Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2005 1:19 am

Post by Seol »

Well, I had a suspicion this might happen. If I'm going to be lynched, the least I can do is help verify Speedy.

unvote, vote Speedy
purely to enable his ability. Knock me out!

Although I still think our confirmed lying scum has got to be a better choice than the claim you just don't like the sound of, but whatever.
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2005 1:30 am

Post by Seol »

On another matter, it's worth pointing out that Thesp probably isn't our serial killer. Seeing as the kill last night proves he's scum, why claim a role which the very next morning is going to immediately demonstrate he was lying? It makes no sense at all.
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2005 2:48 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

It would make less sense for him to claim to be the stabber if he were vanilla mafia.

Think about it, a serial killer who needs a plausible claim, and was lucky/smart enough to nail a mafia with his first kill. I'd be very tempted to claim vig in that situation.

Anyway, I shall grant Seol's request for a beating. I'm sending the message to the mod requesting the knockout.
[size=75]Mafia is hard.[/size]
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2005 5:58 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

As the townies argue, conversation shifting rapidly between two suspicions, someone suddenly noticed that Seol was missing. After a moment of panic and some quick searching, the townies found him- unconcious, but alive, knocked out by several expertly delivered blows to the head. Unfortunately, he wouldn't be getting up for at least the rest of the day, and so certainly wouldn't be helping them with a lynch.

Seol is unable to post for the remainder of the day. He is no longer able to vote. The number required to lynch is not reduced.

Vote Count:

Seol - 2 (dybeck, SpeedyKQ)
Not Voting - 4 (Assasin, kwyjibo, Thesp, Seol)

With 6 alive, it will take 4 to lynch.
To be Continued...
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2005 12:44 pm

Post by Thesp »

I'm still pretty sold on Seol being scum. I'm pretty sure that taking the knockout punch to confirm SppedyKQ is just to generate sympathy. I'd be willing to place the last vote on him on the off chance he's telling the truth, but I'm almost certain he's not. If he gets three votes I will place the fourth on him, just so you are aware.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Assasin
Assasin
Goon
Assasin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2005 12:48 pm

Post by Assasin »

Thesp, why not just vote him now?
I will eventually kill you all.
kwyjibo
kwyjibo
Goon
kwyjibo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2005 3:24 pm

Post by kwyjibo »

I am here...I am here...um...I was actually kinda expecting the whole kung fu thingy to be real, because it is so easily testable so I am gonna
fos soel
becuase that part could have been saved for right befora a lynch...also do you want me to like tell you who I blocked or what?
hmm....so many good simpsons quotes so little sig space....
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2005 5:54 pm

Post by Thesp »

Assasin wrote:Thesp, why not just vote him now?
On the off chance Seol is telling the truth, I'm willing to be the one killed. If we think it's better someone else takes the bullet, I'm willing to go that route, but I'm okay being the one to cast the last vote.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2005 8:53 am

Post by dybeck »

With Speedy's role confirmed, I think it's a certainty that Seol is lying, merely by process of elimination. There has to be at least 2 scum left, and Seol and Thesp are the only two with no supporting evidence to their claims.

Thesp looks like the SK, so we should avoid killing him today, since it means kwyjibo needs to get a result tonight if we're going to see tomorrow.

If Thesp is pro-town, I think we should discuss how, if at all, he is going to use his night ability. In fact, if he's scum, we should definitely discuss it, because it'll put him in a trickier position overnight.
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2005 1:34 pm

Post by SpeedyKQ »

I'm finding it really hard to envision a situation where Thesp is pro-town. If he is pro-town, somebody else did last night's stabbing, but for some reason that other stabber didn't kill at all on night 1 or 2. Possible, but really unlikely, in my opinion.

