Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:19 am

Post by Phoebus »

I stand corrected then!
Usually, when someone is pinged by a cop, the vote may not be random or may be "explained" rather than just random voted.

What do you have to say Lee?

And bug? Any reason you should not be vigi-d?

I'd rather lynch bug over Lee and save him for tomorrow. Hopefully, we can lynch Lee and determine Saphire's sanity all in one stroke with another potential innocent lined up by her.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:24 am

Post by Fuldu »

Phoebus wrote:I'd rather lynch bug over Lee and save him for tomorrow. Hopefully, we can lynch Lee and determine Saphire's sanity all in one stroke with another potential innocent lined up by her.
I don't understand the reasoning behind this. That's not to say it's a bad idea, just that I don't see why it's a good idea. It seems to me that if we're going to lynch Lee either today or tomorrow, it makes better sense to do it today and to have the vig decide whether he sees fit to kill bug tonight than the other way around.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:28 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Phoebus wrote:I stand corrected then!
Usually, when someone is pinged by a cop, the vote may not be random or may be "explained" rather than just random voted.
I understand that, but since the release of Jeep's articles and such, you wouldn't see me come straight out with a vote with reasoning or no random in front of it while I'm the cop.
Phoebus wrote:And bug? Any reason you should not be vigi-d?

How can you be so sure that we have a vig in this game? Why are you so gun hoe with lynching bug? I only ask these questions because of the fact that we have a guilty result on a player. I too believe that in most minis there aren't really any sanity issues, but there obviously is no saying that this setup is included.

I wouldn't mind lynching bug if you can just write out to me how it will prove Sapphire's sanity and catch another scum.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:29 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

I would definately recommend unvoting now.

Look. I was trying to play my role CORRECTLY. Instead, you're giving the Mafia the upper hand.

I'm a cop. I cannot speak for Sapphire, besides the fact that her sanity may be off. I ALSO received a guilty result night one, but wanted to wait for night two in order to figure out my sanity. Why else would I say this?
You're making a few brash assumptions...

1) You're assuming your sanity is good.
2) You're assuming that there arent multiple cops.
I did, as I saud, received a guilty vote. And, Nanook, I didn't random vote that person right away. But be sure I'll find out tomorrow. (If you all decide to let me live)
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:33 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

LoudmouthLee wrote:I did, as I saud, received a guilty vote. And, Nanook, I didn't random vote that person right away. But be sure I'll find out tomorrow. (If you all decide to let me live)
It's good that you didn't, because then that guilty would be me wouldn't it? Excuse me while I take a brief second to laugh ... *wanders away for a moment*.

Ok, I'm back and can breath now. Here's my question LoudMouthLee .. If you are on the chopping block, like you are, why don't you say who your guilty result was?
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:33 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

bah. I need to preview before i post.

Last line should read "received a guilty RESULT."
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:34 am

Post by Phoebus »

Simulpost extravaganza.

Sapphire:
You don't need to be lynched if Lee's innocent but you will definitely need to be looked closely at.
In the event that lee *is* guilty, I suggest pinging someone else than bug. With no night kill and a scum lynch day one, bug is still expendable.

If he *is* Sk, the mafia or if there is one, the vig could probably make our job easier by offing him and it's just a wasted investigation. Also, stressing on the good luck start, he's still expendible and highly scummy - a good lynch for tomorrow.

if Lee is not guilty, well...it's gonna get tight but unless this is a brilliant Lepton, I doubt you'd die.
Unfortunately, at this stage of your mafia career, I would not give you enough credit for a Lepton just yet. But like I said in my last post, I could well stand corrected again... :?

unvote: bug, vote: LML

Please claim miller or something for my amusement. :P

Fuldu:

I
did
have a small change of heart, as you can see by this post.

Why is it a good idea?

Just for the fact that we would be playing somewhat "different" than what is usually done and change is refreshing.

Why it's feasible is because:
A) We have no deaths
B) Thus we have an extra expendable lynch than usually available to a town.
C) bug has made himself scummy enough to warrant lynching on his own behaviour, forget cop results.
D) It'd be like having an ace up our sleeves.

D1) Lynch bug and get scum (good chance, given his behaviour.)
D2) We know about Lee for tomorrow. (evil as of now, as per Sapphire)
D3) Sapphire's death or lack thereof, could give us a good indication to her own alignment/sanity, in which, either we figure out if she isn't paranoid. She's not naive. Sane or insane are the only possibilities if she's not paranoid. If she gets a "good" result tonight, we are lynching lee nonetheless. If Lee turns out to be good, we lynch her "good" result and also determine her sanity.
So she either gives us an innocent or scum based on lee's lynching tomorrow. Good or otherwise.

