Mini 1160 - Cupcake Mafia! Cupcakes Baked to Perfection!

Le Cupcake
Le Cupcake
Goon
Le Cupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:12 pm

Post by Le Cupcake »

Role PMs:

GreyICE, C-Worl, Stephoscope, GhostWriter

Spoiler:

Welcome to Cupcake Mafia, XXX! You are a
Vanilla Cupcake
. In the land of cupcakes, you are definitely the most dominant flavor out there. Everybody loves you! Why, with all that love, you surely have some super sugary awesome power to rid the bakery of all who stand against cupcakes!

Well, you don't.

But you do have your voice, and thus the ability to talk and vote in the thread during the day. And at least being a Vanilla Cupcake sounds so much better than being a vanilla townie.

You win when all threats to the cupcakes have been eliminated.

Please confirm in thread: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 23&t=17319

Parama:

Spoiler:

Welcome to Cupcake Mafia, Parama! You are a
Blueberry Cupcake
, the
Town Mason 50% Tracker
. You were lovingly created along with your twin Kise, the Cherry Cupcake. The two of you were made by the same hands from the same batter, and dressed in identical wrappers. Only difference is, you were given the power of blueberries, allowing you to track somebody whenever the oven lights go out. Note, however, that the strength of two far exceeds the strength of an individual. By yourself, you have a 50% chance of successfully tracking a target. Working together and choosing the same target, however, guarantees a 100% success rate for the two of you.

Along with your abilities, you may talk and vote in the thread during the day.

Using your twin powers, you may discuss with Kise at anytime in the following QT:

Game Thread: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 23&t=17319

Kise:

Spoiler:

Welcome to Cupcake Mafia, Kise! You are a
Cherry Cupcake
, the
Town Mason 50% Watcher
. You were lovingly created along with your twin Parama, the Blueberry Cupcake. The two of you were made by the same hands from the same batter, and dressed in identical wrappers. Only difference is, you were given the power of cherries, allowing you to watch somebody whenever the oven lights go out. Note, however, that the strength of two far exceeds the strength of an individual. By yourself, you have a 50% chance of successfully watching a target. Working together and choosing the same target, however, guarantees a 100% success rate for the two of you.

Along with your abilities, you may talk and vote in the thread during the day.

Using your twin powers, you may communicate with Parama at anytime in the following QT:

Please confirm in thread: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 23&t=17319

UshiromiyaAnge:

Spoiler:

Welcome to Cupcake Mafia,
UshiromiyaAnge
! You are a
100% Whole Wheat Vegan Cupcake
, the
Town Miller
. You are incredibly "healthy", to the point of *gasp* bordering the so-called healthiness of the muffins! As such, if you are investigated, you will be mistaken as a muffin.

Even so, you are dedicated to the cause of the cupcakes. You have your voice, and as such, can talk and vote in the thread during the day.

Game Thread: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 23&t=17319

tclawren:

Spoiler:

tclawren
! You are a
Lemon Cupcake
, the
Town Cowardly Cupcake (Two-Shot Commuter)
. You are nice and lemony, but being self-conscious of your slightly sour taste, you prefer that attention not fall on you. As such, you are exceptionally good at blending into the background and avoiding attention in general. Twice during the game, you may escape off into your secret hiding spot when the oven is off, avoiding all actions taken on you during that phase.

Along with your ability, you may to talk and vote in the thread during the day.

Please confirm in game thread: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 19&start=0

Smargaret:

Spoiler:

Smargaret
! You are a
Mystery Cupcake
, the
Town-Aligned Jack-of-All-Trades
. You were the Gods’ most adventurous creation. Not even they were quite sure what they put into you. Despite this, you ended up being born with an array of interesting abilities. They are as follows:

Rubber Ducky
: Once during the game, you may launch a rubber duck at a target of your choice. If the ability is successful, the target shall die.

Fluffy Sheep
: Once during the game, you may launch a fluffy sheep at a target of your choice. If the ability is successful, the target shall be protected from a single kill during the night of activation.

Santa Hat
: Once during the game, you may stick a Santa hat over a target of your choice. If the ability is successful, the target shall be prevented from taking any actions during the night of activation.

Each of the above abilities may be used only once per game, a maximum of one per night. Along with these abilities, you may talk and vote in the thread during the day.

