[REVIEW] Open Setup Reviews

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:44 am

Post by theslimer3 »

Curious about a setup that’s a lot like Vengeful or We Need a 5th where the game could end day 1,

But it’s a 3 mafia, 4 town setup, where there’s 1 mafia goon, and 2 traitors, and the rest are all vanilla.
It’s nightless and if the goon gets lynched, the two traitors are endgamed. Lynching town loses day 1.

The twist is that the traitors don’t know who each other are and must attempt to deduce that by seeing who favors the goon.

It’s not meant to be a long game, but there’s tons of WiFoM shenanigans to be held. Wondering if this would be balanced enough for a test spin

I was also thinking about bringing it to 8p, adding an extra VT or IC(ic might be overkill)
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:51 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 856, Jingle wrote:
In post 853, theslimer3 wrote:But it’s a 3 mafia, 4 town setup, where there’s 1 mafia goon, and 2 traitors, and the rest are all vanilla.
It’s nightless and if the goon gets lynched, the two traitors are endgamed. Lynching town loses day 1.
I don't think it meaningfully changes the math to drop a traitor and a VT (I mean, it does, but not enough to be insane) but it would reduce the PITA for the Goon if the traitors are lynched early. Interestingly, the traitors here are functionally identical to Unlynchers which might make the game more palatable on a reskin to some players. It's a scumsided by numbers (57% scumwin on D1) but not enough to invalidate the setup for what it is I think. Probably a good setup to run as a blitz or a marathon.
I did kinda think of it as a Marathon type game, but I don't think we do those anymore (I remember they were usually a holiday thing, but I didn't see it this year)

Also I kiiind alike the unlyncher idea, but wouldn't that break apart the dynamic of 3 people striving for 1 goal, without any contact?

Heck it, I'mma give it a shot
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”