting him because "oh hohohoh no one would think IM the vig with Spy still alve"
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:30 am

Post by Starbuck »

I suspected Iam and was told that I was stupid for doing so by RC. Guess I wasn't so stupid huh?
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:35 am

Post by Regfan »

You also never attempted to put up a case against him.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

I will never understand why red thought Fonz was scummy. Lurky =/= scum and i think that was only reason Red could suspect him. iamusername probably could have done more scummy things and gotten away with it. His shifting gears to fate on second to last day wasn't needed. Be more agressive as scum username. Claim was descent though but uneeded. Have fun with your role but don't do unecessary things.

It was obvious early in the game vig was either Korlash, no case, Red. I thought it was Korlash until last day

Fate did most of the distancing work from username. My reads sucked this game for most part
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2324 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

also can DGB or someone who knows her well explain her voting numbers in terms of how it worked on cyber and username but totally was was wrong about me?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”