In the very outside chance that he is telling the truth, I'd say his best kill choice is dybeck, whose role has not been confirmed at all. Assuming we lynch Seol now, that is.
Assasin
Assasin
Goon
Assasin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2005 2:42 pm

Post by Assasin »

Since his role is confirmed I think I may invite him into the HFC, but on to more important issues. Right now Seol is looking more and more like scum with each post. His verifying Speedy's role was just a way to gain the town's trust. Th e reason I am holding my vote is so that he town can discuss the matter before lyncing him without letting others have a say. I will
FOS Seol
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2005 10:35 pm

Post by dybeck »

SpeedyKQ wrote: In the very outside chance that he is telling the truth, I'd say his best kill choice is dybeck, whose role has not been confirmed at all.
I guess I asked for that. Is there any way I can confirm my role overnight?

We should note also that Assassin has only had his role confirmed by Seol, since Stoofer died before he would have been able to confirm.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2005 3:21 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Ah, good point, dybeck. Assasin should invite somebody before the day ends.

I still tend to trust Assasin, though. If the HFC was a big lie, it was extremely well choreographed.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2005 4:14 am

Post by dybeck »

Yeah I do too for what it's worth. In fact, I'd deem very few people on this site capable of executing something like that so cleverly. Seol is, however, one of those I'd include on the list.

It's not exactly a problem, because since both kwyjibo and Speedy are confirmed, inviting either of those will clear it up once and for all.

we should make sure that all this day-action type business is executed before we go to night.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2005 3:04 am

Post by dybeck »

<pokes everyone>

what's the plan then?
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2005 4:46 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Sit on our thumbs until Assasin or kwyjibo upgrades their FOS into a full-fledged vote, or at least tells us why they are hesitant to do so.

Ideally, I'd like Assasin to invite somebody to the HFC first, but I'm not too worried about that part of it.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2005 8:47 am

Post by Thesp »

SpeedyKQ wrote:Sit on our thumbs until Assasin or kwyjibo upgrades their FOS into a full-fledged vote, or at least tells us why they are hesitant to do so.

Ideally, I'd like Assasin to invite somebody to the HFC first, but I'm not too worried about that part of it.
Quoted for truthery.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Assasin
Assasin
Goon
Assasin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2005 8:51 am

Post by Assasin »

I'll start by inviting Speedy into the HFC.
I will also
Vote Seol
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2005 9:07 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Seol has been lynched. The day is over.

Final Vote Count:

Seol - 3 (Assasin, dybeck, SpeedyKQ)
Not Voting - 3 (kwyjibo, Thesp, Seol)

Gathering the next day, the townies looked at one another, mostly remaining silent. But while little was spoken, the glares remained steadily on Seol throughout the day, and after he was knocked out, the town only found it that much easier to string him up as a member of the mafia... no one had ever much liked Seol, and so they even lynched him before they had quite half the town.

After the lynch, the townies went to his house, wondering who he was. Had they been right? Could the mafia be now nearly gone? After breaking down his locked door, they walked inside. Everything was covered in dust, except for a path to the kitchen and to the couch, where it was clear Seol had spent most of his time, sitting alone watching television. Looking around in the areas where he seemed to have been recently, someone found a pair of books: one a roster from a recent town meeting, complete with everyone's photos, and the other a phone book with addresses circled. The photos had been marked with X's, and little word bubbles filled with cruel things coming from the town member's mouths. As each of the townies looked at their own photos, they realized that they had actually said that, and Seol had remembered. brushhopper and Mastermind of Sin, though, have their word bubbles crossed out, and the phrase "We're even" written over it. The townies think for a moment, and then realize that Seol couldn't have been a member of the mafia... but he had killed them just the same.

Seol, the Hated Townie (independent win condition), has been lynched. It is Night Four. Please get choices in within the next three days.
Last edited by DarkLight140 on Wed May 11, 2005 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
To be Continued...
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2005 9:07 am

Post by Thesp »

I'll
Vote Seol
as well. That should be 4, with me as the last vote. Mod?
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Assasin
Assasin
Goon
Assasin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2005 9:13 am

Post by Assasin »

Thesp are you stupid?
You didn't give Speedy a chance to join!!!
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2005 2:20 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

As the townies departed for their own homes, Thesp and dybeck looked at each other, and smiled. Thesp tipped his hat to dybeck, who nodded, pulled a gun from under his coat, and walked confidently after SpeedyKQ. Shots rang out a few moments later, and Thesp grinned from his position in the square.

