Uprising
Uprising
Goon
Uprising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by Uprising »

All right, so, here's my first post of the game. Sorry it took me so long, but I was out of town all day as I informed the mod.
Pine wrote: 7. Uprising Has not posted
Come on, people. Thread's been open all day.
Obviously, not everyone can be online constantly. I mean, I`m on a good portion of the time as the mod/a few players can attest, but sometimes other things come up. Sorry bud.
Amrun wrote:I feel uncomfortable with basing wagons on an on-going game. :/
I very much agree with this as, clearly, not all of us are in that game.
Occult wrote:My head hurts, I'm starting to think we have lynchers in the crowd.
I'm pretty sure that this is not the case. It feels more like a personality clash to me.
Cojin wrote:
Charlie wrote:
Amrun wrote:Charlie, why are you calling someone a lurker sso early?
Oh. You've read my self-note.
It serves as a reminder of my supported policy lynches. It is specific to this game (I do not generally support policy lynches: depends on lots of things e.g. game size)
I seems unnecessary to post your "self note" on the forum useless you are trying to guide public opinion a specific way while staying under the radar yourself. This is supported by you yourself stating how it is pretty much usless to do.
I very much agree with Cojin on this issue. It is unnecessary to leave yourself a note IN PUBLIC about who you support as a policy lynch this early into the game, or at all. If anything, a note like that should only be issued if and when you vote him.

What is with all this "sad turtle" business? Turtles are NEVER SAD! :D

I'm fairly certain time WILL speed up. It's logical to me.
C-Worl wrote:You all realize that the idea of Policy Lynching Jindori was talked about in the sign up thread by multiple players very openly and I was one of them.
This is just silly. Why on earth would anyone need to bring up policy lynching Jindori in the sign-up thread and then bother to bring it up here? I mean, maybe I'm wrong, but policy lynches being thought out before different teams have been established is silly. IE: The people advocating it in the sign up thread could easily have ended up with him on a scum team or something.
Fuzzy Beavers wrote: That said, I like how DTM told you all we were a hydra. He told me it would give you all the illusion that we were being pro town. I love how his scummy mind works =D.
This just doesn't even make sense to me. How on earth would that give the illusion of being protown?

At the moment, I'm not sure who scum is. I'm terrible at d1 analysis. FuzzyBeavers doesn't seem that town to me at the moment, but as I said, I'm not sure yet.

You happy?
You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
[21:37] <@Xyl> Uprising is the nicest person in the channel
http://webchat.globalgamers.net/ Channel: #mafia
Uprising
Uprising
Goon
Uprising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by Uprising »

Pine wrote:
Uprising wrote:
C-Worl wrote:You all realize that the idea of Policy Lynching Jindori was talked about in the sign up thread by multiple players very openly and I was one of them.
This is just silly. Why on earth would anyone need to bring up policy lynching Jindori in the sign-up thread and then bother to bring it up here? I mean, maybe I'm wrong, but policy lynches being thought out before different teams have been established is silly. IE: The people advocating it in the sign up thread could easily have ended up with him on a scum team or something.
Based on jindori's previous scum performance, I'd probably be even
more
eager to policy lynch if I got stuck with him on my team.
Okay, I was unaware of his performances previously.
Uprising
Uprising
Goon
Uprising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by Uprising »

vote: Fuzzy Beavers

This is my biggest scumread. Again, I`m not good at explaining my reasons when it is only d1.
Uprising
Uprising
Goon
Uprising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by Uprising »

Fuzzy Beavers wrote: @Uprising
1. I noticed that you went straight and commented on items only specific to the last page. I also notice a high level of appeal to emotion play (saying you suck without trying to do an attempt) while addressing only fluffy issues. You only comment on the posting style as a personality clash (which would mean that there are cases that are wrong but you're not talking about it), and talk about the time issue, and the hyperactivity. This is all information that's been stated by other players, and you are quoting and repeating them.

I'm not happy with this post. There's no alignment reads. It's all theory discussion, and filler.

2. You completely ignored the discussion between Pine and I about the whole "modkill issue" Really? That was like 3-4 pages of texts, references and arguments.
1. I've been busy as hell today and I'll do that tomorrow. I have not once said I suck, I just said in the beginning of the game, it is more difficult for me to obtain reads in which I am more than 75% certain.