Fate:

Spoiler:

Fate
! You are a
Rainbow Chocolate Chip Cupcake
, the
Post-Restricted Town Bomb
. The only thing that differentiates you from normal vanilla cupcakes is your love of color. You may think you are super special awesome because of your colorful appearance, but in reality, you are just another vanilla cupcake. With colors. Well, not really. You are nearly identical to those vanilla cupcakes, having been made with the same batter. However, someone added a secret ingredient into you - chocolate chips. When you are killed, the chocolates within you will heat up and explode, taking down your attacker. Unfortunately, rope does not set off your chocolate chips.

Along with this ability, you may talk and vote in the thread during the day. However, due to your love of colors, each of your posts must be accompanied with colors. The following colors must be represented in each post: All of the shades of the rainbow (indigo is optional), and pink. Failure to do so will result in penalties, as Rainbow Chocolate Chip Cupcake really loves colors, and would be sad – possibly suicidal – without them.

Note: Your first two offenses will be excused, but each offense thereafter will result in penalties.

Vollkan:

Spoiler:

Vollkan
! You are a
Moldy Muffin
, the
Mafia Godfather
. You were lovingly made and baked, but somebody forgot you in favor of eating cupcakes and left you in the oven, letting the mold invade you. How humiliating! In your bitterness, you vow to destroy all those yummy cupcakes. Underneath all that mold, however, it is hard to tell what exactly you are. Thus, if you are investigated, you will show up as unidentifiable (no result).

Your fellow muffins are
VasudeVa
, the English Muffin, and
CupcakePanda
, the Burnt Muffin. At night, you and your fellow muffins may choose one of you to carry out a single kill. Your kill flavor is
"has gone bad”

You may plot here:

You win when at least one of your faction is alive, and either consist of the majority of the town or if nothing can prevent it otherwise.

CupcakePanda:

Spoiler:

CupcakePanda
! You are a
Burnt Muffin
, the
Mafia Ninja
. As a young, half-baked baby muffin, you were forgotten and left in the oven too long in favor of those blasted cupcakes. Well, now’s your chance to take revenge! Luckily, it appears that being mainly composed of charcoal has its advantages. Given your burnt appearance, you blend right in with the oven! As such, any action you perform can not be traced back to you.

Your fellow muffins are
Vollkan
, the English Muffin, and
VasudeVa
, the Moldy Muffin. At night, you and your fellow muffins may choose one of you to carry out a single kill. Your kill flavor is
"burnt”

You may plot here:

You win when at least one of your faction is alive, and either consist of the majority of the town or if nothing can prevent it otherwise.

VasudeVa:

Spoiler:

VasudeVa
! You are an
English Muffin
, the
Mafia Enabler
. To tell the truth, you are not even a real muffin, but that's just a minor technicality. You are distraught by the deviation from tradition- how did such a delectable treat become infested with sugar? Cupcakes? What a preposterous idea! Regardless, the English in you carries with it the royal blood of the English muffins. As such, upon your death, no pro-town actions will be able to take place the following night phase.

Your fellow muffins are
Vollkan
, the Moldy Muffin, and
CupcakePanda
, the Burnt Muffin. At night, you and your fellow muffins may choose one of you to carry out a single kill. Your kill flavor is
“drowned in tea”

You may plot here:

Role Distribution:

Bomb - 1 (Fate)
Mason Tracker - 9 (Parama)
Mason Watcher - 13 (Kise)
2-shot Commuter - 12 (tclawren)
JOAT - 3 (Smargeret)
Miller - 11 (LLD/UK)
4x VT - GI, GW, Stepho, chesskid

Mafia Godfather - 6 (Vollkan)
Mafia Ninja - 4 (Panda)
Mafia Enabler - 9 (VV)

Night Actions:

smargaret launches a rubber ducky at Vollkan
Kise watches Fate
Parama tracks Fate
Vollkan sends VV to kill Fate
Last edited by Le Cupcake on Fri May 13, 2011 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cupcake Mafia II has been delayed due to multiple instances of multiple computers spontaneously combusting...-_-
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by UncertainKitten »

...what the fuck? No, seriosly, How the fuck was that allowed to happen, Katsuki?

