Swiftstrike
Swiftstrike
Goon
Swiftstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:36 am

Post by Swiftstrike »

bristep123 wrote:I suppose if Rikana and Swift are scum together then they wouldn't want explain their votes.

PeregrineV wrote:
2. I suppose, but days into the game when people read back and see the votes, they might not see the context, in which case it looks scummy.

Oh it's going to be one of *those* games. Joy of Joys.

Because it's his birthday,
UNVOTE Vote Swiftstrike
. Voting me in RVS, then conveniently jumping back on when someone else does without either person giving a reason.

The empty unexplained vote causing you a bit of trouble there Bristep, first we see Peregrine coming in to ask why you had a empty vote on you having not questioned your opening post which had an empty vote in or Empking empty vote on JAMFTW or Rikana early empty vote. So why the sudden switch in questioning an empty vote, so I added another empty vote to see what happens and low and behold it gets questioned. And now you need to give two reasons to vote me as to not have your vote be accused of being empty this time I'm guessing.
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:39 am

Post by bristep123 »

lol no. I'm just kicking up some dust is all. I've used the empty vote tactic myself, it's patchy at best especially this early on. And I only gave 1 reason, in 2 parts. OMG MISREP SCUM!!
Swiftstrike
Swiftstrike
Goon
Swiftstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:46 am

Post by Swiftstrike »

I know, I nicked the idea from the double scum game. I suppose it's a little bit lazyitis to be using it and just see what happened with it.
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:59 am

Post by bristep123 »

It's good to use in addition to previous reads, but I've found that you generally have to accept that you'll pick up around a 50% success rate and you then have to try and work out which 50% it is!
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:01 am

Post by SomeRandomGuy »

Swiftstrike wrote:
SomeRandomGuy wrote:lol used the 2 different tags.. VOTE: empking

Chris?

Aye tis me, was it the auron avatar that gave it away or my buggering up of the vote tags? I hope it's the former, the latter only points to me being identifyable through my idiocy which actually hurts my feelings a wee bit :( :p Oh and happy birthday dear boy, i'd be all cliche and give you the gift of a vote but i think it's already been done :(
Town: 2-1
-=-
Scum 1-1

Alive in: 0
Dead in: 0 : Ongoing game
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:05 am

Post by bristep123 »

Stone? My 2nd favourite wrestler who likes men! I thought Swift was making a joke referring to ChrisB's first game here where he used the wrong tags.
Swiftstrike
Swiftstrike
Goon
Swiftstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:08 am

Post by Swiftstrike »

Hi There Chris, it was the avatar that gave it away and even then I wasn't sure as you changed it recently anyway. As for a vote gift, no thanks you, the only gift I'm waiting for right now is a new episode of ZTLIS.
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:11 am

Post by bristep123 »

Cool story bro
Swiftstrike
Swiftstrike
Goon
Swiftstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:13 am

Post by Swiftstrike »

Certainly it sounds like one.

anyway back to a cooler vote
Unvote Vote JAMFTW

I would like to see some reasoning behind the matching tone of the first post there.
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:23 am

Post by bristep123 »

Take care. Style your hair.

unvote vote BeautyUndead
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:26 am

Post by SomeRandomGuy »

bristep123 wrote:Stone? My 2nd favourite wrestler who likes men! I thought Swift was making a joke referring to ChrisB's first game here where he used the wrong tags.

It's quite a small group, i'm not sure whether being 2nd favourite is a compliment or not, though i guess so long as Orlando Jordan isn't number 1 i'm not too fussed :), but aye chris stone indeed.

Don't know how you guys feel about RQS but i kind of like it, if only to get a feel for how people formulate answers and of course getting to know people here just a tad better.

1) How many games of Mafia have you played?
2) Do you prefer to play as scum or town?

I feel a bit lonely only knowing 2 other players here :)

1) I think i've played around 4 or 5 mostly being on another site only one (ongoing game) here.
2) I like playing town, working out power roles has never been as fun to me as scouting for the bad guys, though a game i recently played (and was scum) with 2 scum teams and a member of each scum team and 1 member of town being in an inner council was great too, i had the extremely dangerous to me town IC member to try and find... Shame that the same night i killed him the other mafia team thought they'd pop me off to help their faction and the IC :)
Town: 2-1
-=-
Scum 1-1

Alive in: 0
Dead in: 0 : Ongoing game
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:34 am

Post by bristep123 »

No, number 1 is a friend of mine. OJ would be way down the list, below Pat Patterson but above Brawler.

