Mafia Goon
(Lynched D1)
9. Secret Project
Vanilla Townie
(Killed N1)
11. Alduskkel
Mafia Roleblocker
(Lynched D2)

Confirmed players will be marked in bold.

Replacements:
PM the mod if you wish to be a replacement!

Rules are below, please read them as they contain important information and a few of my rules may be slightly different from other moderators you've seen on site.

Greetings, everyone. I am Substrike22, and I will be your moderator for the next few months. As this is a mini normal game, there will be minimal flavor, and any flavor will be "vanilla" and will not contain any relevant game information. ANY flavor included is included purely by the fact that I am a creative writer and occasionally like to find creative ways to tell stories. A game of mafia, underneath it all, is a story unfolding. Therefore I may stage a game in given setting, but this setting will not have any impact on the game itself, other than providing imagry and a plot for you to enjoy.

Below are my rules.
Rules:
1. Rule one of mafia. You don't talk about mafia.
2. No land wars in Russia.

Real rules:
(Copied and edited from Reckamonic, with their permission. Original set of rules belonged to Vi.)

1)
Starting and Ending States:
The game starts during the Day. All roles that can communicate at Night may do during pregame, but not during the day, unless otherwise specified in your role PM. (If this is a normal game, there will be no day quicktopic. Period.) The game will end when one faction has fulfilled its win condition, unless otherwise specified.
2)
Day Procedures:
Each player may discuss the game and cast a single vote at a time against people they want to lynch. Day ends when either the deadline hits or a strict majority of the votes are on one person.
3)
Voting:
Votes should be in
bold
AND AT THE START OF A NEW LINE in order for them to count, for instance:

Vote: Substrike22

If you wish to vote for a different player, it helps the mod if you unvote, but is is not required. As long as I can tell who you're voting for, I don't care if you abbreviate someone's name when you vote them.
4)
No Lynch:
As an alternative to voting for someone, you may
Vote: No Lynch
, but for it to take effect, enough players must vote No Lynch that it would be impossible to form any other majority.
5)
Deadlines:
Deadline will be 3 weeks.
6)
Mass Inactivity:
I may shorten the deadline if I deem the activity level is unsatisfactory. You will be warned if I want you fellows to pick up the pace.
7)
Deadline Lynches:
If no single player has enough votes for a lynch at the deadline, the result is
No Lynch
and the game proceeds to Night. Deadlines are there for a reason.

8)
Twilight:
After someone receives the majority vote, everyone may still discuss the game, but votes and unvotes will not be considered - the person voted for by the majority will be lynched regardless. Twilight will last until we waltz in and post a death scene.

9)
Night Length and Procedures:
The topic will be locked at Night. If your Role PM specifies that you have a Night Action, you may follow the instructions on that PM to use it. Barring extenuating circumstances, Nights will not last longer than 72 hours, but will not be shorter than 48.
10)
Night Action Resubmission:
If you have to PM a choice to the mods (i.e. the name of someone you want to kill/protect/investigate), you may change your choice at any time during the Night by sending the mod another PM with the new choice. The most recent choice will be honored. Note, if you change your mind, your place "in line" for rule 11 is also reset.
11)
Role Overlap Policy:
In the event of overlapping and/or contradictory Night Actions (i.e. a mutual roleblock), priority is given to whoever PMs the mods with the action first. However, if two kills are submitted on the same target, the most damaging death will be the one displayed (You can slit someone's throat first, but if he got blown to smithereens no one will care about his throat...). Finally, if two vote modifying actions affect you, the lower amount takes priority.
If this is a non-theme game, note that the flavor involved with a death doesn't actually matter, and therefore I will defer to the order in which the kills are submitted, not the death that is "most damaging."