Though, kudos to Fate for having at least 2 out of 3 of the scumteam. I'm not sure if you had VasudeVa (but I think you might have).
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Le Cupcake
Le Cupcake
Goon
Le Cupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:16 pm

Post by Le Cupcake »

Mod Thoughts: This setup had the potential to give the town a ton of grief, but well, EVERYTHING went against the mafia's way, so. We (the mod and reviewers) were all worried about the potential for town to get completely screwed over, but glad that didn't happen. The post restriction was added to make the bomb more lynchable, as it was the town's main counter to the lack of information the town would've had. I do think the game was fairly balanced, though obviously with the potential to be really swingy. I would've liked to see some of the roles play out, but alas. Was interested to see how town would deal with everything that was in this setup. Guess you guys will have to wait for my next game to see. :D
Last edited by Le Cupcake on Thu May 12, 2011 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cupcake Mafia II has been delayed due to multiple instances of multiple computers spontaneously combusting...-_-
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:17 pm

Ah, read the roles. Good shot Smarg! I'm really impressed with that.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Le Cupcake
Le Cupcake
Goon
Le Cupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by Le Cupcake »

UncertainKitten wrote:...what the fuck? No, seriosly, How the fuck was that allowed to happen, Katsuki?

Though, kudos to Fate for having at least 2 out of 3 of the scumteam. I'm not sure if you had VasudeVa (but I think you might have).

I don't think any of us took the game ending in one day into account lol. We were all worried about how the town might be screwed over. The modification of the one-shot vig into a JOAT, and nerf of the original planned role for the Enabler were a reflection of that. I would never have imagined the mafia letting the ninja go down when they had a role like the enabler, but...

The mafia got incredibly outplayed though. This outcome kind of illustrates the game pretty well ironically...
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:19 pm

Post by vollkan »

What is this I don't even...
Le Cupcake
Le Cupcake
Goon
Le Cupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:21 pm

Post by Le Cupcake »

vollkan wrote:What is this I don't even...

You guys managed to fuck up in every way possible. = =

This outcome was probably the last thing I would've expected.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:24 pm

Well, I dunno if the mafia got outplayed, per se. There are only a few people I can really attribute this win to, and I'm unsure if LLD and I can be placed among them, though I'd argue we at least did our part of being obvious enough town so people didn't waste time with us.

Fate certainly showed his mettle this game far more than I've seen elsewhere. It reminds me why I tend to respect his opinion (when he's not FIGHTING WITH ME >=[!) Smarg was certainly a surprise as well, though I can't say I was a fan of her dayplay. Either way, it was middle of the road enough to give her the use of her powers. I guess Kise and C-Worl did well to follow you, at least. I'm still unimpressed with either of them, though less impressed with C-Worl. Anyway, Parama's apathy act honestly was pretty damn useless and kind of a liability. That's not how potentially confirmable town should act at all. GW, Steph, and tclawren were pretty much less than useless, but at least GW posted enough to get a town read on him. And finally...GI...um...better luck next time I guess?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:25 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Well I got 1/3. Wow. :(

Ugh. Sorry Fate. I read you as trying not to get lynched and not worrying about night kills. When in fact you were trying to get night killed. Oops.

And Fate had VaVa as scum, that's 3/3.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:27 pm

EBWOP: Did well to follow Fate. And smarg did well not getting lynched. I told LLD I leaned town on you but she wanted to interrogate and I figured it'd be interesting.

@GI: Ah, thanks for clarifying. VV was honestly on my town list, but had I reread him I think I would have taken a lot of issue with his refusal to have suspects outside of Fate. That was really cagey and bad.

Vollkan I had as bad but not necessarily scum. He felt like the kind of person who was struggling with playstyles antithetical to his own, so good on him playing that up I guess? Fate still saw through it though.

Anyway, it's probably best it ended this way because LLD and I were going to gun for you SO HARD D2, GI.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Le Cupcake
Le Cupcake
Goon
Le Cupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:28 pm

Post by Le Cupcake »

I know the masons got a kick out of being scummy masons.

QT releases are up to the discretion of the respective factions.

I hope you guys enjoyed playing! Stay tuned for the next episode
(and I promise such endings will not be a possibility next time round)

Any feedback would be appreciated.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by GreyICE »

UncertainKitten wrote:Anyway, it's probably best it ended this way because LLD and I were going to gun for you SO HARD D2, GI.