In the morning, Thesp beat the remaining pair of townies to death as they arrived in the square. He laughed as kwyjibo tried to focus long enough to force him away, and grinned maliciously as Assasin offered to be friends.

SpeedyKQ, the Kung Fu Townie, shot Night 4.

kwyjibo, the Psychic Townie, and Assasin, the Popular Townie, killed in endgame.

Thesp, the Mafia Murderer, and dybeck, the Mafia Infiltrator, remain.
GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN!
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2005 2:52 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

These are the night choice listings for, well, everyone. It's kind of sloppy, but, well, it looks better in Notepad.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Role/Player/Night One Choice/Result

Townie/MoS/Check kwyjibo/Action Blocked
Infiltrator/dybeck/Kill mathcam/Killed
Murderer/Omniplex/-/-

Trickster/SquareKnight/-/-
Paranoid/brushhopper/Used Ability/No Kills
Kung-Fu/SpeedyKQ/-/-
Popular/Assasin/-/-
Inquisitive/BlueSin/Check SqKn, Omniplex/Items 1/1
Techie/mathcam/-/-
Psychic/kwyjibo/Block Mastermind of Sin/Blocked
Veteran/Mr Stoofer/Protect kwyjibo/Protected

Hated/Seol/-/-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Role/Player/Night Two Choice/Result

Townie/MoS/Check Seol/Hated Townie
Infiltrator/dybeck/Kill SquareKnight/Killed
Murderer/Thesp/-/-

Trickster/SquareKnight/Paint Self/Self hit
Paranoid/brushhopper/Didn't Use Ability/-
Kung-Fu/SpeedyKQ/-/-
Popular/Assasin/Recruit Seol/Seol Recruited
Psychic/kwyjibo/Block Mr Stoofer/Blocked
Veteran/Mr Stoofer/Protect brushhopper/Action Blocked

Hated/Seol/Kill Mastermind of Sin/Killed

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Role/Player/Night Three/Result

Infiltrator/dybeck/Kill Mr Stoofer/Killed
Murderer/Thesp/-/-

Paranoid/brushhopper/Didn't Use Ability/-
Kung-Fu/SpeedyKQ/-/-
Popular/Assasin/Recruit Mr Stoofer/Recruited
Psychic/kwyjibo/Block Thesp/Blocked
Veteran/Mr Stoofer/Protect Seol/Action Blocked

Hated/Seol/Kill brushhopper/Killed

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Role/Player/Night Four/Result

Infiltrator/dybeck/Kill SpeedyKQ/Killed
Murderer/Thesp/-/-

Kung-Fu/SpeedyKQ/-/-
Popular/Assasin/Could not recruit/-
Psychic/kwyjibo/No choice/-
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2005 3:00 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

And, finally, the actual setup. Before the game, I'd had this looked over by a few people; they pretty much all felt it favored the town. Kwyjibo threw away the game with not telling you guys about his blocking Thesp, I think, but... whatever.

The notes to Mod (self) may be slightly incomplete; this was the original setup and my notes are a bit messy. Any comments or questions would be most welcome. My thoughts go like this: A lot of the town's abilities are either extremely weak or double-edged, and the Mafia Infiltrator is a great ace for the mafia. The Hated Townie is utterly screwed no matter what happens. Seol pulled that off very well, by the way.

Townie Mafia

Anti-Town

You are the Townie Townie.
You're a townie. Yup. Keep telling everyone that, and you'll be good. You hope so, at least, and so do your mafia buddies [name] (the Mafia Infiltrator) and [name] (the Mafia Murderer). You've been reporting to the mafia for years, and they've finally decided that it's time to seize control of the town you've given them such detailed information on.
Each night, you may speak with your mafia bretheren. One of you may kill someone, mutually agreed upon by all three of you (that person must send in the kill PM). You, personally, may also look up all references to someone in your notes in order to learn a little bit about one member of the town (in this case, their role name).