12)
Bolding Stuff:
Bolding something is how you get the mod to notice it. It's that simple. I will not read text that is not bolded.
13)
Mod Color:
If the mod needs to edit your post, it will be done in
blue,
italicized and bolded. Don't impersonate me. This is modkillable.
14)
Activity, Prods, and Replacements:
You will be prodded if three days have passed since your last post. You will be replaced if you do not post after another two days, or if you need to be prodded three times throughout the game. If you know ahead of time that you will not be able to participate for at least 48 hours, go ahead and announce it in-thread so nobody (such as
the mod
) thinks you're lurking. We reserve the right to blacklist flakers or people who maliciously replace out.
15)
"Last Words" for replacements:
If you request replacement, you may PM me a message that you would like to have passed on to the person who replaces you.
16)
"Bah!" Posts:
If your player slot is killed off, it's probably because people don't want you around. Unless your role specifically states you can keep talking/voting/play parcheesi with us, you are allowed one informationless "bah" post and then scram til endgame. Special mechanics can of course overlap.
17)
Outside Discussion:
Don't discuss this game outside of this thread with anyone unless your Role PM lets you do otherwise.
18)
Post Edition:
Editing or deleting posts is not allowed (and usually not possible). Doublepost with your changes instead.
19)
Mod and PM quoting:
You may not, at any time, quote your role PM. If you do, you will be modkilled, and your faction will be significantly penalized. If, at any point, a quicktopic is shared, everyone in that quicktopic will be modkilled to preserve the integrity of the game. This includes Masons, Mafia Members, or other factions. This means that if, for any reason (accidental or malicious), a Mafia quicktopic is posted, the Mafia will be modkilled and lose the game.
20)
Modkills:
Breaking any of the above three rules (or flagrantly violating Rule 16) will result in you getting modkilled. Modkills can be retroactive. If a living player breaks any of these rules, the day may or may not end, depending on what would disadvantage that player's faction the most. A dead player breaking any of these rules will result in someone from the same faction getting modkilled. In addition, getting modkilled results in an instant loss for that player, along with my general hatred. In short, follow the rules. I will keep a blacklist.

21)
Win Mentality:
Play to win. Failure to do so will result in rule 20 being used.
22)
Policy:
Have fun. Or else. And remember, it's a game - keep it classy and don't take things personally; everyone's doing what they have to to win.
Last edited by Substrike22 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:18 pm, edited 28 times in total.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Sample VT Role PM:

Vanilla Townie Role PM

Welcome ___________, to Mafia Mini ####. You are a
Vanilla Townie!
You have your logic, voice, and vote, but no other special abilities! You will win if all threats to the town are eliminated. Please confirm in thread, once I've unlocked it! Good luck!

Thread:

PM's are out. Game will start when 11/13 players have confirmed in thread! Good luck!

Also, for any hydras other than the 2 I'm currently aware of, please PM me with your quicktopic and names of your 2 heads. I will not reveal the heads, that is your decision, I just need to know for moderation purposes. Thank you :)
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

/confirm.
Vote: Secret Project.
Secrecy is scummy, duh.

*waves at Alduskkel and TWIE*

@Mod
: Which accounts are the hydras? I don't necessarily need to know who the heads are, but I think letting all the players know which accounts are hydras is fair.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 6:58 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Also, some RQS questions (mostly for my own personal benefit to reference if need be):

What time zone are you in?

How much experience do you have playing mafia (either on or off-site)?

About how active are you usually in a game?

RVS or RQS? Why?

I'm usually on Pacific Daylight Time (GMT-8 +1)

I have about ten games completed @MS. Alduskkel actually modded my first newbie game here. Hopefully I've improved since then....

I'm pretty active. I'll do my best to post every day.

I think both RVS and RQS have their uses, hence why I am using both.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 7:01 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

2 hydras that I'm aware of are WormyKrew and Secret Project. Again, the decision to name their heads will remain theirs.

If there are any other Hydras they need to PM me and I will add them to my list, if I find out a hydra has not informed me of their hydra status I will modkill them and blacklist them from future games.

also,
@Yoshi
Your vote will not count for the first count as Day 1 has not yet begun, just for the record. :)
earworm
earworm
Goon
earworm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 7:02 pm

Post by earworm »

So hi, I'm one of the heads of the public hydra WormyKrew. We consist of myself and SleepyKrew. The account has yet to be activated, so until then Substrike has been very gracious to let us post on my account.

/confirm
Overall:1-2-0
Town:0-1-0
Scum:1-1-0
Other:0-0-0
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 7:03 pm

Post by jilynne1991 »

What are Hydras?
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Lost thirteen games as town.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 7:06 pm

Post by monk »

/confirm
VOTE: DarthYoshi Dinosaur sith are not a thing

PEdit:
AEST utc+10
I have completed three games on another site and this is my fourth on this site, none have been completed
I am incredibly active mostly I try to weigh in on most discussions
I have only played RVS
Modding:
Village 13 is now in Day 4, 1 replacement needed
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 7:07 pm

Post by monk »

oh derp
Modding:
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 7:09 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Thanks, Substrike and earworm.

@Jilynne: A hydra is an account operated by two or more players in a single playerslot.

@Monk: Why did you RVS vote me after the mod said that votes won't count until D1 officially starts?
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 7:09 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Hi guys, other part of WormyKrew here. This will be my only post in this topic. I just want to make sure this gets in "view your topics" thing. I'll answer the questions and then I'm off. All other posts will either be through ear or the hydra account itself (once activated).