Really? 'cause Vollkan's bussing with Toog was so transparent on reread that it hurts.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:31 pm

Odds are we'd have started gunning for you, been forced to reread, and then noticed the connections. It probably would have been a rehash of Fate D1 on you :V.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by C-Worl »

GreyICE wrote:Well I got 1/3. Wow. :(

Ugh. Sorry Fate. I read you as trying not to get lynched and not worrying about night kills. When in fact you were trying to get night killed. Oops.

And Fate had VaVa as scum, that's 3/3.

This is why I sheep Fate instead of you. Don't worry one day you'll get better.
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:32 pm

Post by Fate »

LOL DID SCUM FUCKIN LOSE ALREADY?

LOLOLOL
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:32 pm

Post by Fate »

A
CHAHCHAC
AHC
AHC
AHCA
HCHA

CHCHA

A

CHAHCA
CHA
HCAHCHACHA
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:33 pm

Post by C-Worl »

Le Cupcake wrote:
Night Actions:

smargaret launches a rubber ducky at Vollkan
Kise watches Fate
Parama watches Fate
Vollkan sends VV to kill Fate

@MOD: You forgot about my Night Action.

Your's was not revealed. :P
Last edited by Le Cupcake on Thu May 12, 2011 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:33 pm

I still maintain tclawren was scum, btw. Just sayan :P.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by vollkan »

UK wrote:
Vollkan I had as bad but not necessarily scum. He felt like the kind of person who was struggling with playstyles antithetical to his own, so good on him playing that up I guess? Fate still saw through it though.

This point is interesting.

I decided that the best thing I could do amid the playstyles we had was to lay low, in the hope that Fate got angry enough at somebody that I'd be spared. But I also geniunely couldn't think of a thing to post, which meant that when I did try to redeem myself later on, I guess it looked desperate.

In hindsight, I think that if I was town, I would have done a lot more grumbling at Fate and co then I did here, because then it would have genuinely pissed me off that people were playing that way, rather than it just being an inconvenience. However, I am also quite sure I would have been similarly "fence-sitting" even if I was town (just a grumpy fence-sitter)

GreyICE wrote:
Really? 'cause Vollkan's bussing with Toog was so transparent on reread that it hurts.

Yeah :( I was panicked by the fact that I literally had NOTHING else that I felt I could naturally comment on
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:36 pm

To be fair, I think the worst thing you did was trying to let Fate and GI kill each other, in retrospect. I probably should have pressed you more on that. Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but out of the people known for the...ah...louder playstyle that you seemed to dislike, you were more willing to play ball with me/LLD. That's the impression I got anyway. You being scum probably colored that.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:37 pm

Post by Fate »

THOSE NIGHT ACTIONS WERE BEAUTIFUL

SCUM WERE DEAD WHETHER I LIVED OR DIED

<3

YOU

ALL.

GG TOWN.

GG.

GREYICE I HOPE THIS LARGE DOSE OF HUMBLE PUT YOU IN YOUR FUCKIN PLACE.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:38 pm

Hmm? I'm surprised you aren't telling me to be humble, Fate :P.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:39 pm

EBWOP: Oh! Incidentally, RIGHT before you declared your reread, Fate, I was about to say I thought you were town because you were acting like I do in the heat of the moment. I was going to ask you to step back, reread the game, and see what you concluded, and then just ignore you from there until you reread. I feel at least slightly awesome for correctly identifying the motivation, even if I didn't get a chance to post such.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Le Cupcake
Le Cupcake
Goon
Le Cupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:40 pm

Post by Le Cupcake »

I was thoroughly amused by all the loud town voices in this game. Was very curious to see how Vollkan would deal with it. :P

VV would have been replaced by Juls had he survived, but then I looked and saw vollkan sending VV for the kill. T^T
Leiskyrie
Leiskyrie
Goon
Leiskyrie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:40 pm

Post by Leiskyrie »

Me and Kat were so worried about town when we drew the scumteam...

We never expected it to end so quickly
~Not quite so fluffy~
Cupcake Mafia II coming soon! Are you cupcakes ready...?
-> postponed indefinitely, but is still in the works

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”