You are the Mafia Infiltrator.
You're skilled in the twin arts of deception and messing with people's heads. Along with your pals [name] (the Townie Townie) and [name] (the Mafia Murderer), you're taking over the town, and you were sent by your Mafia to make sure this bold attempt succeeds.
Each night, you may speak with your mafia bretheren. One of you may kill someone, mutually agreed upon by all three of you (that person must send in the kill PM). As an elite Mafia guy, you can dodge traps, cunningly slip past security cameras, carefully manipulate the items lying around your house so that you don't look suspicious, and so forth- essentially, role abilities which would give information about you turn up with you looking good.

You are the Mafia Murderer.
You're skilled in the fine art of ripping people apart with your massive ham fists. Recognizing your, ah, talents, the Mafia got you out of jail and into business with them, and you've been there ever since. Along with two other mafia agents, [name] the Townie Townie and [name] the Mafia Infiltrator, you've been sent to conquer this town.
Each night, you may speak with your mafia bretheren. One of you may kill someone, mutually agreed upon by all three of you (that person must send in the kill PM). At any point in the game, you may claim Mafia Murderer (it must be clear that this is an actual claim, not a joke- send a PM to me when you want to use it in addition to claiming) and by doing so make a daytime kill against the person who posted immediately previous to you.

Pro-Town

You are the Trickster Townie.
You're fond of pranks, jokes, and making fools out of other people. Now that people are dying, you've decided to put those skills to good use and catch whoever is doing things at night, and mark them for all the world to see.
You may target any player during the night, and set traps around their house. Anyone who targets them will wake up in the morning covered in a paint color of your choice (send the color in with your target). You may target yourself. You must make at least one joke during the day (it doesn't have to be a good joke, but it must involve someone responding to you- send me a quote with the joke in it with your choice), or you will be unable to use your abilities that night (due to this restriction, you cannot use your ability Night One).

You are the Paranoid Townie.
They're coming to kill you. You've always expected it, but you know for sure, now, that it's finally time. You're prepared, though. You're very prepared. They're going to get more than they bargained for.
Twice during the course of the game, you may choose to stay up all night in your house, and shoot anyone who comes in. You'll be too tired to be capable the next day, though- you can post only three times in a day after staying up all night, and each post must contain at least five words spelled incorrectly and/or major grammatical errors. You must reject all direct offers of friendship from other players during the day, or you will lose all role abilities.

You are the Kung-Fu Townie.
You're a martial artist. While this may seem like it would help you out, most of what you learned was from the movies, and most of that was doctored in the first place. But you try. And your honor is quite prickly.
If someone votes you during the day, you can choose to punch them. While this is far from fatal, it does have the effect of knocking them out, so that they cannot speak or vote for the rest of the day (they are still counted as people as far as people-to-lynch is concerned). You can do this to only one person per day.

You are the Popular Townie.
You have a lot of friends. You're always making new ones, too... in fact, you make new friends just about every day, and party every night. It remains to be seen, however, if you hang with the right crowd.
Each day, you may say to one person something to the effect of "Will you be my friend?" If they accept, then that night, you and any friends that you've made so far can talk to them, like a mason group (PM me quotes of the offer, and their acceptance, and I'll PM you both that you're allowed to talk). Be warned, however, that just because someone is your friend doesn't mean that they're a good person. Only the person you made the offer to may accept the offer.
Note to Mod: If the Popular Townie makes friends with someone, they get the message "You've made friends with the Popular Townie, [name], and [his/her] friends. You can talk with your new pals,
  • , at night, but gain no other information or abilities." If the Popular Townie dies, his circle of friends breaks up and can no longer talk.