I've played 10-20 games (closer to 10 I think but I cba working it out just now)
Only completed 3 games as scum so far, won 2 and lost 1. I don't mind playing as either, although I'm looking forward to being a third party role some time.
Swiftstrike
Swiftstrike
Goon
Swiftstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:44 am

Post by Swiftstrike »

SomeRandomGuy wrote:

1) This is pretty much all in my Wiki for anyone to check, but there is the 9 games offsite and 2 completed games onsite and 1 onsite that is probably considered completed but I'm not 100% sure so won't reference yet.
2)Hard question, I have had a run of scum games before this so did get use to playing scum and being aware of what was going on behind the scenes, but I prefer the puzzle solving of trying to work out who is mafia, Probably in the end have to go for option 3 as the game I was serial killer was my favourite alignment as I got to scum hunt and play behind the curtain. So it was the most fun to play (didn't hurt I won that game)
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:51 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

Note to all players: As this is the 4th of July weekend coming up, I am going to be relaxed on Prods even if you are not American. Have a good one!

Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
Rikana
Rikana
Goon
Rikana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:57 am

Post by Rikana »

bristep fails to comment on the vote, even after calling me out to comment on the vote.

not amused.
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by bristep123 »

Rikana wrote:bristep fails to comment on the vote, even after calling me out to comment on the vote.

not amused.

Yes you do seem the type. You voted for me because my vote on mal was 'dumb'. Good for you. That's about the only comment needed right now.
Rikana
Rikana
Goon
Rikana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:11 pm

Post by Rikana »

I never called it dumb.

I'm telling that there's nothing that leads toward Mal scum.

The vote doesn't make sense.
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by bristep123 »

I at no point said he was scum, I merely voted for him. Sometimes votes can be used to gain a reaction. Yours was

"There's absolutely nothing that Malpascp did that is deserving of a vote. This is a total vengeance kill, and it's not particularly townie. Not to mention, let this sift through your mind. "Let me make him aware of the difference".".

Now, your totally inappropriate use of the term vengeance aside this was a complete over reaction based on what? Protection of a buddy? Painting townies as scummy? Lets also not ignore that you ignore the other votes for mal which must have equally untownie since 'nothing he did was worthy of a vote' apparently. Is that comment enough for you now?

Or will I point out how saying that my vote was the 'worst ever' kinda is tantamount to calling it dumb.
BeautyUndead
BeautyUndead
Townie
BeautyUndead
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by BeautyUndead »

Poo, I've been caught. Sorry guys, I tend to lurk until I have something meaningful to contribute.

But anyway:

Bristep votes malp because "malpascp votes then unvotes Emp because 'he didn't want him at L-1'. His vote would only have put him L-2, not L-1. Let me make him aware of the difference."

Rikana jumps in and says that malp has done nothing scummy, and says that this is a vengeance kill(?) Unless I'm missing something, there is no 'vengeance' in his vote. And apparently is is the WORST VOTE EVER (all caps necessary).

Not gonna lie, Rikana, your defense of malp makes me suspicious. Rikana, do you really see none of malp's actions as scummy? If so, why did you not respond to mine and others votes of malp in the same way?

FoS Rikana
Rikana
Rikana
Goon
Rikana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by Rikana »

bristep123 wrote:I at no point said he was scum, I merely voted for him. Sometimes votes can be used to gain a reaction. Yours was

"There's absolutely nothing that Malpascp did that is deserving of a vote. This is a total vengeance kill, and it's not particularly townie. Not to mention, let this sift through your mind. "Let me make him aware of the difference".".

Now, your totally inappropriate use of the term vengeance aside this was a complete over reaction based on what? Protection of a buddy? Painting townies as scummy? Lets also not ignore that you ignore the other votes for mal which must have equally untownie since 'nothing he did was worthy of a vote' apparently. Is that comment enough for you now?

Or will I point out how saying that my vote was the 'worst ever' kinda is tantamount to calling it dumb.
Translated: I'm going to bullshit about my vote to make you look scummy.

Malp is easy mislynch material.

Bristep wrote:Let me make him aware of the difference.
Translated: See, there's nothing scummy here just something I'm pointing out. But I'm going to vote you anyway, because that looks weirddddddd.

So, no. I would not say it was protection of a buddy, I say that your vote is shit.

The other votes for mal are fine. I can understand why they're there, but yours don't look like them at all. So while Mal is still a townie, I can see why his actions are scummy to other people. To me? They're fine.

Also, here's the best part that I will dedicate a section to for itself.

Bristep wrote:I at no point said he was scum, I merely voted for him. Sometimes votes can be used to gain a reaction.

So you gave reasoning for what reason?

If you don't think he's scum for unvoting at L-1, that means he must be town right?

So why did it take you so long to unvote?

Along with that, why would you go for a reaction on the person that had one of the largest wagons in the game?

Wouldn't it have been better to go with someone that had less votes or was more inactive, as you point out in your next post(? Maybe it was a few more down the line, doesn't matter) for two other players to become more active.

diescum.

bristep wrote:Or will I point out how saying that my vote was the 'worst ever' kinda is tantamount to calling it dumb.
If an unclaimed cop votes a person without any reasoning, that might be the second worst vote in the world.