That was slightly rambly but I hope I can be understood. Feel free to yell for more clarifications.

I might just unvote and re vote bug but I'll wait for more thoughts.
Not good form to do that in the same post, what?
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:35 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

I'll leave that up to the town. I really don't want to give the mafia any upper hand. If my sanity is off, I do NOT want a mis-lynch.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:42 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

LoudmouthLee wrote:I'll leave that up to the town. I really don't want to give the mafia any upper hand. If my sanity is off, I do NOT want a mis-lynch.
Don't want to give the mafia any upper hand? May we remind you that you are 3 votes from a lynch .. and what upperhand are you giving the mafia by telling the town a guilty result? I think if anything that would give us the upper hand if you truly are the cop.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:45 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

NanookTheWolf wrote:
LoudmouthLee wrote:I'll leave that up to the town. I really don't want to give the mafia any upper hand. If my sanity is off, I do NOT want a mis-lynch.
Don't want to give the mafia any upper hand? May we remind you that you are 3 votes from a lynch .. and what upperhand are you giving the mafia by telling the town a guilty result? I think if anything that would give us the upper hand if you truly are the cop.
3 votes is quite a bit. I'll wait to hear what the others say. You're looking more and more scummy, IMHO.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:46 am

Post by Phoebus »

Nanook:

Read latest post.
Some point about jeep's articles. Yeah. But you're you. Sapphire's new. (rhyme!)

How am I so sure about bug?
Gut. Only. And like I said earlier, it's served me well before. I too refer to jeep's articles ya know. ;)

I can't be sure about a vig but I can hope. Eh? Only virtue in Pandora's box, yada yada. But given his scuminess, which a number of people have agreed upon, he's not a bad target, what?
And like I said, reasons somewhat clear to me, as to why he should be lynched, are in my last post. Or a "strategy" if you will.

LML:

You should probably give your guilty result.
I wouldn't doubt Stewie's inclinations to putting in multicops in this game.
You're on the backfoot given you're claiming second but maybe Stewie's having some fun like I did in minvi 5? Possible, né?

Atleast, this (potentially) keeps scum in a quandry about whom to kill, if you're not it.

If you're both on the same team. Wow! Chances are, you're not.
So with two targets, one lives tomorrow and we judge for ourselves, who was what.

This makes it even better to go after bug in my opinion. If both of this guys are cops, let the scum handle them. We go after bug who seems scummy through actions than night choice results.

If sapphire dies, her role should make it clear whether or not to lynch lee.
If lee dies, then we could determine about his target tomorrow morning.
If neither dies, we have good indications of scuminess/sanity or sense of sanity of the survivor nonetheless.

Even a possible cop chain could be useful to the town.

Anybody else wanna come forward as cop?

Preview comment:

Upper hand?
No such thing now.
With potential multiple cops and two guilty results, one of you is scum or the actual scum have their hands full and we get atleast one cop surviving till tomorrow.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:46 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Double Post

As I explained: If my sanity is off, I do NOT want a mis-lynch. Obviously, there are different sanaties in this mini.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:48 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

I'm looking more scummy? Is that your subtle way of saying that I'm the one that you got the guilty result from? 3 votes is more then half way, but if you want to wait, obviously I can't force you ... I wouldn't mind hearing from some others myself.

Examples being DMI and Warpdragon for instance. I don't have time to go through the entire thread to see who all hasn't posted recently, but I'm pretty sure that these two haven't made a scene lately.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:49 am

Post by Phoebus »

Good that a double post is broken!
Whee! I love the current pace of this game!

Random observations:

nanook: interesting to note you're keeping an eye on the voting numbers. +1 scuminess to you.

LML: Glass is half full? Sapphire does not become scum? Especially after her claiming that anyone counter claiming would be scum?
Obvious
that there are multiple sanities?

Hmm.

Well, I'll stop posting for a while. Some big-ish posts from me in the middle there.
Please respond y'all.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:51 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Well... I value Pepe's thoughts.. so here goes.

I received a guilty for DMI. However, there lies a problem here.