You are the Inquisitive Townie.
    You've always been compelled to figure out what others are up to. Now that information could mean your life, you've kicked your habits into high gear and started to poke around in other people's houses, looking for anything incriminating.
    Each night, you may choose two people to investigate. You will find something in their house (each person has up to three things to find, so investigating the same person multiple times can benefit you). The item will hint at their role. However, duing the day you must ask at least one question which essentially amounts to "Are you mafia?" of anyone you wish to target at night (this rule does not apply during Night One).
    Note to Mod: Item lists are as follows:
    Townie Townie: A box of donuts, a list of players with unintelligible notes next to their names, and a Mafia membership card.
    Mafia Infiltrator: PM Mafia Infiltrator, ask what he'd like to be found.
    Mafia Murderer: A steak, a pair of brass knuckles, and a Mafia membership card.
    Trickster Townie: A box of Ho-Hos (tm), a stack of paint cans, and a hastily drawn tripwire-paint trap blueprint.
    Paranoid Townie: Caffeine pills, some bizarre prescription drugs, a modified assualt rifle (perfect for dodging laws).
    Kung-Fu Townie: A box of white rice, a book on "applied human anatomy", and a black belt.
    Popular Townie: A six-pack of beer, a wall overflowing with Christmas cards, and a list of phone numbers (players currently in the group).
    Techie Townie: A pyramid of empty soda cans, a desk littered with computer parts, and a 157-page printout of a .pdf on 'Hacking Common Security Systems'.
    Psychic Townie: A bag of organically grown vegetables, some sticks of incense, and a book on current theories of psychic power.
    Veteran Townie: A box of healthy cereal, an old war medal, and a framed letter thanking him for saving their life in the war.
    Hated Townie: A TV dinner, an old school yearbook with no signatures at all, and a knife.

You are the Techie Townie.
    You're into computers, and quite possibly anything else with a circuit in it. The law has always been more of a guideline than a rule for you, and you've got thousands of gigs of illigal software, movies, and files on your hard drives. But you're still fundamentally a good guy, just into open-sourcing everything.
    You've hacked into the town's camera security systems, and are sorting through it as fast as you can. Each night, you'll be given a list of people who were on-camera the previous night. Thanks to invasion of privacy laws, though, you can't see where they went or who they targeted. Note to Mod: The Townie Townie and Mafia Murderer, along with the Popular Townie and anyone he/she has recruited, will show up for talking during the night. The Trickster Townie and Psychic Townie will show up only if they use their abilities on others. The Hated Townie will show up if he/she is an SK and kills. The Veteran Townie and Inquisitive Townie will show up if they use their abilities. The Paranoid Townie and Mafia Infiltrator will show up only if befriended.

You are the Psychic Townie.
    You've got psychic powers. Not "I see dead people" kind of power, but rather "I will dominate your mind (and send you home to sleep, because I'm nice)" psychic powers. You're a fairly moral person, so you don't normally do anything too drastic with them, but you've begun to fear for your life, and have decided that you'll deal with the consequences later.
    Each night, you can choose to either protect yourself, in which case the first person to target you (determined by when PMs are sent in) will be roleblocked, or to target someone else, in which case they will be roleblocked no matter who they target.
    Note to Mod: His targets will be told that they went to sleep early if they have a nightchoice; otherwise not, even if they're mafia or a friend.

You are the Veteran Townie.
    You were in the army once, and were renowned for your skill at finding the best foxholes. Or helping others to find the nearest foxhole-equivalent. It's all the same thing, really. And with the Mafia on the loose, well, it's time to start helping the town go to ground.
    Each night, target someone and you'll grab them out of their house and help them to hide in a good spot for the night, just in case anyone is after them. This will protect them from anyone targeting their person. You, unfortunately, have taken it upon yourself to be less selfish than is wise, and make sure they are safe before you attempt to hide yourself, giving you only a 25% chance to evade anyone coming after you.
    Note to Mod: His protect-ees will be told that they were taken somewhere safe, but not by who.

Other(?)-Town

You are the Hated Townie.
    No one likes you. In fact, they all hate you, and you're a bit nervous about this. They'll probably lynch you quickly.
    It takes one vote less than normal to kill you. Yes, you're totally screwed. Good luck...
    Note to Mod: The Hated Townie will become an SK if he is voted by two or more people during a day, but is not lynched. He will still be one vote easier to lynch, but must have at least two votes on him to be lynched.
To be Continued...
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2005 3:33 pm

Post by Thesp »

Yusssssssssssssssss! Go mafia! :twisted:

I have to say this is the first game where I wasn't lynched
because
everyone thought I was the serial killer. Wow.

When it came mass calim time, I thought we were in big trouble, but we somehow managed. Good game all, this was a tough one!
Reiner Knizia

your
game!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”