2. I did not ignore it. I didn't feel as though it was a conversation that I personally needed to be part of. There's no reason for it being brought into this game.
Uprising
Uprising
Goon
Uprising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #4) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:41 pm

Post by Uprising »

Fuzzy Beavers wrote:Also that means you are 75 or greater percent certain that I am scum correct? When you do please elaborate on why. Or clarify if this is just your best scum read, - DTM
You're my best scum read. I am less than 75% sure that you are scum. It is unlikely for anyone to surpass 75% before d1 is over in my mind. I will give you reasons when I get up tomorrow unless it feels like a gutread.

I won't be as active as I'd hoped because my boyfriend still doesn't have his laptop back and is using mine.

Also, isn't the point of a hydra not to know which of the participants is talking and to discover by reading them?
Uprising
Uprising
Goon
Uprising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #5) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:37 am

Post by Uprising »

jindori, if you're going to write a summary, at least finish it. Terrible terrible. And extremely biased and not helpful at all.

vezokpiraka wrote:Pick on the guy who had his birthday party yesterday and make 11 pages.

Thank you. I am not reading those unless I see there is something important in them.
I really don't like how vezok isn't going to read the thread. Why even bother playing then? How can you see if there's something important if you don't read the thread?

@FuzzyBeavers: After a readthrough of your iso, I think I've changed my mind.
Fuzzy Beavers wrote:
I'm near on high on posting analysis from that game to show how the hostility is scum derived
What does this mean?

I find jindori's posts more and more difficult to read due to typos and "possibilitys" and misspellings in general. :(

unvote: FuzzyBeavers

For now, I'm not going to vote. I'm not sure who scum is, but my read last night was incorrect.

Also, @ Everyone I promise to try my hardest to not reveal my role without being asked this game. :D

I know this is old as all hell, but...
RICO ACT wrote:
Vote: Cojin

First post is usually excited about their role, which is more often than not mafia. And Why not, his custom title says he's mafia :cop:
Mafia Scum is not a custom title, is it? Or is this a joke?
Uprising
Uprising
Goon
Uprising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (isolation #6) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:05 pm

Post by Uprising »

Fuzzy Beavers wrote:
W
ELL, telling everyone that we are a hydra is the "pro town" thing to do because it cl
e
ars things up a bit.
ALSO, when
DTM
a
greed to stating which one of us was talking, his
r
eason was because it was also a "pro town" thing to do =D (by the way, some of thos
e
-DTM posts were me, which just shows how effective that
is
=3)
IF we look like we're helping, then we'll be labled as pro town, and people will be more willing to follow u
s
down the path of destru
c
tion.
I j
u
st love how DTM's strategy works, it makes this
evil
thing so
m
uch easier.

ON ANOTHER NOTE, I don't like how
DTM
makes me look like a terrible person in this game.
SURE I lurk, but my activity goes up in the mid-late game, or I just get
killed
at the start. D:
I'M NOT that bad of
a
player, I just base things on hunches.

ANYWAY, about the charlie wagon being mostly
scum
I KNOW it's mostly scum, so you should just jump on and get this day over with riiiiight? xD
I THINK all my
buddie
s will agree, ^_^ right guys?
Is there any reason you emphasized various words?

Lady, I am fairly intimidated by you. I very much appreciate your playstyle.

Part of me feels a good portion of this game is going to consist of bickering between the two halves of FuzzyBEAVERS.

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:DTM, can you request replacement, and then replace yourself with your DTM account?

In other words, play this game on your own?
She kinda ninja'd me in a way here.

Alright, one question about hydras: can the two halves talk to each other out of thread?
Uprising
Uprising
Goon
Uprising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:13 pm

Post by Uprising »

Fuzzy Beavers wrote:@LLD

MrSuave actually had this slot. For him to play this game Nikanor asked me to hydra because... you know "points to the new avatar". I agreed. :s.

-DTM.
You guys are not a troll, you're a bunch of fuzzy Canadian beavers (I don't like thinking about beavers as not being Canadian, especially since they're on our money).

My internet is very volatile right now and I do not know why. It works one minute and cuts out the next. It's a pain in the ass.