1) He hasn't posted yet.
2) I don't know my sanity.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:52 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

By the way... there HAS to be multiple sanaties, for I know my allignment.. and it's different from what Sapphire said.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:54 am

Post by Phoebus »

I'm not averse to lynching Dmi.
I have a feeling he might be one who flies under the radar as scum.
Perhaps I'll troll through some of his other games to get a perspective. I've skimmed some and that's my feeling.

Anyone have experience with him?

With two guilties, I'm all for lynching alternates. And if it's not bugscum, it might as well be dmlurker
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:01 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Phoebus wrote:This makes it even better to go after bug in my opinion. If both of this guys are cops, let the scum handle them. We go after bug who seems scummy through actions than night choice results.
Problem with this possibly being that the cop protects the one that is scum and/or vice versa.
Phoebus wrote:nanook: interesting to note you're keeping an eye on the voting numbers. +1 scuminess to you.
+1 scumminess to you for not paying attention to the votes. I pay more attention when I'm town rather then mafia, because I like to see people get a last word in so to speak.

The fact that you keep bringing Bug up in the conversation as the person you'd still would like to lynch worries me a tad only because I'd rather take care of our pseudo cop situation now. Even though mafia didn't get a kill in last night doesn't really mean anything.

Have you even thought about the possibilities of the setup? I mean our mod is stewie don't forget, and the front post doesn't mention anything about there possibly being a doc save. All it says is that mafia is unhappy, well big woop there. I've started to think that there may be a cult in this game. With the way the opening post is worded it only sounds like on group to me anyways.

To add on your last post there Phoebus, DMI lurked in Duckburg mafia and when he was called out for it, he was mafia. I don't know about the alternate thing, maybe it would work maybe not. I've never really had this sort of situation on day 1. Like I said earlier, If it can be drawn out for me and there is enough support then I am all ears.
The Shadow
The Shadow
knows
The Shadow
knows
knows

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:05 am

Post by The Shadow »

Unvote

:?

I was thinking LML, but I now do not wish to lynch either. I'm inclined to believe both after some thought on the subject.

Dmi has posted 1 random vote. I think Dmi is the best choice at this point. Anyone else?
Corpses designed with you in mind
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:05 am

Post by Fuldu »

Phoebus, are you averse to lynching LML? It seems like it based on your suggestion to lynch alternates. But that's where your vote still is (or was, in the event that there are more simulposts).
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:10 am

Post by Phoebus »

Problem with this possibly being that the cop protects the one that is scum and/or vice versa.
what??? :?
I pay more attention when I'm town rather then mafia, because I like to see people get a last word in so to speak.
Only your word for it. Precedence says otherwise.
I'm me and I like the mod to do his work hon-ee! (more rhyme!)
I'd rather take care of our pseudo cop situation now
<<snip>>
Like I said earlier, If it can be drawn out for me and there is enough support then I am all ears.
Read my posts properly f00! I even numbered them for j00 (whee!)

Have you even thought about the possibilities of the setup? I mean our mod is stewie don't forget, and the front post doesn't mention anything about there possibly being a doc save. All it says is that mafia is unhappy, well big woop there. I've started to think that there may be a cult in this game. With the way the opening post is worded it only sounds like on group to me anyways.
Yes. The mod's Stewie. What does that indicate to you?
To me, multiple cops are a possibility, as are vigis. So, I'd rather let both cops live and figure out their sanity via more investigation/their death than us make scum's job easier.

Btw...Mafia would be unhappy only if they were thwarted. Correct?
Where does it say doc was unsuccessful? Something along the lines of "low activity night" (if you must read into the scene) to indicate there was no kill attempt rather than a thwarted one.

What about the OP says cult to you? :|
To add on your last post there Phoebus, DMI lurked in Duckburg mafia and when he was called out for it, he was mafia.
That's where my feelings about his style of play stem from.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:13 am

Post by Quailman »

This game has been going pretty fast. I wish they all had this level of participation. DMI's lack of posting might be due to a trip or work demands, which would not be noticed in a game that started more slowly. It always seems, though, that when I comment on someone's lurkiness
and cast a vote for them
, they show up within an hour or so.

unvote: Talitha; vote: DMI

Let's see if it works.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:14 am

Post by Phoebus »

Fuldu:

Not averse to lynching LML.
But just, the possibilities dictate more to me that bug is a good lynch (call me obsessed) or Dmi for lurking or pressuring him, given his act in Duckburg.

Preview comment:
Thanks for not making me double post Quail.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:16 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

I thought I did this already....

Unvote: Bug, Vote: DMI