Is it dumb? no.
JAMFTW
JAMFTW
Goon
JAMFTW
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by JAMFTW »

Swiftstrike wrote:Certainly it sounds like one.

anyway back to a cooler vote
Unvote Vote JAMFTW

I would like to see some reasoning behind the matching tone of the first post there.

What tone? The playful, "Lolz, ai is random voting gaiz!" tone? Because the answer is in my question. Seems somewhat self-explanatory, really.
Show
Record so far:

Town
:
-
-

Scum
:
-
-

Third Party:
-
-
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:26 pm

Post by bristep123 »

Rikana wrote:Translated: I'm going to bullshit about my vote to make you look scummy.

Rikana wrote:Translated: See, there's nothing scummy here just something I'm pointing out. But I'm going to vote you anyway, because that looks weirddddddd.

This 'translated:' malarky is basically creating a strawman argument for you to beat down. Your summation of my points is just plain bad, and possibly deliberately so. You're locking onto me because you're either a) new or dumb town who thinks OMG I'VE FOUND ME A SCUM! because you're too inexperienced or dumb to realise that catching scum this early is very unlikely unless you get a blatant fuckup or are an uberscumhunter. I've met uberscumhunters, and you sir are no uberscumhunter. OR b) You're scum caught reacting to something you should have left well alone, and now can't back down from, so there's only one way forward, ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!

Given you only joined a month ago I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you aren't dumb. Feel free to prove me wrong at any point though.

Rikana wrote:
Also, here's the best part that I will dedicate a section to for itself.

Bristep123 wrote:I at no point said he was scum, I merely voted for him. Sometimes votes can be used to gain a reaction.

So you gave reasoning for what reason?

If you don't think he's scum for unvoting at L-1, that means he must be town right?

So why did it take you so long to unvote?

Along with that, why would you go for a reaction on the person that had one of the largest wagons in the game?

Wouldn't it have been better to go with someone that had less votes or was more inactive, as you point out in your next post(? Maybe it was a few more down the line, doesn't matter) for two other players to become more active.

diescum.

It's a good thing Columbo's dead so that he can turn in his grave reading your ridiculous reasoning.

Your story about Mal's vote for Emp makes no sense. He didn't vote/unvote at L-2/L-1, so Emp was never at L-1. He was at L-3 at the time of Mal's post, which is why I pointed out that it was weird that mal felt the need to vote/unvote Emp in the same post with the incorrect reasoning that he didn't want him to be at L-1. As with my first vote of Empking I was building early wagons to fuck around and draw out reactions from people.

Again, dumb or inexperienced thinking that by saying "A vote can be for reaction" I mean "I want to see how X reacts when I vote for him" as opposed to "I want to see how all players react when I vote for X". Big difference, and kinda moots your argument somewhat.

I wanted to see what would happen, and I saw what happened. Now I need to work out if you're overzealous and new, or inexperienced and scum.
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:47 pm

Post by bristep123 »

Oh yes, and I didn't 'call for two other players (IS and beautyundead) to become more active', the game is 3 days old behave yourself. I saw they were logged in and viewing the forum, but weren't posting so I asked them to contribute.

As much as I'd like to think you're an alt account you really are playing the newb card very well I have to say.
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:31 pm

Post by malpascp »

Bristep: you are really, really bad. You voted me for not counting the votes corectlly (missed an unvote, I think), or for my "inicial" vote on Emp?

He was acting scummy but who cares? That's the meaning of RVS.

You are really pissed of about that post. I forgive you. Just please remove you vote, ok?
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
smallpeoples343
smallpeoples343
Goon
smallpeoples343
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:15 am

Post by smallpeoples343 »

SomeRandomGuy wrote:
bristep123 wrote:Stone? My 2nd favourite wrestler who likes men! I thought Swift was making a joke referring to ChrisB's first game here where he used the wrong tags.

It's quite a small group, i'm not sure whether being 2nd favourite is a compliment or not, though i guess so long as Orlando Jordan isn't number 1 i'm not too fussed :), but aye chris stone indeed.

Don't know how you guys feel about RQS but i kind of like it, if only to get a feel for how people formulate answers and of course getting to know people here just a tad better.

I feel a bit lonely only knowing 2 other players here :)

1) I think i've played around 4 or 5 mostly being on another site only one (ongoing game) here.
2) I like playing town, working out power roles has never been as fun to me as scouting for the bad guys, though a game i recently played (and was scum) with 2 scum teams and a member of each scum team and 1 member of town being in an inner council was great too, i had the extremely dangerous to me town IC member to try and find... Shame that the same night i killed him the other mafia team thought they'd pop me off to help their faction and the IC :)

1) On MafiaScum, playing 4, completed 0.
2) I actually prefer the scum role cult, because how long you survive (cult leader) depends on so many variable because you actually have to find who is scum who will lead to life or death.
After a break from MafiaScum, I am back, and limiting myself to 2 games at most at one time.
Let's see how it goes.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”