[Also apparently ass isn't a word according to the FireFox Canadian English dictionary. I'm sorry Nika!]
I stopped trusting the FireFox spell check the day it told me that cephalopod isn't a word. ~Nik
Last edited by Cuttlefish on Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uprising
Uprising
Goon
Uprising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #8) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by Uprising »

Fuzzy Beavers wrote:But in all honesty LL, you have to take a chill pill or something, because you're seriously raging. Learn to have a little fun. You know what, the first lynch and the first night gives so much information. And I personally play RL mafia, which is mostly hunches and manipulation, and by the look of how mad you are, you're pretty easy to influence. So, if you are infact a girl, stop PMSing, and learn to have some fun. Let down your hair or something, geez >>

But yeah, I like to get D-1 over with and go from there =3

@up: That's for you to figure out, and me to know =]
It's not nice to tell a girl to stop PMSing. 75% chance she isn't.

@the bit directed at me: I'm not a big fan of your bizarreness. VI? VI indeed. I'm positive it wasn't DTM posting like a weirdo.
Uprising
Uprising
Goon
Uprising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by Uprising »

Pine wrote:Neither Ladyλδ nor I are raging. My desire to get rid of you and jindori, Fluffy Muff, is based on survival.
Currently, you are both a massive detriment to the Town, and a drain on our time and patience. DTM, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt if you can rein in and control your other head.

This is a point that I feel should be stressed.

DTM, I have faith in you.
You can control him.
He really does seem to be as terrible as you said he was earlier, and it hurts a bit.

Now I'm going to have to figure out what on earth that post meant.
I feel it's a crumb, but I can't tell yet.
Uprising
Uprising
Goon
Uprising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by Uprising »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:We can all relax with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy0aEj85 ... re=related
I very much enjoy you.

I'll be off for an hour or two. When I come back, I will decide who is a better lynch and vote for them.
Uprising
Uprising
Goon
Uprising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (isolation #11) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:21 pm

Post by Uprising »

I'd prefer an occult lynch, tbh. This is a gut read, unfortunately.

jindori is not scum, as much as it seems some of you want him to be.

vote:occult
Uprising
Uprising
Goon
Uprising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:44 am

Post by Uprising »

My apologies for not posting more. My school is going back into session tomorrow after a month long strike and I am getting ready to go back today.
Uprising
Uprising
Goon
Uprising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (isolation #13) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:24 am

Post by Uprising »

PimHel wrote: @Uprising
Please tell me someone asked this, but why did you vote Fuzzy after mentioning you are bad at reading players during D1?
Add that I'd like to hear the reasons why your view of Fuzzy has changed.
No one asked me this. I said it was a gut read and I explained the vote in another post.

It changed because I realized exactly how conflicting the two halves of Fuzzy are. I realized that this isn't exactly scummy, because no two people will play identically, even as a hydra. Suave is just a... troll.
Uprising
Uprising
Goon
Uprising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (isolation #14) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by Uprising »

RICO ACT wrote:Got prodded. Family member died. Won't be at the hospital anymore.

I'll come on more tomorrow when I have the energy to go through all this. Just avoiding being replaced.
I'm very sorry for your loss.

I will post a lot more tomorrow. I'm so sorry, I'm having trouble keeping up with RL.
Uprising
Uprising
Goon
Uprising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (isolation #15) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:48 am

Post by Uprising »

SharkFinn wrote:
Amrun wrote:Ever going to answer MY question, SharkFinn?
Sorry, missed it. I typo'd and meant town -_-.
I wouldn't call that a typo.

SCUM and TOWN aren't that similar on a keyboard.

So...
I don't like vezok's claiming on d1. In fact, I don't like ANYONE'S claiming on D1.
Uprising
Uprising
Goon
Uprising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (isolation #16) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:41 am

Post by Uprising »

vezokpiraka wrote:@Uprising: You know me from IRC. Are there many times when I don't claim day 1?

Someone who played more games with should come here and defend me or something. I mean I really want to give out the stuff I have even if I don't know what it does.
IRC claiming is extremely different from forum claiming. Typically, though, the same rule applies: Don't claim until MC or until you are asked.

Least that's how I've been playing.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”