I personally am in CST.
A few games off-site, and a couple ongoing games on site.
Very active.
Very

I honestly don't have enough experience to favor one.
To be clear: quack
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 7:10 pm

Post by jilynne1991 »

DarthYoshi wrote:Also, some RQS questions (mostly for my own personal benefit to reference if need be):

What time zone are you in?

How much experience do you have playing mafia (either on or off-site)?

About how active are you usually in a game?

RVS or RQS? Why?

Sorry, I'm kind of a noob, but I'll respond to all questions with the best of my ability.

1) I have no clue what timezone, but I live in California, and some people have told me it's GMT-7. Out of curiosity why would you say GMT-8+1, wouldn't it be easier to put GMT-7?

2) I haven't played any games IRL yet, but I plan to, and I'm currently in 6 games, but I haven't finished any yet.

3) I'm very active, you can probably see me posting 3x a day as long as everyone else is participating too. Sorry, being a teenager means being hyperactive and having way too much time to waste.

4) Well, I'm assuming RQS is Random Question Stage. I prefer RQS, because I can get more information. I dislike RVS, because it's too easy to kill a person too early. Oh, and I've only played with RVS, but I dislike it.
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 7:13 pm

Post by monk »

DarthYoshi wrote:@Monk: Why did you RVS vote me after the mod said that votes won't count until D1 officially starts?

I didn't catch it in my preview edit, I had started my post as soon as I saw yours and then saw your rqs and answered by the time I finished the mod's post was up but I didn't look at it hence my "oh derp"
Modding:
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 7:14 pm

Post by jilynne1991 »

monk wrote:
PEdit:
AEST utc+10
I have completed three games on another site and this is my fourth on this site, none have been completed
I am incredibly active mostly I try to weigh in on most discussions
I have only played RVS

You guys can expect me to ask tons of questions. I'm not nesecarily challenging anyone, but more like trying to learn and understand.

1) what's PEdit?

2) What's AEST?

3) What's derp?

Oh, and I'm loving how active you guys r, I hate having to wait for someone to posot before posting again to not seem obnoxious.
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 7:19 pm

Post by monk »

PEdit = Preview Edit, basically when you see a new post as you are replying when either you try to submit or when you decide to look at the preview of your post.
AEST = Australian Eastern Standard Time
derp is an expression of whoops that was dumb (of me or someone else)
Modding:
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 7:21 pm

Post by jilynne1991 »

/confirm
Sorry, meant to confirm on my first post.
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 7:23 pm

Post by jilynne1991 »

Thanks, tell me if any of you guys decide you're tired/annoyed at my questions, since I seem to get that alot.
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
earworm
earworm
Goon
earworm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 7:28 pm

Post by earworm »

This head is EST (so yeah, bedtime)
I have more of real life mafia background, with a smattering of IRC and Forum mafia thrown in.
Usually pretty active. Not as much as SK though.
I have not seen a RQ that I liked, so I prefer RVs
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 7:30 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

Hola.

/confirm

*Wave back*

Mountain Time... plus whatever daylight savings does.... I don't keep track.

2 completed, this one makes 3 ongoing.

Pretty active I'd say. I'll try to post at least once a day.

RVS. Votes are info.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 7:33 pm

Post by jilynne1991 »

earworm wrote:This head is EST (so yeah, bedtime)
I have more of real life mafia background, with a smattering of IRC and Forum mafia thrown in.
Usually pretty active. Not as much as SK though.
I have not seen a RQ that I liked, so I prefer RVs

What is IRC?

P.S. You guys will probably find me making multiple posts for responsed to multiple quotes, since I'm too noobish to know a fast way to compile multiple quotes without copying, pasting, and saving drafts back and forth.
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 7:34 pm

Post by jilynne1991 »

TheWayItEnds wrote:Hola.

/confirm

*Wave back*

Mountain Time... plus whatever daylight savings does.... I don't keep track.

2 completed, this one makes 3 ongoing.

Pretty active I'd say. I'll try to post at least once a day.

RVS. Votes are info.

I'm not trying to be too attack-ish, but are you saying for RQS, the questions aren't info?
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 7:37 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

What information related to the game have we gained from knowing timezones, games completed, and projected activity level?
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 7:46 pm

Post by jilynne1991 »

Well, we know when we can expect people to be on, how much experience they have, and based on their activity level, are they lurking or not, or are they supposed to be reply or are they hiding. Wait you were directing that question towards me, right?
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
earworm
earworm
Goon
earworm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 7:47 pm

Post by earworm »

jilynne1991 wrote:What is IRC?

relevant
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 7:50 pm

Post by jilynne1991 »

What, wait, that's sarcasm right? Since, that doesn't seem very relevant to mafia.
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”